PDA

View Full Version : Want to stop the GSW? its simpler than you thought

retaxis
01-06-2016, 05:39 AM
Spurs are going to destroy the GSW in the playoffs and its actually quite simple. Coaches haven't figured it out yet (besides Pop) but 5 things Combined will allow Spurs to annihilate the GSW in the playoffs.

1. full ball denial stops ball movement and when you stop ball movement you force a team like GSW to play 1 on 1 and they are not great 1 on 1 players like the 2012 heat were.

Leonard face guards Curry and man handles him all game
Green face guards Klay all game

there goes 90% of your ball movement at once and don't forget to put full court pressure on as well.

2. Make the back court run. Patty Mills and Danny Green ( who steph and Klay) will be guarding will be doing loops from the corner 3 to the top of the arc to the opposite 45 and back to the corner 3 and repeat 100x a game running through screens set by Tim Duncan and LMA ALL GAME LONG (like what Detroit did to Lakers in 04 finals).

Idea is to prevent ball movement through ball denial and wear out the backcourts forcing them to chase and run through screens all game. This will work as Patty and Danny can both shoot the 3 ball very well.

3. So now you have eliminated the effect of the GSW backcourt therefore you are gaming that your front court will beat the GSW front court. I can safely attest that a combination of Duncan, LMA and Kwahi playing the 2 low post and 1 high post triangle using the high-low game will destroy the much shorter and weaker frontcourt of the GSW. Imagine Duncan and LMA muscling down in opposite ends of the low post against Green and Igoudala with Kwahi at the elbow. Its going to be a foul or bucket every..time....down because we have 3 cerebral all-stars in the Spurs frontcourt. Patty/Gino/Green will also make wide open 3s so don't worry about that either.

4. Playing the way demonstrated in point 3, even if Spurs were to miss, there would essentially be no fast break points allowed as the misses will be grind out ones short at the rim or bounces slightly off the rim meaning GSW are going to have to run their offence and be drained/tired and worn down.

So whats the adjustment for the GSW? What can they do to counter the 4 above mentioned? I can't see Steph and Klay running through screens all game chasing their players and being hounded by Green/Kwahi and still being able to play at super star levels. There is literally no one Steph or Klay can sit back and take it easy on. Are they going to leave Duncan/Claw/LMA open? hell no

Hit me back on GSW adjustments and tell me what yall think.

90sgoat
01-06-2016, 06:01 AM
I agree, GSW are excellent at breaking down the game into semi break situations.

SyRyanYang
01-06-2016, 06:28 AM
Spurs are going to destroy the GSW in the playoffs and its actually quite simple. Coaches haven't figured it out yet (besides Pop) but 5 things Combined will allow Spurs to annihilate the GSW in the playoffs.

They haven't even met and Pop figured it out already?

1. full ball denial stops ball movement and when you stop ball movement you force a team like GSW to play 1 on 1 and they are not great 1 on 1 players like the 2012 heat were.

Ever heard of back-cuts? Warriors are excellent at those, with Bogut or Green at high post.

Warriors would be stupid to let Curry go 1 on 1 against Leonard. They'd run a gazillion screens to get him free.
Spurs would be stupid to put Leonard on Curry too. They'd put Green on Curry and Leonard on Draymond, this eliminates Warriors' most effective pnr.

2. Make the back court run. Patty Mills and Danny Green

Patty Mill isn't starting and Green has been shit shooting the ball:facepalm

3. Imagine Duncan and LMA muscling down in opposite ends of the low post against Green and Igoudala with Kwahi at the elbow.

Why would Duncan amd LMA match against Green Iggy. Ever heard of this guy called Bogut? He's a pretty good defender.

Seriously I can't be bothered to respond to the rest of you retarded points.

Yes you are quite right that Spurs are looking to be the Warriros' biggest threat to the title but you're making it sound wayyy too easy.

VengefulAngel
01-06-2016, 06:30 AM
Do you want to stop the GSW? It's simpler than you thought.

retaxis
01-06-2016, 07:05 AM
They haven't even met and Pop figured it out already?

Ever heard of back-cuts? Warriors are excellent at those, with Bogut or Green at high post.

Warriors would be stupid to let Curry go 1 on 1 against Leonard. They'd run a gazillion screens to get him free.
Spurs would be stupid to put Leonard on Curry too. They'd put Green on Curry and Leonard on Draymond, this eliminates Warriors' most effective pnr.

Patty Mill isn't starting and Green has been shit shooting the ball:facepalm

Why would Duncan amd LMA match against Green Iggy. Ever heard of this guy called Bogut? He's a pretty good defender.

Seriously I can't be bothered to respond to the rest of you retarded points.

Yes you are quite right that Spurs are looking to be the Warriros' biggest threat to the title but you're making it sound wayyy too easy.
Your not making any sense man Bogut is a net loss if they play him because then they lose a 3pt shooter which means they can not play small ball which is their most effective line up with harrison barnes at the 3 and iggy at the 4.

Green is in a shooting slump which all players go into

what back cuts are you talking about? The backcuts are off positive ball movement and being face guarded and forced to play defence non stop means your not getting easy back cuts against a team which is arguably the father of the Spurs (we all know Kerr copied from Pop).
and lastly no one cares who is starting that changes the moment you go into the playoffs and make adjustments (mills better 3pt shooter than parker). I think i am talking to a little boy here who doesn't know what basketball or winning is. Hit me back if you have any real adjustments or actual game plan (as you have demonstrated you have no concept of basketball whatsoever) besides..."oh he is not a starter" Neither was IGGY all last season and he was starter in the finals and FMVP.:sleeping :sleeping

Hopper15
01-06-2016, 07:22 AM
You can put Leonard on Curry all you want. Parker is who the Warriors are going to attack and you won't be able to hide him defensively.

Clifton
01-06-2016, 07:26 AM

But what happens is they cut. Instead of a Curry 3 you have a Curry layup. Or, you have your whole team waiting to react to Curry's offball movement, which results in a Bogut lob or someone else's open jumper.

And if guys do have to go one on one, great. You have Klay, Curry, or Barnes in an iso situation, usually against a mismatch, which usually results in a good look.

Other teams have tried this stuff. Muscling Curry, too. It only slows him down a little bit.

What the Spurs (and any other team who wants to beat GSW) need to do is pay attention to Draymond Green. Put your best able defender on him. He's not the best player, but it's his passing, especially off the pick and roll, that generates those truly awful Golden State runs. It's always 4-on-3, always a lob or an open 3, because you have to double Curry hard or else he's crossing up your center and causing even bigger problems.

Penny37
01-06-2016, 08:34 AM

Wow, you figured it out! I'm surprised you haven't been recruited by NBA execs, yet!

Surely you are much smarter than the 29 coaches in the NBA who have been in the sport for decades. Someone get this man an agent!

Penny37
01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
How to stop the Spurs:

1) Don't let the bigs score
2) Stop Leonard
3) Limit bench production

Look! I can be a coach, too!

chocolatethunder
01-06-2016, 08:44 AM
This thread definitely qualifies as one of the all time dumbest threads on ISH and that's saying a lot.

ShaqTwizzle
01-06-2016, 08:53 AM
You want be millionaire?
It easier then you think.
Call now.

Hopper15
01-06-2016, 09:26 AM
How to stop the Spurs:

2) Stop Leonard

:oldlol:

iamgine
01-06-2016, 09:45 AM
How to stop the Spurs:

2) Stop Leonard

pfft you dont use long wall of text. Fail.

Gileraracer
01-06-2016, 09:52 AM
Why aren't you an NBA coach? You are a genious :lol

FrobeShaw
01-06-2016, 09:52 AM
How to stop the Spurs:

2) Stop Leonard

:lol

PP34Deuce
01-06-2016, 10:36 AM
The issue is discipline. Cleveland played the Warriors perfect last playoffs and ultimately it takes a lot of focus and discipline with the right personnel.

The spurs definitely have the personnel and discipline but it's going to be hard when you have a team that can grind it out and even shoot out with you.

No one in history of the game has had 2 starting dead eye shooters that can go one on one. Klay and Steph are above great shooters. Defense always has to be on its heel.

Then you have Green who can play bully ball or now go out and make a decent 3.

Then you have their second unit that's mostly a great defensive unit that can bog you down until the starters come back in. The one thing I notice about that team is they don't give you time to stick to your plan. When cleveland went on a run with warriors starters in the game, coach puts in livingston and iggy lineup and your offense bogs down. It's quite surgical how they do it.

3ball
01-06-2016, 11:32 AM
The Warriors have the best offense in the league specifically because they shoot 42.2% from three-point land - this is a whopping 4 percentage points higher than the #2 team.

The Warriors shoot this high percentage at high volume (they're basically tied with houston for 1st in volume, except houston only shoots 35% on threes).

If an opponent could reduce the Warriors' 3-point percentage so it's closer to the Rockets 35%, the Warriors wouldn't be that good.. So that's the key to beating the Warriors - reduce their 3-point percentage to a "normal" 3-point percentage - if you can't do that, you can't beat them.

How do you do that?... You have to reduce the 3-point percentage of Curry/Klay specifically, since they account for 62% of the Warriors threes and they both shoot 44% - it's simply impossible to beat the Warriors with 2 guys shooting that well from three at such a high volume.. So I'd tell my team to have a "give up layups" approach on those 2 guys - don't EVER play them straight up - deny the 3-pointer so hard, and close out so hard, that you're giving them layups and midrange.

Curry/Klay need to shoot 67% on the midrange and layups to equal their 44% on 3-pointers.. They can't do this because they only shoot 44% from midrange (65% on layups)... More than half of these guys' shots is 3-pointers - that's how they dominate - they can't dominate on 2-pointers.. What is this - 1985?.. :rolleyes:

ClipperRevival
01-06-2016, 11:45 AM
The Warriors have the best offense in the league specifically because they shoot 42.2% from three-point land - this is a whopping 4 percentage points higher than the #2 team.

The Warriors shoot this high percentage at high volume (they're basically tied with houston for 1st in volume, except houston only shoots 35% on threes).

If an opponent could reduce the Warriors' 3-point percentage so it's closer to the Rockets 35%, the Warriors wouldn't be that good.. So that's the key to beating the Warriors - reduce their 3-point percentage to a "normal" 3-point percentage - if you can't do that, you can't beat them.

How do you do that?... You have to reduce the 3-point percentage of Curry/Klay specifically, since they account for 62% of the Warriors threes and they both shoot 44% - it's simply impossible to beat the Warriors with 2 guys shooting that well from three at such a high volume.. So I'd tell my team to have a "give up layups" approach on those 2 guys - don't EVER play them straight up - deny the 3-pointer so hard, and close out so hard, that you're giving them layups and midrange.

Curry/Klay need to shoot 67% on the midrange and layups to equal their 44% on 3-pointers.. They can't do this because they only shoot 44% from midrange (65% on layups)... More than half of these guys' shots is 3-pointers - that's how they dominate - they can't dominate on 2-pointers.. What is this - 1985?.. :rolleyes:

Problem is the ball never sticks. You can never outrun a pass. They just find open guys time and time again because they are always in body and ball movement mode. They are just playing perfect, team basketball right now. None of that iso crap with one guy just holding it for 15 seconds. Now THAT is bad offense.

Even Curry plays off ball a lot. He seldom dominates the ball for long stretches

chocolatethunder
01-06-2016, 11:47 AM
Why aren't you an NBA coach? You are a genious :lol
:biggums:

sd3035
01-06-2016, 12:45 PM

Curry is shooting much better this year from inside the line than Jordan ever did in any season

IncarceratedBob
01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
the same pop that lost to the clippers in the playoffs last year? Lol

Levity
01-06-2016, 02:08 PM
How to stop the Spurs:

2) Stop Leonard

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/LeBron-James-Dancing-After-Winning-Gold-Medal-2012-London-Olympics.gif

Heavincent
01-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Damn, OP has solved the riddle. I am now emailing this thread to all the coaches in the league.

It was fun while it lasted Golden State.

inclinerator
01-06-2016, 02:48 PM
yea spurts are better we already know this

Mass Debator
01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Have your weakest players injure Curry, Dray, and Klay.

WayOfWade
01-06-2016, 03:15 PM
In other words, only the Spurs can stop them... crap

d.bball.guy
01-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Have your weakest players injure Curry, Dray, and Klay.
This. Just call up some d-leaguers, injure those 3, then send em back. 33-49 :pimp:

Truth
01-06-2016, 03:35 PM

there goes 90% of your ball movement at once and don't forget to put full court pressure on as well.

2. Make the back court run. Patty Mills and Danny Green ( who steph and Klay) will be guarding will be doing loops from the corner 3 to the top of the arc to the opposite 45 and back to the corner 3 and repeat 100x a game running through screens set by Tim Duncan and LMA ALL GAME LONG (like what Detroit did to Lakers in 04 finals).

Idea is to prevent ball movement through ball denial and wear out the backcourts forcing them to chase and run through screens all game. This will work as Patty and Danny can both shoot the 3 ball very well.

3. So now you have eliminated the effect of the GSW backcourt therefore you are gaming that your front court will beat the GSW front court. I can safely attest that a combination of Duncan, LMA and Kwahi playing the 2 low post and 1 high post triangle using the high-low game will destroy the much shorter and weaker frontcourt of the GSW. Imagine Duncan and LMA muscling down in opposite ends of the low post against Green and Igoudala with Kwahi at the elbow. Its going to be a foul or bucket every..time....down because we have 3 cerebral all-stars in the Spurs frontcourt. Patty/Gino/Green will also make wide open 3s so don't worry about that either.

4. Playing the way demonstrated in point 3, even if Spurs were to miss, there would essentially be no fast break points allowed as the misses will be grind out ones short at the rim or bounces slightly off the rim meaning GSW are going to have to run their offence and be drained/tired and worn down.

So whats the adjustment for the GSW? What can they do to counter the 4 above mentioned? I can't see Steph and Klay running through screens all game chasing their players and being hounded by Green/Kwahi and still being able to play at super star levels. There is literally no one Steph or Klay can sit back and take it easy on. Are they going to leave Duncan/Claw/LMA open? hell no

Wanna win the lottery?

All you have to do is know all the numbers.

sundizz
01-06-2016, 04:12 PM
I don't know why OP is getting hate. He is 100% right. Ball denial and Kawhi on Curry is the best defense any team could play.

However, what makes GS special is their resiliency and the ability of the players to adapt. It truly separates them.

Memphis and Cleveland both played great game plans. Yet, once Curry got comfortable and started dancing it was lights out. It didn't happen right away...it takes him a game or two usually. His next step evolution will be to adapt quicker.

This is what will/would happen:

G1: Close toss up
G2: Spurs best chance
G3: 2nd half Dubs find their rhythm.
G4-6 Dubs will have their usual special moments of big scoring outbursts at random times and dominate.

retaxis
01-06-2016, 04:22 PM
I don't know why OP is getting hate. He is 100% right. Ball denial and Kawhi on Curry is the best defense any team could play.

However, what makes GS special is their resiliency and the ability of the players to adapt. It truly separates them.

Memphis and Cleveland both played great game plans. Yet, once Curry got comfortable and started dancing it was lights out. It didn't happen right away...it takes him a game or two usually. His next step evolution will be to adapt quicker.

This is what will/would happen:

G1: Close toss up
G2: Spurs best chance
G3: 2nd half Dubs find their rhythm.
G4-6 Dubs will have their usual special moments of big scoring outbursts at random times and dominate.
Ah they don't hate me they hate their own misery:sleeping

I am not sure Curry can actually dance per se if he is worn out offensively and defensively and dancing when your ligaments and tendons are worn out normally results in injuries and strains which forces you to play a weathered down sort of basketball. Curry was able to go almost cruise control last year because Dellavadova and Prigioni (Finals and WCF) were poor 3pt shooters with slow releases who never looked to score unless they had to. Making Curry play defense and offense against the Spurs is going to be a different animal and will test his endurance to the maximum.

Funktion
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
http://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/684611360706015232

Straight_Ballin
01-06-2016, 04:25 PM
Ah they don't hate me they hate their own misery:sleeping

I am not sure Curry can actually dance per se if he is worn out offensively and defensively and dancing when your ligaments and tendons are worn out normally results in injuries and strains which forces you to play a weathered down sort of basketball. Curry was able to go almost cruise control last year because Dellavadova and Prigioni (Finals and WCF) were poor 3pt shooters with slow releases who never looked to score unless they had to. Making Curry play defense and offense against the Spurs is going to be a different animal and will test his endurance to the maximum.

False. The moment Curry relaxed on defense, Delly dropped 20 on him. He then had to play his best defense on Delly. Making Curry play D and O against spurs isn't going to be anything sort of a different animal. He's been doing it his whole life and knows exactly how and when to conserve energy.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-06-2016, 04:45 PM
the same pop that lost to the clippers in the playoffs last year? Lol

Yeah, the guy with a Jordan-esque Pippenless record without GOATcan. That guy. Same guy who is adamant about retiring the same time his GOAT does lest he gets exposed like Wizards' Jordan.

Spobot: "This moron just sat Duncan."
LeBaldo: "Da ****?"
Spobot: "We only down 5 with 28 to go. Ayo, Boshy baby, those rebounds won't get themselves. Chop chop."
Bosh: "Done deal."
Ray Ray: :pimp:

retaxis
01-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Pretty much..two plays one by Allen and the other by fisher. Both very fortunate plays which if had not gone down then timmy would be looking for his eighth ring this year. How scary.

retaxis
01-06-2016, 05:26 PM
False. The moment Curry relaxed on defense, Delly dropped 20 on him. He then had to play his best defense on Delly. Making Curry play D and O against spurs isn't going to be anything sort of a different animal. He's been doing it his whole life and knows exactly how and when to conserve energy.
I don't know if ur autistic buddy but no one starts a discussion with true or false. Anyway last year delay was a 3rd string point guard who shot the three very poorly similarly to prigioni. Had Kyrie Irving been in the game, curry would have been working 3x as hard considering 1. Kyrie would be running and doing the corner to arc to 45 laps and running off screens of which neither prigioni nor delly did. Who the hell were going to spend time setting double or triple screens on offensively inept players like them?

livinglegend
01-06-2016, 05:40 PM
OP actually makes a good original thread (which doesn't happen often in here) and we have dumbasses hating on him. :facepalm
Good job OP. We need more threads like these.

Hopper15
01-06-2016, 06:01 PM
OP actually makes a good original thread (which doesn't happen often in here) and we have dumbasses hating on him. :facepalm
Good job OP. We need more threads like these.

Yeah we need more arrogant pricks acting like their ideas are easier said than done.

buddha
01-06-2016, 06:04 PM
except if Kawhi is guarding Curry they will just pass to Harrison Barnes and let him drop 50 on Patty Mills.

Rocketswin2013
01-06-2016, 06:12 PM
Cleveland made it look pretty easy.

retaxis
01-06-2016, 06:19 PM
except if Kawhi is guarding Curry they will just pass to Harrison Barnes and let him drop 50 on Patty Mills.
Harrison Barnes couldn't score 50 on me let alone a gritty Nba combo guard who has Duncan/LMA shading. Force Harrison Barnes to be a play maker would play right into the Spurs hands. I can just see Harrison trying to lob pass it to curry over Leonard with Leonard stealing it and dunking it down the court

1manfastbreak
01-06-2016, 08:39 PM

Who is tony parker or patty miles guarding? Harrison Barnes? That is BBQ CHICKEN on the block. Leonard has the ability to clamp Steph, but it's not guaranteed for seven straight games.

Warriors have one of the best passing front court's in the league in Bogut and Green. Backcuts are a direct result of over aggressive ball pressure. It also brings the rim protector out of the paint

The problem I have with this is that the Warriors generally switch all screens. They have the length and athletic ability to to defend multiple positions.

This lets me know that you don't actually watch the Warriors play and what you are suggesting the Spurs should do on offense is actually exactly what the Warriors do with Curry and Thompson.

Also who is Patty Mills guarding? Because he will be getting exposed on defense.

The Spurs are in trouble if they try to play the Warriors game. They can most definitely beat the Warriors, but not by running up and down with them.

Vancouver-Grizz
01-06-2016, 09:14 PM

you should get hired as the 76er head coach... :biggums: :biggums: :hammerhead:

ballin33
01-06-2016, 09:35 PM
Spurs are an all time great, but Warriors may be best team of all time. This sounds like the same thing Barkley said on how a jumpshooting team will crash and burn in the playoffs, but the Warriors are just too balance. Plus they will have Kerr back as well, who has championship experience and some familiarity with Pop's schemes (obviously every team is different but it does help Kerr played for him.) I think GSW in 6.

retaxis
01-06-2016, 09:41 PM
Who is tony parker or patty miles guarding? Harrison Barnes? That is BBQ CHICKEN on the block. Leonard has the ability to clamp Steph, but it's not guaranteed for seven straight games.

Warriors have one of the best passing front court's in the league in Bogut and Green. Backcuts are a direct result of over aggressive ball pressure. It also brings the rim protector out of the paint

The problem I have with this is that the Warriors generally switch all screens. They have the length and athletic ability to to defend multiple positions.

This lets me know that you don't actually watch the Warriors play and what you are suggesting the Spurs should do on offense is actually exactly what the Warriors do with Curry and Thompson.

Also who is Patty Mills guarding? Because he will be getting exposed on defense.

The Spurs are in trouble if they try to play the Warriors game. They can most definitely beat the Warriors, but not by running up and down with them.

Patty mills? U can have manu ginobili out there spotting up for 3s just the same guarding Harrison Barnes. It's all the same because Harrison Barnes isn't a star player and even if he gives u 50 pts warriors will still lose ala Miami plan against Celtics "let rondo shoot anywhere 10ft out" in which rondo scores 44? Yet Boston still lost (2013)

Trick is Spurs will wear them down offensively and defensively. Remember 2014 nba finals where Dwayne wade was exposed poorly defensively as the Spurs were pushing their wing players down the court as fast as they can and wade just couldn't catch up with the non stop running. Remember the warriors are still a cheaper version of the Spurs not the other way around. Spurs have 5 warriors have 1 and warriors truthfully have not even played one serious playoff round yet (Pelicans, injured Memphis Conley, injured Patrick p on Houston and of course injured Kyrie and love with the cavs. They have yet had the experience of playing top healthy teams in the playoffs which Spurs have done over the years.

ThickassGlasses
01-07-2016, 11:47 AM
Patty mills? U can have manu ginobili out there spotting up for 3s just the same guarding Harrison Barnes. It's all the same because Harrison Barnes isn't a star player and even if he gives u 50 pts warriors will still lose ala Miami plan against Celtics "let rondo shoot anywhere 10ft out" in which rondo scores 44? Yet Boston still lost (2013)

Trick is Spurs will wear them down offensively and defensively. Remember 2014 nba finals where Dwayne wade was exposed poorly defensively as the Spurs were pushing their wing players down the court as fast as they can and wade just couldn't catch up with the non stop running. Remember the warriors are still a cheaper version of the Spurs not the other way around. Spurs have 5 warriors have 1 and warriors truthfully have not even played one serious playoff round yet (Pelicans, injured Memphis Conley, injured Patrick p on Houston and of course injured Kyrie and love with the cavs. They have yet had the experience of playing top healthy teams in the playoffs which Spurs have done over the years.

My favorite part of your "strategy" is how you downplay all of GSW "role" players as being average and not stars but yet act like Patty Mills, Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Green, ect aren't the exact same thing.

Yes, your theory on how to stop them is close to correct, but your execution plan is abysmal. Having Leonard chase Curry around doesn't seem smart, to me. Ball denial is a great plan, face guarding on a team that moves the ball as good as the Warriors do, especially their cuts to the lane, sounds like a disaster. Having LMA chase Dray around? Doesn't sound the best. Ginobli, Parker, and Mills are all huge mismatches against Barnes who may not drop 50, but a 30 point game with those guys on him is not anywhere close to out of the question.

Finally, as you eluded to, getting Bogut on the court may be a net minus for GS in a season long metric but against a team like SA it doesn't hurt them near as much as you think. Bogut protects the rim well, grabs some boards, and is one of the best passing big men playing.

retaxis
03-20-2016, 03:24 AM
My favorite part of your "strategy" is how you downplay all of GSW "role" players as being average and not stars but yet act like Patty Mills, Ginobili, Parker, Duncan, Green, ect aren't the exact same thing.

Yes, your theory on how to stop them is close to correct, but your execution plan is abysmal. Having Leonard chase Curry around doesn't seem smart, to me. Ball denial is a great plan, face guarding on a team that moves the ball as good as the Warriors do, especially their cuts to the lane, sounds like a disaster. Having LMA chase Dray around? Doesn't sound the best. Ginobli, Parker, and Mills are all huge mismatches against Barnes who may not drop 50, but a 30 point game with those guys on him is not anywhere close to out of the question.

Finally, as you eluded to, getting Bogut on the court may be a net minus for GS in a season long metric but against a team like SA it doesn't hurt them near as much as you think. Bogut protects the rim well, grabs some boards, and is one of the best passing big men playing.
Worked tonight pretty well

Da_Realist
03-20-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't trust LMA in the playoffs.

Ca$H
03-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Worked tonight pretty well

I'm surprised POP showed his cards. Kerr is an elite coach too it will be an epic 7 game series. Kerr played for Phil and POP. Phil murked POP more often than not in the playoffs.

LAZERUSS
03-20-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm amazed that the Warriors aren't 0-69.

sundizz
03-20-2016, 10:19 PM
I dunno what is with all the hate on OP. As the most knowledgeable person on this forum, and antrue GSW fan, a lot of what he says makes sense. The main goal of defense is to make the other team play out of their comfort zone. Ball denial does that to the Dubs. The Bucks used a similar length and pressure strategy.

The only difference is that over the course of 48 mins the pressure becomes easier to handle for a player like Curry. He figures out where the seams are and destroys them eventually. Sometimes, it takes 1 or 2 games (e.g grizz, Cavs series). Once he starts to dance tho it's over. There is no defense for the 32 foot lightning quick release. He missed 5-7 threes last night that he makes regularly.