PDA

View Full Version : Demar Derozan to the Lakers next year?

ortonsaw
01-10-2016, 04:18 PM
They are already gave up on getting durant?

JerrySeinfeld
01-10-2016, 04:23 PM
Why not both? We're losing Hibbert and Kobes contracts after this year.

Lakers Fan
01-10-2016, 04:26 PM
If he wants a long term, max deal, I hope the Lakers pass

AirBonner
01-10-2016, 04:26 PM
already a career 44% fg shooter. He is already the next Kobe :cheers:

fiddy
01-10-2016, 04:33 PM
I will stop watching NBA if we sign that clown

Legends66NBA7
01-10-2016, 04:33 PM
I've seen this been brought up a lot and I really doubt he wants to go to a rebuilding team. It doesn't matter if he's from Calfornia.

Infact, wouldn't it make more sense if he went to the Clippers at this point in time if he was "home sick" ?

ortonsaw
01-10-2016, 04:43 PM
I've seen this been brought up a lot and I really doubt he wants to go to a rebuilding team. It doesn't matter if he's from Calfornia.

Infact, wouldn't it make more sense if he went to the Clippers at this point in time if he was "home sick" ?

I mean its the lakers right here were talking about
The team can offer him a max

Gus Hemmingway
01-10-2016, 04:46 PM
Buwahahahahahhah

Legends66NBA7
01-10-2016, 04:48 PM
I mean its the lakers right here were talking about
The team can offer him a max

The Lakers are just a name at the moment. I don't see any reason for DeRozan to leave unless there's a semblance of superteam on the horizion. It looks like they are going to completely rebuild.

If he continues to play well (23/4/4 on decent efficiency, while not being a true 1st option scorer), every team who wants his services will want to give him the max. The Lakers aren't the only team on this.

ortonsaw
01-10-2016, 04:54 PM
The Lakers are just a name at the moment. I don't see any reason for DeRozan to leave unless there's a semblance of superteam on the horizion. It looks like they are going to completely rebuild.

If he continues to play well (23/4/4 on decent efficiency, while not being a true 1st option scorer), every team who wants his services will want to give him the max. The Lakers aren't the only team on this.
Can raptors provide the same money that the lakers give

buddha
01-10-2016, 05:00 PM
nah Lakers are getting LeBron and Durant.

Legends66NBA7
01-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Can raptors provide the same money that the lakers give

Depends on what he's asking. I think if the deal is right, they'll resign him. I'm assuming he'll get something around $20 million plus a year.

For comparison's sake, DeMarre Carroll is getting $15 million a year for the Raptors and DeRozan is definitely ready for a bigger pay day than that. So would Kyle Lowry if his contract was also up.

I think they'll have enough cap room to do so. If he's asking more, they either let him walk or make trades to keep him. This doesn't necessarily mean he's Lakers bound, just would go somehwere else for a contract. He has a pretty good relationship with the Raptors GM and vice versa. Both have impacted the team in winning so, I feel 90% sure they are on the same page for contunity to the franchise.

Lebronxrings
01-10-2016, 05:56 PM
better than prime kobe

AnaheimLakers24
01-10-2016, 06:21 PM
No thanks

AirBonner
01-10-2016, 06:23 PM
No thanks
why not? they shoot an Identical percentage.

el gringos
01-10-2016, 06:39 PM
What makes you say they gave up on the idea of Durant?

The Durant plan is a looooongggg shot anyway. Obviously they'll have to have backup plans. Derozen, Fournier, and Harrison Barnes are all prob someone they'd love to get

I love how fans of about half the teams out there all believe that Durant coming to their team is a maybe

sammichoffate
01-10-2016, 07:06 PM
I like Derozan, a sign and trade involving Clarkson might be interesting if the Raptors could entertain it. Clarkson would most likely increase his production since he's younger while signing for less than Derozan would be usually getting. It's definitely a long-shot though, Derozan's an all-star SG so Toronto would be hard-pressed not to resign him, depends if they go for KD though I guess.

raprap
01-10-2016, 08:08 PM
He wants to be a Laker. I hope they don't give him the max tho

Lakers Fan
01-10-2016, 08:12 PM
He wants to be a Laker. I hope they don't give him the max tho

Say what you want about Buss but he won't break the bank for a DD-like player.

TheBigVeto
01-10-2016, 08:15 PM

No sir. Lakertards never give up on this kind of thing.
They are convinced they would get Durant, Cousins and Paul George next year. And Westbrook to come off the bench.

Do it Mitch!

JohnFreeman
01-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Why would you want Derozan?

KingLeBronJames
01-10-2016, 11:46 PM
better than prime kobe
Lol what?

Nick Young
01-10-2016, 11:56 PM
Hell no, I don't want this soft jumpshooting scrub. We already took Lou Williams, we don't need more Craptors.

Durant or George is coming next year. To be honest, I'd prefer George.

GET IT DONE MITCH.

Relinquish
01-11-2016, 12:16 AM
Hell no, I don't want this soft jumpshooting scrub. We already took Lou Williams, we don't need more Craptors.

Durant or George is coming next year. To be honest, I'd prefer George.

GET IT DONE MITCH.

George sucks. Overrated chucker.

Call me when he shoots 42% for a season as the man.

Fallen Angel
01-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Paul George is so weird.

He's the 9th worst perimeter player in 2PT FG%, yet is the 9th best perimeter player in 3PT FG%. (min. 30 mpg)

http://bkref.com/tiny/eaaEH

At his size and skill you'd think he'd shoot better from inside the arc than Trevor freaking Ariza.

Is PG13 taking bad shots? Is he missing long two pointers? What's the explanation for his poor shooting inside the three point line.

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 12:48 AM
Paul George is so weird.

He's the 9th worst perimeter player in 2PT FG%, yet is the 9th best perimeter player in 3PT FG%. (min. 30 mpg)

http://bkref.com/tiny/eaaEH

At his size and skill you'd think he'd shoot better from inside the arc than Trevor freaking Ariza.

Is PG13 taking bad shots? Is he missing long two pointers? What's the explanation for his poor shooting inside the three point line.
He fighting through constant double and triple teams, have you seen his scrub teammates?

Fallen Angel
01-11-2016, 12:54 AM
Derozan doesn't have a lot of public connections that fans know of.

The main three destinations that fans will predict Derozan to target are the Lakers, Clippers, and Raptors.

Raptors can give him the largest contract.
Lakers can give him a large contract and Hollywood connections.
Clippers can give him the best chance at winning a championship, but at a huge discount.

Fallen Angel
01-11-2016, 01:01 AM
Paul George's FG% from 0-3 ft. and 10-16 ft. are at career lows if you exclude last season.

Kungfro
01-11-2016, 01:37 AM
http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/derozan-on-future-with-raptors-this-is-where-i-want-to-be/

bluechox2
01-11-2016, 02:19 AM
next year, the weak teams get weaker