PDA

View Full Version : Detroit / Reggie Jackson

Done_And_Done
01-07-2016, 03:29 PM
I will profess to being one of his doubters prior to the acquisition and figured he would put up inflated stats while hindering the Pistons in the process. I've read on numerous occasions around here that he's viewed as the teams best player, despite the impressive numbers Drummond is amassing.

It appears that my initial assessment of Reg has been proven to be inaccurate. Without having watched much Pistons ball this year, I really can't confirm that though.

For anyone who has followed them more closely, do his stats line up with the eye test? Is his impact a facade or factual?

Cheers...

MMM
01-07-2016, 03:47 PM
i would say Reggie is the Pistons best player. RJ is one of the best PnR players and leads the league in drivers per game. RJ also has the most 4th quarter points in the last 5 mins of games. People that have Drummond in their mvp discussion are out to lunch because despite his godly numbers dre doesn't make much of an impact on the court.

Rake2204
01-07-2016, 04:09 PM
He's a player with flaws, but he's undoubtedly put the Pistons on his back on many, many occasions this year. Detroit's battled back from countless fourth quarter deficits to this point and the biggest reason for their fight was Reggie Jackson going into takeover mode.

That said, he's still sometimes out of control, still struggles behind the line unless he's spotted up and square, and still has a little bit of maturing and basketball I.Q. to develop.

But again, without him, the Pistons wouldn't be where they are at this point.

Worth noting, Andre Drummond's stats are undeniable but watching games, he's not exactly dominant. He can't take over like Jackson can. Don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful asset (it's nice to know the glass is going to be cleaned), but he can't be counted on offensively (though his hook is coming along quicker than I envisioned) and he's still not quite as stellar as one would typically believe him to be on the defensive end.

chocolatethunder
01-07-2016, 05:43 PM
I'll totally eat my words on this one. While he's not a player I'd want on my team, I think that he's bought into what VanGundy wants to do there and has been really really good. I thought the signing of him was desperate and a mistake and it was actually brilliant and has worked great for them. That's why Stan is a coach/pres (or GM or whatever his title is) and I'm a fan. Also, getting rid of Smith was brilliant too and he's been nothing since leaving.