PDA

View Full Version : How drastically has JJ Redick improved since joining the league?

BuffaloBill
01-08-2016, 12:10 PM
5 years ago, If you told me Redick dropped 20+ points in 4 of his last 6 games. I would run straight to his game logs and investigate immediately. Nowadays it's easy money for him. Clippers won the last seven games straight, six of which were without Blake Griffin. In those six games Redick put up 20ppg in 27mpg.

This guy is a model of exactly what you should do without the ball, and he's starting to look like that guy at duke

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XuklBm3PFU

Young X
01-08-2016, 12:23 PM
He's very, very underrated. Legitimately one of the best SG's in the league.

He's been fantastic and fits perfectly with the Clippers offensively.

You could argue he's currently having just as good a season as Korver last year. Possibly an all-star caliber if he played in the east.

ClipperRevival
01-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Given how the game is played today, a guy like Redick brings immense value to any team. 30 teams would love to have this guy. And what separates him from a strict catch and shoot guy like Korver is that Redick can put it on the floor and take a dribble or two and either create for himself or others. That just makes him that much more valuable.

chocolatethunder
01-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Given how the game is played today, a guy like Redick brings immense value to any team. 30 teams would love to have this guy. And what separates him from a strict catch and shoot guy like Korver is that Redick can put it on the floor and take a dribble or two and either create for himself or others. That just makes him that much more valuable.

Not to mention he can actually d up.

JohnMax
01-08-2016, 12:51 PM
JJ Redick > Blake Griffin

Young X
01-08-2016, 01:34 PM
JJ is shooting 49/49/88 on the season. Averaging 16 in only 27 minutes of play. :applause:

Clifton
01-08-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm very excited for him. It's taken awhile, but now he's doing in the NBA what he did in college. I didn't think he could do it. Most other people didn't either.

I'll never understand why JJ Reddick can score 18 a game in the league while Juan Dixon couldn't stick. (And plenty of other college 20ppg guys.) I guess he just wanted it more - figured out how to carve out a place for himself in the league.

ClipperRevival
01-08-2016, 01:38 PM
Not to mention he can actually d up.

He tries and is feisty but he is short for a 2 and on the below average side in terms of athleticism. So in the grand scheme of things, I would still consider him a weakness on D. And you add in a short 1 in CP3, and the Clips are really lacking height/length at the 1 and 2 positions. That's why they needed a great 3 for so long, to somewhat compensate for that weakness.

StephHamann
01-08-2016, 01:39 PM
He's very, very underrated. Legitimately one of the best SG's in the league.

He's been fantastic and fits perfectly with the Clippers offensively.

One of the best SGs in the league, a top 3 PF in the league a top 5 center.

Clutch assassin Pierce from the bench, a top coach.

Yet CP3 can't reach the WCF

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

Levity
01-08-2016, 01:51 PM
substantially. hes pretty damn amazing off the ball. throw him on the hawks, spurs or warrior and prepare to be blown away.

even on the ball, hes pretty damn good. at least, from what i remember his last half season with orlando.

Young X
01-08-2016, 01:52 PM
One of the best SGs in the league, a top 3 PF in the league a top 5 center.

Clutch assassin Pierce from the bench, a top coach.

Yet CP3 can't reach the WCF

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums:Redick >>> CP3

Bosnian Sajo
01-08-2016, 02:05 PM
He's been balling since 2012, JJ is a very good player. Always thought he should have started for the Magic next to Hedo instead of Lee.

TheImmortal
01-08-2016, 02:23 PM
JJ Redick since 2008-09 season has been mad underrated. Also, it absurd just how stacked the Clips are.. too bad their supposed floor general is a choking extraordinaire.

TheBigVeto
01-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Very drastic. I didn't expect him to last this long, let alone be the Clippers 2nd best player.

Jameerthefear
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
He's been balling since 2012, JJ is a very good player. Always thought he should have started for the Magic next to Hedo instead of Lee.
Wasn't good enough defensively then. Lee was a good defender.

dubnation
01-10-2016, 09:22 PM
He tries and is feisty but he is short for a 2 and on the below average side in terms of athleticism. So in the grand scheme of things, I would still consider him a weakness on D. And you add in a short 1 in CP3, and the Clips are really lacking height/length at the 1 and 2 positions. That's why they needed a great 3 for so long, to somewhat compensate for that weakness.

It's not only that he tries and is feisty, he's also a smart individual and team defender. I wouldn't call him below average, though he's not a great fit with CP3 defensively I agree.

Djax12
01-10-2016, 10:21 PM
Many thinks he won't fit NBA basketball
But I think he worked hard to cover his "weakness"

Make me think again about what happened to his power forward at Duke who was supposed to be a better nba player...

BigNBAfan
01-10-2016, 10:32 PM
JJ has always been good - his skills havent gotten better at all. It's alla bout how teams utilize him. He's still a shooter and strictly a shooter. Anything outside of that is normal to subpar.

dhsilv
01-10-2016, 10:35 PM
JJ has always been good - his skills havent gotten better at all. It's alla bout how teams utilize him. He's still a shooter and strictly a shooter. Anything outside of that is normal to subpar.

I didn't watch much of him early in his career, but I'd venture to guess the economy of movement he uses on defense would be night and day better today, a bit reason he's become good enough on that end to be a legit starter.