PDA

View Full Version : How is Wade the greatest Heat player ever when

JT123
01-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Lebron led the team to 2/3 of their championships? :wtf:
According to ISH rings are the end all be all, and in just 4 years Lebron led the Heat to more success than Wade has in 13 seasons.
Wade may be the favorite player amongst Heat fans due to tenure, but he is NOT the best.

Smoke117
01-07-2016, 10:00 PM
:sleeping Nobody cares about what you and your mouth have to say, bitch.

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 10:01 PM
In terms of all-time rankings, Lebron will probably go down as the greatest player to wear a Heat jersey. However, that's different than being the greatest player in FRANCHISE history, which is clearly Wade.

Wade has played 13(+) seasons with the Heat and dominates their all-time rankings. He leads the franchise in games played, minutes played, playoff games played, playoff minutes played, playoff series won, regular season and playoff total points, FG's, FGA's, FT's, FTA's, assists, steals, USG%, and win shares. He's also 4th in rebounds and 2nd in blocks. He's tied with Haslem for most championships with 3. Wade was drafted by the Heat, has played every minute of his career with the Heat, and brought the franchise their first championship.

Wade is without question the greatest player in franchise history.

And BTW, 3 > 2. Lebron may have been the best player for 2 titles, but it's not as if Wade won his rings as a 12th man. He was an all-star, all-NBA, and major contributor for both titles.

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:03 PM
Great argument. :sleeping
Maybe posters would take your opinions more seriously if you spent a little less time trolling and more time debating.

Prime_Shaq
01-07-2016, 10:03 PM
LeBron was the better player to have played for the Heat but Wade is the hands down GREATEST Heat player

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:04 PM
Wade is without question the greatest player in franchise history.
So career stat totals make him the best? :facepalm
I suppose you also think Kobe is greater than Jordan all time. Higher career stat totals right? :rolleyes:

Hittin_Shots
01-07-2016, 10:06 PM
Great argument. :sleeping
Maybe posters would take your opinions more seriously if you spent a little less time trolling and more time debating.

Wade should have 2/4 FMVPs and 4 chips if LeBron didn't shit the bed so much in 2011.

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:10 PM
Lebron should have 3 FMVPs and 3 chips if Wade didn't shit the bed so much in 2014.
Agreed. This thread is not about hypotheticals though. Please stay on topic.

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 10:11 PM
So career stat totals make him the best? :facepalm
I suppose you also think Kobe is greater than Jordan all time. Higher career stat totals right? :rolleyes:

How is that in any way comparable? If Jordan had played 4 seasons with the Lakers and won 2 titles, Kobe would still be considered the greater Laker all-time. In terms of franchise rankings, longevity is a MAJOR factor.

And like I said before, 3 > 2. Even by your logic of titles being the main factor, Wade is better.

In addition, if a player was the all-time NBA leader in games played, minutes, playoff games played, playoff minutes, playoff series won, championships won, regular season and playoff points, assists, steals, and was 2nd all time in blocks and 4th all-time in rebounds, wouldn’t that player be the unanimous GOAT?

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:33 PM
How is that in any way comparable? If Jordan had played 4 seasons with the Lakers and won 2 titles, Kobe would still be considered the greater Laker all-time. In terms of franchise rankings, longevity is a MAJOR factor.

And like I said before, 3 > 2. Even by your logic of titles being the main factor, Wade is better.
Again, by this logic you are implying that Kobe > MJ all time. After all, shouldn't longevity play a MAJOR factor in all time rankings as well? Kobe played a lot more seasons than MJ. :confusedshrug:
The last part of your post is complete BS and you know it. :oldlol: LEADING your team to a championship is what makes you the best! It's why most objective bball fans have Shaq over Kobe all time, despite Kobe having 1 more ring. Sidekick rings just don't carry much weight.

JohnFreeman
01-07-2016, 10:35 PM
What is with the Wade hate at the moment?

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=GrapeApe]In addition, if a player was the all-time NBA leader in games played, minutes, playoff games played, playoff minutes, playoff series won, championships won, regular season and playoff points, assists, steals, and was 2nd all time in blocks and 4th all-time in rebounds, [B]wouldn

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Again, by this logic you are implying that Kobe > MJ all time. After all, shouldn't longevity play a MAJOR factor in all time rankings as well? Kobe played a lot more seasons than MJ. :confusedshrug:
The last part of your post is complete BS and you know it. :oldlol: LEADING your team to a championship is what makes you the best! It's why most objective bball fans have Shaq over Kobe all time, despite Kobe having 1 more ring. Side kick rings just don't carry much weight.

So answer my question in my edit. If a player was the NBA all-time leader in all the categories that Wade leads the Heat, wouldn't they be the UNANIMOUS GOAT?

I know Jordan doesn't lead in all those categories, I'm saying hypothetically if a player DID.

Most championships
FG's
steals
4th in rebounding
2nd in blocks

That player would be GOAT. Easily.

JT123
01-07-2016, 10:50 PM
So answer my question in my edit. If a player was the NBA all-time leader in all the categories that Wade leads the Heat, wouldn't they be the UNANIMOUS GOAT?

I know Jordan doesn't lead in all those categories, I'm saying hypothetically if a player DID.

Most championships
FG's
steals
4th in rebounding
2nd in blocks

That player would be GOAT. Easily.
I kind of get your point, but the point I'm trying to make is why are we using different criteria with franchise rankings compared to all time rankings. Despite playing much fewer seasons than Kobe, Jordan is still greater all time due to being much more dominate in the seasons that he did play. Why shouldn't this same logic apply to Lebron with the Heat? Yes Wade has played in Miami far longer, but he was NEVER as dominate as Lebron was from 2010-2014.

Fire Colangelo
01-07-2016, 11:02 PM
Wade is the foundation of Miami's success, without him they don't win in 09. There is no Lebron without Wade.

Not to mention Wade will have played his whole career with the Heat compared to Lebron's 4 seasons.

Kind of like how Haslem will be ranked as a "greater" Heat player than Shaq when it's all said and done.

It's a different story if Lebron stayed with Miami and played the rest of his career there, he'll probably be considered a "greater" Heat player than Wade.

GrapeApe
01-07-2016, 11:05 PM
I kind of get your point, but the point I'm trying to make is why are we using different criteria with franchise rankings compared to all time rankings. Despite playing much fewer seasons than Kobe, Jordan is still greater all time due to being much more dominate in the seasons that he did play. Why shouldn't this same logic apply to Lebron with the Heat? Yes Wade has played in Miami far longer, but he was NEVER as dominate as Lebron was from 2010-2014.

It doesn't matter. If a player only played 4 NBA seasons, they would NEVER be considered for GOAT, no matter how dominant they were. Longevity isn't the end all be all, but with Wade vs Lebron you're talking about over 3x as many seasons and more than double in nearly every statistical category. That's a HUGE difference, far more than Kobe vs Jordan. Again, if a player was the all time NBA leader in as many categories as Wade leads the Heat, they are unquestionably the GOAT.

BTW, that doesn't diminish what Lebron did in Miami. I 100% think he should (and will) have his jersey retired.

Deuce Bigalow
01-07-2016, 11:16 PM

but he was NEVER as dominate as Lebron was from 2010-2014.

:lol

dubeta
01-07-2016, 11:19 PM
:lol

Rent free :oldlol:

JT is in your head

sportjames23
01-07-2016, 11:32 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

WayOfWade
01-07-2016, 11:41 PM
To answer your question as to why Franchise rankings are different from All-time rankings, is because you can only take into account what the player did in their time in that franchise, thus cutting off everything else about their careers, thus making their careers lesser due to lesser time spent there.
LeBron with Miami has 2 rings and 2 FMVP, Wade has 3 rings and 1 FMVP, which is greater is up to you.
LeBon scored >10,000 points with Miami, Wade is gunning for 20,000.
Bron has 4 all-star appearances, Wade has 11 I believe
Bron does have 2 MVP's however, but as GrapeApe said before, Wade dominates a lot of the franchises all-time rankings whereas LeBron doesn't.
Is it close? I'd say so, LeBro played out of his mind in his 4 seasons in Miami, if someone could get his stats for those 4 years that'd be pretty sweet, but Wade has the advantage of being drafted there and having a 9-year edge on LeBron with the franchise

Straight_Ballin
01-07-2016, 11:48 PM
According to ISH rings are the end all be all, and in just 4 years Lebron led the Heat to more success than Wade has in 13 seasons.
Wade may be the favorite player amongst Heat fans due to tenure, but he is NOT the best.

No one gives a shit about 2 rings that were obtained through colluding when the guy is 2/6 except people that don't understand true greatness.

Wade didn't collude for his first ring so it's more valuable that both of Bron's rings and without Wade, Bron has 0 rings.

Yes... yes... we know that Jordan never won without Pippen, but Jordan made Pippen, he didn't collude.

Chokefree
01-07-2016, 11:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/L2z4Zvo.gif

macpierce
01-08-2016, 12:03 AM
wtf posting video game gifs lol

Stout
01-08-2016, 12:03 AM
3 > 2 :hammerhead:

Straight_Ballin
01-08-2016, 12:05 AM
3 > 2 :hammerhead:

OP ethering himself on the daily. Nothing to see here. Moving on...

Stout
01-08-2016, 12:10 AM
The last part of your post is complete BS and you know it. :oldlol: LEADING your team to a championship is what makes you the best! It's why most objective bball fans have Shaq over Kobe all time, despite Kobe having 1 more ring. Sidekick rings just don't carry much weight.

It's not just longevity, but it is a factor. If Kobe went 7/7 in the Finals over 20 years and Jordan was 6/6 in 10, Kobe would have a legit case over MJ, but that isn't what happened and Jordan won more no matter how you look at it. LeBron's career is better than Wade's, but Wade did has more championships with the Heat, more deep playoff runs with the Heat, more career stats with the Heat, and only 1 less FMVP. 4 years with a team is a long way off from the 13 years Wade has been with the team.