PDA

View Full Version : When is Adam Silver going to finally change to a 16 team playoffs?

dubeta
12-30-2015, 06:30 PM
This is getting f*cling rediculous

The East is a bloodbath with a 50 win minimum just to make the playoffs

Meanwhile in the West garbage below .500 teams like the 13-16 Jazz are comfortably in the playoffs :facepalm

Miami lost 2 games, and dropped all the way from 2nd to 8th seed

Horrible disparity, the East is so much stronger it's not even funny :facepalm

So when is Silver finally gonna change to a 16 team playoffs??

Either move to a 16 team playoffs, or permanently banish the entire Western Conference to the D-League, leaving only Eastern teams in the league.

DMAVS41
12-30-2015, 06:42 PM
Definitely should change it....there is no reason to have teams like the Nets and Celtics in the playoffs over teams like the Thunder last year.

If this year keeps trending the way it is...it's a shame to have a team like the Jazz in and a team like the Heat potentially out.

This was never about loyalty to one conference. It's about the most fair and balanced system.

And that is clearly just taking the top 16 teams.

You can still keep the conferences and when there is disparity like this...it's already a big enough advantage to play in the weaker conference. It's dumb to double down on that and make the opening round of the playoffs even easier for the top teams in the weaker conference.

Also, I'm confused, are you Eastern fans now conceding that the West had it much tougher for the last 15 or so years?

zeerghit
12-30-2015, 06:45 PM
still trying? GTFO dude, u r pathetic.

Chokefree
12-30-2015, 08:13 PM
still trying? GTFO dude, u r pathetic.
Right? Dude needs help or needs a hobby....wtf all he does is post in here 24/7....sign in his alt accounts then responds to himself....we are sick of it :facepalm :facepalm

ISHGoat
12-30-2015, 08:17 PM
Right? Dude needs help or needs a hobby....wtf all he does is post in here 24/7....sign in his alt accounts then responds to himself....we are sick of it :facepalm :facepalm

You are no better. Now go get my fries bitch.

SexSymbol
12-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Yet another joke made by you that just sucked.
You should seriously consider quitting this trolling thing, maybe even post some serious posts once in a while. Who knows, maybe even you could actually be a valuable contributor to the forum

Chokefree
12-30-2015, 08:25 PM
Huh? Lol you need help if your thinking about fast food when you are on an NBA forum......

WayOfWade
12-30-2015, 08:28 PM
This argument has done a complete 180 since last season

dubeta
12-30-2015, 08:30 PM

:oldlol:

dubeta
12-30-2015, 08:31 PM
Yet another joke made by you that just sucked.
You should seriously consider quitting this trolling thing, maybe even post some serious posts once in a while. Who knows, maybe even you could actually be a valuable contributor to the forum

DAmn bruh this thread got you mad :oldlol:

Stop rooting for teams that play in inferior conferences

Sarcastic
12-30-2015, 08:32 PM
Never. Conferences/Leagues are a part of every major professional sports organization.

OnFire
12-30-2015, 08:36 PM
Definitely should change it....there is no reason to have teams like the Nets and Celtics in the playoffs over teams like the Thunder last year.

If this year keeps trending the way it is...it's a shame to have a team like the Jazz in and a team like the Heat potentially out.

This was never about loyalty to one conference. It's about the most fair and balanced system.

And that is clearly just taking the top 16 teams.

You can still keep the conferences and when there is disparity like this...it's already a big enough advantage to play in the weaker conference. It's dumb to double down on that and make the opening round of the playoffs even easier for the top teams in the weaker conference.

Also, I'm confused, are you Eastern fans now conceding that the West had it much tougher for the last 15 or so years?

Why even have conferences and divisions in the NBA? Lets just put all the teams in 1 division. Everyone play everyone twice, play a random other teams once and call it a day. I honestly don't even get why there are divisions now as it is.

Can we all agree that there are very few upsets in best of 7 NBA?
Then why does it matter if the first round of the playoffs is easier? It isn't like 1 team in the East gets to play the bottom 4 seeds for all of its rounds. Conference loyalty in basketball is dumber than conference loyalty in the NCAA.

DMAVS41
12-30-2015, 08:56 PM
Why even have conferences and divisions in the NBA? Lets just put all the teams in 1 division. Everyone play everyone twice, play a random other teams once and call it a day. I honestly don't even get why there are divisions now as it is.

Can we all agree that there are very few upsets in best of 7 NBA?
Then why does it matter if the first round of the playoffs is easier? It isn't like 1 team in the East gets to play the bottom 4 seeds for all of its rounds. Conference loyalty in basketball is dumber than conference loyalty in the NCAA.

I actually like the conferences. I'm not loyal to one or the other, but I think it makes sense given the travel it takes to play games over a long season.

I would prefer if we reduced the regular season games down to 72, but that isn't going to happen.

Yea, upsets rarely happen, and there isn't a huge advantage playing a terrible team in round 1 over an average team, but it's still an advantage.

Also, fans matter.

We don't want to watch the Nets when the Thunder are sitting there as a far better and more exciting team.

OnFire
12-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Really the fans would benefit more if they reduced the teams to 8, so the 4 garbage teams in each conference that have little chance don't need to waste our time in the playoffs.

Sarcastic
12-30-2015, 10:39 PM
Really the fans would benefit more if they reduced the teams to 8, so the 4 garbage teams in each conference that have little chance don't need to waste our time in the playoffs.

Great idea. Let's reduce the number of games, so we get less basketball.

:facepalm