PDA

View Full Version : Clippers 7-0 without Blake and scoring 10+ more PPG without him

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Sorry folks CP3 is still the best player on the team and most complete PG in NBA. No deandre this game either.

buddha
01-09-2016, 09:07 PM
it's cause their shooters are actually hitting their shots now oh and no more Lance or Josh Smith

Spurs m8
01-09-2016, 09:08 PM
Trade Blake

notatop29pg
01-09-2016, 09:21 PM
Pretty sure DJ played today.

The rest is spot on though.

Theres a role for Blake.. he just needs to lay off the jumpers.

Lebronxrings
01-09-2016, 09:58 PM
lmao they have played against bad teams

Cocaine80s
01-09-2016, 10:07 PM
Switch Curry or Kyrie with Cp3 and Clippers are title favorites.

Cp3 ball takes away from Blake

ArbitraryWater
01-09-2016, 10:28 PM
Their schedule been terrible..

what Paul did last year without him was immensely impressive, but Blake pretty much did the same without him in 2014.

LoneyROY7
01-09-2016, 10:41 PM
These are teams they played during this stretch:

Jazz (without Gobert AND Favors)
Hornets (without Jefferson)
Wizards (without Beal)
Pelicans
Sixers
Blazers (without McCollum)
Hornets (without Jefferson AND Batum)

They've beaten 6 bad teams missing significant players. :oldlol:

Good job OP, stay stanning.

TommyGriffin
01-09-2016, 10:44 PM
Chris Paul-ball works okay against bottom-feeders. :roll:

warriorfan
01-09-2016, 10:46 PM
Chris Paul-ball works okay against bottom-feeders. :roll:
:roll:

DMAVS41
01-09-2016, 11:15 PM
The Clippers honestly might be a scarier team going with Paul, DJ...and 3 good 3 point shooters that can defend.

I know that isn't what the Clippers have, but honestly I like that a lot.

I also like the Clippers going small a lot more when Griffin comes back with him at center

Basically, this team might be best if it staggered the minutes for Griffin and DJ quite a bit more

Rocketswin2013
01-09-2016, 11:42 PM
lmao they have played against bad teams
They were losing to bad teams and had dogfights with them earlier in the year. They are wiping bad teams out right now, and that's what an elite team should do.

bdreason
01-09-2016, 11:50 PM
It's more a reflection on the league than it is Blake. With the modern rules, you're almost at a disadvantage if you try to play two Bigs... especially if one of them can't shoot outside of 5 feet (Jordan). The Clippers role-players are shooting better because they are getting more open shots. They're getting more open shots because they're playing 4-out 1-in, spreading the court, and making the defense cover more ground.

PsychoBe
01-09-2016, 11:51 PM
cp3 isn't better than curry or westbrook :facepalm

CJ Mustard
01-10-2016, 12:24 AM
You mean Blake Griffin is an overrated, empty stats player? I never would've guessed.

:oldlol:

Al Thornton
01-10-2016, 03:04 AM
The Clippers honestly might be a scarier team going with Paul, DJ...and 3 good 3 point shooters that can defend.

I know that isn't what the Clippers have, but honestly I like that a lot.

I also like the Clippers going small a lot more when Griffin comes back with him at center

Basically, this team might be best if it staggered the minutes for Griffin and DJ quite a bit more

for the regular season that is harder to guard for sure, but in the playoffs chris paul is way too easy to stop when he doesn't have another great playmaker on the court with him.

staggering the minutes better would help a lot but doc won't do it. he's determined to play 5 bench players at the same time in every game even though it has consistently proven to not work. u should have at least one of cp/jj/bg/dj on the court at all times, even if u had a super deep team it would still make sense to do that.

ClipperRevival
01-11-2016, 02:05 PM
This has happened before where both Blake and CP3 missed a lot of time and the only constant was DJ and the didn't miss a beat. If anything, it shows that DJ is a heck of a 2nd fiddle player.

It also indicates that their trio doesn't compliment each other. I think the best scenario for them is CP3 and either DJ/Blake with a great wing player. But Blake and DJ sort of have similar skill sets at times (lobs, P&R).

WayOfWade
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
I honestly think that Blake going down has kind of woken up this group to the fact that they need to step up their play if they want any chance of a title this year (however slim it already is). Granted their schedule was a godsend, playing all these teams that are either horrible, have injuries, or both. I bet they'll put up a good fight once they play some good teams, like the Heat on Wednesday. And Doc improving his rotations has also helped

SwishSquared
01-11-2016, 02:18 PM
They faced inferior competition and it overlapped with an uptick in production from their role players, perhaps due to increased usage. I think it's more blip than trend, but Doc could do this team some favors by subbing out BG 5 minutes into the game. Would give CP3 and DJ more space to operate the PnR and allow BG to wreck 2nd units. Would give their bench a boost and stability and would make better use of the parts on the roster. I think that makes the most sense honestly.

Unless of course they try to trade either CP3 and/or one of BG/DJ to completely remake the team over the summer.

Doc has to stop making BG play in the long 2-zone though. If BG is going to be on the perimeter with DJ, he needs to start taking/making 3s, perhaps from the corner. The Clippers' wings (apart from just JJ) don't adequately space the floor enough for the 2 bigs to optimally operate. Or at a minimum mix up the offensive sets enough so that Griffin isn't forced to just pick-and-pop as much.

ClipperRevival
01-11-2016, 02:22 PM
They faced inferior competition and it overlapped with an uptick in production from their role players, perhaps due to increased usage. I think it's more blip than trend, but Doc could do this team some favors by subbing out BG 5 minutes into the game. Would give CP3 and DJ more space to operate the PnR and allow BG to wreck 2nd units. Would give their bench a boost and stability and would make better use of the parts on the roster. I think that makes the most sense honestly.

Unless of course they try to trade either CP3 and/or one of BG/DJ to completely remake the team over the summer.

Doc has to stop making BG play in the long 2-zone though. If BG is going to be on the perimeter with DJ, he needs to start taking/making 3s, perhaps from the corner. The Clippers' wings (apart from just JJ) don't adequately space the floor enough for the 2 bigs to optimally operate. Or at a minimum mix up the offensive sets enough so that Griffin isn't forced to just pick-and-pop as much.

Blake has taken way too many long 2's this season. He's been deadly at times but in the long run, he's helping the opponent by just settling for those long 2s. And this has killed the offensive flow of the team at times. He's way too athletic and explosive to be consistently settling for the long 2. He needs to attack the basket more.