PDA

View Full Version : let's be honest .. Warriors without Curry is .500 team

zizozain
01-03-2016, 01:44 PM
lebron stans and warriorfan, please keep away from this thread.

my fav. player is Dray, and i din't like some of what steph does on the court, but it's clear.

Discus

Cali Syndicate
01-03-2016, 01:48 PM
Naw. They'd figure it out and would still be a solid playoff contender. Curry has been the catalyst to this teams offense... Can't just remove that and think they wouldn't skip a beat. Championship goes out the door without curry though. They'd basically be a poor man's hawks of last season.

TommyGriffin
01-03-2016, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure if I qualify to post in this thread considering I am still somewhat of a LeBron stan. Anyways I have to agree with you that Draymond Green has developed into a great young player but Golden State is just not the same with out Steph Curry. The other night when they gave up a double digit lead and almost lost to the Nuggets in OT...That would of never happened with Steph Curry playing. Warriors have good defensive players but their offense misses the spacing that Curry provides as well as his ability to push the tempo and lead the fast break. Curry looks like he is on his way to another MVP and Golden State looks like a tough matchup for anyone come playoff time. However I still am confident in our Cavaliers, Irving and Love and LeBron are a great big 3 in themselves and our depth is very underrated as well. Jr Smith, Delly, Shumpert, Mo Williams, and Tristian Thompson are all extremely solid players. This is the Cavaliers year to make it happen. We need to beat the dubs, no excuses.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I think they would get to the playoffs, but would be destroyed in the first round, best case scenario really.

Sakkreth
01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Without Curry they are still top 1-2 seed. Thing is that team is mentally weak that's why they won't win it this year. It's all great for them when it's going great, they will collapse mentally with first real problem they will encounter.

feyki
01-03-2016, 02:10 PM
In this conference ?

They would fifth in west , easily . Rox are terrible , Grizz are terrible , Mavs are lottery team with goat coaching,training and they just have 0.5 SRS .

Yes , They would fifth to me .

And they would better as any team in the East , beside Cavs .

MP.Trey
01-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Naw. They'd figure it out and would still be a solid playoff contender. Curry has been the catalyst to this teams offense... Can't just remove that and think they wouldn't skip a beat. Championship goes out the door without curry though. They'd basically be a poor man's hawks of last season.
Exactly. Chemistry is so underrated. You can't win a chip without a star but you can damn sure compete. This team is perfect for each other, even without Curry they have a million shooters and a multitude of playmakers to keep the defense guessing, and their defense might even get better without Curry. I think they're still a 50 win team without Curry, probably won't go too far in the playoffs though.

Naero
01-03-2016, 03:00 PM
I think they would get to the playoffs, but would be destroyed in the first round, best case scenario really.

This.

Unlike other, more superstar-centric teams with ball-dominant superstars, the Warriors aren't inelastic to the point where they can't develop a new identity fast; they still have a well-balanced system in-place wherein the rest of the players are in a position to thrive because of the five-man ball movement.

Once the playoffs are zeroing in--or even well before then--the team would start to languish without Curry. He suctions in so much defensive attention that without him to scramble the defensive schemes, opponents would not take too long to counter-strategize the Warriors without their superstar to perpetually force adjustments.

They have enough talent and a great coaching staff to be neighbored in on the 0.500-winning mark, but they would be also-rans in the playoffs at best--a profound difference from being a record-breaking regular-season and championship lock-in.

TripleA
01-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Seeing that everyone except the Spurs,Thunder and Warriors are all not that great they would be good as the Clippers or slightly worse. So they could get the 3 to 5 seed.

Fudge
01-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Draymond
Klay
Iguodala
Barnes
Bogut
Livingston
Barbosa

That's a WCF team, fairly easily, bud.

Lebronxrings
01-03-2016, 03:11 PM
warriors without curry are still the best team in the nba. OP being a curry stan made this stupid thread for damage control.

feyki
01-03-2016, 03:13 PM
Thread vision level w/out lebron fans

Thread vision level with lebron fans

WorldWarriors
01-03-2016, 03:15 PM
lebron stans and warriorfan, please keep away from this thread.

my fav. player is Dray, and i din't like some of what steph does on the court, but it's clear.

Discus
They'll be better than .500. They are winning without him and a lot of other players including HB and Ezeli. With Barnes and Ezell they will be much better. The team is well coached and well built. So yeah definitely above .500 but not quite championship level.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:15 PM
warriors without curry are still the best team in the nba. OP being a curry stan made this stupid thread for damage control.
A pretty stupid thing to say, there's spurs who are arguably as good as Warriors with stephen active, then the Cavs who have 3 legit all-stars and a ton of great role players.
Without Curry, Warriors are worse than Spurs, Cavs, OKC, Clippers. I would also bet on Dallas, Toronto, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, with the long shot being Indiana.
So logically thinking they're probably in the 7-9th range without Curry. Which isn't bad, it's just that I think they woudn't pass the first round

Lebronxrings
01-03-2016, 03:17 PM
A pretty stupid thing to say, there's spurs who are arguably as good as Warriors with stephen active, then the Cavs who have 3 legit all-stars and a ton of great role players.
Without Curry, Warriors are worse than Spurs, Cavs, OKC, Clippers. I would also bet on Dallas, Toronto, Miami, Atlanta, Chicago, with the long shot being Indiana.
So logically thinking they're probably in the 7-9th range without Curry. Which isn't bad, it's just that I think they woudn't pass the first round
i can agree with them being worse than the spurs and maybe okc.

The problem with the warriors is that they don't really have a real point guard. Livingston is great, but they still lack a great point guard. Someone like Jrue holiday would be just as effective as stephen curry.

WorldWarriors
01-03-2016, 03:17 PM
I agree with this.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:39 PM
i can agree with them being worse than the spurs and maybe okc.

The problem with the warriors is that they don't really have a real point guard. Livingston is great, but they still lack a great point guard. Someone like Jrue holiday would be just as effective as stephen curry.
Livingston is much more of a real point guard than Jrue Holiday.
And no, Jrue can't hold a candle to stephen.
Listen, I know you hate Curry, because he's now universally accepted the best player on earth, and deservingly so while replacing bron, but you have to give the man some credit
He's averaging 30/6/6 on 51/44/90.
He dragged the team behind him in the first 15-20 games, then when his teammates got some rhythm going under their legs he could tone down the intensity. And now with him off the court with the injuries, they can hold their own against average teams.
The funny fact is, and I know a lot of people would not agree with me on this, is that the warriors of like the first 10-12 games would be destroyed by 20+ points without curry in this current stretch.
What my long rant is trying to say is that Curry built the confidence and the rhythm of this team with his incredible performances

Straight_Ballin
01-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Without Curry they are still top 1-2 seed. Thing is that team is mentally weak that's why they won't win it this year. It's all great for them when it's going great, they will collapse mentally with first real problem they will encounter.

Their weakness is nothing compared to Cavs mental weakness. If they face the Cavs in the finals, it's over for Cleveland.

Fudge
01-03-2016, 03:41 PM
Livingston is much more of a real point guard than Jrue Holiday.
And no, Jrue can't hold a candle to stephen.
Listen, I know you hate Curry, because he's now universally accepted the best player on earth, and deservingly so while replacing bron, but you have to give the man some credit
He's averaging 30/6/6 on 51/44/90.
He dragged the team behind him in the first 15-20 games, then when his teammates got some rhythm going under their legs he could tone down the intensity. And now with him off the court with the injuries, they can hold their own against average teams.
The funny fact is, and I know a lot of people would not agree with me on this, is that the warriors of like the first 10-12 games would be destroyed by 20+ points without curry in this current stretch.
What my long rant is trying to say is that Curry built the confidence and the rhythm of this team with his incredible performances
:yaohappy:

Ariza4three
01-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna agree with the only legit Warriors fan to post ITT.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Why did you turn on Curry doe?
I haven't followed your posts, because.. well quite frankly they're pretty boring pieces of non-sense that are meant to gather replies rather than actual discussion.
What's the point of your gimmick is my question and why are you so unsuccesful with it?

zizozain
01-03-2016, 03:57 PM
me curry stan? :lol

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11551972&postcount=15

Naero
01-03-2016, 04:03 PM

He has been, and most pundits have accepted him as it by now as any media-ingestive person knows. Even those who still call LeBron as the BITW always use equivocal epithets, such as "arguably the best player in the world."

I know it's hard to accept that Durant may never be the clear-cut BITW thanks to Curry, however, so your reaction is explainable. :oldlol:

Doranku
01-03-2016, 04:11 PM

How can people be so stupid?

Fudge
01-03-2016, 04:18 PM
He has been, and most pundits have accepted him as it by now as any media-ingestive person knows. Even those who still call LeBron as the BITW always use equivocal epithets, such as "arguably the best player in the world."

I know it's hard to accept that Durant may never be the clear-cut BITW thanks to Curry, however, so your reaction is explainable. :oldlol:
You like following me around. :yaohappy:

It's still LeBron's league. Durant right behind him. Deal with it.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 04:19 PM
You like following me around. :yaohappy:

It's still LeBron's league. Durant right behind him. Deal with it.
Hasn't been for a few years now, wake up.

K Xerxes
01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
They'd probably be a bit better than 0.500, maybe 45-50 wins. Barely make the playoffs and get bounced out of the first round in 5-6 games.

Curry makes everything easier for his team. For them to be in a close game with a decent team, Klay needs to drop like 40 and/or ridiculous dray triple double. They'd be on the wrong end of a number of blowouts as that kind of production from those two is simply not sustainable. Curry by himself adds 20 wins, which is a testament to how good he is in this current league

zizozain
01-04-2016, 07:27 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/xTk9ZHs96tVEBzgoNO/giphy.gif

Clifton
01-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Not a .500 team. More on a level with last year's Blazers. Everyone would respect them, but everyone would also know there is 0% chance they win a title.

Now, Warriors without Curry but with a cheap substitute who can get things rolling? Tony Parker perhaps? Rondo? Might stand a chance. But you can't just take him out. It would be like a Ferrari with a 6 cylinder engine. The team is build around his ability to generate momentum and spread the floor.