PDA

View Full Version : Youre an apposing head coach. you hear these stats. what do you do.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 05:56 AM
as a team the Golden State Warriors shoot 44.2% on three point shots.

which is equal to 132.6 points per 100 shots.

as a team the Golden State Warriors shoot 51.7% on two point shots.

which is 103.4 points per 100 shots.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/14/jackson.jpg

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZQTHPIwXmMMMw/giphy.gif

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 05:59 AM
basically the key to stopping golden state is to not overplay them at all. dont worry about anyone going off. everyone stick to their man as tight as possible. if a player gets past them.. whatever. dont rotate. dont help. just hope theres a guy near the rim to contest.

too many rotations. too much sagging will give them the shot they want that produces more points

run them off the 3 point line. period. thats how you beat the warriors

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Make them play at your speed. Cavaliers have done it, Spurs have done it.

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 06:07 AM
Make them play at your speed. Cavaliers have done it, Spurs have done it.

how is slowing down the game gonna stop them from shooting threes?

44.2% on 3's is the equivalent of shooting 66.3% on 2's

you cannot let them shoot 3's.. period. that is why they win.

theres nothing else to it

buddha
01-06-2016, 06:10 AM
how is slowing down the game gonna stop them from shooting threes?

44.2% on 3's is the equivalent of shooting 66.3% on 2's

you cannot let them shoot 3's.. period. that is why they win.

theres nothing else to it

have you ever watched the Warriors? they shoot most of their threes in transition and early in the shot clock.

there is no way to beat them. The Warriors are not normal, they have the two best shooters in the league on their team and one them is the best of all-time while the other is easily top 10. They are special and they are gonna win multiple championships.

the only thing that will defeat the Warriors is if KD and LeBron form a big 3 with someone.

GIF REACTION
01-06-2016, 06:10 AM
Switching defense is how you beat them

Overplay the 3, encourage them to take a mismatch

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 06:14 AM
have you ever watched the Warriors? they shoot most of their threes in transition and early in the shot clock.

there is no way to beat them. The Warriors are not normal, they have the two best shooters in the league on their team and one them is the best of all-time while the other is easily top 10. They are special and they are gonna win multiple championships.

the only thing that will defeat the Warriors is if KD and LeBron form a big 3 with someone.

because people arent respecting them after they pass midcourt. teams still think you man up inside the 3 point line and making someone take a 3 early in the clock is good defense

well the stats say otherwise

if i was a coach i would pick them up at mid court

NZStreetBaller
01-06-2016, 06:20 AM
Theyre too hard to defend. U put too much emphasis on tryna stop em youll just frustrated and start to make alot of dumb mistakes.

Instead put all the effort on tryna outscore em. I know easier said then done. But u want them to be thinking about what ur trying to do and have them react to you other then ur team spending the whole stressing about 3 point shots all game.

Its more of a boxing tactic lol....

JohnFreeman
01-06-2016, 06:21 AM
Try and get Draymond in foul trouble

VengefulAngel
01-06-2016, 06:21 AM
You're an opposing head coach. You hear these stats, what do you do?

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 06:22 AM
Theyre too hard to defend. U put too much emphasis on tryna stop em youll just frustrated and start to make alot of dumb mistakes.

Instead put all the effort on tryna outscore em. I know easier said then done. But u want them to be thinking about what ur trying to do and have them react to you other then ur team spending the whole stressing about 3 point shots all game.

Its more of a boxing tactic lol....

thats basically exactly what i'm saying

put up with the 51.7% on 2 pointers and just try and out duel them offensively

nobody can stop a team that puts up the equivalent of 66.3% on 2's

thats what they get from their threes

so just run them off the 3 point line and let them do whatever they want. then try and hit 55% on your end to win

buddha
01-06-2016, 06:22 AM
because people arent respecting them after they pass midcourt. teams still think you man up inside the 3 point line and making someone take a 3 early in the clock is good defense

well the stats say otherwise

if i was a coach i would pick them up at mid court

then the Warriors would get the open layup. they are a smart team full of high-iq players who can pass the ball.

do you honestly believe you're the first person who has thought about trying to stop the Warriors from shooting threes?

kennethgriffin
01-06-2016, 06:25 AM
then the Warriors would get the open layup. they are a smart team full of high-iq players who can pass the ball.

do you honestly believe you're the first person who has thought about trying to stop the Warriors from shooting threes?

obviously protecting the rim with switching from bigs is ok. thats not giving up a 3

i'm saying let them shoot the open 2 if they shake a guy. dont switch on the perimeter

Quickening
01-06-2016, 08:31 AM
obviously protecting the rim with switching from bigs is ok. thats not giving up a 3

i'm saying let them shoot the open 2 if they shake a guy. dont switch on the perimeter
And then suddenly their 2 point percentage increases dramatically above what they're currently averaging...they have knock down shooters everywhere, coupled with great chemistry and basketball IQ

kurple
01-06-2016, 08:35 AM
Warriors will come down to earth before the season is over

Iggy is a 65% free throw shooter, no way can he and Dray keep this up

r0drig0lac
01-06-2016, 09:38 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ctRsKIFykwCty/giphy.gif

StephHamann
01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Basically like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Hrtznd33o

:pimp:

ClipperRevival
01-06-2016, 01:08 PM
As another poster said, they get a lot of their 3s in transition or semi-transition. The ball also never sticks. So they are going to get off their 3s. You really can't STOP a team from shooting 3s. It's asking too much. You can only try to contest as best as possible.

But like another poster said, I would try to slow the game down, just like Clev did last year, which will limit their possessions and transition opportunities. Trying to outscore them is playing right into their hands as it will lead to more transition opportunities for them off misses.