PDA

View Full Version : FEMALE broadcaster "kareem never hit one three his entire career"

kennethgriffin
01-03-2016, 11:29 PM
yes he did... in the 1986-87 season

this is why women don't belong in the nba. they can't even do their own research

remember when lisa leslie said "kobe scored more 40 point games in the nba. but i scored 101 in highschool against girls that were 5 foot 2"

seriously?

https://media.giphy.com/media/12ejUPMtgjoP6g/giphy.gif

JohnFreeman
01-03-2016, 11:30 PM
or you could you know, chill out about the whole thing

IGOTGAME
01-03-2016, 11:32 PM
Must be a sad little guy.

RRR3
01-03-2016, 11:32 PM
There have been far dumber things said, many of them by male announcers.

kennethgriffin
01-03-2016, 11:37 PM
There have been far dumber things said, many of them by male announcers.

women are held to a higher standard due to them being gifted these positions based on some equality token minimum standard

if youre the 1 god damn woman in the entire world chosen to have a mans job. you better be worth it

i mean yeah theres some dumbass men broadcasters.. but theres thousands

this is THE BEST woman they have to offer

TripleA
01-03-2016, 11:38 PM
I've seen stupidier shit said all the time.

RRR3
01-03-2016, 11:42 PM
women are held to a higher standard due to them being gifted these positions based on some equality token minimum standard

if youre the 1 god damn woman in the entire world chosen to have a mans job. you better be worth it

Highly unlikely.

TripleA
01-03-2016, 11:42 PM

Majority of NBA commentators are dreadful hacks gifted their postion because of relationships not because their good. Almost none them are given job because their good at commentating.
If you don't wanted a female commentator because of chemistry reasons that's fine but don't try to make up bullshit.

kennethgriffin
01-03-2016, 11:45 PM
Majority of NBA commentators are dreadful hacks gifted their postion because of relationships not because their good. Almost none them are given job because their good at commentating.
If you don't wanted a female commentator because of chemistry reasons that's fine but don't try to make up bullshit.

exactly... thats a good excuse for men. but what the **** excuse is used for the 1 woman in the world working as a commentator

she never played in the nba, coached in the nba etc...

at best she sucked some owners cack

RRR3
01-03-2016, 11:54 PM
exactly... thats a good excuse for men. but what the **** excuse is used for the 1 woman in the world working as a commentator

she never played in the nba, coached in the nba etc...

at best she sucked some owners cack
Marv Albert never played in the NBA.

bluechox2
01-03-2016, 11:59 PM
any of you girls know what movie kareem rolled in as a pilot?

TaLvsCuaL
01-04-2016, 12:00 AM
More knowledge and judgment than 90% ISH :applause:

RRR3
01-04-2016, 12:08 AM
airplane?

Nick Young
01-04-2016, 12:13 AM
Ug. Was she on ESPN? Do women who aren't shit at sports commentary exist? Please hire them instead of the braindeads that are constantly on sports shows.

Nick Young
01-04-2016, 12:13 AM
I've seen stupidier shit said all the time.
dat whiteknighting doe:facepalm

inclinerator
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
u probably looked that up before posting this lol

Segatti
01-04-2016, 12:45 AM
Op mad because he knows he is incapable of scoring 101 against highschool girls.

JEFFERSON MONEY
01-04-2016, 01:08 AM
More knowledge and judgment than 90% ISH :applause:

:applause:

oarabbus
01-04-2016, 01:49 AM
Ug. Was she on ESPN? Do women who aren't shit at sports commentary exist? Please hire them instead of the braindeads that are constantly on sports shows.

They screen female commentators for attractiveness first and sports knowledge second. You really think a 2/10 who was a sports genius would be allowed as a sports commentator on TV?

Funktion
01-04-2016, 02:25 AM

Have you ever seen a grown man naked? :roll: :lebroncry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2A194yTWoQ

Naero
01-04-2016, 02:39 AM
They screen female commentators for attractiveness first and sports knowledge second. You really think a 2/10 who was a sports genius would be allowed as a sports commentator on TV?

This.

It's all about generating viewership; that oftentimes entails more glamour and attractiveness than veracity and historians. Plus, since women stereotypically have had better social skills for guys, it's not a stretch to argue that they are more interesting interviewers on-average to watch.

What they need to do, however, is just give women a limitedly defined role to interviewing and stimulating discussions rather than discussing their own perspectives. Not to paint with a broad paintbrush, but too many women are ahistoric and uninformed for viewers to be interested to hear their perspectives—why they have rarely hired women as color commentators to remedy the supposed inequity.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 03:04 AM
heres another dumb **** of a female broadcaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0bh6wSg_ks

at 10:20 she says "remember when jordan crossed up craig ehlo to beat utah!"

https://media.giphy.com/media/Qqq8b2K5qsg8M/giphy.gif

!@#$%Vectors!@#
01-04-2016, 03:26 AM
http://orig02.deviantart.net/5355/f/2011/201/7/d/kill_yourself_glee_by_aldhuugm-d414khf.gif

outbreak
01-04-2016, 03:28 AM
Why single out females? 90% of announcers say wrong info all the time

dhsilv
01-04-2016, 03:31 AM

Talking is a man's job? Shit man, women can talk circles around us and do. Given most announcers don't know shit about basketball and even one's that PLAYED are often providing wonderful insights like "wow he's on a hot streak, keep shooting" and seriously that's the best BASKETBALL strategy comment you'll get in most games.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 04:00 AM
Talking is a man's job? Shit man, women can talk circles around us and do. Given most announcers don't know shit about basketball and even one's that PLAYED are often providing wonderful insights like "wow he's on a hot streak, keep shooting" and seriously that's the best BASKETBALL strategy comment you'll get in most games.

being able to make noises with your face isnt talking

speech involves atleast a small amount of intelligence

retaxis
01-04-2016, 04:06 AM

I bet you wished you had an ounce of intelligence but obviously you don't which is why you are an internet troll living in mums basement collecting welfare while this woman is actually making a living and doing what many people in her field wish they could achieve. You just sit tight and keep making excuses for your failures there champ because we all know thats gonna get you places in life:cheers:

!@#$%Vectors!@#
01-04-2016, 04:15 AM

Why Don't you go do something productive with your life?
You can probably start working a job in order to replace you balding head you racist, sexist no life.
I doubt you have the courage or even the intestinal strength to say the things you spout here in public. I wonder what your girlfriend thinks of her boyfriend? Honestly I bet your parents regret ever giving birth to someone like you.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 04:22 AM
Why Don't you go do something productive with your life?
You can probably start working a job in order to replace you balding head you racist, sexist no life.
I doubt you have the courage or even the intestinal strength to say the things you spout here in public. I wonder what your girlfriend thinks of her boyfriend? Honestly I bet your parents regret ever giving birth to someone like you.

you seem overly angry at the fact that i'm retired

i wonder why

is it because you are not

!@#$%Vectors!@#
01-04-2016, 04:26 AM
you seem overly angry at the fact that i'm retired

i wonder why

is it because you are not

I don't work. I'm in college but I know that I contribute more to the advancement of mankind than you. Your backwards Ideologies needs to be treated. I hope you are castrated without medicine and that your wounds are cauterized to make sure you don't leave children behind who might catch your cancerous ideologies.

FKAri
01-04-2016, 04:32 AM

This post doesn't make any ****ing sense. You're suggesting that we shouldn't have ANY mediocre women announcers because there's thousands of even worse men already occupying the position? wtf are you even saying?

!@#$%Vectors!@#
01-04-2016, 04:34 AM
This post doesn't make any ****ing sense. You're suggesting that we shouldn't have ANY mediocre women announcers because there's thousands of even worse men already occupying the position? wtf are you even saying?

Exactly. The Double Standard makes me laugh. Especially when it's coming from a goblin like Kenneth.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 04:35 AM
I don't work. I'm in college but I know that I contribute more to the advancement of mankind than you. Your backwards Ideologies needs to be treated. I hope you are castrated without medicine and that your wounds are cauterized to make sure you don't leave children behind who might catch your cancerous ideologies.

i don't care what you do :lol

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 04:38 AM

think of it this way

if a woman made the NBA

would she not have to be the best woman to ever play basketball?

if a woman coached an NBA team

would she not have to be the best woman to ever coach basketball?

well why on earth would the 1 or 2 women to ever finally gain the right to talk about basketball on national television not be held to the standard of having to be at the very least above average

i dont even mind if shes the most intelligent female basketball mind... i'd expect her to atleast be above the average ISH posters brain power

and the fact is any of us would do a better job

FKAri
01-04-2016, 04:42 AM
think of it this way

if a woman made the NBA

would she not have to be the best woman to ever play basketball?

if a woman coached an NBA team

would she not have to be the best woman to ever coach basketball?

well why on earth would the 1 or 2 women to ever finally gain the right to talk about basketball on national television not be held to the standard of having to be at the very least above average

i dont even mind if shes the most intelligent female basketball mind... i'd expect her to atleast be above the average ISH posters brain power

and the fact is any of us would do a better job

Ok I see where you're coming from.

PsychoBe
01-04-2016, 04:44 AM
affirmative action. everyone benefits from it. even midgets believe it or not.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 04:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0bh6wSg_ks

LiqCharles 4 months ago
doris burke's voice ruined this video and now i must flag this video

yeaaaman
01-04-2016, 05:02 AM
Why single out females? 90% of announcers say wrong info all the time

That's the whole thing I don't get. If you're mad at women be mad at men too. They do the exact same thing ALL the time. And by be mad at men I don't mean "he sucks" I mean say something as asinine as "this is why men don't belong in the nba"

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 05:22 AM
That's the whole thing I don't get. If you're mad at women be mad at men too. They do the exact same thing ALL the time. And by be mad at men I don't mean "he sucks" I mean say something as asinine as "this is why men don't belong in the nba"

because ...... when men are dumb. theyre usually

a) there to be funny

or

b) there because they used to play/coach etc...

that and its a mens professional basketball league and women have no business in the game so why the hell are they being paid to give insight on it

when women sound retarded. its not because theyre just some ex ball player or theyre just there for you to laugh at like charles or jeff vangundy

its just the fact that they werent the right person for the job

since women can't be funny and women cant be ex players

theyre hired because theyre supposed to know allot about the game

not because theyre some ex player fat head blow hard comedian like tom heinsohn

period.. simple as that. if i have to listen to an annoying voice. it better be intelligent, funny, or just something i have to put up with cause they meant allot to the NBA in some sort of way before they got that job

gcvbcat
01-04-2016, 06:42 AM
women should be sex slaves & walk around naked all day.

pleaae join fetlife.com

thank you.

dhsilv
01-04-2016, 06:54 AM

Mark Jackson is an announcer...intelligence is NOT required at all!

dhsilv
01-04-2016, 06:55 AM

In what world do people in college not have a job too? Man...spoiled ones around here!

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 07:18 AM
Mark Jackson is an announcer...intelligence is NOT required at all!

well whenever a female commentator first becomes an NBA allstar and racks up the 4th most assists ever ... then i'l let their lack of intelligence slide a bit out of respect for long and productive career at the highest level of supreme competition

dhsilv
01-04-2016, 07:19 AM
well whenever a female commentator first becomes an NBA allstar and racks up the 4th most assists ever ... then i'l let their lack of intelligence slide a bit out of respect for long and productive career at the highest level of supreme competition

People like you who are ok with trash commentary from ex nba players are seriously where the problem is.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 07:25 AM
People like you who are ok with trash commentary from ex nba players are seriously where the problem is.

in the nba we take care of our own

not everyone has something to fall back on after its all said and done

think of it this way... theres a reason why the dumb ex players get the jobs as commentators while the smart ones move onto bigger and more impressive ventures of investment

guys like

- mark jackson

- gary payton

- isiah thomas

- shaquille o'neal

- charles barkley

theyre ****ing morons that have trouble lacing up their own shoes in the morning. they lack business sense. they lack social skills and proper etiquette in the real world.

none of these guys can do anything except get paid to watch and talk about sports

so the nba family takes care of them by hooking up the lesser intelligent players with these positions after their careers are over

think of it as charity

why do you think guys like kobe say theyel never do that shit? because they have self respect and more aspiring goals

what the mother f*cking shit did some female ever do for the nba to deserve charitable donations of favourable positions such as color commentary?

sweet **** all

they gotta earn that shit. get to studying b*TCH

Clifton
01-04-2016, 09:29 AM
I agree. Let's just say it: I don't want female commentators because of chemistry reasons.

They're not bad, it just feels very corporate. It used to be to the advantage of big corps to not hire women because people didn't want them to and because they would get pregnant and miss a lot of work. Now, it's to the advantage of big corps to hire women because it makes them look good to the PC crowd. I don't care about either motivation. Hire the best person for the job -- and that includes chemistry and overall presentation.

That said, including women in traditional male roles like ref, commentator, and even coach seems to be going over fairly well. A female assistant (can't remember her name) seems to be doing very well in San Antonio, had some success head coaching in summer league.

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 09:35 AM
women in general have

a) no charisma

b) no insight

c) no humor

d) no reference

e) no chemistry

f) no concept of male competition

g) no intelligence that is of any value to viewers at home

h) no soothing or calming voice/tone needed for talking hours on end without someone getting annoyed

the fact is nobody likes hearing women talk... the only thing they bring to the table on a marketing aspect in terms of entertainment is selling their body

AND WE CANT EVEN SEE THEM!

so no... there is no need for women in this field.. period. case closed

Clifton
01-04-2016, 10:03 AM
the fact is nobody likes hearing women talk... the only thing they bring to the table on a marketing aspect in terms of entertainment is selling their body
I like hearing women talk.

But it jars with human nature a little bit to hear them talk about sports.

Having them work as sideline interviewers / commentators works pretty well though. Especially women like Cheryl Miller who have proven themselves on the court. (She's a legendary female baller, before the WNBA, if you didn't know.)

Am I sexist? It's true that sideline reporting is a "secondary" position, like being a secretary to the guy who actually makes the decisions and has the power. But it just makes sense to me... and I'm not willing to betray my instincts just to sound PC. If someone can explain to me why I'm wrong, I'll listen.

Hey Yo
01-04-2016, 10:53 AM
I like hearing women talk.

But it jars with human nature a little bit to hear them talk about sports.

Having them work as sideline interviewers / commentators works pretty well though. Especially women like Cheryl Miller who have proven themselves on the court. (She's a legendary female baller, before the WNBA, if you didn't know.)

Am I sexist? It's true that sideline reporting is a "secondary" position, like being a secretary to the guy who actually makes the decisions and has the power. But it just makes sense to me... and I'm not willing to betray my instincts just to sound PC. If someone can explain to me why I'm wrong, I'll listen.
I do too, just not while I'm watching a sporting event.

If I want to hear a woman talk while I'm watching a game, I'd just have my girl ask me questions throughout the whole damn thing. Both is/would be annoying as hell.

Sideline reporting really doesn't bother me, unless it's like every 10mins. But hearing a woman do the color commentating...jam ice picks in my ears.