PDA

View Full Version : Is Draymond Green slowly taking over as the leader of Golden State?

Fudge
01-03-2016, 03:06 PM
We see it happening right before our eyes. He's entered the MVP race and the talk is all about him at the moment as the best PF in the league, with little Stephon going down with injuries.

6 triple doubles.

15/9/7/1/1 from your starting PF with DPOY level defense. That's filthy.

TommyGriffin
01-03-2016, 03:08 PM
No. Everyone still defers to Steph Curry.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:11 PM
We see it happening right before our eyes. He's entered the MVP race and the talk is all about him at the moment as the best PF in the league, with little Stephon going down with injuries.

6 triple doubles.

Curry is averaging 30/6/6 on 51/44/90 in 34 mpg.
He's having the best individual season so far since Kobe in 06, your argument is so terrible that you should just off yourself the first chance you get

HylianNightmare
01-03-2016, 03:13 PM
I hope not. Dude has one of the most visually unappealing games

Lebronxrings
01-03-2016, 03:13 PM
he always was.

I have watched all the warrior games and have seen him to be the voice and soul of the team. Sure curry gets the points, but its possible because of draymonds, passes, off ball offense, spacing etc. Draymond does the hardwork of guarding 1-5 and scrambling, hustling for the ball. I like curry, but he gets those stats because of draymond. Put curry on the 76ers and they wouldn't change.

sportjames23
01-03-2016, 03:19 PM

6 triple doubles.

Draymond Family at ISH incoming?

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:21 PM
he always was.

I have watched all the warrior games and have seen him to be the voice and soul of the team. Sure curry gets the points, but its possible because of draymonds, passes, off ball offense, spacing etc. Draymond does the hardwork of guarding 1-5 and scrambling, hustling for the ball. I like curry, but he gets those stats because of draymond. Put curry on the 76ers and they wouldn't change.
I know you're just shitting, but holy fock that's the most illogical thing I've read this year. And the last year

Fudge
01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
he always was.

Well said.

Dray is the vocal and motivational leader. Kind of like KG on the Celtics. Pierce put up better stats, but we all knew who kept that team going and what got them over the hump.

Kvnzhangyay
01-03-2016, 03:27 PM
He's having the best individual season so far since Kobe in 06, your argument is so terrible that you should just off yourself the first chance you get

Kobe played literally no defense in 06

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Well, literally no defense is an overstatement, he was an above average defender for sure, but it's hard to expect him to be an elite defender while playing 41 mpg and carrying his team on offense.
Not everybody has MJ's stamina, which is the most underrated physical gift of MJ's

T_L_P
01-03-2016, 03:35 PM

:roll:

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I know, Duncan is arguably better than Kobe and Kobe is arguably better than Duncan so naturally being a duncan stan you hate Kobe.
But if you look at the facts, at least counting the regular seasons only, Kobe's 06 was as good as anything post 00 and maybe even further back than that.

Naero
01-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Not even close.

He's a great player and deserved all-star this year (hopefully), but most are even gushing about him right now because he's infusing another wave of production while Curry is hobbled by his recent slew of injuries.

When healthy, Curry was on-pace to post the best full-season PER in NBA history--and could still be if he recuperates. Green may be comparable in intangible contributions leadership-wise, but that's not overly indispensable when you have Curry's legendary on-the-court impact.

Just put the agenda aside and appreciate Draymond Green for what he contributed without embellishing it into a more roundabout agenda to diminish Curry's leadership impact. I actually respect Green myself and thus hate to see that most of his "support" derives from agenda-driven stans using him as a proxy more so than those who genuinely laid him.

nba_55
01-03-2016, 03:44 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SpecialQue
01-03-2016, 03:45 PM
OP reaching because not a single person gives a shit about Durant anymore. :roll:

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Not even close.

He's a great player and deserved all-star this year (hopefully), but most are even gushing about him right now because he's infusing another wave of production while Curry is hobbled by his recent slew of injuries.

When healthy, Curry was on-pace to post the best full-season PER in NBA history--and could still be if he recuperates. Green may be comparable in intangible contributions leadership-wise, but that's not overly indispensable when you have Curry's legendary on-the-court impact.

Just put the agenda aside and appreciate Draymond Green for what he contributed without embellishing it into a more roundabout agenda to diminish Curry's leadership impact. I actually respect Green myself and thus hate to see that most of his "support" derives from agenda-driven stans using him as a proxy more so than those who genuinely laid him.
Great post, agree on all points.

KiiiiNG
01-03-2016, 03:58 PM
he always was.

Well said. Agree with everything here.

OP, Dryamond has pretty much always been the leader of the team. No ones gonna listen to a guy with a face of an 11 year old girl and the frame of an underdeveloped tennis player. Curry is the biggest puss in the league, and his body is already breaking down.

Draymond is the engine that makes this team go. He's THE guy. Proving that without Curry he puts up some of the best stat-lines in the history of the sport, better than anything Curry could ever be capable of.

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 04:02 PM

OP, Dryamond has pretty much always been the leader of the team. No ones gonna listen to a guy with a face of an 11 year old girl and the frame of an underdeveloped tennis player. Curry is the biggest puss in the league, and his body is already breaking down.

Draymond is the engine that makes this team go. He's THE guy. Proving that without Curry he puts up some of the best stat-lines in the history of the sport, better than anything Curry could ever be capable of.
You realize that Curry has at least 5 games this season alone that are better or equal to the production Draygod put up last night?

Straight_Ballin
01-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Draymond could be replaced on GSW and they still win.

Curry cannot be as easily replaced.

Do not confuse regular season success with finals level success.

Fudge
01-03-2016, 04:06 PM

:applause: :applause: :applause:

K Xerxes
01-03-2016, 04:07 PM

If we're talking strictly regular season, Durant's 2014 and Lebron's 2013 & 2010 (and arguably 09 and 12) are all better than Kobe's 06.

As to the OP, not even close. Curry's season so far is at an ATG level. Draymond's vastly inferior scoring output means he doesn't really compare at all

Doranku
01-03-2016, 04:08 PM

You watched literally zero Lakers games in 2006, why are you talking?

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 04:10 PM
If we're talking strictly regular season, Durant's 2014 and Lebron's 2013 & 2010 (and arguably 09 and 12) are all better than Kobe's 06.

As to the OP, not even close. Curry's season so far is at an ATG level. Draymond's vastly inferior scoring output means he doesn't really compare at all
A really really stupid thing to say. Durant 2014 is the only one somewhere in the ball park.

KiiiiNG
01-03-2016, 04:12 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:
:bowdown:

http://i.imgur.com/ZZ8U8AY.jpg

vs.

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/060615_stepho.jpg

:oldlol:

No grown man respect or admires Dell's son. The kid is a joke.

Fudge
01-03-2016, 04:16 PM
Darkskin nigas always winning.

K Xerxes
01-03-2016, 04:21 PM
A really really stupid thing to say. Durant 2014 is the only one somewhere in the ball park.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Lebron 2010: 30-7-9 on 50%, MVP, 1st team all defense, led team to 61-21

Lebron 2013: 27-7-8 on 56%, MVP, 1st team all defense, led team to 66-16 (+ 27 game win streak)

Kobe 2006: 35-5-5 on 45%, 1st team all defense, led team to 45-37 7th seed

Yeah Kobe had a terrible team but at the same time his stats are inflated. He shot 27 times a game that year! To suggest Kobe's is better is one thing but not even in the same ball park? Your delusions still haven't been dealt with

jimmy77x
01-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Bran stans/curry haters sinking to new lows :lol why can people realize fudge is talking to himself through alts :roll: :roll:

SexSymbol
01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Lebron 2010: 30-7-9 on 50%, MVP, 1st team all defense, led team to 61-21

Lebron 2013: 27-7-8 on 56%, MVP, 1st team all defense, led team to 66-16 (+ 27 game win streak)

Kobe 2006: 35-5-5 on 45%, 1st team all defense, led team to 45-37 7th seed

Yeah Kobe had a terrible team but at the same time his stats are inflated. He shot 27 times a game that year! To suggest Kobe's is better is one thing but not even in the same ball park? Your delusions still haven't been dealt with
So Lebron averages lesser stats with a team handpick built around him.
Being a fan of MJ you'd realize how rare it is for someone to put up 32+ ppg seasons in the NBA. Every ppg above 30 is harder and harder to get
For Kobe to drag that horrid putrid team to 45 wins is amazing.
And having 13 lebron over 12 lebron is just funny, 13 lebron was a horrible defender who cherrypicked shots to maintain his high FG%

FrobeShaw
01-03-2016, 04:56 PM

09 lebron for sure

bdreason
01-03-2016, 06:02 PM
DrayGod always been the emotional leader, and because of his synergy with Curry on the P&R/P, he's also a key part of the offense. He's also our best all-around defender. I have no problem if people want to consider him the team leader. All that said, he's still an easier player to replace than Curry.

zizozain
01-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Draymod always been the emotional leader, and because of his synergy with Curry on the P&R/P, he's also a key part of the offense. He's also our best all-around defender. I have no problem if people want to consider him the team leader. All that said, he's still an easier player to replace than Curry.
:applause:

Not even close.

knicksman
01-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Dray is like mj while curry is like phil. As they say, "confidence is silent" and we all knew who made their team winners

JohnFreeman
01-03-2016, 08:47 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/kevin-garnett-reaction.gif

JohnFreeman
01-03-2016, 08:48 PM

Ca$H
01-03-2016, 08:52 PM
OP reaching because not a single person gives a shit about Durant anymore. :roll:

What will he do if KD signs with the Warriors?

Bankaii
01-03-2016, 09:20 PM
You're retarded gimmick is just boring now.

2009, 2010, 2012 Lebron. Possibly even 2015.
2009 Wade.
2014 Durant.
And 2015 Curry is clearly BETTER than 06 Kobe.

warriorfan
01-03-2016, 09:21 PM

SouBeachTalents
01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Yeah, I know, Duncan is arguably better than Kobe and Kobe is arguably better than Duncan so naturally being a duncan stan you hate Kobe.
But if you look at the facts, at least counting the regular seasons only, Kobe's 06 was as good as anything post 00 and maybe even further back than that.

'00 Shaq & '03 Duncan are definitely better than '06 Kobe, and seasons like '03 McGrady, '09 Wade, '14 Durant, and number of LeBron seasons are either basically as good, if not better

AintNoSunshine
01-04-2016, 12:23 AM
He has been the leader, just that outsiders are starting to see it now. He's their vocal leader, he anchors their entire defense, he runs their offense. He does everything for the team and makes them go. I don't know what else one is supposed to do if that doesn't make you the leader. You don't always have to be the one that scores the most in my opinion.

KiiiiNG
01-04-2016, 12:28 AM
He has been the leader, just that outsiders are starting to see it now. He's their vocal leader, he anchors their entire defense, he runs their offense. He does everything for the team and makes them go. I don't know what else one is supposed to do if that doesn't make you the leader. You don't always have to be the one that scores the most in my opinion.
Ba-boom!

Fudge
01-04-2016, 12:33 AM
:banana:

ayyyyyyyyeeeeeeee.

killed them. PAOW!

Nick Young
01-04-2016, 12:45 AM
A team with two great players who both have different strengths and weaknesses-who would have thought!

Draygod is the defensive leader. Curry is the offensive leader, and the whole team rallies around him.

Curry is Han Solo. Green is Chewbacca.

Terahite
01-04-2016, 01:51 AM
Curry is Han Solo. Green is Chewbacca.

Green is what you're getting from Disney. :facepalm

riseagainst
01-04-2016, 04:45 PM
he might be, but we all know he is more valuable than both Lebron and Durant combined.

raprap
01-04-2016, 08:36 PM
:oldlol:

Dictator
01-04-2016, 08:47 PM

:biggums: Haven't posted in months maybe a year, but this...

Fudge
01-04-2016, 09:11 PM
:biggums: Haven't posted in months maybe a year, but this...
Yeah, Curry bandwagoners/stans are somethin else.

Just leave them alone. :lol

tmacattack33
01-04-2016, 10:11 PM

Already been laughed at multiple times but id like to laugh at it again.

Kobe 2006 is barely in the top 10 or so seasons since its time. Almost Lebron year from 2009-2015 is ahead of it, 2-3 of Wade's (including 2006 itself), 2-3 of Durant's, 2008 CP3, 2009 Kobe, 2011 Dirk, and 2014 Westbrook.

Smoke117
01-04-2016, 10:14 PM

LOL...Wade, Lebron, Durant and CP3 have all had better individual seasons since Kobe in 06. That's not even Kobe's best season either...03 is.

ShawkFactory
01-04-2016, 10:17 PM
LOL...Wade, Lebron, Durant CP3 have all had better individual seasons since Kobe in 06. That's not even Kobe's best season either...03 is.
The memory of some people on here is astonishingly bad.

Curry this year is absolutely in the same category as those guys you mentioned. But that's it.

All of those guys dominated on both sides of the court.

riseagainst
01-05-2016, 01:41 PM
not sure. But he's definitely surpassed lebron and durant already as a player.

Clifton
01-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Curry is the leader of the Warriors. You can see it in Curry's body language (whenever a moment comes along when the team really needs a bucket, you can see him strut just a little bit taller and assert himself). You can also see it in the way the Warriors play. The other players all define themselves around Curry. They complement him. Curry's the stylish one, so Klay is the straight shooter. Curry's the quiet skinny guy shooting 3s off the dribble, so Draymond is the loud defensive disruptor shooting 3s off Curry's passes. Curry's the closest thing we have today to Magic Johnson, so you can see his teammates all excitedly cutting and coming off screens to catch his passes.

Have you seen Draymond play without Curry? He's a totally different player on offense. Doesn't quite know what to do. Still effective, but not the Dray we know and love. Curry's the one who gets him going on that end.

Dray brings a lot of heart and soul to the team, and they'd be missing an important piece without his energy and hype, but that doesn't make him THE leader. He's the 2nd in command.

Human Error
01-05-2016, 08:39 PM
All Durant's seasons after his rookie year have been better than any Kobe season. Same can be said for not only a few players in terms of having superior seasons than Kobe's '06's.

Inferno
01-05-2016, 09:07 PM
Curry is the leader of the Warriors. You can see it in Curry's body language (whenever a moment comes along when the team really needs a bucket, you can see him strut just a little bit taller and assert himself). You can also see it in the way the Warriors play. The other players all define themselves around Curry. They complement him. Curry's the stylish one, so Klay is the straight shooter. Curry's the quiet skinny guy shooting 3s off the dribble, so Draymond is the loud defensive disruptor shooting 3s off Curry's passes. Curry's the closest thing we have today to Magic Johnson, so you can see his teammates all excitedly cutting and coming off screens to catch his passes.

Have you seen Draymond play without Curry? He's a totally different player on offense. Doesn't quite know what to do. Still effective, but not the Dray we know and love. Curry's the one who gets him going on that end.

Dray brings a lot of heart and soul to the team, and they'd be missing an important piece without his energy and hype, but that doesn't make him THE leader. He's the 2nd in command.

Well put :applause:

ekosky
06-06-2016, 12:30 AM
Yes, he sure is, Fudge.

OP is a God. Called it 5 months ago.

AirBonner
06-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Yes, he sure is, Fudge.

OP is a God. Called it 5 months ago.
WHAT A PREDICTION :cheers: Curry has regressed so much since then. It's crazy.