PDA

View Full Version : Kobe hits 3 straight clutch shots over LeBron, including game-winner (2006)

catch24
01-06-2016, 03:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMCA_sJuTo

Holy phuck.. I spoke about demoralizing teams in another thread, just look @ Lebron's face after the last dagger. :oldlol: What can he do? What can anyone do when Kobe strings together shots like that? The answer is nothing.

- 81 point game
- 62 in 3 quarters against an NBA finalist
- six 50+ point games (not including the playoffs where he dropped 50 vs phx)
- twenty six 40+ point games
- averaged 40ppg for an entire month

People have short term memory, and are always looking for the "what have you done for me lately" player. Kobe was THAT dude in 2006. The MJ heir apparent.

NZStreetBaller
01-06-2016, 03:57 AM
Not to mention that the plays in between kobes last 3 shots had absolutely nothing to do with lebron yet his team mates stepped up. Then when lebron got to the line he missed a freethrow. (Which ladies and gentlemen is a completely unguarded well practiced shot that you can yake your time with). And then he misses the last shot with kobe guarding him roflmao.

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 03:58 AM
1 mvp and only two rings as the man?

not impressed

Mr. Jabbar
01-06-2016, 04:01 AM
jizzed all over lequits face :lol :lol

catch24
01-06-2016, 04:05 AM
Not to mention that the plays in between kobes last 3 shots had absolutely nothing to do with lebron yet his team mates stepped up. Then when lebron got to the line he missed a freethrow. (Which ladies and gentlemen is a completely unguarded well practiced shot that you can yake your time with). And then he misses the last shot with kobe guarding him roflmao.

I wasn't really comparing him to LeBron, they're both great, I just feel that this particular sequence is phucking insane. The degree of difficulty on those last two attempts were ridiculous.

These shots and the circus daggers against Phoenix in 2010 are ones only ONE other player could make, and he's retired doing bad hanes commercials. :lol

Kobe's 2006 season and ability in general get taken for granted.

inclinerator
01-06-2016, 04:09 AM
that's the only win kobe has over lebron

ballinhun8
01-06-2016, 04:12 AM

not impressed

4 losses on the biggest stage.

Not impressed.

He ain't handsome either.

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 04:12 AM
4 losses on the biggest stage.

Not impressed.

He ain't handsome either.
Following me around the forum? sad

ballinhun8
01-06-2016, 04:19 AM

Relax yourself.

I login and view the most recent threads. You just happen to be in everyone. I mean you have 22k posts for a reason. You never log off.

NZStreetBaller
01-06-2016, 04:29 AM
Relax yourself.

I login and view the most recent threads. You just happen to be in everyone. I mean you have 22k posts for a reason. You never log off.

Lmao owned

warriorfan
01-06-2016, 04:35 AM
Rest In Jizz :roll:

Combat Wombat
01-06-2016, 04:35 AM
Relax yourself.

:roll:

warriorfan
01-06-2016, 04:36 AM
Relax yourself.

Oh shit we have an Aussie down...

Mr Feeny
01-06-2016, 04:53 AM
that's the only win kobe has over lebron

Post their head to head records.

Lebron leads 14-6, has more points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks and shoots a better percentage.
The definition of owning someone :lebronamazed:
Kobo just freezes when he sees LeTHICK :lebronamazed:

Mr Feeny
01-06-2016, 04:55 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcMCA_sJuTo

People have short term memory, and are always looking for the "what have you done for me lately" player. Kobe was THAT dude in 2006. The MJ heir apparent.

The MJ heir apparent only has one 50 point playoff game? And that was an OT against the no defense suns? :lol
MJ heir apparent has 1 mvp in 20 years of basketball, 1/5 of Jordan's scoring titles, 1/3 of his FMVPs and 1/5 of his MVP's?:lol

:lebronamazed:

HOoopCityJones
01-06-2016, 05:03 AM
Feeny meltdown has begun.

catch24
01-06-2016, 05:04 AM
The MJ heir apparent only has one 50 point playoff game? And that was an OT against the no defense suns? :lol
MJ heir apparent has 1 mvp in 20 years of basketball, 1/5 of Jordan's scoring titles, 1/3 of his FMVPs and 1/5 of his MVP's?:lol

:lebronamazed:

Not saying Kobe is Jordan, but that year dude had TONS of scoring records just like MJ did at his best, hence the "heir apparent" quip (i was being somewhat facetious :lol)

Kobe will never match Jordan's consistency and dominance, but for that one particular season, he was like the Miller light version of Miller draft lol

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 05:14 AM
Relax yourself.

Keeping tabs on me, ew. Australia Chicago fan, you and poido are the biggest bandwagoners.

ShaqTwizzle
01-06-2016, 05:26 AM
Not saying Kobe is Jordan, but that year dude had TONS of scoring records just like MJ did at his best, hence the "heir apparent" quip (i was being somewhat facetious :lol)

Kobe will never match Jordan's consistency and dominance, but for that one particular season, he was like the Miller light version of Miller draft lol

How do you feel about Iverson's 06 season?

Ivy averaged 33 / 7.4-apg on 54%TS
----------
Kobe averaged 35 / 4.4-apg on 56%TS

SpaceJam
01-06-2016, 05:31 AM
Relax yourself.

:oldlol: :oldlol:

NZStreetBaller
01-06-2016, 06:15 AM
Post their head to head records.

Lebron leads 14-6, has more points, assists, rebounds, steals and blocks and shoots a better percentage.
The definition of owning someone :lebronamazed:
Kobo just freezes when he sees LeTHICK :lebronamazed:

This thread is about one particular game. If u wanna talk about others go make another thread.

plowking
01-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Can anyone remember what game it was against each other where there were some terrible calls going against the Lakers in the final stretch of the game, and the Laker fans started throwing stuff on the court? If I can remember correct, I think it may have been around Christmas time, or could have even been a Christmas game.

Was it in 2008 or 2009?

Doranku
01-06-2016, 07:58 AM
Can anyone remember what game it was against each other where there were some terrible calls going against the Lakers in the final stretch of the game, and the Laker fans started throwing stuff on the court? If I can remember correct, I think it may have been around Christmas time, or could have even been a Christmas game.

Was it in 2008 or 2009?

Christmas 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfzvlgMcNE

Relax yourself.

:oldlol:

plowking
01-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Christmas 2009.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfzvlgMcNE

:oldlol:

I remember turning that shit off. Some of the calls in that game were ridiculously one sided and bad. It almost used to alternate back in those days between the two depending who the poster boy at the time was. That game was one of the worst I remember though.

knicksman
01-06-2016, 08:22 AM

not impressed

Betas talking about standards. Lol when theyre already giddy with ringchasers ring and 2/6:yaohappy:

Mr Feeny
01-06-2016, 10:26 AM

Haha fine I'm giving you a tough time. You're less insufferable than most Kobe stans to be fair:oldlol: :cheers:

Mr Feeny
01-06-2016, 10:28 AM

Was it in 2008 or 2009?

Christmas 2009. They were upset about the way the Cavs just seemed to want it more than their players. It wasn't about any calls. Van gundy on commentary called the Laker fans spoilt and entitled.

Lebron gave a speech in a team huddle in the final minute, in which he seemed non-chalent about the win, as if it was no big deal.

Showtime2001
01-06-2016, 10:38 AM
Feeny and JohnFreeman melting down as usual nothing new here.

:lol

Cold soul
01-06-2016, 11:12 AM
Relax yourself.

Ouch destroyed. :oldlol:

ImKobe
01-06-2016, 12:45 PM
I thought the 2012 game vs Heat right after all-star game where Wade broke Kobe's nose was even better

masked bean destroyed the Heat and Bran flopped and fell over some grandma's feet :kobe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ix5EeEYms

Kobe has had some memorable moments against Bran but the h2h record has been skewed due to Lakers falling off past 2010 and Lebron going to Miami, still some good games there though.

riseagainst
01-06-2016, 12:49 PM

2.5 years and 22k posts.

:biggums:

NBASTATMAN
01-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Great shots and Lebron choked on the free throw line... But this would be it for that match up... Lebron has dominated ever since.... To me I love watching Durant vs Lebron the most...

Mr Feeny
01-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Great shots and Lebron choked on the free throw line... But this would be it for that match up... Lebron has dominated ever since.... To me I love watching Durant vs Lebron the most...

Agreed. Lebron vs Kobe is too lopsided in Lebron's favor. It's boring. Team wins. Every single single individual stat etc etc

Lebron and Durant trade wins and their number are closer though I belive Lebron still has a better h2h record.

Megabox!
01-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Lebron vs Wade in their younger days was always great too.

HOoopCityJones
01-06-2016, 02:25 PM
2.5 years and 22k posts.

:biggums:

No life.

TheImmortal
01-06-2016, 03:00 PM
No life.
Yup

sportjames23
01-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Relax yourself.

Damn, me and dude's registration went through in the same month and year, and he's got almost 14,000 more posts than me. :oldlol:

AnaheimLakers24
01-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Relax yourself.

Holy shit lol

knicksman
01-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Agreed. Lebron vs Kobe is too lopsided in Lebron's favor. It's boring. Team wins. Every single single individual stat etc etc

Lebron and Durant trade wins and their number are closer though I belive Lebron still has a better h2h record.
:yaohappy: bran at its best- Regular season