PDA

View Full Version : Would Chris Paul/Kobe/Dwight have worked?

sammichoffate
01-10-2016, 07:32 PM
Assuming that Dwight leaves Orlando for LA and the trade doesn't get blocked, do you guys think things would have played out the same with Dwight leaving?

LoneyROY7
01-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Awful personality clashes.

Gus Hemmingway
01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Nope, Kobe needs a legit 1st option HOF player next to him for lakers to be a contender. CP3 Doesn't fit that role

Black and White
01-10-2016, 07:39 PM
I honestly don't think they would have worked, theres only one ball, Dwights crying right now for touches and hes a 2nd option.

sammichoffate
01-10-2016, 07:40 PM
Awful personality clashes.Kobe and CP3 are basically the same, although CP3 most likely wouldn't have broken down like Nash so he could've assisted in the chemistry issues

AirBonner
01-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Nope, Kobe needs a legit 1st option HOF player next to him for lakers to be a contender. CP3 Doesn't fit that role
Nothing more true has ever been said :cheers:

sammichoffate
01-10-2016, 07:42 PM
I honestly don't think they would have worked, theres only one ball, Dwights crying right now for touches and hes a 2nd option.True, CP3 may or may not have given him his touches. Contrary to belief, I think Kobe gave Dwight a decent amount of touches when they played together. Dwight was injured and too demanding though I guess

Black and White
01-10-2016, 07:45 PM
True, CP3 may or may not have given him his touches. Contrary to belief, I think Kobe gave Dwight a decent amount of touches when they played together. Dwight was injured and too demanding though I guess

I think Kobe and CP3 could work, Dwight would be the issue for sure. What about this though, take out Dwight, just CP3, Kobe and Gasol with the right coach?

Kobe_6/8
01-10-2016, 07:45 PM
CP3 and Kobe are too ball-dominant to work well together.

It looks like a great 1-2 on paper, but their personalities would clash. Might even be worse than the Shaq-Kobe feud.

sammichoffate
01-10-2016, 07:48 PM
CP3 and Kobe are too ball-dominant to work well together.

It looks like a great 1-2 on paper, but their personalities would clash. Might even be worse than the Shaq-Kobe feud.Mmm, i'd imagine it would be like Westbrook and KD. Ppl think WB is too ball-dominant, but he still puts up huge stats so idk

Fire Colangelo
01-10-2016, 07:51 PM
I honestly don't think they would have worked, theres only one ball, Dwights crying right now for touches and hes a 2nd option.

Except he's not the 2nd option....

Trevor Ariza and Marcus Thorton averages more shot attempts than Dwight.

In terms of usage % almost everybody has a higher usage rate on the team tha Dwight.

It's one thing to have shots taken away by Kobe and CP3, it's another to have shots taken away by Marcus Thorton and Ariza lol. Before anybody makes a comment about Dwight's post moves; I'd rather Dwight in the post than Thorton/Ariza throwing bricks.

Lakers Fan
01-10-2016, 08:05 PM
Thanks David Stern. Lebron, Wade, Bosh. That's perfectly fine, but Kobe/CP3/Gasol was too unfair. :rolleyes:

Fallen Angel
01-10-2016, 08:10 PM
Except he's not the 2nd option....

Trevor Ariza and Marcus Thorton averages more shot attempts than Dwight.

In terms of usage % almost everybody has a higher usage rate on the team tha Dwight.

It's one thing to have shots taken away by Kobe and CP3, it's another to have shots taken away by Marcus Thorton and Ariza lol. Before anybody makes a comment about Dwight's post moves; I'd rather Dwight in the post than Thorton/Ariza throwing bricks.
Thornton is scoring 11 PPG shooting 43%/36%/88% off the bench. He's the second best scorer on this team and I'd take his offense 10 times out of 10 compared to 2016 Dwight.

If you think Dwight is still good then I hope the idiots in Toronto picks him up so you can see for yourself how garbage he is.

TheBigVeto
01-10-2016, 08:14 PM
No. CP3 would soon realize Kobe is a ballhogging clown and they would clash.