PDA

View Full Version : If you were an NBA Rookie would you tolerate being hazed?

PsychoBe
01-05-2016, 07:02 PM
shaq mentioned in his book that while kobe did go through with some of the hazing he was given, there was some other stuff he did not tolerate and frequently complained to the front office about.

i'm sure he wasn't the only rookie in the history of the sport to stand up for himself, so i wonder if anyone here would allow themselves to be hazed like that.

personally i would but only to an extent. i'd get coffee for you, or carry your bags, that's no big deal. but i won't wake up at 2 a.m. for you and bring you taco bell, especially on game day, or on the same day we have practice. that's cutting into my sleep schedule and it could affect my performance, which hazing should never do.

WayOfWade
01-05-2016, 07:08 PM
Depends on how much power/leverage I have. If I'm like a lottery pick and building block, I'm gonna resist as much as I can; on the other hand if I'm I drafted or 2nd round, I'll have to put up with all the crap they give me

MP.Trey
01-05-2016, 07:11 PM
Nah, I'd knock a teammate out, get the reputation of having character issues and ultimately end up being blackballed by the league, resulting in me playing in China for 6 figures a year.

AirTupac
Nurkic just paid the fine and didnt do any rookie duties.

feyki
No , i would probably fight .

JimmyMcAdocious
01-05-2016, 07:37 PM
You're a terrible person if you won't go on a taco bell run at 2 am.

Clifton
01-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Are rookies really hazed that much? I remember Jalen Rose talking about how veteran guys would give him their travel money when he was a rookie.

I'm sure they are expected to "know their place" and "earn their respect" to a certain degree, of course, and maybe a little bit of mild hazing takes place, but I doubt it's that bad.

the mesiah
01-05-2016, 07:50 PM
http://hoopeduponline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ilthy_brotha_reds.jpg

http://youtu.be/3GeT4LfF_Fg

Gus Hemmingway
01-05-2016, 07:53 PM
Betta get ma Doh NUTSS:coleman:

tontoz
01-05-2016, 08:41 PM
When Eric Maynor was traded to the Sixers a couple of years ago i heard a couple of rookies objected to carrying his bags. In their defense his bags were full of bricks and had no handles.

LAKingKobe
01-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Screw that stuff. If you're a real man you should never willingly allow physical or mental degradation from anyone. If it's in good natured fun that's different

Crown&Coke
01-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Make me sing a song, make me pick up donuts, make me wear a pink backpack. It's whatever

Make me pick up your dry cleaning, ****outtahere

LoneyROY7
01-05-2016, 09:15 PM
NBA players shouldn't be eating donuts in the first place.

oarabbus
01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Make me sing a song, make me pick up donuts, make me wear a pink backpack. It's whatever

Make me pick up your dry cleaning, ****outtahere

So you'll pick up donuts but not dry cleaning? Why?

Crown&Coke
01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
So you'll pick up donuts but not dry cleaning? Why?

Donuts is for the team

Dry cleaning is for one dude

sd3035
01-05-2016, 09:20 PM
I never let anyone make me do something I don't want to in any situation, therefore no

JimmyMcAdocious
01-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Hazing is good for team chemistry if it doesn't go too far. Like when you're stripped naked in the lockerroom and people trying to stick their finger up your ass. That's right around my limit. Fingers only.

raprap
01-05-2016, 09:38 PM
SnitchBe

outbreak
01-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Are rookies really hazed that much? I remember Jalen Rose talking about how veteran guys would give him their travel money when he was a rookie.

I'm sure they are expected to "know their place" and "earn their respect" to a certain degree, of course, and maybe a little bit of mild hazing takes place, but I doubt it's that bad.
yeah I've heard a lot of vets buying things and helping out rookies too.

depends what the hazing is, if it's carrying bags and pranks and the like I'd put up with it and go a long with it. nothing worse than the guy who ruins the chemistry by crying about how people pick on him and taking it personally.

In my experience it's the guys who don't like the hazing and react to it who get the most bad shit done to them, causes people to push them for a reaction whereas the guys who take it in stride earn respect and it usually doesn't last long before they are accepted in to the group

Goofsta Knicca
01-05-2016, 09:50 PM
whereas the guys who take it in stride earn respect and it usually doesn't last long before they are accepted in to the group

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDDKGCUmmig&feature=youtu.be&t=2m54s

:lol

Draz
01-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Df is there to complain about? These kids had nothing their entire lives, rookie contract in the NBA means everything. Their going to be rich. It's like hitting the jackpot. Some pussi shit to complain honestly