PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons vs Kentucky Official Game Thread

CJ Mustard
01-05-2016, 09:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CX8H-99UQAA2oEw.png:large

:cheers: Let's see what this kid can do against real competition.

buddha
01-05-2016, 09:08 PM
Kentucky in a blowout

GOBB
01-05-2016, 09:50 PM
Poly vs Ben will be an awesome duel. Poly is a really good defender and athletic. Also strong. Ben normally takes advantage of guys at PF but I want to see if he does that vs Poly.

I'm going to be keeping an eye on Jamal Murray as I like him as well.

GOBB
01-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Kentucky in a blowout

Yeah LSU is ass after Ben Simmons. It would take Kentucky shitting the bed shooting and LSU guys having season best nights. Good luck with that. Possible but highly unlikely. This will be a rout.

midatlantic09
01-05-2016, 09:53 PM
I don't think Ben has the hunger/fire to truly become a great NBA player. I think he'll be a very good NBA player, and will probably make the all-star team 3-4 times during his career, but I don't think he's going to be the next dominate force in the NBA like Lebron/Durant/Kobe.

CJ Mustard
01-05-2016, 10:23 PM
Simmons is the best passer in college basketball. LSU looking good so far

plowking
01-05-2016, 10:26 PM
I don't think Ben has the hunger/fire to truly become a great NBA player. I think he'll be a very good NBA player, and will probably make the all-star team 3-4 times during his career, but I don't think he's going to be the next dominate force in the NBA like Lebron/Durant/Kobe.

Is it because he doesn't yell and make angry faces?

RedBlackAttack
01-05-2016, 10:27 PM
LSU looks good. I'm still not sure I see a transcendent player in Simmons though. Not saying he won't be good, but this hype is a little over the top based on what I've seen from him, personally. :confusedshrug:

dhsilv
01-05-2016, 10:31 PM
people are slower without a shoes on....gee great announcers.

IGOTGAME
01-05-2016, 10:33 PM
LSU looks good. I'm still not sure I see a transcendent player in Simmons though. Not saying he won't be good, but this hype is a little over the top based on what I've seen from him, personally. :confusedshrug:

This is my view as well. You have a guy that has been playing internationally with a developed body looking like a man among boys. Not sure I see these Lebron and Magic comparisons.

FrobeShaw
01-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Is it because he doesn't yell and make angry faces?
:oldlol:

ballin33
01-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Thinking the exact same thing, the same way Wiggins doesn't have that fire. Kid also has no jumper

Milbuck
01-05-2016, 10:37 PM
Isn't Simmons a year older than most freshman? He's a fantastic prospect but he's dominating pretty much how I'd expect other elite 1 and done prospects would in their 2nd years.

dhsilv
01-05-2016, 10:46 PM
This is my view as well. You have a guy that has been playing internationally with a developed body looking like a man among boys. Not sure I see these Lebron and Magic comparisons.

Eh, I see a lot of those two in his game. I'm not sure I see their best qualities though which is likely what you're looking for.

He isn't physically dominate like Lebron. He's not a game changing savant with a pass like Magic. But he's got Magic's inside game in some ways. He's got lebron's passing.

That said he's got HUGE upside. I'm not feeling it though..

CJ Mustard
01-05-2016, 10:48 PM
This is the worst Kentucky team in a long time.

IGOTGAME
01-05-2016, 10:53 PM
LSUs lack of talent looks overstated to me in the few games I've watched.

Jameerthefear
01-05-2016, 10:56 PM
they're actually supposed to be pretty talented, from what i've heard

CJ Mustard
01-05-2016, 10:59 PM
Kentucky is just trash right now though, so this game isn't much of an indicator of LSUs talent. Although they do have a decent team.

JimmyMcAdocious
01-05-2016, 11:00 PM
they're actually supposed to be pretty talented, from what i've heard

Supposed to have at least 3 NBA guys. :confusedshrug: Tho Blakeney hasn't played well as a freshman. He's got a lot of talent doe

IGOTGAME
01-05-2016, 11:01 PM
Supposed to have at least 3 NBA guys. :confusedshrug: Tho Blankey hasn't played well as a freshman. He's got a lot of talent doe

People on another forum made it seem like he was playing with bums. Seems like a good team.

CJ Mustard
01-05-2016, 11:41 PM
:oldlol: Kentucky getting TORCHED by Tim Quarterman. What a trash team.

IGOTGAME
01-05-2016, 11:42 PM
Kentucky big men are playing like shit. Skai looks soft and whiny

I do like Murry though. He will be a good combo guard

GOBB
01-05-2016, 11:51 PM
Well I guess someone showed LSU my post because this game hasn't gone as I thought. :facepalm

Just give it to Murray and get thee f*ck out the way.

Milbuck
01-05-2016, 11:55 PM
Skal is garbage wow

Jameerthefear
01-05-2016, 11:56 PM
Skal is garbage wow
Yeah he has been absolutely disappointing...

GOBB
01-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Skal is garbage wow

Bucks will draft him, being as tho they will be in the lottery 2016

CJ Mustard
01-06-2016, 12:03 AM
:bowdown: Ben

midatlantic09
01-06-2016, 12:04 AM
I'm probably the only one, but if the Draft were today and I'm the GM of the team with the #1 pick, I'm taking Ingram.

plowking
01-06-2016, 12:08 AM
I'm probably the only one, but if the Draft were today and I'm the GM of the team with the #1 pick, I'm taking Ingram.

Ingram ain't close to Simmons.

Like someone else pointed out, he was being matched up on 5's and still struggled to get by his man.

Interesting you make this comment after a 14/10/3 on 100% shooting performance by Simmons. :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
01-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Right now Simmons is just such a freak athlete but the thing is that Ingram projects into one as well...it's a tough one

Cold soul
01-06-2016, 12:10 AM
I love Simmons best player in this draft class would look great in purple and gold. :rockon:

CJ Mustard
01-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Ingram has been playing on Simmons level for the last few weeks or so, averaging like 20+ on really high efficiency from the field and three. He can actually shoot. It isn't a foregone conclusion that Simmons is the pick at all.

GOBB
01-06-2016, 12:14 AM
Ingram has been playing on Simmons level for the last few weeks or so, averaging like 20+ on really high efficiency from the field and three. He can actually shoot. It isn't a foregone conclusion that Simmons is the pick at all.

He will have to keep that up if he wants to take over the #1 spot. Right now the Ben Simmons hype just trumps any argument for Ingram.

midatlantic09
01-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Right now Simmons is just such a freak athlete but the thing is that Ingram projects into one as well...it's a tough one

I don't know...I just find Ingram's length, athleticism, shooting, and overall upside more intriguing than what Simmons brings to the table. I think Simmons will have to more immediate impact, but I think Ingram has more upside. Many people are comparing Simmons to Lebron, but I don't see it. Instead, I see a better, more focused version of Lamar Odom with a splash of Scottie Pippen.

plowking
01-06-2016, 12:18 AM

Does he though?

Since when do you develop certain attributes as an athlete at the age of 19 or 20?

Ingram is long and lanky, which is great, but he doesn't have a great first step, doesn't have the movement or explosiveness seen by other great top prospects. Seems like one of those "potential" picks based on something that more than likely won't amount.

You can teach Simmons to shoot IMO. You can't teach someone to be a freak athlete.

GOBB
01-06-2016, 12:19 AM
I don't know...I just find Ingram's length, athleticism, shooting, and overall upside more intriguing than what Simmons brings to the table. I think Simmons will have to more immediate impact, but I think Ingram has more upside.

Simmons has a lot of flaws in his game and will make it difficult to spread the floor due to his lack of shooting. Just play off of him and he can't do much other than try to find the open man.

But that is the thing. He's just not a regular passer, he is a playmaker, a facilitator. That in itself is valuable. It's not a case of hey he cant shoot so play off and he has to pass it and then stand there. No he'll set up people with his passing ability. I do agree his lack of outside game will be something that could keep him from being elite. But if he were to develop that then you'll kick yourself passing him up probably.

You got guys like Draymond Green playing PF doing trip dubs, avg almost a trip dub. One game had 16 assists. How many PFs have done that before? Not to prop him up as a star (imo he's not) just saying if Draymond can do numbers then Ben can't?

IGOTGAME
01-06-2016, 12:20 AM
Does he though?

Since when do you develop certain attributes as an athlete at the age of 19 or 20?

Ingram is long and lanky, which is great, but he doesn't have a great first step, doesn't have the movement or explosiveness seen by other great top prospects. Seems like one of those "potential" picks based on something that more than likely won't amount.

You can teach Simmons to shoot IMO. You can't teach someone to be a freak athlete.

Durant ended up being a freak athlete. He was projected to be a below average athlete. With Ingram I see someone who hasn't fully grown into his body yet.

Hopefully Simmons can learn to become a decent shooter. We will see...there has to be some reason why he hasn't even become a passable shooter with all the elite level training he has had up to this point (Australian National team, too prep school etc.) id really like to see more of his jumper but he just won't shoot it.

midatlantic09
01-06-2016, 12:21 AM
Does he though?

Almost no one who couldn't shoot previously ends up improving their shooting drastically. He'll probably improve a bit, but only to the point where he's an "okay" or "acceptable" shooter.

plowking
01-06-2016, 12:22 AM
Durant ended up being a freak athlete. He was projected to be a below average athlete. With Ingram I see someone who hasn't fully grown into his body yet.

Durant always had a quick first step though.

CJ Mustard
01-06-2016, 12:24 AM
Ingram is a really, really good athlete though. I don't know what qualifies as a freak athlete in your eyes (neither Simmons or Ingram are Westbrook/Lebron like athletes, if that's what you're talking about), but he's no less athletic than Simmons.

IGOTGAME
01-06-2016, 12:25 AM
Durant always had a quick first step though.

Ingram seems to have a good first step from what I've seen. The difference is that he doesn't have the jumper and quick release that Durant did. Also, I don't think Ingram is a Durant level guy. Just went back and watched some Durant and he was a monster (much better than either Simmons or Ingram)

plowking
01-06-2016, 12:32 AM
Ingram seems to have a good first step from what I've seen. The difference is that he doesn't have the jumper and quick release that Durant did. Also, I don't think Ingram is a Durant level guy. Just went back and watched some Durant and he was a monster (much better than either Simmons or Ingram)

Simmons to me will be one of those 24/7/7 guys in the pros.

I mean people are harping on him for not shooting enough, yet he is putting up 20/13 in college. :oldlol:

His passing is insane man. I don't think you give him enough credit. He is on the Durant level as a talent IMO. Whether he becomes as good is up to what happens in the future.

He really does dominate games even when he isn't putting up stats. Tonight in the 2nd half was a good example too.

OG LeeTSkeeT
01-06-2016, 12:34 AM
what about josh jackson.

midatlantic09
01-06-2016, 12:44 AM
what about josh jackson.

Saw him play last summer and he looked awful. It'll take a lot for me to change my mind about him.

IGOTGAME
01-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Saw him play last summer and he looked awful. It'll take a lot for me to change my mind about him.
He looked good when o saw him in Brooklyn. He wasn't on a Ben Simmons level but still looked good.

Cocaine80s
01-06-2016, 12:54 AM
Hope Sixers pass on Ingram and draft Simmons.... another straight lottery year :oldlol:

Ingram is the next KD. Everyone saying hes too slow didnt watch KD back in Texas either

FreezingTsmoove
01-06-2016, 02:12 AM
Please do not compare body types with Ingram and Simmons.

If you compare Ingram to Simmons when he was Ingrams age Simmons is slightly bigger

They will both be huge freaks in their adult bodies

dhsilv
01-06-2016, 02:17 AM
This is the worst Kentucky team in a long time.

UK made the NIT just a few years ago...this team isn't THAT bad.

CJ Mustard
01-06-2016, 02:20 AM
UK made the NIT just a few years ago...this team isn't THAT bad.
Because Noel went down.

dhsilv
01-06-2016, 02:47 AM
Because Noel went down.

Your point?

CJ Mustard
01-06-2016, 02:55 AM
Your point?
This Kentucky teams is 100% healthy, and is mediocre as ****.

PP34Deuce
01-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Everything about this kid screams Blake Griffin.

Similar hype
light skin mulatto don't care
super athletic
not real long arms
all around game
game comes easy to them.

ShawkFactory
01-06-2016, 10:57 AM
This Kentucky teams is 100% healthy, and is mediocre as ****.
By the time the tournament comes around they'll almost certainly be better than they were 3 years ago, even if Noel was healthy.

Skal needs to gain some confidence and Murray needs to become more assertive throughout the game.

And Briscoe needs to learn how to shoot even slightly. It's embarrassing.

midatlantic09
01-06-2016, 11:04 AM
Everything about this kid screams Blake Griffin.

Similar hype
light skin mulatto don't care
super athletic
not real long arms
all around game
game comes easy to them.

Simmons isn't nearly as athletic as Griffin. Simmons has the same level of athleticism as Scottie Pippen....athletic, but not exactly an athletic freak.

Fallen Angel
01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Watched a good chunk of the game.

Ben Simmons didn't mind deferring for his hot teammates who just killed Kentucky on the inside. Even with him deferring, Kentucky still continued to double him off the ball when he was posting up, that's how dangerous he is.

He scores like Magic and passes like Lebron. His mindset is somewhere in between to where in Magic's case he doesn't feel the need to force points on the board with his scoring and in Lebron's case where he's comfortable with his teammates taking over games on their own.

His defense can be slightly below All-Defensive tier. He has the shot blocking ability, sense of rebounding, and is strong enough to battle in the low post.

So many great players can be compared to him: Lebron, Magic, Grant Hill, Blake Griffin.

He is the consensus number 1 pick.

Fallen Angel
01-06-2016, 06:07 PM
On the other side, Skal was trash in that game.

He was one of the top high school players of his class, I don't know what's up with him or why he was ranked so highly.

Hittin_Shots
01-06-2016, 06:59 PM

He was one of the top high school players of his class, I don't know what's up with him or why he was ranked so highly.
Wants to drop to a contender?

IGOTGAME
01-06-2016, 09:47 PM
I don't have anything really against the recent duke teams but they get away with a lot.

Milbuck
01-06-2016, 09:56 PM
Wants to drop to a contender?
The #1 pick this past year (Towns) is gonna get 26 mil over his rookie contract. The first pick by a contender imo was OKC w/ Payne at #14, who is gonna get just under 10 mil. We're talking 16 mil he'd be tanking his way out of.

Skal just kinda sucks. Extremely soft. Maybe he adds bulk or starts playing with fire but right now he's really not good.

SwishSquared
01-07-2016, 03:43 AM
The #1 pick this past year (Towns) is gonna get 26 mil over his rookie contract. The first pick by a contender imo was OKC w/ Payne at #14, who is gonna get just under 10 mil. We're talking 16 mil he'd be tanking his way out of.

Skal just kinda sucks. Extremely soft. Maybe he adds bulk or starts playing with fire but right now he's really not good.He's also a pretty old freshman right? He's got time to rebuild his draft stock but like you said- he's really underwhelming right now.

FreezingTsmoove
01-07-2016, 03:53 AM

Hes a great player just chose the wrong school

bdreason
01-07-2016, 04:50 AM
I just lost to Ben Simmons in the '17/'18 NBA Finals. He was on the Celtics with Klay Thompson, Chandler Parsons, Marcin Gortat, Taj Gibson, and some Rookie named Frank Ntilikina... who almost averaged a trip-dub and apparently is a real life prospect. :oldlol:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Frank-Ntilikina-77051/stats/

Ben Simmons Finals MVP

16.6 / 9.8 / 8.2 / 1.6 / 1.6 on 51/60/88%

IGOTGAME
01-09-2016, 04:32 PM
How is Simmons looking today?

GOBB
01-09-2016, 04:35 PM
How is Simmons looking today?

Same, all to the rack. He did attempt a jumper first half.

GOBB
01-09-2016, 04:39 PM
Recent possession Ben has an iso on the wing. Defender backs up off him. Ben dribbling dribbling. Had an easy pull up jumper. He decides to attack rim and loses ball. :facepalm

Celtics would work with Ben Simmons. Perfect fit. Sixers? No way he plays SF.

bdreason
01-09-2016, 04:40 PM
It's been a sloppy game. Lost of fouls. Lots of TO's.

Simmons has looked pretty good. Still not taking jumpers, so his game on the perimeter is predictable (IMO). The guy sure does stat stuff though.

28/17/4 with a minute to go. Has scored the Tigers last 12 points. Leads the team in every statistical category.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 04:41 PM
I think Simmons can average a double double his rookie season

IGOTGAME
01-09-2016, 04:45 PM
Makes you realize how good of a talent Lebron was...he was a lot better than Simmons when he graduated high school.

Wonder what kind of stats he would have put up

GOBB
01-09-2016, 04:50 PM
I think Simmons can average a double double his rookie season

Double digit rebounds? Stop it.

GOBB
01-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Makes you realize how good of a talent Lebron was...he was a lot better than Simmons when he graduated high school.

Wonder what kind of stats he would have put up

Word.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 05:00 PM
Double digit rebounds? Stop it.
I think so. He has the size, and presence to rebound the ball so he can start the break on his own. In the NBA he should be playing more toward the paint ala Blake Griffin, so the opportunities will be there.

If he gets starter minutes then he should average no less that 7 rebounds his rookie year.

midatlantic09
01-09-2016, 05:01 PM
I don't see Simmons's game translating well in the NBA...at least not to the extent many others think it will translate.

Pushxx
01-09-2016, 05:02 PM
Recent possession Ben has an iso on the wing. Defender backs up off him. Ben dribbling dribbling. Had an easy pull up jumper. He decides to attack rim and loses ball. :facepalm

Celtics would work with Ben Simmons. Perfect fit. Sixers? No way he plays SF.

Yep that's his problem: if he wants to be a top 10 NBA player, he needs a mid-range game.

He doesn't have the post moves and countermoves to live within 10 feet in the NBA forever.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 05:06 PM
I want to see someone break down Blake Griffin's game in his rookie season where he just dominated statistically.

bdreason
01-09-2016, 05:07 PM
I'd guess his rookie stats will look more like 15/5/5 on low efficiency. NBA is a tough transition.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 05:08 PM
A starting 6'10 PF averaging 5 rebounds per game is just pitiful

bdreason
01-09-2016, 05:11 PM
I want to see someone break down Blake Griffin's game in his rookie season where he just dominated statistically.

Don't forget that Griffin had a year of NBA training before playing his rookie season.

bdreason
01-09-2016, 05:15 PM
A starting 6'10 PF averaging 5 rebounds per game is just pitiful

LeBron James averaged 5.5 RPG his rookie season... playing almost 40 MPG. The way teams are playing these days (deep), I would guess Simmons will see maybe 30-32 MPG tops his first season.

Simmons isn't close to the athlete that Griffin is/was. I don't see Simmons ever averaging double-digit rebounds for a season.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 05:35 PM
Simmons' game is different than Lebron.

Lebron is way more perimeter oriented, guys like Magic Johnson, Blake Griffin, and Grant Hill all averaged morw rebounds than Lebron. At 6'10 240lbs., if Simmons can't beat Grant Hill's 6 RPG then there's something wrong with him.

These are 6'10 rookies who've played 25 minutes per game: http://bkref.com/tiny/DtfhA

I don't think Simmons is the type of player to average anything less than 7 rebounds per game.

FreezingTsmoove
01-09-2016, 06:07 PM
Announcers today mentioned today was just his 4th road game in his life

Australia plays in neutral sites and Montverde of course only plays home games and neutral site road games

Cocaine80s
01-09-2016, 06:13 PM
Australian ISHers gobbling Simmons balls hard

Dude will bust like Exum

Ingram and Brown will be much better

GOBB
01-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Blake came out of college having shown a midrange jumper. It was something there for a team to say ok this is what needs to be worked on and for Blake to put in that work. Ben is coming out of college where u can count on two hands how many mid range and 3pt shots he has attempted. That's not an exaggeration. He shot 3 total 3pt attempts thus far. And midrange I saw one today but from the games I've watched? Counted 0. Maybe in the games I didn't see he shot 1 or 2? Pretty sure end of the season some draft site will have an exact amount. But I bet it'll be low as hell.

Blake rookie season stat chart

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/griffbl01/shooting/2011/

32% mid range, 29% 3pt. Blake shot the ball man. The %'s aren't great but he put the shots up. Ben isn't putting the shots up.

Has there been a prospect to come straight from college attempting a low amount of jumpers (from any range doesn't have to be 3) that developed a jumper?

In his defense he shoots decent from the FT line. 74%.

And Sixers have Oak who probably took 3 jumpers his entire college season. And in the NBA he has 80 times that many attempts. Shoots better than Noel.

Hate to harp on his lack of outside game. I only do so because I agree with this posters comment...

Yep that's his problem: if he wants to be a top 10 NBA player, he needs a mid-range game.

He doesn't have the post moves and countermoves to live within 10 feet in the NBA forever.

I'm looking at Ben as purely a potentially elite player and for him to get there he needs to add some form of an outside game.

I'm not claiming he will be a bust, I wouldn't draft him with the #1 pick if I'm the Sixers. Just pointing out an area of his game I wish he would attempt more of. Teams are giving him the pull up jumper. Try it. U dont have to shoot it every time its given, but try it. It's always going to be there. But with him it's basically head down to the rim or looks to pass. That's cool but I just wish he wouldn't wait to get to the NBA for him to say "Ok, now I got to start trying to shoot.". Use college. And who knows maybe you hit? Maybe confidence comes with it or a comfort zone in taking it? What could it hurt today if instead of driving and losing the ball causing a turnover you took the pull up jumper? :confusedshrug:

Ben Simmons jumper is a mystery. I'm not even saying dude can't shoot. He doesn't to give us an idea if he can or can't.

Thats my rant for the evening. :D

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 07:05 PM
Blake came out of college having shown a midrange jumper. It was something there for a team to say ok this is what needs to be worked on and for Blake to put in that work. Ben is coming out of college where u can count on two hands how many mid range and 3pt shots he has attempted. That's not an exaggeration. He shot 3 total 3pt attempts thus far. And midrange I saw one today but from the games I've watched? Counted 0. Maybe in the games I didn't see he shot 1 or 2? Pretty sure end of the season some draft site will have an exact amount. But I bet it'll be low as hell.

32% mid range, 29% 3pt. Blake shot the ball man. The %'s aren't great but he put the shots up. Ben isn't putting the shots up.

Has there been a prospect to come straight from college attempting a low amount of jumpers (from any range doesn't have to be 3) that developed a jumper?

And Sixers have Oak who probably took 3 jumpers his entire college season. And in the NBA he has 80 times that many attempts. Shoots better than Noel.

Hate to harp on his lack of outside game. I only do so because I agree with this posters comment...

I'm looking at Ben as purely a potentially elite player and for him to get there he needs to add some form of an outside game.

I'm not claiming he will be a bust, I wouldn't draft him with the #1 pick if I'm the Sixers. Just pointing out an area of his game I wish he would attempt more of. Teams are giving him the pull up jumper. Try it. U dont have to shoot it every time its given, but try it. It's always going to be there. But with him it's basically head down to the rim or looks to pass. That's cool but I just wish he wouldn't wait to get to the NBA for him to say "Ok, now I got to start trying to shoot.". Use college. And who knows maybe you hit? Maybe confidence comes with it or a comfort zone in taking it? What could it hurt today if instead of driving and losing the ball causing a turnover you took the pull up jumper? :confusedshrug:

Ben Simmons jumper is a mystery. I'm not even saying dude can't shoot. He doesn't to give us an idea if he can or can't.

Thats my rant for the evening. :D
Good points.

I do think players always come into the league as better jumpshooters then they were in college if the put the work in. Simmons may not be confident in his jumper as of now, but teams are gonna work on his shot and get him to start taking outside shots.

Nobody knows how good of a shooter he'll be in the pros, but defenses and his own coaches are going to encourage him to shoot the ball way more than he's doing right now in LSU.

IGOTGAME
01-09-2016, 07:08 PM
Does anyone think Bens lack of confidence in his jumper at 19 says something about him as a player? This isn't some guy new to basketball, he has been playing on the Australian national team for a decent amount of time.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 07:15 PM
Well, he is near unguardable when driving hard to the rim. He's shooting a great percentage from the field and his advanced stats shows the offense is still better with him on the floor even his his passive jumpshot.

He is exploiting the best part of his game, so it's hard to criticize him for doing that even if his scoring isn't the prettiest.

IGOTGAME
01-09-2016, 07:25 PM
Well, he is near unguardable when driving hard to the rim. He's shooting a great percentage from the field and his advanced stats shows the offense is still better with him on the floor even his his passive jumpshot.

He is exploiting the best part of his game, so it's hard to criticize him for doing that even if his scoring isn't the prettiest.

He is a great talent...but what kind of player just doesn't feel comfortable shooting a 8 foot jumpshot. Its not like LSU wouldnt be a better team if teams had to respect him. Do you think he thinks his jumper is broken?

He is a great player but this is a bit weird. Wish there was a way to watch the first part of this game.

Fallen Angel
01-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Yeah, it's weird. That mentality won't stick in the NBA.

SwishSquared
01-09-2016, 11:01 PM

Thats my rant for the evening. :DThat's why your 76ers should trade Okafor + assets on draft night to scoop up both Ingram and Simmons :D

CJ Mustard
01-10-2016, 10:40 AM
From the one jumper I saw Simmons attempt...my god his form is awful. How do you even start shooting like that? He'll never be a good shooter unless he changes his mechanics altogether.

IGOTGAME
01-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Simmons and Ingram are both on ESPN tonight back to back

Fallen Angel
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKxT9JYODGk

IGOTGAME
01-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Looked pretty bad on both sides of the ball tonight. Seems to pound the ball on offense. He has some of Lebrons worst habits in him but may not be as gifted a passer

plowking
01-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Looked pretty bad on both sides of the ball tonight. Seems to pound the ball on offense. He has some of Lebrons worst habits in him but may not be as gifted a passer

You watch a fair bit of college ball?

What do you think of Buddy Hield as a prospect? Is he dominating like most seniors would be expected to? Any particular weaknesses to his game?

IGOTGAME
01-20-2016, 12:15 AM

What do you think of Buddy Hield as a prospect? Is he dominating like most seniors would be expected to? Any particular weaknesses to his game?

been watching Duke/LSU/Kentucky this year. Only seen about 10 minutes of Hield so I can't speak on him. From what I saw I was impressed though.

plowking
01-20-2016, 12:18 AM
Only been watching Duke/LSU/Kentucky this year. Only seen about 10 minutes of Hield so I can't speak on him. From what I saw I was impressed though.

Seems an interesting prospect. Only reason I was really wondering is because he will more than likely end up somewhere in the Heat's territory for picks, and he seems like he would be a nice pick up as someone to take on Wade's role once he retires.

SwishSquared
01-20-2016, 12:19 AM

What do you think of Buddy Hield as a prospect? Is he dominating like most seniors would be expected to? Any particular weaknesses to his game?Some smart college bball people I talked to said he's only a shooter/chucker. No D, doesn't create for others, etc. One dimensional according to them. Heck of a shooter though.
Seems an interesting prospect. Only reason I was really wondering is because he will more than likely end up somewhere in the Heat's territory for picks, and he seems like he would be a nice pick up as someone to take on Wade's role once he retires.Your pick goes to Philly if it's outside of the top 10, in case you didn't know/remember.

BigMacAttack
01-20-2016, 12:24 AM

He needs more help:pimp:

GOBB
01-20-2016, 12:44 AM
Starting to warm up to Ingram man I dunno. Maybe because I'm a Sixers fan looking at need. Only thing I want to see from Ingram is attempting more pull up jumpers and defending better.

That's why your 76ers should trade Okafor + assets on draft night to scoop up both Ingram and Simmons :D

I would love this. :bowdown:

And if Embiid were to pan out. :banana:

:lol

plowking
01-20-2016, 01:02 AM
Some smart college bball people I talked to said he's only a shooter/chucker. No D, doesn't create for others, etc. One dimensional according to them. Heck of a shooter though.Your pick goes to Philly if it's outside of the top 10, in case you didn't know/remember.

Yeah, I just had a look after... I hope they do something to get a pick in the draft after they realize the constant disappointment each season is a growing trend.

SwishSquared
01-20-2016, 01:04 AM
Starting to warm up to Ingram man I dunno. Maybe because I'm a Sixers fan looking at need. Only thing I want to see from Ingram is attempting more pull up jumpers and defending better.

I would love this. :bowdown:

And if Embiid were to pan out. :banana:

:lolYeah haha why worry about one or the other when you can get both!

Well, even 1 of those guys paired with Noel is a good foundation. Let alone both. Embiid would be gravy at that point