PDA

View Full Version : Sixers F/C. will any of them be made available via trade?

Dr Seuss
01-04-2016, 01:20 PM
Okafor, Noel, Embiid, and Saric are the "future" FC of the sixers, but they all dont pair perectly together. most notably, Noel and Okafor. the sixers brought Ish Smith in, and by doing so, Noel has looked infinitely better, while okafor has taken a backseat to them.

Is this their long time plan - Okafor on the bench with Noel at the 5. because it's hard to imagine a talent like his degraded to a bench player. or do they start the two of them together, with noel playing out of position at the 4. do they bench noel? do them move one of them? Embiid doesnt seem to have much value around the league, currently. no one knows what to think of saric

HurricaneKid
01-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Okafor, Noel, Embiid, and Saric are the "future" FC of the sixers, but they all dont pair perectly together. most notably, Noel and Okafor. the sixers brought Ish Smith in, and by doing so, Noel has looked infinitely better, while okafor has taken a backseat to them.

Is this their long time plan - Okafor on the bench with Noel at the 5. because it's hard to imagine a talent like his degraded to a bench player. or do they start the two of them together, with noel playing out of position at the 4. do they bench noel? do them move one of them? Embiid doesnt seem to have much value around the league, currently. no one knows what to think of saric

All players on the 76ers are always available. Hinkie is using the roster much as a day trader uses his investments. Okafor was picked because he was the most valuable asset not because he was the best fit for the team. When the team is ready to compete the FO will start looking into FAs and look to transfer assets to a more appropriate asset (read: TRADE). We don't know if ANY of these guys are going to be any good yet.

Okafor is going to see his stat lines plummet now that the 76ers have been told they have to compete. He could score from the post but he can't defend and is not as of yet a productive NBA player.

I think Embiid still has a significantly better ceiling than Okafor. I just don't know if his body will ever allow him to play at the level he would have otherwised reached.

Saric is a stretch 4 with some ability to create and is a solid rebounder. Ideal fit for the stretch 4, can play a little 3 but lacks athleticism to compete with NBA wings.

DMAVS41
01-04-2016, 02:37 PM
All players on the 76ers are always available. Hinkie is using the roster much as a day trader uses his investments. Okafor was picked because he was the most valuable asset not because he was the best fit for the team. When the team is ready to compete the FO will start looking into FAs and look to transfer assets to a more appropriate asset (read: TRADE). We don't know if ANY of these guys are going to be any good yet.

Okafor is going to see his stat lines plummet now that the 76ers have been told they have to compete. He could score from the post but he can't defend and is not as of yet a productive NBA player.

I think Embiid still has a significantly better ceiling than Okafor. I just don't know if his body will ever allow him to play at the level he would have otherwised reached.

Saric is a stretch 4 with some ability to create and is a solid rebounder. Ideal fit for the stretch 4, can play a little 3 but lacks athleticism to compete with NBA wings.

Yep. So now Hinkie's plan, imo, of pumping and dumping Okafor this season won't be allowed to work. And it was a great plan I think.

GOBB
01-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Is Saric really a stretch 4 or is that the hopes? Because I thought his shooting was something that needed to be improved especially his range. I often compare him to a more athletic version of Boris Diaw. Never looked at him as a stretch 4. Maybe he is improving his shot overseas. I have no idea what he is doing. Hard to find stuff about him over there besides hes been unhappy with his playing time.

As far as who will be traded? Anyones guess. I've heard good arguments for them all. But all are available. I highly doubt anyone is off limits.

oarabbus
01-04-2016, 06:04 PM

Must have missed this, what happened?

Levity
01-04-2016, 06:10 PM
would love for the lakers to make an offer for noel. ideally, surrounding clarkson + filler. im sure the sixers would ask for a whole lot more, though

GOBB
01-04-2016, 06:22 PM
would love for the lakers to make an offer for noel. ideally, surrounding clarkson + filler. im sure the sixers would ask for a whole lot more, though

Yeah you're gonna have to add more than just filler with Clarkson bud. :no:

SwishSquared
01-04-2016, 10:02 PM
Is Saric really a stretch 4 or is that the hopes? Because I thought his shooting was something that needed to be improved especially his range. I often compare him to a more athletic version of Boris Diaw. Never looked at him as a stretch 4. Maybe he is improving his shot overseas. I have no idea what he is doing. Hard to find stuff about him over there besides hes been unhappy with his playing time.

As far as who will be traded? Anyones guess. I've heard good arguments for them all. But all are available. I highly doubt anyone is off limits.In his season in Turkey, I think he's shooting 46% from midrange and 40% (or more) from 3. I'm not sure how many mins he's playing with his team's best players or how much burn he gets vs. the other teams' starters.

I have to see how he shoots from the NBA line though. If he knocks down NBA threes at an above average rate, he'll be a really effective offensive player imo. That'll determine how playable he is.

Also, Okafor has come off the bench the same way that Noel did once he returned from injury. Maybe he gets re-promoted to the starting lineup soon- the other day I expected he'd start within a week.

I read somewhere that Brett Brown said Okafor's defensive effort will dictate his mins/role going forward. Maybe they can still pump/dump him. It was in a blowout, but he put up a lot of points efficiently vs. the Clippers off the bench.

chocolatethunder
01-04-2016, 10:45 PM

As far as who will be traded? Anyones guess. I've heard good arguments for them all. But all are available. I highly doubt anyone is off limits.
I don't think he's a stretch four in the league. I think he's just gonna be a guy who does a lot of things pretty well. He's not a great shooter but he can shoot ok. He's not a point forward but he can pass pretty well. He's gonna get hurt defensively. He's not athletic and he's not fast. He is a smart and good basketball player and will be a good guy off the bench. I think of him as kind of a tall Iggy. He's not a dude you want to be the man on a team but he can be a decent piece.

I don't believe in the pump and dump theory about Okafor becuase the moe he plays the worse he looks he can't rebound or defend and he doesn't have a great value. So I don't think Hinkie had a plan to pump and dump him becuase he's worth less now than he was on draft night. Not to mention the off the court stuff and now his dad heckling Brett brown and talking bad about Hinkie too. I think he was just the wrong pick, I don't think there was a grand scheme to draft him and then make him appear to be more valuable than he actually is.

MMM
01-04-2016, 10:57 PM
I really like Noel
If ISH Smith can pump up Noel just imagine what a good player could do for him

qrich
01-04-2016, 10:58 PM

Whole lot is an understatement.

Lakers would probably need to make the pick top 1 protected or something.

midatlantic09
01-04-2016, 11:01 PM

I highly doubt Hinkie is still calling the shots in Philly....I think Colangelo is.

LilEddyCurry
01-04-2016, 11:22 PM
Hey Sixers fans, would you guys take LaVine + Shabazz Muhammad for Noel?

tanks1
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
In his season in Turkey, I think he's shooting 46% from midrange and 40% (or more) from 3. I'm not sure how many mins he's playing with his team's best players or how much burn he gets vs. the other teams' starters.

I have to see how he shoots from the NBA line though. If he knocks down NBA threes at an above average rate, he'll be a really effective offensive player imo. That'll determine how playable he is.

Also, Okafor has come off the bench the same way that Noel did once he returned from injury. Maybe he gets re-promoted to the starting lineup soon- the other day I expected he'd start within a week.

I read somewhere that Brett Brown said Okafor's defensive effort will dictate his mins/role going forward. Maybe they can still pump/dump him. It was in a blowout, but he put up a lot of points efficiently vs. the Clippers off the bench.

Oak was too big for Towns......again....they started double teaming him..

SwishSquared
01-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Oak was too big for Towns......again....they started double teaming him..He can score when given enough touches. KAT has struggled to guard him in their two matchups.

I'm not sure why you're telling me this though. KAT is the better player both now and likely in the future. Okafor is still somebody that will need a couple years to get up to speed on defense. If he consistently can knock down Js and learn to be a better roll man, he'll have an immense offensive arsenal.

Okafor started tonight, as I suspected would happen shortly after he came off the bench. His mins are also down compared to earlier this year.

PP34Deuce
01-05-2016, 01:21 PM
Noel doesn't have the offensive skill to be a 4 but he's great in that prime Samuel Dalembert Center role. block shots, rebounds, plays great defense and also can give you 10-12 points.

I don't know much about Saric.

Embiid has too many question marks, obviously if he can be even 75 percent healthy, he's a defensive C anchor with touch on his shot.

Okafor is Al Jefferson at 7 feet. Defensively bad because he doesn't care about defense. He just wants to shoot and score the ball.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Randle/Clarkson for Noel/Saric

Thorpesaurous
01-05-2016, 01:59 PM
As a Celtic fan I'd be willing to pack up some combination of The Mav's pick, The Minnesota pick, and really any of the young pieces. Obviously how much of that combination would depend on which guy I'd be getting back. I'd still figure Okafor would cost the most, but I'd rather try to lowball the other two guys. Noel has a niche. He'd fit good next to an undersized power player like Sullinger, or a stretchier big like Olynek. He's never gonna be a star, but he's got a role in the league for sure.

If the price was right rolling the dice on Embiid is a smart move. But it'd have to be pretty low. The Minnie pick and Rozier.

Levity
01-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Randle/Clarkson for Noel/Saric

i considered giving up randle in a pacakge with clarkson too. not sure if theyd add saric to the trade, but if they did randle + clarkson and maybe hibberts expiring(?) for Noel+ pick becomes top 10 protected + Covington or grant?, i wonder if its something LA considers (or philly)

SwishSquared
01-05-2016, 03:02 PM
i considered giving up randle in a pacakge with clarkson too. not sure if theyd add saric to the trade, but if they did randle + clarkson and maybe hibberts expiring(?) for Noel+ pick becomes top 10 protected + Covington or grant?, i wonder if its something LA considers (or philly)Philly would definitely not take Clarkson/Randle for Noel/Saric. They wouldn't do Clarkson for Noel either. I think they'd turn down Clarkson/Randle for Noel too.

Saric is shooting from outside a lot better than Randle right now. Granted, it's not from the NBA line or against NBA caliber competition, but I think it factors into Philly's planning. Saric is not going to be good defensively, but he's a ball mover and a smarter player than Randle. He's also only like 6 months older than him too.

Clarkson for Saric would be the likeliest trade of those 4 players mentioned, but Clarkson is due for a pay day whereas Saric has pledged to play next year (and he'll be bound by the rookie pay scale for 4 seasons). LAL would turn down this trade though.

I don't think Philly would include either Grant or Covington (slump notwithstanding) into any of the quoted trade scenarios. They'd do Grant for Clarkson, but LAL wouldn't do that. Covington for Clarkson is interesting though. They wouldn't do Randle for Covington straight up either imo.

A trade could be built around LAL stripping its pick protection in a trade. No way LAL does some trade with Philly and gets additional protections on the pick.

Clarkson + removing protections for Noel could work, but I still see Philly turning it down ultimately. Clarkson + protection removal for Okafor is something I see Philly doing.

GOBB
01-05-2016, 09:43 PM
Towns > Oak, even tho Oak punked him in two meetings. Offensively I'm giving it to Oak, but defensively it's Towns. And I doubt Towns will ever be a liability in that department as Oak will. Not sure if Towns will be the better scorer, but at least he has more potential to be as good if not better vs Oak being as good if not better defensively.

In his season in Turkey, I think he's shooting 46% from midrange and 40% (or more) from 3. I'm not sure how many mins he's playing with his team's best players or how much burn he gets vs. the other teams' starters.

That's pretty good. Where are you getting your info on Saric? I try google and all I get is the usual crap like his draft profile or him talkin about coming over. I made a thread here where a couple guys posted links and such where I could follow him but I cant find that crap in the search feature for some odd reason.

As far as Oak and his defensive effort, shit I'm hoping the guy puts more effort in setting a damn screen. Too damn big/strong to be half assing it there.

I don't think he's a stretch four in the league. I think he's just gonna be a guy who does a lot of things pretty well. He's not a great shooter but he can shoot ok. He's not a point forward but he can pass pretty well. He's gonna get hurt defensively. He's not athletic and he's not fast. He is a smart and good basketball player and will be a good guy off the bench. I think of him as kind of a tall Iggy. He's not a dude you want to be the man on a team but he can be a decent piece.

I don't believe in the pump and dump theory about Okafor becuase the moe he plays the worse he looks he can't rebound or defend and he doesn't have a great value. So I don't think Hinkie had a plan to pump and dump him becuase he's worth less now than he was on draft night. Not to mention the off the court stuff and now his dad heckling Brett brown and talking bad about Hinkie too. I think he was just the wrong pick, I don't think there was a grand scheme to draft him and then make him appear to be more valuable than he actually is.

Agreed with Saric role here. My expectations isn't high at all. If he's not involved in a trade (who knows with hinkie) if he can be a solid rotational forward off the bench? I'll be happy.

Do you buy into that dad heckling Brown talkin bad about Hinkie? I don't. But he hasn't come out and denied it but he made a comment about it. It seems from what I gathered following it on twitter. Michael Weber was given a promo shirt by Spike Eskin (who? wip guy?) to push his podcast. Unsure if Weber is actually a Sixers fan. Grew up in NY, lives in LA. Where the Sixers connection comes from? I don't know. But Spike Eskin seems to just troll the Hinkie Trust the process thing. When Weber brags about the photo and claiming what his dad said he goes "promo success!" or whatever. Spike Eskin goes on to say he is gonna start an angry dad podcast. Jah dad replies "I'm not a blogger and will say stupid shit like spike eskin and his dad". May be off on the quote.

Bottomline I dont buy into his dad dissing hinkie or slamming Hinkie about covering his face for a photo. I've seen Jah dad take plenty of photos with Sixers fans, and havent heard any negative stuff about his dad at games. If anything they say hes always hype and fun to be around. I'm leary on automatically believing this story as it seems like more troll crap trying to start stuff which is seems to be doing amongst fans not so much media.

SwishSquared
01-06-2016, 02:35 AM
That's pretty good. Where are you getting your info on Saric? I try google and all I get is the usual crap like his draft profile or him talkin about coming over. I made a thread here where a couple guys posted links and such where I could follow him but I cant find that crap in the search feature for some odd reason.

As far as Oak and his defensive effort, shit I'm hoping the guy puts more effort in setting a damn screen. Too damn big/strong to be half assing it there. I got the info on his midrange shooting % from David Pick, who's considered to be knowledgeable about the overseas leagues. He tweeted it out after Saric hit a game winning long two last week or something.

I've seen that 40% from downtown a few times- maybe from Pick or Bodner, whom I'm sure you know is excellent (not just for Philly stuff, he's really sharp for all things bball in case non-Philly fans have never heard of him).

Re: Okafor- sometimes after he sets an initial screen for somebody, even Ish, he just sort of stands there instead of rolling hard or setting another screen. Idk if it's due to low energy from sub-optimal conditioning, but it just looks weird haha. Agreed that he needs to learn how to better use his frame to set better screens.

I wouldn't be shocked if Okafor's dad did indeed yell @ Brett Brown during the LAC game though. Somebody else chimed in (on social media, so take it with a grain of salt) that he frequently yells for Okafor to be forcefed. I did see early this season that his dad tweeted that the team needed a guard and even publicly asked Quinn Cook for his agent's #.

Not sure if I believe that Chucky asked the guy to cover Hinkie's face in the T-shirt. He did hold his hand over the image, but maybe he's trolling everybody about the reason.

Okafor deflected the stuff by telling reporters that they should have something better to do than write about his dad, and that his dad's not a a member of the team so it's a non-story, essentially.

I expect Saric to be a 3rd big man that will bring smart offensive play and as somebody who can spark a team with pushing the ball in transition. If he's a long term starter, I'd be surprised. I actually think he'll start next season on the 76ers, but he's always a trade candidate imo.

dhsilv
01-06-2016, 02:53 AM

hinkie is NOT an expert at grading players pre draft. He's not bad and he's better than we are, but that's not where he's talents are at their best.

I'm sure a huge factor in picking him was a his potetential trade value in the short term. The "pump and dump" method doesn't look out of line either based on early play before stupidity kicked in (not something one expects from a duke guy).

chocolatethunder
01-06-2016, 09:09 AM
hinkie is NOT an expert at grading players pre draft. He's not bad and he's better than we are, but that's not where he's talents are at their best.

I'm sure a huge factor in picking him was a his potetential trade value in the short term. The "pump and dump" method doesn't look out of line either based on early play before stupidity kicked in (not something one expects from a duke guy).
Here's why it looks out of line to me and I would imagine to any GM with a brain. When Okafors stats were good, he was a minus both on offense and defense. The offense was way worse with him on the floor and so was the defense. The team played better when he was off the floor. I can't imagine that in the days of analytics that some GM is going to think "man this kid scores a lot" and somehow ignores the rest of the numbers. Not to mention that he shoots under 50% and he's not shooting a bunch of jumpers.

Another thing about the pump and dump. It doesn't fit with Hinkie in any way becuase it's also very risky. Too many variables. Why would he draft someone and then take the risk of them getting hurt or not fitting in or having off the court issues but yet somehow bank on the fact that they could make this player look better than they actually were? It makes no sense at all. He had the most value on draft night. He had the most value because his game was still an unknown in the NBA and the prevailing opinion of him was he was the most NBA ready big. So if you were going to trade him you pick him and flip him to a team below you who wants him. His trade value is very low now because of many things not just one thing. And these things are things that are too risky for a guy like Hinkie to bank on. So no, for a guy who likes to make informed decisions, that doesn't make sense to me at all. What's happened since they've drafted him? The team is the worst when he's on the floor both offensively and defensively, he gets pulled over for driving recklessly, he gets in more than one fight (one of which is recorded), gets a gun pulled on him while he's wasted and has his dad heckling the coach and GM. Now they have to bring in Colangelo for damage control and then they sign Elton Brand to try and mentor the kid. Tell me what part of that scenario seems like anything they wanted to happen or were planning on for a pump and dump? None. Why? Because there are way too many risks and variables to make that a useful thing to do. You realize that part of the reason Colangelo was brought in was becuase they were pissed that Hinkie left Brown hung out to dry when answering questions about Okafor and his stupid Boston incident. They could have drafted him and traded him on draft night and gotten more out of him. That pump and dump bs is not something Hinkie would try in my opinion.

chocolatethunder
01-06-2016, 09:17 AM
I got the info on his midrange shooting % from David Pick, who's considered to be knowledgeable about the overseas leagues. He tweeted it out after Saric hit a game winning long two last week or something.

I've seen that 40% from downtown a few times- maybe from Pick or Bodner, whom I'm sure you know is excellent (not just for Philly stuff, he's really sharp for all things bball in case non-Philly fans have never heard of him).

Re: Okafor- sometimes after he sets an initial screen for somebody, even Ish, he just sort of stands there instead of rolling hard or setting another screen. Idk if it's due to low energy from sub-optimal conditioning, but it just looks weird haha. Agreed that he needs to learn how to better use his frame to set better screens.

I wouldn't be shocked if Okafor's dad did indeed yell @ Brett Brown during the LAC game though. Somebody else chimed in (on social media, so take it with a grain of salt) that he frequently yells for Okafor to be forcefed. I did see early this season that his dad tweeted that the team needed a guard and even publicly asked Quinn Cook for his agent's #.

Not sure if I believe that Chucky asked the guy to cover Hinkie's face in the T-shirt. He did hold his hand over the image, but maybe he's trolling everybody about the reason.

Okafor deflected the stuff by telling reporters that they should have something better to do than write about his dad, and that his dad's not a a member of the team so it's a non-story, essentially.

I expect Saric to be a 3rd big man that will bring smart offensive play and as somebody who can spark a team with pushing the ball in transition. If he's a long term starter, I'd be surprised. I actually think he'll start next season on the 76ers, but he's always a trade candidate imo.

I'm with all of what you said but I just wanted to say something about Saric's shooting numbers and play in Europe. I think Saric is smart and will be a solid bench player who does a bunch of things a little better than average. He'll score a little becuase he's smart and get good boards and make some nice passes for a big. He's not really a stretch four in my opinion but maybe he can end up being a decent shooter. It's tough to say if he will be able to get his shot off in the NBA. He's already just an ok shooter and so I worry how he will do once he's faced with the speed of an NBA defense. I had this same convo about Hezonja with my friend before this draft. I told him that I didn't really care about Hezonja's leaping ability and shooting because I didn't think that he'd ever be able to get to the rack or shoot becuase his handle sucked for the NBA. Right now I'm right but that doesn't mean that he won't improve but as far as right now goes, Hezonja is trash. Saric's game is more well rounded that's for sure but I always have concerns about less athletic players trying to carve out a place in the NBA, especially a guy like Saric who isn't really athletic at all but will have to be going up against fast stretch fours every night. Defensively he's going to be a problem. That being said, I still think he could be a really solid bench player who is a contributor. I will admit that on draft night that I wanted Lavine instead of Saric and I still want Lavine. He's a moron and he's skinny and can't defend but he's athletic and long and is improving.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Philly would definitely not take Clarkson/Randle for Noel/Saric. They wouldn't do Clarkson for Noel either. I think they'd turn down Clarkson/Randle for Noel too.

Saric is shooting from outside a lot better than Randle right now. Granted, it's not from the NBA line or against NBA caliber competition, but I think it factors into Philly's planning. Saric is not going to be good defensively, but he's a ball mover and a smarter player than Randle. He's also only like 6 months older than him too.

Clarkson for Saric would be the likeliest trade of those 4 players mentioned, but Clarkson is due for a pay day whereas Saric has pledged to play next year (and he'll be bound by the rookie pay scale for 4 seasons). LAL would turn down this trade though.

I don't think Philly would include either Grant or Covington (slump notwithstanding) into any of the quoted trade scenarios. They'd do Grant for Clarkson, but LAL wouldn't do that. Covington for Clarkson is interesting though. They wouldn't do Randle for Covington straight up either imo.

A trade could be built around LAL stripping its pick protection in a trade. No way LAL does some trade with Philly and gets additional protections on the pick.

Clarkson + removing protections for Noel could work, but I still see Philly turning it down ultimately. Clarkson + protection removal for Okafor is something I see Philly doing.

Lol at clarkson for a guy who hasnt played single min in the nba.

Noel is ok but that not that good for clarkson + simmons or clarkson +ingram or clarkson + bender

Keep him

Charlie Sheen
01-06-2016, 12:25 PM

That's the thing. Not singling you out here, but every and I mean EVERY trade proposal from a laker fan starts with Clarkson. Duno if you've ever bought silver, but it's kinda like that. We're looking for someone around the league to pay over spot for Clarkson. He's just a regular old silver coin, not a mint-graded prospect. Which isn't to say he's bad, but the Lakers can't be expecting to gain a huge profit off him in a competitive trading market.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-06-2016, 01:23 PM
That's the thing. Not singling you out here, but every and I mean EVERY trade proposal from a laker fan starts with Clarkson. Duno if you've ever bought silver, but it's kinda like that. We're looking for someone around the league to pay over spot for Clarkson. He's just a regular old silver coin, not a mint-graded prospect. Which isn't to say he's bad, but the Lakers can't be expecting to gain a huge profit off him in a competitive trading market.

He is silver cause he was picked 46th? U clearly havent seen him play this yr

The only reason la wants to trade clarkson is cause of the fit with Russell. Nothing wrong with clarkson who is a gym rat

Charlie Sheen
01-06-2016, 02:23 PM

The only reason la wants to trade clarkson is cause of the fit with Russell. Nothing wrong with clarkson who is a gym rat

He's silver bc that's all I can afford to buy/sell/collect. :lol

That wasn't the point. Clarkson can be gold and same thing... it's just a poor analogy, I'll quit now and bow out

HurricaneKid
01-06-2016, 02:37 PM

Noel is ok but that not that good for clarkson + simmons or clarkson +ingram or clarkson + bender

Keep him

LOL @ an UFA with enormous defensive deficiencies for top 10 pick with 4 years of rookie deal ahead.

Lakers can't trade their pick this year as it belongs to Philly already (assuming not top 3).

HurricaneKid
01-06-2016, 02:44 PM

He is silver because he is an UNRESTRICTED free agent this offseason. Furthermore, the Lakers don't even have Bird rights as they only signed him to a 2 year deal.

No Bird Rights means the team can either give him the league avg salary (~4.7M) or a 175% pay increase (less than 4.7M) otherwise, they would have to use their salary cap money to resign him.

Meaning whoever trades for Clarkson has ZERO advantages to sign him after this season over the rest of the league. That Laker fans belive there is ANY significant value there belies their historic fortune of trades.

As far as nothing being wrong with Clarkson, he is among the worst defenders in the NBA. The only PG with DRAPM each of the last two years is LaVine and he is 4 years younger.

d.bball.guy
01-06-2016, 02:51 PM
If Stern was still the commish, Clarkson would be in a Sixers uni and Noel in LA already.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
01-06-2016, 06:32 PM
He is silver because he is an UNRESTRICTED free agent this offseason. Furthermore, the Lakers don't even have Bird rights as they only signed him to a 2 year deal.

No Bird Rights means the team can either give him the league avg salary (~4.7M) or a 175% pay increase (less than 4.7M) otherwise, they would have to use their salary cap money to resign him.

Meaning whoever trades for Clarkson has ZERO advantages to sign him after this season over the rest of the league. That Laker fans belive there is ANY significant value there belies their historic fortune of trades.

As far as nothing being wrong with Clarkson, he is among the worst defenders in the NBA. The only PG with DRAPM each of the last two years is LaVine and he is 4 years younger.

Where the F did u hear that? he is same as lin/Asik

even if some team offers him a max u can match it and have him 12/4yrs =50mil
the deal he would get is 5,5,20,20 so its norm over 4yrs

atleast get ur facts straight before posting BS

dhsilv
01-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Here's why it looks out of line to me and I would imagine to any GM with a brain. When Okafors stats were good, he was a minus both on offense and defense. The offense was way worse with him on the floor and so was the defense. The team played better when he was off the floor. I can't imagine that in the days of analytics that some GM is going to think "man this kid scores a lot" and somehow ignores the rest of the numbers. Not to mention that he shoots under 50% and he's not shooting a bunch of jumpers.

Another thing about the pump and dump. It doesn't fit with Hinkie in any way becuase it's also very risky. Too many variables. Why would he draft someone and then take the risk of them getting hurt or not fitting in or having off the court issues but yet somehow bank on the fact that they could make this player look better than they actually were? It makes no sense at all. He had the most value on draft night. He had the most value because his game was still an unknown in the NBA and the prevailing opinion of him was he was the most NBA ready big. So if you were going to trade him you pick him and flip him to a team below you who wants him. His trade value is very low now because of many things not just one thing. And these things are things that are too risky for a guy like Hinkie to bank on. So no, for a guy who likes to make informed decisions, that doesn't make sense to me at all. What's happened since they've drafted him? The team is the worst when he's on the floor both offensively and defensively, he gets pulled over for driving recklessly, he gets in more than one fight (one of which is recorded), gets a gun pulled on him while he's wasted and has his dad heckling the coach and GM. Now they have to bring in Colangelo for damage control and then they sign Elton Brand to try and mentor the kid. Tell me what part of that scenario seems like anything they wanted to happen or were planning on for a pump and dump? None. Why? Because there are way too many risks and variables to make that a useful thing to do. You realize that part of the reason Colangelo was brought in was becuase they were pissed that Hinkie left Brown hung out to dry when answering questions about Okafor and his stupid Boston incident. They could have drafted him and traded him on draft night and gotten more out of him. That pump and dump bs is not something Hinkie would try in my opinion.

They basically did pump and dump with MCW, that seemed to work, all be it a less high profile pick. Lets also remember teams are looking at 20 year olds based on future potential and THAT is an area analytics kinda sorta give you some insight into but nothing magical. Add in there are still nba teams who haven't gotten the message about analytics.

Also it's exactly what he's been doing with 2nd round picks. I'm sure he looked at that pick just like you'd look at a stock. I don't care if the company is great, I care what people will play for a share of it.

SwishSquared
01-07-2016, 02:17 PM

Keep himI said that trade from the 76ers perspective. Didn't say LAL would go for it.

I agree that the Lakers are better off hoping for one of Simmons or Ingram than removing the protection on their pick.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2016, 05:50 PM
They basically did pump and dump with MCW, that seemed to work, all be it a less high profile pick. Lets also remember teams are looking at 20 year olds based on future potential and THAT is an area analytics kinda sorta give you some insight into but nothing magical. Add in there are still nba teams who haven't gotten the message about analytics.

Also it's exactly what he's been doing with 2nd round picks. I'm sure he looked at that pick just like you'd look at a stock. I don't care if the company is great, I care what people will play for a share of it.

What they did w MCW was entirely different. He wasn't picked third. He was picked late in the lottery and they capitalized on a guy who played surprisingly well in an atrocious rookie class. Okafors value dropped as soon as he played his first game. Who in the second round did they pump and dump? McDaniels? They got a pick back for him and Caanan. Caanan is trash. A top three pick is the most valuable draft commodity there is. The 10th or 11th or whatever pick MCW was or a second rounder like McDaniels was are entirely different. So no I don't think they would take the risk of thinking they can make the third pick in the draft appear better than they actually were. They got a top three protected pick for MCW which may never convey as a great pick. They may end up getting the same pick back for him that they spent on him.

HurricaneKid
01-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Where the F did u hear that? he is same as lin/Asik

even if some team offers him a max u can match it and have him 12/4yrs =50mil
the deal he would get is 5,5,20,20 so its norm over 4yrs

atleast get ur facts straight before posting BS

SMH. I hate it when people don't understand the CBA.

Whiteside is in the same situation. Last year it was Millsap and DeMarre.

Here is the pertinent link:
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q33

33. How long must a player be with one team before the Larry Bird exception can be used?

The basic idea is that a player must play for the same team for three seasons for his team to gain Bird rights (two seasons for Early Bird rights). It can be a single three-year contract, a series of three one-year contracts, or any combination that adds up to three seasons (or two for Early Bird). However there are a number of complications:

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 07:45 PM

Saric is not a stretch 4. This term of "stretch four" in the NBA has gotten ridiculously stupid. They don't even know what a "stretch four" is.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 07:47 PM

Every single game he plays in Euroleague and Turkish League is easily available to watch for free online. So are all of his stats easy as hell to find.

Only a complete retard would claim it is hard to find out any info on him.

As usual, you continue to troll.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 07:50 PM
Philly would definitely not take Clarkson/Randle for Noel/Saric. They wouldn't do Clarkson for Noel either. I think they'd turn down Clarkson/Randle for Noel too.

The average player in the Turkish League would be the second best player on the 76ers. Many of the players in the Turkish League would be the best player on the 76ers. Let's not even talk about Euroleague, which is much better than the Turkish League is.

Stop being a colossal douche bag.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 07:53 PM
I got the info on his midrange shooting % from David Pick, who's considered to be knowledgeable about the overseas leagues. He tweeted it out after Saric hit a game winning long two last week or something.

David Pick is one of the biggest hacks in all of European basketball reporting. He's the European basketball equivalent of Chris Broussard.

If you want actual European basketball information then go to places like eurobasket.com and eurohoops.net

Pick is nothing but a total hack at the level like ESPN clowns.

qrich
01-07-2016, 07:56 PM
The average player in the Turkish League would be the second best player on the 76ers. Many of the players in the Turkish League would be the best player on the 76ers. Let's not even talk about Euroleague, which is much better than the Turkish League is.

Stop being a colossal douche bag.

:roll:

Just like Sofoklis Shitnatis is 10 times Camby or Kaman were.

Just like Vasaline Shitnoulis is a good player and will lead the Nets to the NBA title with his 3 points, 4 turnovers 19% field goal!

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 08:06 PM
I'm with all of what you said but I just wanted to say something about Saric's shooting numbers and play in Europe. I think Saric is smart and will be a solid bench player who does a bunch of things a little better than average. He'll score a little becuase he's smart and get good boards and make some nice passes for a big. He's not really a stretch four in my opinion but maybe he can end up being a decent shooter. It's tough to say if he will be able to get his shot off in the NBA. He's already just an ok shooter and so I worry how he will do once he's faced with the speed of an NBA defense. I had this same convo about Hezonja with my friend before this draft. I told him that I didn't really care about Hezonja's leaping ability and shooting because I didn't think that he'd ever be able to get to the rack or shoot becuase his handle sucked for the NBA. Right now I'm right but that doesn't mean that he won't improve but as far as right now goes, Hezonja is trash. Saric's game is more well rounded that's for sure but I always have concerns about less athletic players trying to carve out a place in the NBA, especially a guy like Saric who isn't really athletic at all but will have to be going up against fast stretch fours every night. Defensively he's going to be a problem. That being said, I still think he could be a really solid bench player who is a contributor. I will admit that on draft night that I wanted Lavine instead of Saric and I still want Lavine. He's a moron and he's skinny and can't defend but he's athletic and long and is improving.

This is true, but also it's an irrelevant point totally. Hezonja had an awful handle for Spanish League standards, let alone for Euroleague standards, and he could not get to the rack and beat anyone off the dribble in Euroleague. When he did rarely beat someone off the dribble in Euroleague, he usually got rejected in a mammoth fashion of epic embarrassment as well.

There is really no comparison or point to be made by any of this. It's not pertinent to say, "well so and so might not do so well in the NBA, because he can't beat anyone off the dribble at the NBA level" - implying that they could in Euroleague, when in reality, everyone knew he was horrific at that in Euroleague.

There is no logic to any of that. Bottom line, he has a poor handle and he struggles to beat anyone off the dribble, whether it be Euroleague, EuroBasket, NBA, whatever.

So to take that false and totally failed logic and try to apply to it Saric is completely wrong. Like, "well Saric probably can't get his shot off in the NBA, you know because look at how I was right on what I said about Hezonja, and because NBA defense is faster".......

First, you were wrong in your assessment of Hezonja, not right, and secondly it won't apply the same to Saric, because there is less space on a FIBA court than an NBA court, and because there are a lot more wide open shots in an NBA game than there are in a Euroleague game, or even in a lot of Turkish League games.

Actually, it's way easier for someone like Saric to operate on offense in the NBA than it is in Euroleague. Just the same way it is easier in the NBA for Rubio, the same way it's even easier on offense in the NBA than it was in the second level league of Eurocup for Porzingis.

Porzingis was playing in freaking Eurocup, and had much harder and tighter defense on him than what he sees in about 90% of his NBA games.

It is two completely different styles of game --->

1. NBA = almost zero defense played ever, almost zero physicality allowed by the refs, and wide open shots galore. Tons of them available for role players, and even some of the best offensive players can get numerous open shots in a game.

2. Euroleague = generally very intense defense played by the large majority of the teams, generally very physical basketball played by almost all the teams (except some of the Spanish teams, but even they are more physical than most NBA teams are) and allowed by the refs, and few open shots available. In fact open shots are at a huge premium, and its common not to get any in a game for a player.

To say that Saric would do worse in the NBA as a 3 point shooter based on failed logic of Hezonja and based on untrue things about NBA and Euroleague defense just is not correct.

Euroleague
01-07-2016, 08:11 PM
:roll:

Just like Sofoklis Shitnatis is 10 times Camby or Kaman were.

Just like Vasaline Shitnoulis is a good player and will lead the Nets to the NBA title with his 3 points, 4 turnovers 19% field goal!

Sofo can only play about 15 minutes a game, but in just 15 minutes a game, he would be by leaps and bounds, the best player on the 76ers. And Sofo no longer even plays at Euroleague level. He's a Eurocup (level below Euroleague) player now. I'm not sure if Sofo is even in the top 25-30 Greek players right now. But, there is no doubt that he would be the best player on the 76ers.

The only player in the NBA that has an argument as being better than Spanoulis is Curry. That's it.

SwishSquared
01-07-2016, 10:53 PM
David Pick is one of the biggest hacks in all of European basketball reporting. He's the European basketball equivalent of Chris Broussard.

If you want actual European basketball information then go to places like eurobasket.com and eurohoops.net

Pick is nothing but a total hack at the level like ESPN clowns.He cited actual stats, not using multiple sauces to make clickbait. The midrange shooting % was accurate.

I know you dislike him, but Pick is better than Broussard IMO.

SwishSquared
01-07-2016, 10:57 PM

Stop being a colossal douche bag.He's fairing against better competition than NCAA programs and I know you have a problem with the NBA, but people always adjust numbers from any European league when making projections about future NBA players. You don't like that, but it's what people do.

The personal attack is not warranted.

76ers have only a few real NBA players on their roster, so comparing the talent level from a different team in another league is moot to me. They have plenty guys who would be in the D League or elsewhere right now.

GOBB
01-08-2016, 12:49 AM
Every single game he plays in Euroleague and Turkish League is easily available to watch for free online. So are all of his stats easy as hell to find.

Only a complete retard would claim it is hard to find out any info on him.

As usual, you continue to troll.

Such a miserable life you have. What's it like to wake up mad? I can't relate.

Euroleague
01-08-2016, 08:30 PM
He cited actual stats, not using multiple sauces to make clickbait. The midrange shooting % was accurate.

I know you dislike him, but Pick is better than Broussard IMO.

No, he is just as bad, if not worse.

He gets a lot of his "breaking inside news" from fan forums and also fan twitters all the time.

He takes reports from international sports media in non-English languages, then implies he is the one "breaking the story".

In Israel, where he is from, he's considered almost a troll even by many.

Euroleague
01-08-2016, 08:33 PM
He's fairing against better competition than NCAA programs and I know you have a problem with the NBA, but people always adjust numbers from any European league when making projections about future NBA players. You don't like that, but it's what people do.

The personal attack is not warranted.

76ers have only a few real NBA players on their roster, so comparing the talent level from a different team in another league is moot to me. They have plenty guys who would be in the D League or elsewhere right now.

The 76ers could not win a single game in the Eurocup, which is Europe's 2nd tier level, the league below Euroleague. Even Eurocup teams would annihilate them.

And as far as "people" translating stats from Europe to the NBA....the correct term would be "imbeciles", not people.

Euroleague
01-08-2016, 08:43 PM
Such a miserable life you have. What's it like to wake up mad? I can't relate.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/bAFPDKcs77jNu/200.gif

GOBB
01-08-2016, 10:55 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/bAFPDKcs77jNu/200.gif

That's pretty much what you do to a thread with a good discussion. You're an assclown. Sad part is you're not even credible here. I literally skimmed thru your posts and nothing stuck with me. You bring nothing to a discussion not because what you say may not be valid. Not because you may not raise good points, or enlighten. Your delivery is pure shit and you come off as some insecure, miserable f*ggot. But it never ends there, I left out how you play this p*ssy victim role when responded too and often shut down. You either add something to a discussion or you don't. You do a great job at the latter. I would say have a good day but you're allergic to that. So bravo, now go f*ck yourself because that is the only way you seem to get laid. You're welcome for the reminder nitwit.