https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5q0XjUAHc

:cheers:

Goofsta Knicca
01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
169-0. Who'll be first to down vote?

Graviton
01-04-2016, 10:01 PM
169-0. Who'll be first to down vote?
I tried, my hand took over and upvoted though.

Pointguard
01-04-2016, 11:11 PM
Great stuff as always. He never got much attention for catching shots and keeping it in play. I remember when they were saying Russell was the only one keeping the ball in play after a block.

Goofsta Knicca
01-05-2016, 02:39 AM
I tried, my hand took over and upvoted though.

I couldn't either. But someone got him. 173-2. :(

zeerghit
01-05-2016, 09:07 AM
WOW, great video dude, im pretty feel bad now to saying some bad words to you, really great video

SpaceJam
01-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Sometimes I disagree with some of your opinions on this forum but I can't deny your ability to put together old footage, as well as finding old journal articles etc is GOAT

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
WOW, great video dude, im pretty feel bad now to saying some bad words to you, really great video
It's all good it's ISH, thanks though :cheers:

Dr Hawk
01-05-2016, 03:40 PM
#2 or #3 all time

Wade3
01-05-2016, 03:46 PM
His peers talk about him with such awe like he was a mythical creature :lol What a freakish human being

Dr Hawk
01-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Cavs, where is Wilt in your al-time list?

CavaliersFTW
01-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Cavs, where is Wilt in your al-time list?
#1 of course

But for different reasons a solid case can be made for MJ, KAJ, Bill Russell and I'll be the first to defend someone like Bill Russell if I think someone's criteria encapsulates a player like say, Russell or KAJ - yet they aren't rating them favorably.

So those 4 are 1a through 1d to me.

There are other players that could have a case made too, it all depends on a fans specific criteria, and that criteria can be whatever they love or want to see out of a player the most.

LAZERUSS
01-06-2016, 12:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5q0XjUAHc

I didn't bother counting the blocks (and obviously there were duplicates)...but it speaks volumes that we have so many...out of the 2% of video footage that exists of Chamberlain's career. Not only that, but the majority of the footage we do have, is from later in Wilt's career.

In any case, the man was clearly the GOAT shot-blocker, and rim-protector, in NBA history. The Russell-supporters will make their claims, but in the actual recorded blocked shot totals we do have, Wilt holds a solid edge. Not only that, but in their H2H's, Chamberlain had close to twice as many known blocks.

Of course, that was only part of Wilt's defensive impact. He DRAMATICALLY reduced his opposing center's efficiencies his entire career. HOF center-after-HOF center shot considerably worse against Wilt. Even the peak Kareem, facing a 34+ old Wilt, on a surgically repaired knee, shot about a full ten percent below his career FG%.

And think about this...Hassan Whiteside is currently averaging 4 bpg, and in only 29 mpg. And a few years ago Ibaka averaged 3.7 in 27 mpg. How would a full 7-1+ Wilt, with a 7-8 wingspan, and a vertical of 40" do in the current NBA?