PDA

View Full Version : StubHub SCREWS over diehard Kobe fan who bought tickets for his last game

oarabbus
01-06-2016, 06:56 PM
http://www.theleadsports.com/the-surreal-story-of-stubhub-screwing-over-a-kobe-fan/

The read is worth it, hopefully the guy finds a way to experience the last Kobe game.

Akrazotile
01-06-2016, 07:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/OYgcKl4X7fvyM/giphy.gif

AnaheimLakers24
01-06-2016, 07:24 PM
That sucks.

dubeta
01-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Its an Idiot Tax for paying money to watch Kobe

buddha
01-06-2016, 07:38 PM
inb4 kobe DNP

buddha
01-06-2016, 07:39 PM
the only difference between seeing kobe play in person and on a screen is the view. most of the time it's better on the screen.

thefatmiral
01-06-2016, 07:44 PM
Demand supply

Giaodollo
01-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Demand supply

That doesn't make sense because he bought the tickets when the demand were low and the supply were plentiful. Reversed to today when the demand is higher and the supply is nonexistent..

So he made a good deal, he bought them at a right time. It's like me buying a house 30 years ago and then the seller comes back today and say, "hello, sir, I sold you that house when there were no demand, I want the house back for the original price and I'll sell it back to you for the market value of today, thank you."

bdreason
01-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Not StubHub's fault that the seller pulled the tickets. They should have a policy that punishes these types of actions though. For example, if a seller pulls his tickets, he shouldn't be allowed to re-post the tickets on StubHub. Perhaps he should even be suspended from selling on the site for 30 days, or something like that.

The best way to buy tickets is through networking. Find friends who have season tickets, or access to people with season tickets. Stubhub charges some ludicrous fees anyways. That place must be printing money.

Giaodollo
01-06-2016, 11:23 PM
Not StubHub's fault that the seller pulled the tickets. They should have a policy that punishes these types of actions though. For example, if a seller pulls his tickets, he shouldn't be allowed to re-post the tickets on StubHub. Perhaps he should even be suspended from selling on the site for 30 days, or something like that.

The best way to buy tickets is through networking. Find friends who have season tickets, or access to people with season tickets. Stubhub charges some ludicrous fees anyways. That place must be printing money.

From the article

"HE SAID THAT TYPICALLY STUBHUB CHARGES THE SELLER 20% OF THE ORIGINAL SALE PRICE OF THE TICKETS FOR NOT FULFILLING AN ORDER, AND THAT[B] THE SELLER

Lebronxrings
01-06-2016, 11:27 PM
lol

Smoke117
01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
Poor little kobrick dick sucker? What will he ever do with his life now? It's a stretch to even think Cryant will even make it to this game on the court anyway.

Chokefree
01-06-2016, 11:32 PM
Poor little kobrick dick sucker? What will he ever do with his life now? It's a stretch to even think Cryant will even make it to this game on the court anyway.
:rolleyes:

Giaodollo
01-06-2016, 11:33 PM

Beside the point of the whole story. You're just too stupid to read between the lines.

Smoke117
01-06-2016, 11:36 PM
Not at all...I just don't. I gave an antagonistic pov and you all fell for it. It's simple day and light the subject...the fact that in literally 5 mins I had 2 posters on my nuts just goes to show how easily the human psyche is easily manipulated. Stop being such easy marks...it's embarrassing on your part and embarrassing to overall human intelligence. Stop allowing yourselves to be so easily toyed with.

bdreason
01-06-2016, 11:39 PM
[QUOTE=Giaodollo]From the article

"HE SAID THAT TYPICALLY STUBHUB CHARGES THE SELLER 20% OF THE ORIGINAL SALE PRICE OF THE TICKETS FOR NOT FULFILLING AN ORDER, AND THAT[B] THE SELLER

Giaodollo
01-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Not at all...I just don't. I gave an antagonistic pov and you all fell for it. It's simple day and light the subject...the fact that in literally 5 mins I had 2 posters on my nuts just goes to show how easily the human psyche is easily manipulated. Stop being such easy marks...it's embarrassing on your part and embarrassing to overall human intelligence. Stop allowing yourselves to be so easily toyed with.

"I troll on the internet, because I want too see how stupid people are"

Great work, buddy! Your time, your loss.

inclinerator
01-06-2016, 11:45 PM
im sure this will make story and the lakers organization will get him a seat somehow

Giaodollo
01-06-2016, 11:47 PM
Sounds like the policy is there to protect the sellers interest. It's interesting that nobody approaches the topic from the sellers point of view. If I list a bunch of regular season tickets on StubHub, and for some reason the price skyrockets over night by 1000%, I should have the option to pull my tickets, and re-list them closer to market value. I'm actually surprised the punishment is a severe as it is. I was gonna suggest a month ban after multiple violations.

I don't agree with you, they made a business transaction at a time where the prices were set, they listed the tickets. They had the option to not list the tickets until it was more clear if Kobe was retiring or not.

I'm not going to go and sell stocks today and then go back and ask the bank to buy them back two weeks later at the price I sold them for because circumstances are different today.

im sure this will make story and the lakers organization will get him a seat somehow

Check the comments, http://www.ticketsforless.com/ VP commeneted and offered him four free tickets.

ProfessorMurder
01-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Sounds like the policy is there to protect the sellers interest. It's interesting that nobody approaches the topic from the sellers point of view. If I list a bunch of regular season tickets on StubHub, and for some reason the price skyrockets over night by 1000%, I should have the option to pull my tickets, and re-list them closer to market value. I'm actually surprised the punishment is a severe as it is. I was gonna suggest a month ban after multiple violations.

So you think it's okay to sell your shit, then renege on it because you're dumb ass sold it for a bad deal (even though it was still over what you probably paid in the first place)? Mega c*nt behavior.

The guy purchased the tickets. Then the site/seller literally stole the man's rightful property.

bdreason
01-07-2016, 12:05 AM
They listed the tickets knowing they had the 20% price protection. There's a reason that policy exists. You think a seller should have to wait until the day of each game to list his tickets, because Kobe might retire and drive the value up 1000% over night? You would completely destroy the market place if sellers had no price protection.

oarabbus
01-07-2016, 12:10 AM
They listed the tickets knowing they had the 20% price protection. There's a reason that policy exists. You think a seller should have to wait until the day of each game to list his tickets, because Kobe might retire and drive the value up 1000% over night? You would completely destroy the market place if sellers had no price protection.

Well, the guy purchases the tickets and over a month passed before the seller pulled them. At the least there should be an explicit time limit (1 week, 2 weeks) until the seller must provide the tickets.

Stout
01-07-2016, 12:20 AM
What I got out of this article was that Kobe fans are insane and will pay unreal amounts of money to watch a player suck at basketball.

Brook(lyn)Lopez
01-07-2016, 12:21 AM
I hope StubHub bought this guy dinner before they f*cked him at least...

Giaodollo
01-07-2016, 12:22 AM

That's the risk you have to take as a seller, it is a risk every seller takes. Point being if you list something at a price then sell it and the money has been withdrawn from your account you've made a deal. Nothing more to it in my opinion.

I think this is bullshit, should not be allowed. Stubhub knows that, otherwise they would not have compensated him with 250 dollars of shit.

yeaaaman
01-07-2016, 12:57 AM
What I got out of this article was that Kobe fans are insane and will pay unreal amounts of money to watch a player suck at basketball.

People will pay for what they like. Nothing new.

Like the above poster said it looks like another ticket company has come through with tickets in the comment section. Looks like the guy might not be so screwed after all.

*EDIT Looks like bad press for stubhub because now they seem to want to do the right thing: https://twitter.com/StubHub/status/684906796813697024

ProfessorMurder
01-07-2016, 01:40 AM

Please tell me how that 'no price protection' would destroy the market place. That's not doing shit. If people want to go to an event there's a market.

If you're on the hook and own these tickets, you're leveraging your money on a finite event. Dude made a bad deal, then reneged, which is bullshit.

This guy sold his tickets for more than face value, but didn't make as much of a profit as he could have :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Nobody made this asshole list his tickets.

That is scummy ass behavior and is no different than being a scalper.

kamil
01-07-2016, 01:40 AM
People will pay for what they like. Nothing new.

Like the above poster said it looks like another ticket company has come through with tickets in the comment section. Looks like the guy might not be so screwed after all.

*EDIT Looks like bad press for stubhub because now they seem to want to do the right thing: https://twitter.com/StubHub/status/684906796813697024

They're getting off easy. There should be hellfire for that kind of stunt. That instance alone has essentially solidified my stance on not using StubHub; always seemed shady. I have proof now.

**** you StubHub.

NBASTATMAN
01-07-2016, 01:53 AM
Sent this over to some people that may help the guy... Hope he gets his tickets... STUBHUB IS GARBAGE

Kblaze8855
01-07-2016, 01:53 AM
That is BS. Companies always ****ing people over till a story goes viral then the one in 400 gets justice and they call it doing the right thing.

kamil
01-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Wow, @TicketsForLess is really doing it right:

Our president, Dan Rouen, will be traveling to #LA tomorrow to personally deliver @Lakers tickets to Jesse Sandler. @theleadsports @espn

https://twitter.com/TicketsForLess/status/684906999373410304

Black and White
01-07-2016, 02:46 AM
DeAndre Jordan was the seller

KOBEtherealKing
01-07-2016, 03:10 AM

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Buzz-Lightyear-Sad-Strange-Little-Man.gif

KOBEtherealKing
01-07-2016, 03:19 AM

you can keep your fake psychological excuses :lol because You actually sat at your fap computer and typed that troll message. That just goes to show how pathetic your life is. You're nothing without this forum.

NugzFan
01-07-2016, 04:06 AM
So if I buy tickets and then they drop in price, will stubhub allow me to cancel the order, so I can buy them cheaper?

oarabbus
01-07-2016, 04:13 AM
So if I buy tickets and then they drop in price, will stubhub allow me to cancel the order, so I can buy them cheaper?

From the article it seems like the rule is a seller's protection rule, so no you wouldn't be able to do that (unless you canceled the credit card, which you can always do for any transaction ever if you want to wreck your credit score). But I haven't fully read StubHub's terms of service.

Derka
01-07-2016, 10:02 AM
F*ck the seller's interest right in his/her lying mouth. You made a deal, asshole...you got paid for your interest.

For the record, wouldn't in a million years use StubHub or any reseller to buy tickets. The entire ticket resale industry is corrupt as f*ck.

Stout
01-07-2016, 10:05 AM
DeAndre Jordan was the seller
:lol

Stout
01-07-2016, 10:09 AM
They're getting off easy. There should be hellfire for that kind of stunt. That instance alone has essentially solidified my stance on not using StubHub; always seemed shady. I have proof now.

**** you StubHub.
The only reason StubHub is "making things right" is because of bad press too. If this stayed out of the public eye, the situation would not have been fixed.

Take Your Lumps
01-07-2016, 10:18 AM

Small price to pay for priceless publicity. :applause:

Sarcastic
01-07-2016, 11:54 AM
If the buyer is allowed to back out at the last second as well, then it's fair. If not, then fck StubHub.

If Kobe gets hurt, and can't finish the season, do the people who paid $1500 get a refund?

west_tip
01-07-2016, 12:39 PM
These retirement tours seem corny as hell to me.

They are hyping the Lakers-Kings game in Sac as the last chance to see Kobe live but I already watched him live in his mid 00's prime, why the hell would I pay inflated ticket prices to watch the washed up, 2016 version of him? Makes no sense.

Lebronxrings
01-07-2016, 01:04 PM
but in all honesty, who wants to pay thousands to see kobe the brick layer? He might not even be at the game.

NugzFan
01-07-2016, 01:18 PM
From the article it seems like the rule is a seller's protection rule, so no you wouldn't be able to do that (unless you canceled the credit card, which you can always do for any transaction ever if you want to wreck your credit score). But I haven't fully read StubHub's terms of service.

I was mocking stubhub for a shitty policy.

If you try to sell tickets, you also take risk just like the buyer does. The seller should nkt be able to back out because they can make more money just like a buyer can't back out to save money. It's bullshit.

Once it's sold, end of transaction. Both sides have agreed and both sides have risk.

Stout
01-07-2016, 01:21 PM
I was mocking stubhub for a shitty policy.

If you try to sell tickets, you also take risk just like the buyer does. The seller should nkt be able to back out because they can make more money just like a buyer can't back out to save money. It's bullshit.

Once it's sold, end of transaction. Both sides have agreed and both sides have risk.
Maybe the Bulls can void Rose's contract.

HurricaneKid
01-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Maybe the Bulls can void Rose's contract.

The point is that StubHub would offer Rose $250 after ripping up the contract to go away.

A contract for a specific item is a contract. That there would be a clause for them to screw their customers if there is more money elsewhere is offensive.

I HATE Stubhub. They went "legit" and stopped piling on fees and then backtracked when they realized it was going to be more profitable to screw the buyer even more by going back to having all kinds of svc fees once you picked out the seats and agree to pay the price (which reflects a 30% upcharge already). Svc fee, delivery fee (for eTix??!), etc. For a $100 ticket the seller gets $70 and the buyer pays ~$110. That is WAY too big a cut.

BurningHammer
01-07-2016, 01:45 PM

This company wins the scalping sites' public image war big time. :rockon:

TemporaMutantur
01-07-2016, 02:04 PM
This company wins the scalping sites' public image war big time. :rockon:

Ha, it was a great PR / Marketing move for them.

Stout
01-07-2016, 02:47 PM
The point is that StubHub would offer Rose $250 after ripping up the contract to go away.

I know, but it is similar, which is why I mentioned.

The real situation is more like Carlos Boozer and the Cavs :D

ralph_i_el
01-07-2016, 03:08 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/738/025/db0.jpg

Levity
01-07-2016, 03:11 PM

They are hyping the Lakers-Kings game in Sac as the last chance to see Kobe live but I already watched him live in his mid 00's prime, why the hell would I pay inflated ticket prices to watch the washed up, 2016 version of him? Makes no sense.

makes plenty of sense. its just not your cup of tea

budweiser tweeted the guy, too. saying they have tickets for him. some its come up central for that dude.

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 03:44 PM
makes plenty of sense. its just not your cup of tea

budweiser tweeted the guy, too. saying they have tickets for him. some its come up central for that dude.

They were apparently throwing in some free brew with their offering... :cheers:

catch24
01-07-2016, 03:47 PM

I don't know, maybe its because it'll be the last time you see a legend play live?

Yeah, that probably has something to do with it.

:hammerhead:

FrobeShaw
01-07-2016, 03:53 PM
missed on my chance to see the bean this year

oh the horror
01-07-2016, 04:00 PM
They were apparently throwing in some free brew with their offering... :cheers:

I'm
Sold.

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 04:28 PM
I'm
Sold.

Right!

oarabbus
01-07-2016, 07:02 PM
I'm
Sold.

Sorry, you have to give the beer back whenever budweiser wants :lol

OnFire
01-07-2016, 07:23 PM
This is what you get when you are trying to do illegal activities online. Company can do whatever it wants with no recourse. Just like back in the day when poker sites would just fold up with all the users money.

ScalsFan21
01-07-2016, 08:26 PM
This sucks for that fan. For now.

Until this blows up even bigger and enough people tweet it to Kobe and he agrees to give him and his friends tickets to the game and gives them a chance to meet him.

Stout
01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
This sucks for that fan. For now.

Until this blows up even bigger and enough people tweet it to Kobe and he agrees to give him and his friends tickets to the game and gives them a chance to meet him.
It has already blown up enough for him and his friends to get tickets.

ZenMaster
01-07-2016, 08:36 PM
If it was in the terms and conditions that the buyer accepted, that the seller has the possibility of this, then that is really the end of it.

Seems like a fair clause to include as Stubhub has to provide a good service for both buyer and seller in order to be in business.