PDA

View Full Version : Doing a stranger a favor

verylegit
12-30-2015, 01:54 AM
Went to get some chinese food that is also a convenience store. It's next to government funded public housing(the projects). I grew up there so I know what it's like to be poor. Anyhow, while I'm waiting for my food to be ready, im posted up in the corner when I see 4 kids, 3 of them had bought some candy while the 4th kid was counting his coins until he realized he didn't have enough. I've been in a similar situation so I bought the kid a 40oz beer - kidding, but I did call him over and gave him cash and change I had on me. Kid's eyes lit up and he thanked me. Made my night.

CavaliersFTW
12-30-2015, 01:57 AM
:applause:

WayOfWade
12-30-2015, 01:58 AM
That's what I'm talking about :applause:

Draz
12-30-2015, 01:10 PM
That girth. Good shit. That kid will never forget that.

oh the horror
12-30-2015, 01:12 PM
Maybe one day he'll do the same.

And guy someone a beer

verylegit
12-30-2015, 01:33 PM
That girth. Good shit. That kid will never forget that.
it grew :lol

verylegit
12-30-2015, 01:35 PM
Maybe one day he'll do the same.

And guy someone a beer
Lol as long as he passes it on

Smook B
12-30-2015, 01:45 PM
Thought it would be another favor if you know what I mean.

http://res.cloudinary.com/urbandictionary/image/upload/a_exif,c_fit,h_200,w_200/v1420893743/tlmjvztduy7zs9rovr7w.png

9erempiree
12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
I do that all the time.

rufuspaul
12-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Really nice thing you did. :cheers:

I usually just tell kids there's free candy in my van. KIDDING!

Draz
12-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Just seen OP on nbc news

Draz
12-30-2015, 03:07 PM
Has anyone had this happen to them tho?

A few years ago I was working as a valet out in scottsdale, after my shift I went to chipotle and some guy in front of me bought my food, told me "someone else bought mine a few weeks ago, thought I would return the favor" Now, it would have been perfect if it stopped right there, but after he paid he said "hey, I dont think you should be eating by yourself, come sit and eat with me since there is nobody with us"

I felt obligated because the dude paid for my meal. He ended up asking me all these questions about my life and what I was doing, if I was going to school and shit. It was supppppper weird. After we finished, he asked for my number to keep in touch which I thought was superrrrrr creepy and weird. I gave it to him, but luckily he never tried to call or text me.

Sort of. Was having a FULL BLOWN huge argument in the parking lot of planet fitness with my ex. Just straight tearing each other apart. We took it to the streets with the car in the parking lot. I look back I can't remember if I told the guy to take her off me because she was getting physically dominant over me or if he intruded when he saw I could of hurt her physically because of how intense it was.

He stepped in and told talked to us both as a father. He said if the cops saw they'd arrest me or both of us. That she needs to calm down because I was calmed and she just took it that he was on my side over her. She walked away. He asked me if I had a ride home, it was winter and freezing. He dropped me home, told me I was a cool kid and I should hang out with his sons and him that they go to play paint ball and all of that. He said he goes to church and that I should also come along. He gave me his number and we kept in contact for a few. I never did meet up again after and his number changed.

He gave me great advice and really took a liking to me as a son. He told me his youngest son my age or a little older is having the same issue and he understood and seen his son in me.

Crazy.

SugarHill
12-30-2015, 03:10 PM

A few years ago I was working as a valet out in scottsdale, after my shift I went to chipotle and some guy in front of me bought my food, told me "someone else bought mine a few weeks ago, thought I would return the favor" Now, it would have been perfect if it stopped right there, but after he paid he said "hey, I dont think you should be eating by yourself, come sit and eat with me since there is nobody with us"

I felt obligated because the dude paid for my meal. He ended up asking me all these questions about my life and what I was doing, if I was going to school and shit. It was supppppper weird. After we finished, he asked for my number to keep in touch which I thought was superrrrrr creepy and weird. I gave it to him, but luckily he never tried to call or text me.
man you got forced into a date

verylegit
12-30-2015, 04:13 PM

Did they tell you to "pay it forward"? I've been bought a meal before and was told to pay it forward. That's a little intrusive though, for the person to ask you personal questions and your digits. You get a weird vibe from him? Like his intentions lied elsewhere?

verylegit
12-30-2015, 04:16 PM
Sort of. Was having a FULL BLOWN huge argument in the parking lot of planet fitness with my ex. Just straight tearing each other apart. We took it to the streets with the car in the parking lot. I look back I can't remember if I told the guy to take her off me because she was getting physically dominant over me or if he intruded when he saw I could of hurt her physically because of how intense it was.

He stepped in and told talked to us both as a father. He said if the cops saw they'd arrest me or both of us. That she needs to calm down because I was calmed and she just took it that he was on my side over her. She walked away. He asked me if I had a ride home, it was winter and freezing. He dropped me home, told me I was a cool kid and I should hang out with his sons and him that they go to play paint ball and all of that. He said he goes to church and that I should also come along. He gave me his number and we kept in contact for a few. I never did meet up again after and his number changed.

He gave me great advice and really took a liking to me as a son. He told me his youngest son my age or a little older is having the same issue and he understood and seen his son in me.

Crazy.

That guy sounds very kind. Aside from giving you rides, he invited you to hang with his sons.

Ever consider switching gyms bro? So you don't have to see her. I know what you mean when you say that she got physical, girls be wild digging their nails into you, slapping, etc but even then the cops would give her the benefit of the doubt.

Dr Seuss
12-30-2015, 04:19 PM

lulz

sounds like hes grooming you to be his future prostitute.

JohnnySic
12-30-2015, 04:52 PM
One time a boy around 12ish asked me for change for a dollar so he could buy something at a vending machine (in those days vending machines took only change). I gave him the change and let him keep the dollar.

highwhey
12-30-2015, 05:11 PM
One time a boy around 12ish asked me for change for a dollar so he could buy something at a vending machine (in those days vending machines took only change). I gave him the change and let him keep the dollar.
Good to know we got kind souls on ISH.

I think this thread is putting some perspective: not too long ago the usual band of losers made a thread about exterminating muslims. Unlike them, we have participated in this positive and progressive thread. :applause:

senelcoolidge
12-30-2015, 05:19 PM
I once gave some homeless people some minx, fox, and bear fur coats that my aunt gave to my mom years ago. Genuine fur coats, from real animals not the fake stuff too. Am sure it kept them warm that night.

TheMarkMadsen
12-30-2015, 05:43 PM
I saw this kid drop his school papers when he was walking home. It was a windy day but I used my strength and agility to chase down all of his papers before safely returning them to him.

highwhey
12-30-2015, 05:45 PM
I saw this kid drop his school papers when he was walking home. It was a windy day but I used my strength and agility to chase down all of his papers before safely returning them to him.
MVP :applause:

wakencdukest
12-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Naw he didnt say that at all. He was super weird, I couldnt really figure him out at all.

Probably a Mormon.