PDA

View Full Version : GT, Jan. 4: Rockets vs. Jazz, Battle for the 8 Seed

WayOfWade
01-04-2016, 07:55 PM
And the right to play against the Warriors in the 1st round. I really have no clue who will win this game, the Jazz are a graveyard right now and the Rockets look like a pile of maneuer, should be a fun game though.

BasedTom
01-04-2016, 08:25 PM
And the right to play against the Warriors in the 1st round. I really have no clue who will win this game, the Jazz are a graveyard right now and the Rockets look like a pile of maneuer, should be a fun game though.
https://s.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/4711/media/images/Manuel_Neuer_2480386.jpg

CakeorDeath
01-04-2016, 10:49 PM
Harden being effective right now at drive and kick. Rockets are shooting well from 3 at the moment. If those 3s stop falling, expect Harden to revert back to his true self and start playing like a total b!tch.

6th game in a row where the Jazz are missing 4/5 of their starting lineup. Tough break but have to admire the effort by the rest of the team. Whithey, Booker, and Hood especially.

WayOfWade
01-04-2016, 11:00 PM
This is my first time seeing seeing Harden's defense live, and boy is it atrocious, absolutely no help whatsoever

WayOfWade
01-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Harden being effective right now at drive and kick. Rockets are shooting well from 3 at the moment. If those 3s stop falling, expect Harden to revert back to his true self and start playing like a total b!tch.

6th game in a row where the Jazz are missing 4/5 of their starting lineup. Tough break but have to admire the effort by the rest of the team. Whithey, Booker, and Hood especially.
Yeah, to be honest I expected them to lose the majority of their games (which they have), but 6-9 in Gobert's absence along with this game so far has me happy, especially with Withey

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
Yeah, to be honest I expected them to lose the majority of their games (which they have), but 6-9 in Gobert's absence along with this game so far has me happy, especially with Withey

With their schedule that record is bad. They've played some really good games and some horrible ones. I expect Withey will be back at the end of the bench when healthy. Assuming he recovers from that fall.

CakeorDeath
01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
This is my first time seeing seeing Harden's defense live, and boy is it atrocious, absolutely no help whatsoever

I've never understood why they don't just leave Harden on the offensive side of the floor and just let him cherry pick. Better offense, and the exact same amount of defense.

CakeorDeath
01-04-2016, 11:15 PM
With their schedule that record is bad. They've played some really good games and some horrible ones. I expect Withey will be back at the end of the bench when healthy. Assuming he recovers from that fall.

Looked to be laughing/smiling on the way back to the locker room. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Withey makes Pleiss expendable. Withey is better already and is like 7 years younger. Lyles also seems like he will be a serviceable player. Great basketball IQ, doesn't try to do anything he can't, takes what the defense gives.

Frontcourt rotation of Favors/Gobert/Booker/Withey/Lyles is solid. Lots of different looks. Hope Rudy works on his face up offense and Lyles keeps working on his range

WayOfWade
01-04-2016, 11:18 PM
True, they have lost some very winnable games, like the New Orleans one (which sadly I attended). And yeah Withey will be on the bench, but I bet you his play of late has earned him at least a couple more minutes once the Jazz are healthy again.

Xiao Yao You
01-04-2016, 11:37 PM
Looked to be laughing/smiling on the way back to the locker room. Hopefully that is a good sign.

Withey makes Pleiss expendable. Withey is better already and is like 7 years younger. Lyles also seems like he will be a serviceable player. Great basketball IQ, doesn't try to do anything he can't, takes what the defense gives.

Frontcourt rotation of Favors/Gobert/Booker/Withey/Lyles is solid. Lots of different looks. Hope Rudy works on his face up offense and Lyles keeps working on his range

Lyles is younger you mean? Pleiss is definitely expendable. Hopefully someone wants him after the way he's looked the past two games. Don't need 5 big men playing.

CakeorDeath
01-04-2016, 11:45 PM
Lyles is younger you mean? Pleiss is definitely expendable. Hopefully someone wants him after the way he's looked the past two games. Don't need 5 big men playing.

No I meant Withey being a lot younger than Pleiss, which he is but not by much. I had it in my head that Withey was a few years younger than he actually is.

ShawkFactory
01-04-2016, 11:49 PM
https://s.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/4711/media/images/Manuel_Neuer_2480386.jpg
Too sexy for this forum

CakeorDeath
01-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Was that you Wade aiming the camera flash at Harden while he was shooting his free throws? We know you're at the game...

:roll:

CakeorDeath
01-05-2016, 12:01 AM
Harden's b!tch tactics have officially begun. Take two steps inside the three point line, flail your arms in the air like you've been hit by a car, go to the free throw line. Then refuse to play defense.

WayOfWade
01-05-2016, 12:09 AM
Harden's b!tch tactics have officially begun. Take two steps inside the three point line, flail your arms in the air like you've been hit by a car, go to the free throw line. Then refuse to play defense.
Glad to see its failing him more times than not. And his All-star D is in full effect as well

CakeorDeath
01-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Worst no call I've seen in a long time. Withey gets pushed on the back, nailed on the elbow and then elbowed in the face, no call.

Somebody farts near Harden, refs blow the whistle.

:facepalm

WayOfWade
01-05-2016, 12:40 AM
Worst no call I've seen in a long time. Withey gets pushed on the back, nailed on the elbow and then elbowed in the face, no call.

Somebody farts near Harden, refs blow the whistle.

:facepalm
Yeah, sadly the Jazz got cheated out of this one big time. The League will issue an apology but the damage is done. Brings back nightmares of Billups' flop against the Jazz for 3 to win the game a couple years back. Sadly that's just how the game goes sometimes. I've learned to just accept that some things you can't change and move on, come what may and love it.