PDA

View Full Version : Mitch Kupchak Discusses Rookies

AirTupac
01-08-2016, 11:08 AM
Randle

"We've not yet played I believe 40 games in what would be his rookie season, although he's not getting credit as a rookie so this would be his sophomore season. I think if he were a rookie he'd win rookie of the year." praised Kupchak.

Russell

"I thought he was very mediocre at best during summer league, and I think he would've said the same thing. Once the college season ends and the agents get involved, and they tell the high draft picks 'listen don't workout, don't play one-on-one, don't play five-on-five, don't do anything until the draft,'" said Kupchak, "So all they let them do is shoot. rarely do they run up and down the court because they are afraid they are going to get hurt."

"So we draft a player at the end of June and the next week is Summer League, and we have a pretty rigorous summer league preparation camp and I think some of that was a big shock to D'Angelo. He wasn't in great shape and I think he would admit that was the problem. So where we are today compared to where we were in summer league is night and day and I think he's got a very bright future."

Larry Nance

We felt he was going to get better and better," said Kupchack, "We knew he had an ACL tear that wasn't completely healed, so we knew that even what we saw was going to get better and better."

Kupchak and the front office's prediction is looking more accurate by the game, with Nance, Jr. catching fire from midrange and taking a stronger hold on his starting spot by the game, but even Kupchak was surprised by how quickly Nance, Jr. has adapted to the league.

"Now nobody can predict that a player drafted at that place in the draft is going to make an impact this quickly, so while I'd love to say we have a crystal ball and we're that good at what we do, but there is always a degree of luck in this thing," Kupchak told McGee. "He's fit right in, he's been unselfish, he's learning to take a shot when he's open, you know sometimes he hesitates because he doesn't want to upset the vets.

sammichoffate
01-08-2016, 02:22 PM
Do you think we shud trade Clarkson pac, or do u think he can play with russell in the future? I think he's too small to play traditional 2 guard, he's more of a combo guard like monta ellis.

AirBourne92
01-08-2016, 02:25 PM
randle frustrates the crap out of me. still waiting for him to break loose. it would be crazy to have a big man that strong that can dribble, shoot, and pass the rock like a guard.

TemporaMutantur
01-08-2016, 02:31 PM
randle frustrates the crap out of me. still waiting for him to break loose. it would be crazy to have a big man that strong that can dribble, shoot, and pass the rock like a guard.

He's got so much potential, He's really strong for his age, has good handle for his size. His problem is that he's often out of control, and I think that stems from his lack of patience and adeptness of lateral movement. He just needs someone to guide him and time will tell.

FKAri
01-08-2016, 02:47 PM
If Randle was eligible he'd win rookie of the year? say whaaaaaaat?

AirBourne92
01-08-2016, 02:51 PM
He's got so much potential, He's really strong for his age, has good handle for his size. His problem is that he's often out of control, and I think that stems from his lack of patience and adeptness of lateral movement. He just needs someone to guide him and time will tell.

often isnt even the right word. it's almost every time.

he's not good at being fluid in the NBA basketball court and its dynamics. that's why he's so herky jerky and out of control. you can never tell if he's going to score.

FreezingTsmoove
01-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Randle is going to be a great player. Obviously he is frustrating to watch at times but thats because hes a rookie. He is strong as hell for his age and is only going to get stronger. He can bulldoze anyone and get to the rim

Clarkson however needs to go. 23 and still has no idea how to play PG. He is only going to hurt DAngelos potential because he so badly wants to be a ball dominant PG when he is actually a two guard. He has zero court vision and screwed the Lakers last night. I fear Ben Simmons development with Clarkson running the show

AirBourne92
01-08-2016, 02:56 PM
Randle is going to be a great player. Obviously he is frustrating to watch at times but thats because hes a rookie. He is strong as hell for his age and is only going to get stronger. He can bulldoze anyone and get to the rim

Clarkson however needs to go. 23 and still has no idea how to play PG. He is only going to hurt DAngelos potential because he so badly wants to be a ball dominant PG when he is actually a two guard. He has zero court vision and screwed the Lakers last night. I fear Ben Simmons development with Clarkson running the show

:biggums:

clarkson is pretty good. he needs to brush up on ball handling but thats about it. he doesnt need to be a passing guard at all, much rather have him utilize his strengths--score.

sure sometimes he needs to fkin pass when he's off but id hate it if he started passing way more

Levity
01-08-2016, 03:00 PM
IMO, clarkson is best served as a career 6th man, for instant offense. Dont let his high pick and roll game fool you, hes not a play maker. completely lacks peripheral vision. and considering he needs to be ball dominant to be effective, hes not a good pairing next to russell.

sammichoffate
01-08-2016, 03:04 PM

Clarkson however needs to go. 23 and still has no idea how to play PG. He is only going to hurt DAngelos potential because he so badly wants to be a ball dominant PG when he is actually a two guard. He has zero court vision and screwed the Lakers last night. I fear Ben Simmons development with Clarkson running the showIt's funny how you called the late turnovers before they were gonna happen last night :roll: :applause: