PDA

View Full Version : Having an all-time great coach is more important than having a star teammate!

livinglegend
01-04-2016, 08:23 PM
Coaching is the most underrated job in the NBA.
Without a great defensive and offensive systems, it's almost impossible to win.
Also, great coaches find put their players in best position to get the best out of them.
Look at how Steve Kerr changed the Warriors.
Look at how Phil changed the Bulls.
Guys like Kobe/Shaq and MJ/Pippen were very fortunate to have the best coach of all-time.
People in here like to talk a lot about suppporting casts, but they ignore the important piece of the supporting cast (THE COACH!)

warriorfan
01-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Phil Jackson is an overrated coach

Steve Kerr is a rookie coach and has been getting out-coached by Luke Walton

:sleeping

livinglegend
01-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Phil Jackson is an overrated coach

Steve Kerr is a rookie coach and has been getting out-coached by Luke Walton

:sleeping

11 rings is overrated. :roll: :roll: :roll:
And Walton is running the system that Kerr implented dumbass.

warriorfan
01-04-2016, 08:31 PM
11 rings is overrated. :roll: :roll: :roll:
And Walton is running the system that Kerr implented dumbass.

So the coach is so important yet they don't even have to be present to have their effect? :lol

WHat Kerr System? Pace and Space with Steph Curry? Very groundbreaking... :lol

livinglegend
01-04-2016, 08:35 PM
So the coach is so important yet they don't even have to be present to have their effect? :lol

You are so dumb. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
As I said the system that the coach implent is the most important thing. Once the players have learned the system, the coach doesn't have to be there for it to work. Kerr implented a system that maximises the abilities of his players. Walton is just running it.
The present of the coach will be important in the playoffs games for the in game plays and adjustements.

livinglegend
01-04-2016, 08:45 PM
Difference between Diaw with Bobcats (or whichever team he was on before Spurs) and Diaw with Spurs -----> Pop's system.
Coaching very important

juju151111
01-04-2016, 08:48 PM

Shut up you dumbass. You claim to be a warriors fan but don't know shit. Kerr changed the culture and offensive system in GS. He also got along with the front office and players better then the previous coach. He also made the change to bench iggy and gave Barnes Confidents. Jackson was forcing him to be something he wasn't in his 2nd season. So you think Players forget how to run the plays the practice because the coach isn't present.

warriorfan
01-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Jackson was forcing him(Barnes) to be something he wasn't in his 2nd season.

Agreed. Coach Jackson misused Barnes by attempting to let him create his own offense. Coach Kerr regulated him into a role player role, shooting open corner 3's and playing defense which resulted in more success.

Hittin_Shots
01-04-2016, 09:47 PM
All time coaches can probably pick where they wanna coach if they see potential so it's probably correct that it's better to have one.

Also they become all time coaches due to winning a lot and therefore this statement is obvious.

livingby3's
01-04-2016, 09:52 PM
Agree with OP. A coach who can't get his team to commit is going to fall apart. My Suns :facepalm

kennethgriffin
01-04-2016, 09:59 PM
heres the problem

any team that wins automatically makes that teams coach ......"great"

imagine if the big 3 stayed together in miami and they kept rolling out finals and another title or 2. then all of a sudden solstra is an all time great coach

then imagine if nash is healthy and prime, dwight is 100% and kobe doesnt rip his achilles in half... then all of a sudden d'antoni looks like a genius

i think regardless if phil coached the bulls or lakers those 2 teams would have atleast ended up winning regardless sooner or later

was bill russell an all time great coach? probly not... yet he coached his celtics to his last 2 titles

i think championship teams more often than not are that due to talent more than anything. and coaching helps the last 3-4 teams decide who comes out ontop

a great coach just helps a championship team realize its potential and maximizes it

but a team can win without a great coach sometimes. then make that guy seem great

look at byron scott on the 2002 and 2003 nets. hes the worst coach ive ever seen and he got carried to back to back finals

rmt
01-04-2016, 10:10 PM
Difference between Diaw with Bobcats (or whichever team he was on before Spurs) and Diaw with Spurs -----> Pop's system.
Coaching very important

It's motivation - more like he didn't want to be on the Bobcats but loves being on a great, international team with his best pal, Parker.

Kvnzhangyay
01-04-2016, 10:10 PM
heres the problem

any team that wins automatically makes that teams coach ......"great"

imagine if the big 3 stayed together in miami and they kept rolling out finals and another title or 2. then all of a sudden solstra is an all time great coach

then imagine if nash is healthy and prime, dwight is 100% and kobe doesnt rip his achilles in half... then all of a sudden d'antoni looks like a genius

i think regardless if phil coached the bulls or lakers those 2 teams would have atleast ended up winning regardless sooner or later

was bill russell an all time great coach? probly not... yet he coached his celtics to his last 2 titles

i think championship teams more often than not are that due to talent more than anything. and coaching helps the last 3-4 teams decide who comes out ontop

a great coach just helps a championship team realize its potential and maximizes it

but a team can win without a great coach sometimes. then make that guy seem great

look at byron scott on the 2002 and 2003 nets. hes the worst coach ive ever seen and he got carried to back to back finals

That's not necessarily true

SCdac
01-04-2016, 10:12 PM
If I had to choose between Jordan or Phil Jackson I'd choose Jordan comfortably. If had to choose Duncan/Pop I'd choose Duncan every time. If it's between Dirk/Avery Johnson or Lebron/Erick Spoelstra ... who do you thinkg I'm going to choose? At the end of the day it's a player's league. Having a superstar player >>>>

rmt
01-04-2016, 10:17 PM
You need talent to win - great coaching with little talent achieves nothing but maximization of that little talent.