Kyrie Irving #NBAVote

leMVP
01-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Popularity contest at its finest.

:facepalm

VengefulAngel
01-07-2016, 02:13 PM
Kyrie Irving #NBAVote

No wonder John Wall is mad, Kyrie's beating him by a lot of votes lol.

MP.Trey
01-07-2016, 02:15 PM
Draymond getting in there. :applause:

Replace Kobe with Kawhi and Kyrie with someone like Jimmy Buckets and this actually looks pretty good.

FrobeShaw
01-07-2016, 02:20 PM
how come jimmy butler isn't more popular? chicago is a big market

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Melo will probably start at this point. I'm surprised how many more votes Wade got this time around. Not that he's having a bad year, but not up to his prime Wade standards, nor do I think he's clear cut best SG out East either.

PJR
01-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Melo will probably start at this point. I'm surprised how many more votes Wade got this time around. Not that he's having a bad year, but not up to his prime Wade standards, nor do I think he's clear cut best SG out East either.

Wade Nation was mad at that Justin Beiber/Lowry shit last year. They are leaving nothing to chance this year.

Stout
01-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Just ridiculous.

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Wade Nation was mad at that Justin Beiber/Lowry shit last year. They are leaving nothing to chance this year.

The Beiber thing is funny, no doubt.

But I thought Lowry was playing better up at that point and was the biggest reason his team was 36-17 before the break. The fact the Heat were 22-30 probably didn't help Wade's case and he kinda missed more games that year too.

WorldWarriors
01-07-2016, 02:50 PM
how come jimmy butler isn't more popular? chicago is a big market He doesn't get or want a lot of media hype and he probably divides the bulls fan base. Rose is still loved.

Bosnian Sajo
01-07-2016, 02:52 PM
Zaza over Cous? :oldlol: Epic.

sammichoffate
01-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Zaza and Kanter above Aldridge? :lol

Levity
01-07-2016, 02:54 PM
damn.... are random ass fans reading the ballot, seeing the name zaza, and picking it for the lulz?

hes playing great for dallas, but no way did i see him in the top 8 FC west voting... ever.

sammichoffate
01-07-2016, 02:59 PM
damn.... are random ass fans reading the ballot, seeing the name zaza, and picking it for the lulz?

hes playing great for dallas, but no way did i see him in the top 8 FC west voting... ever.He has double Dirk's votes :roll:

WorldWarriors
01-07-2016, 03:08 PM

hes playing great for dallas, but no way did i see him in the top 8 FC west voting... ever.
Does he have an international fanbase?

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm surprised there hasn't been any instances of mockery voting like we've seen in the NHL where fans rally together to vote in a very undeserving player for the lols.

Mass Debator
01-07-2016, 03:39 PM
AD at 6th lol...the league hyped him with Curry and Lebron, but the fans aren't buying.

BurningHammer
01-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Canada probably needs another #VoteKyle campaign to push him pass Kyrie and maybe even Jimmy Buckets.

ErhnamDjinn
01-07-2016, 03:44 PM
I remember a couple of years back we here at ISH wanted to get Antoine into the ASG.:lol

we tried it once didnt get in

I'm surprised there hasn't been any instances of mockery voting like we've seen in the NHL where fans rally together to vote in a very undeserving player for the lols.

Ca$H
01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
Kobe stealing Draygod's spot.

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I remember a couple of years back we here at ISH wanted to get Antoine into the ASG.:lol

Yeah I vaguely remember that as well. It would take the efforts of thousands to make such a thing a reality.

This year, NHL fans managed to vote in John Scott. A 6"8 goon who has more fights than goals under his belt. It's quite hilarious lol. To make matters even funnier, his mass amount of votes made him the captain of his team by default.

Levity
01-07-2016, 04:15 PM

this has nothing to do with sports, but it brought the lulz back in the day. i remember a few years back, justin beiber was having a contest along the lines of "where in the world do you want Justin Beiber to perform"

a bunch of neck beards got together and repeatedly voted for north korea, until it was the number one voted choice in the contest. :lol

FrobeShaw
01-07-2016, 04:17 PM
this has nothing to do with sports, but it brought the lulz back in the day. i remember a few years back, justin beiber was having a contest along the lines of "where in the world do you want Justin Beiber to perform"

a bunch of neck beards got together and repeatedly voted for north korea, until it was the number one voted choice in the contest. :lol
:roll:

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 04:21 PM

LOL!!!!!

kwajo
01-07-2016, 04:25 PM

That was me, I ran a whole voting website [allstarshimmy.com] and campaign around it, got a few ESPN.com headlines and broadcast mentions. We never got enough support to get him into the game, but it was fun for a while, especially when reporters started asking 'Toine about it in post-game interviews and he acted offended :oldlol:

aj1987
01-07-2016, 04:29 PM
Wade! Dude is still a top 5 fan fav!

Dem Kobe pity votes though! Why is he even on the ballot? Meh, he's gonna earn the NBA a couple of mil.

That was me, I ran a whole voting website [allstarshimmy.com] and campaign around it, got a few ESPN.com headlines and broadcast mentions. We never got enough support to get him into the game, but it was fun for a while, especially when reporters started asking 'Toine about it in post-game interviews and he acted offended :oldlol:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66098

BasedTom
01-07-2016, 04:46 PM
Kyrie Irving #NBAVote
cancer

Funktion
01-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Klay > Harden

d.bball.guy
01-07-2016, 05:04 PM
Zaza and Lin :facepalm

Goddamn Asians I understand the Godbe dickriding but fukkin Lin man :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

RRR3
01-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Yo let's try to get Zaza in ISH :oldlol:

Or someone even more hilarious.

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2016, 05:23 PM
Raptors have to get both Lowry and DeRozan in the all-star game. It would be a shame not to have both in it, since they are both playing well and the game is in Toronto.

As far as the voting stands right now, vote Lowry. DeRozan for reserve.

RRR3
01-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Raptors have to get both Lowry and DeRozan in the all-star game. It would be a shame not to have both in it, since they are both playing well and the game is in Toronto.

As far as the voting stands right now, vote Lowry. DeRozan for reserve.
Vote Zaza :lol

sammichoffate
01-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Yo let's try to get Zaza in ISH :oldlol:

Or someone even more hilarious.http://www.dmvfollowers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/javale.jpg
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kendrick-Perkins-suspended.jpg
:bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
01-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Vote Zaza :lol

Wouldn't be the worst selection (guys have made it without even playing), so why not ?

RRR3
01-07-2016, 05:26 PM
http://www.dmvfollowers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/javale.jpg
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Kendrick-Perkins-suspended.jpg
:bowdown:
Both great choices but since Zaza is already doing surprisingly well he'd be the best choice IMO. We need to do this and see how the NBA responds :oldlol:

kamil
01-07-2016, 05:27 PM
Zaza over Cous? :oldlol: Epic.

Kobe over anyone.......

sammichoffate
01-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Both great choices but since Zaza is already doing surprisingly well he'd be the best choice IMO. We need to do this and see how the NBA responds :oldlol:It makes no logical sense how he would get over Aldridge and Cousins :lol

RRR3
01-07-2016, 05:30 PM
It makes no logical sense how he would get over Aldridge and Cousins :lol
Georgia represent.

I'll make a thread but I need some of you guys to help. Anyone down to get Zaza in? :lol

d.bball.guy
01-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Zaza has more dunks than Dirk so that's Toronto worthy.

RRR3
01-07-2016, 05:43 PM
Zaza has more dunks than Dirk so that's Toronto worthy.
I'll make a thread when i get done at the gym :rockon:

Annoying to link images from my ipod

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Looks like everything is the same as the first returns. Lebron, George, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Curry, and Westbrook all appear to be locks. The final frontcourt spots in both conferences and the second guard spot in the east will probably come down to the wire.

ErhnamDjinn
01-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Toine has been the stuff of legends on SIH hahaha

Sportal
01-07-2016, 07:25 PM
I'm tired of the public's involvement in this. At the end of the day this is a resum

MellowYellow
01-07-2016, 07:40 PM
AD at 6th lol...the league hyped him with Curry and Lebron, but the fans aren't buying.
No dude that plays for a team called "Pelicans" will ever be popular

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 07:43 PM
[QUOTE=Sportal]I'm tired of the public's involvement in this. At the end of the day this is a resum

VengefulAngel
01-07-2016, 07:43 PM

He's also been really disappointing this year. I was expecting some godly numbers and the playoffs. He still has time on his side though.

MellowYellow
01-07-2016, 07:45 PM
He's also been really disappointing this year. I was expecting some godly numbers and the playoffs. He still has time on his side though.
He needs a true running mate

RedBlackAttack
01-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Looks like everything is the same as the first returns. Lebron, George, Wade, Durant, Kobe, Curry, and Westbrook all appear to be locks. The final frontcourt spots in both conferences and the second guard spot in the east will probably come down to the wire.
Hard to imagine Kyrie's lead decreasing as we get closer to the game. He had the second guard starter position before he came back from injury. From the first returns which came out on Dec. 25th until now, his lead on Lowry has only increased. And, I'm guessing based on his recent performances, that lead is widening.

Unless there is a Bieber-like campaign or *gulp* another injury, the guard spots in the East appear to be filled.

The interesting one to me is the third frontcourt spot in the West, with Green, Kawhi and Griffin all battling it out. If one of those guys could go on a crazy streak or goes cold, any of the three could get that spot.

stalkerforlife
01-07-2016, 07:49 PM
Kobe STILL the best in the game.

DAMN.

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 07:57 PM
Hard to imagine Kyrie's lead decreasing as we get closer to the game. He had the second guard starter position before he came back from injury. From the first returns which came out on Dec. 25th until now, his lead on Lowry has only increased. And, I'm guessing based on his recent performances, that lead is widening.

Unless there is a Bieber-like campaign or *gulp* another injury, the guard spots in the East appear to be filled.

The interesting one to me is the third frontcourt spot in the West, with Green, Kawhi and Griffin all battling it out. If one of those guys could go on a crazy streak or goes cold, any of the three could get that spot.

Good point about Irving. I was thinking Lowry or Butler could make a surge, but I didn't consider the fact that Irving may also surge now that he's healthy and playing well.

Sportal
01-07-2016, 08:17 PM
For me, personally, I would say:

East - Drummond, LeBron, PG, Butler, and I guess... Kyrie? The fillers can be the other regular suspects.

West - ... **** that. That pool of players is ridiculous.. Can't ignore Green, but can't really ignore Durant and Kawhi... I guess Curry, Harbrook, Green Kawhi, Durant...... lol.

Smook A.
01-07-2016, 08:42 PM
How in the **** does Zaza Pachulia have more votes than Aldridge and Cousins? :wtf:

Nick Young
01-07-2016, 08:43 PM
LOL Kyle Lowry? Craptors fans are shameless XD:roll:

Stout
01-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Knickerbockers are pants dude. Pants.

RedBlackAttack
01-07-2016, 09:58 PM
I will preface this by saying that I'm probably looking at this with wine-and-gold colored glasses, but I also think there is a very rational case for Kevin Love to be in this game as a reserve.

Allow me to make the case. Please read before you respond...

Kevin Love is averaging over 16/11 on a team that has distanced itself as the #1 team in the East at 24-9.

That may not sound like much, but there are only four other players in the entire league averaging that many rebounds and putting up 16+ a game. Those players are Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins and Pau Gasol.

So, of the players averaging at least 16/11, only two reside in the East (Drummond, Gasol), and only one of those two (Pau Gasol) is doing it on a team with an above .500 record.

And, the Cavs aren't just above .500, they have the best record in the East and one of the three best records in the NBA.

Last year, at this point in the season, the Atlanta Hawks were 25-8. They had a one-game advantage on this Cavs' team as it stands right now. Yet, they had four representatives in the All-Star Game.

It makes no sense that the Cavs, with a near identical record, wouldn't be able to get at least three guys in, especially when Love has the resume to make the cut with 16/11. Last year, Paul Millsap made it averaging 17/8 and Kyle Korver was averaging 14/4.

Furthermore, Love is a three-time All-Star. He isn't some flash in the pan. He has proven that he can do what guys like Cousins, Davis and Drummond are doing by putting up huge numbers on bad to mediocre teams.

Now that he has sacrificed a lot of those numbers to be on a contender, he shouldn't be punished for it. That should be the goal of every player who isn't an elite superstar.

I think he will be voted in by the coaches, btw. And rightfully so.

d.bball.guy
01-08-2016, 06:09 AM
As much as I want Kobe to be in the ASG in his last year, fan voting is just stupid. I'm just glad neither the Great Yi Jianlian nor fukkin Lin has made the all star team.

buddha
01-08-2016, 06:22 AM

I think he's hit his ceiling. he's never going to have a good low-post game with that lanky body and he's not gonna turn into Dirk with that mid-range. he's an absolute beast though and 24/10 with 2 blocks and 1 steal is great.

WallIn
01-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Irving plays 5 games, is 2nd in the voting.

:facepalm