PDA

View Full Version : OGT Jan 9th, Heat vs. Jazz

WayOfWade
01-09-2016, 08:51 PM
This will be my 5th time going to see the Miami Heat here in Utah (was also the first game I ever attended). And as much as I love Dwyane Wade and the Heat, I am going to this game as a Jazz fan rooting for the Jazz.

Just a little preview, the Jazz will be missing Derrick Favors for the 9th straight game due to back spasms, Rodney Hood is gone due to a sore ankle, Alec Burks is out for at least a month more after having some broken bone or fracture; while that all sucks Rudy Gobert made his return against the Rockets and will be returning to the starting lineup tonight, thus giving us a fun Gobert v. Whiteside game that we were cheated out of at the beginning of the season.

The Heat I believe are missing Josh McRoberts, only because that's to be assumed from now until the end of time. They are coming off a great win against the Suns but are going up against a tougher opponent tonight. We'll see what happens.

PJR
01-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Enjoy the game dude.

GrapeApe
01-09-2016, 09:29 PM
The Heat need to get this one. The next 4 are at GS, LAC, Denver (where they always struggle), and OKC. They've been good on the second night of back to backs this season so hopefully that continues.

JebronLames
01-09-2016, 09:36 PM
Go jazz

Xiao Yao You
01-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Finally see if Whiteside is in Rudy's league. :applause:

derb2k2
01-09-2016, 09:58 PM
http://daylol.com/nw/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/07-PEJ6H3q.gif

TommyGriffin
01-09-2016, 10:01 PM
This will be my 5th time going to see the Miami Heat here in Utah (was also the first game I ever attended). And as much as I love Dwyane Wade and the Heat, I am going to this game as a Jazz fan rooting for the Jazz.

Just a little preview, the Jazz will be missing Derrick Favors for the 9th straight game due to back spasms, Rodney Hood is gone due to a sore ankle, Alec Burks is out for at least a month more after having some broken bone or fracture; while that all sucks Rudy Gobert made his return against the Rockets and will be returning to the starting lineup tonight, thus giving us a fun Gobert v. Whiteside game that we were cheated out of at the beginning of the season.

The Heat I believe are missing Josh McRoberts, only because that's to be assumed from now until the end of time. They are coming off a great win against the Suns but are going up against a tougher opponent tonight. We'll see what happens.

I see you are a Big Time Jazz fan but also a fan of the Heat as well. That's cool. I'm a Big Time New Orleans fan but also a fan of the Cavaliers as well.

WayOfWade
01-09-2016, 10:34 PM
Dragic is balling so far, hence the 10 point Heat lead after the first quarter, Heat lead 29-19

PJR
01-09-2016, 10:42 PM
Amare is so done. Keep him off the court.

WayOfWade
01-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Freaking Ingles, he can dunk but doesn't want to, hence the chase down block by Winslow

PJR
01-09-2016, 10:50 PM
It's crazy how Wade is literally the only player on the roster who can consistently feed Whiteside on the roll.

WayOfWade
01-09-2016, 11:00 PM
Yeah, the two just get each other.
Wade is struggling with his shot though, he's settling for all these fadeaway jumpers in the post because Gobert's in the middle, and they aren't going in

WayOfWade
01-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Hayward is going off right now! Something like 14 points so far in the third quarter

PJR
01-09-2016, 11:53 PM
Bosh balling tonight

FKAri
01-10-2016, 12:07 AM
Larry Bird killing the Heat

Whiteside playing dumb

Winslow looking useless

Wade can't hit a jumper

RRR3
01-10-2016, 12:10 AM
Are we seriously losing to the ****ing crippled Jazz? :facepalm

masonanddixon
01-10-2016, 12:11 AM

They still have Hayward and Gobert and most of their other guys.

stalkerforlife
01-10-2016, 12:11 AM
WTF is Wade doing?

Wow.

Dragic should be taking a lot more shots.

masonanddixon
01-10-2016, 12:12 AM
WTF is Wade doing?

Wow.

Dragic should be taking a lot more shots.

Yeah, it happens. Wade's ego is enormous though.

TrueBlue89
01-10-2016, 12:15 AM
Wade letting me down. :facepalm:

Wade's Rings
01-10-2016, 12:16 AM
Yeah, it happens. Wade's ego is enormous though.

Wade's taken 3 open jumpers, 1 floater, and 3 putback tips. He's taken good shots he's just missed them. You're stupid.

RRR3
01-10-2016, 12:20 AM
I'd rather Wade have the ball than Dragic, as would every other Heat fan.

PJR
01-10-2016, 12:23 AM
Wade after a tremendous night last night was bad tonight. Tough loss to take against a undermanned jazz team.

Gonna get massacred on Monday.

CakeorDeath
01-10-2016, 12:28 AM
They still have Hayward and Gobert and most of their other guys.

Still missing Favors, Exum, Burks, and Hood. That's 4/6 of the core still out.

Gobert still on limited minutes too. So, 4.5/6 of the core still out.

I used still in every sentence.

Xiao Yao You
01-10-2016, 12:28 AM

Not crippled as long as Gobert is around. A totally different team. Wasn't that impressed with Whiteside either. He's no Gobert.

Xiao Yao You
01-10-2016, 12:29 AM
Still missing Favors, Exum, Burks, and Hood. That's 4/6 of the core still out.

Gobert still on limited minutes too. So, 4.5/6 of the core still out.

I used still in every sentence.

Rudy was almost up to his regular minutes. I'm guessing he might sit tomorrow though.

CakeorDeath
01-10-2016, 12:32 AM
Rudy was almost up to his regular minutes. I'm guessing he might sit tomorrow though.

He only played 28 minutes. Slightly more than half the game. Still blocked 4 shots.

Would like him to play about 36 min a game.

He'll play tomorrow. Can tell he hates to sit.

WayOfWade
01-10-2016, 01:56 AM
He only played 28 minutes. Slightly more than half the game. Still blocked 4 shots.

Would like him to play about 36 min a game.

He'll play tomorrow. Can tell he hates to sit.
From his NBA TV interview that I just saw it looks like he'll play tomorrow. And Rudy was huge in the 4th, he really took over the game defensively and his blocks got us (the fans) really into the game. The Kings are probably ticked Gobert is back, that just ruined their playoff hopes (that and playing the Warriors tonight)

Xiao Yao You
01-10-2016, 02:09 AM
Cousins ruins their playoff hopes. Keep firing the 3's! :lol

WayOfWade
01-10-2016, 02:14 AM
Cousins ruins their playoff hopes. Keep firing the 3's! :lol
Let's be honest, the Kings are a joke and Cousins will never lead any team to the playoffs as the man :lol

DoctorP
01-10-2016, 03:28 AM
I am very disappointed in the coaching staff and in Wade himself that Wade has to shoulder such a huge load which will only lead to a quicker breakdown. There are a ton of weapons on this roster, young and older. Spo doesn't seem like he is adjusting or maybe the players are not listening but it's a shame. Why Stokes is not getting minutes with Amare is baffling to me. After Wade's huge output last night he should have been able to relax and rack up assists with his scorers but his passions may be getting the best of him... I don't know. I'm very disappointed that the team can't function without Wade going all-out.

WayOfWade
01-10-2016, 03:46 AM
They'll figure it out, they need to because the alternative isn't pretty (or cheap). The Heat played great in the first quarter though when Wade racked up like 3 assists, they just couldn't sustain it. I was watching some Dragic highlights from the Suns the other day, and the dude has lost so much swagger, a much less complete player offensively than he once was

90sgoat
01-10-2016, 04:04 AM
Now you see what Hayward can do if he gets to play like any other star in the league instead of being unselfish and playing within the system.

Easy 25-6-6 for a prime Hayward.

Great White Hope Hayward, Kevin Love go home and be the scapegoat for Lebron.