PDA

View Full Version : This Is How Lakers Become Contenders Next Year..

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 12:17 AM
1. Draft Ben Simmons

2. Trade Randle/D-Lo for Cousins.

3. With a 60mil cap, sign Durant & Rondo.

Cousins
Simmons
Durant
Clarkson
Rondo

Dr Hawk
01-11-2016, 12:18 AM
I'm not a Laker fan, but not Rondo please.

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 12:19 AM
Draft Simmons, sign George or Durant, and Cousins, we are fine.

As long as Jim Buss doesn't f*ck up our Simmons pick, we're fine.

Fallen Angel
https://media.giphy.com/media/EZshVIW0MmnbG/giphy.gif

Naero
This proposition to me was invalidated based on the fact that firing Byron Scott was omitted alone.

Dr Hawk
01-11-2016, 12:21 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 12:23 AM
I'd rather we get Paul George to be honest. Better defender+LA Native.

Other potential future Lakers next year:
Kevin Love and Russel Westbrook.

Russ to Russ backcourt with Clarkson as 6th man could be pretty good.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 12:25 AM
This proposition to me was invalidated based on the fact that firing Byron Scott was omitted alone.
That's a given bruh

CakeorDeath
01-11-2016, 12:29 AM
1. Draft Ben Simmons

Cousins
Simmons
Durant
Clarkson
Rondo

So,

1. Win the lottery
2. Make a trade that rapes the other team
3. Sign the most coveted free agent, a guy that will literally be pursued by all 30 teams and who can make the most money by staying with his current, championship caliber team.

Seems easy enough.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 12:30 AM

I don't think Paul is a FA next summer.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 12:39 AM
So,

1. Win the lottery
3. Sign the most coveted free agent, a guy that will literally be pursued by all 30 teams and who can make the most money by staying with his current, championship caliber team.

Seems easy enough.

1. Lakers, 2nd worst record.
2. Kings already asked for that package this summer.
3. Only 5 teams will have the cap to sign him, not 30, L.A market will offset the paycut

Your welcome

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 12:44 AM
I don't think Paul is a FA next summer.
We can trade, remember, Mitch GOATchak is at the helm.

Fudge
01-11-2016, 12:50 AM
You forgot:

4. Melt

5. Down

bluechox2
01-11-2016, 12:53 AM
3. Only 5 teams will have the cap to sign him, not 30, L.A market will offset the paycut

Your welcome

so durants gonna leave for randle and russell/clarkson top 5 pick (project for atleast 3 years going nowhere)...and leave behind goatbrook and that solid cast

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 12:54 AM
so durants gonna leave for randle and russell/clarkson top 5 pick (project for atleast 3 years going nowhere)...and leave behind goatbrook and that solid cast
GOATbrook and that "solid cast" is holding him back. Durantula needs to play with a real PG. D'Alphalo Russell is that man.

CakeorDeath
01-11-2016, 12:59 AM

Your welcome

1. Which means you'd have 199 out of 1,001 combinations. So there would still be an 80% chance you wouldn't win the lottery.

2. Which does not mean the Kings are still interested.

3. Because Durant has shown that he really cares about market/nightlife/the allure of major cities so far. That dude is probably the least L.A. star player in the league. If he leaves OKC, it won't be to completely start over on the second worst team in the league.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

CakeorDeath
01-11-2016, 01:02 AM
GOATbrook and that "solid cast" is holding him back. Durantula needs to play with a real PG. D'Alphalo Russell is that man.

'D'Alphalo' is traded to Sacramento under OP's proposal.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 01:06 AM

No he would trade it off for a team with inside presence in Cousins which it's needed to win a ring, for a PG in rondo who will get him open looks and give him the ball and let him flourish as a scorer and for a college phenom who will help him carry the team into retirement in Simmons.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 01:16 AM
1. Which means you'd have 199 out of 1,001 combinations. So there would still be an 80% chance you wouldn't win the lottery.

2. Which does not mean the Kings are still interested.

3. Because Durant has shown that he really cares about market/nightlife/the allure of major cities so far. That dude is probably the least L.A. star player in the league. If he leaves OKC, it won't be to completely start over on the second worst team in the league.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

1. The Odds are better than 30 other teams

2. It's the best deal the Kings could possibly get for a disgruntled player.

3. No but he can go to a franchise with a team that's build and suited for his style for him to flourish and give him a legit shot to contend

None of this happens if Lakers don't get Simmons, he's the first domino piece to fall, if that happens, Lakers will definitely have Durants attention, next step is getting Durants commitment if Lakers agree to acquire Cousins and Rondo,

Cousins, Simmons, Clarkson, Rondo >>> Adams, Ibaka, Roberson, Westbrook

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 01:25 AM
Alright, so first the Kings are going to undersell Cousins, then Durant is going to go to a lottery team out of all the teams that could pay him (Miami, OKC, etc.) and to add to that, they're going to win the lottery!
Wow! This is sure to happen! Good writing this up OP.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 01:26 AM
None of this happens if Lakers don't get Simmons, he's the first domino piece to fall, if that happens, Lakers will definitely have Durants attention, next step is getting Durants commitment if Lakers agree to acquire Cousins and Rondo,

^^^^
You're welcome son.

Alright, so first the Kings are going to undersell Cousins, then Durant is going to go to a lottery team out of all the teams that could pay him (Miami, OKC, etc.) and to add to that, they're going to win the lottery!

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 01:35 AM
Every super star in the NBA wants to go to LAL and become the next Laker great to carry on West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic and Kobe's legacy.

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 01:37 AM
^^^^
You're welcome son.
This still isn't even close to ****ing plausible. You STILL have to fleece the Kings in a trade and Durant choose a team that's awful and not on his radar. Even if the Lakers win the lottery, is Durant supposed to believe that he's taking down the Warriors with a rookie, DeAngelo Russel, and Jordan Clarkson? When he couldn't do it with Russel Westbrook and Serge Ibaka? Are you retarded?

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Every super star in the NBA wants to go to LAL and become the next Laker great to carry on West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic and Kobe's legacy.
Name a big name free agent that has signed in LA the last 10 years.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 02:04 AM
This still isn't even close to ****ing plausible. You STILL have to fleece the Kings in a trade and Durant choose a team that's awful and not on his radar. Even if the Lakers win the lottery, is Durant supposed to believe that he's taking down the Warriors with a rookie, DeAngelo Russel, and Jordan Clarkson? When he couldn't do it with Russel Westbrook and Serge Ibaka? Are you retarded?
Very plausible, little guy

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 02:06 AM
lol this kid thinks you can't build championship through drafts, trades and FA, da hell lol

NugzFan
01-11-2016, 02:12 AM
So,

1. Win the lottery

Seems easy enough.

Why you gotta bring facts and reality into this delusional lakers thread??

BarberSchool
01-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Drafting Ben Simmons and signing Paul George will happen.
They'll be an 8-seed then.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 02:16 AM
Why you gotta bring facts and reality into this delusional lakers thread??
So now it's delusional for a top destination franchise to have a high lottery pick, shit load of cap space and trade assets lmao, go to sleep bruh.

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Name a big name free agent that has signed in LA the last 10 years.
Howard was considered a top free agent by everyone on ISH, even though I knew he was a scrub.

LAL didn't need other top free agents because we had Mamba. Next season mamba wont be there. Every superstar in the league (except no-heart Lebon) will be clamoring to come to LAL to follow in Kobe's footsteps.

Mr. Jabbar
01-11-2016, 02:41 AM
Its official, we're back on top baby! Lakers championship flight get on board while you can!! :cheers: :cheers: :rockon: :banana:

AirBonner
01-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Its official, we're back on top baby! Lakers championship flight get on board while you can!! :cheers: :cheers: :rockon: :banana:
There is no time limit to become a bandwagoner :lol

nba_55
01-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Howard was considered a top free agent by everyone on ISH, even though I knew he was a scrub.

LAL didn't need other top free agents because we had Mamba. Next season mamba wont be there. Every superstar in the league (except no-heart Lebon) will be clamoring to come to LAL to follow in Kobe's footsteps.

Howard didn't sign with LAL, he got traded.

nba_55
01-11-2016, 03:00 AM
1. The Odds are better than 30 other teams

:biggums:
So much stupidity in that post. First, it's the 29 other teams. Second, no it's not better than the 29 other teams combined. :facepalm

NugzFan
01-11-2016, 03:09 AM
So now it's delusional for a top destination franchise to have a high lottery pick, shit load of cap space and trade assets lmao, go to sleep bruh.

Your dream scenario won't happen. Laker fans are delusional.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:22 AM
That's the Lakers spirit :applause: :applause: :bowdown:

Fire Colangelo
01-11-2016, 03:24 AM
I hate to ruin this for you.... But the possibility of al 3 of those happening are.... Just slim lol.

Let's put it this way:

- Assuming the Lakers outtank Philly, there's only a 25% chance of the Lakers getting the #1 pick.
- Assuming there's a 25% chance of you guys trading for Cousins (when Boston can offer an even better deal).
- Assuming there's a 25% chance of Durant signing in LA (which is fair since only 4-5 teams will have enough space for him).

Combines all together you get 1.5%. Then you add in the factor that you'll have no bench and Simmons might bust and potential injuries......

If you wanna bank on that.... Go for it I say.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:32 AM
:biggums:
So much stupidity in that post. First, it's the 29 other teams. Second, no it's not better than the 29 other teams combined. :facepalm
it's actually 28 other teams stupid, if you're gonna correct someone at least get it right. 2nd I never said "combined", only 14 teams have a shot to get the top pick, not 29 combined.

Sportal
01-11-2016, 03:43 AM
I don't honestly think that Westbrook, or Durant are Melo type stars... I think they want to win. And now. So I don't think they gamble on the Lakers, that's for sure.

Also - People saying that LA is a top destination. Stop living in 2012 and earlier.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:48 AM
Your dream scenario won't happen. Laker fans are delusional.

What's so delusional about a top 2 lottery team getting Simmons?

In regards to Cousins "The Kings are hoping for a deal that includes Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson and the Lakers' No. 2 pick(D-LO), Wojnarowski reports."

Again what's so delusional???

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:56 AM
It's a Delusion if Lakers didn't have the cap to sign 2 max players

Its a Delusion if Lakers didnt have a top 3 pick

It's a Delusion if Lakers had zero trading assets

I think your delusional if you don't think these can actually happen'

nba_55
01-11-2016, 04:07 AM
it's actually 28 other teams stupid, if you're gonna correct someone at least get it right. 2nd I never said "combined", only 14 teams have a shot to get the top pick, not 29 combined.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:
There are 30 teams loser. And I know you didn't say combined and that was one of the reason why your post was so stupid. If Lakers win the lottery, one part of your prediction happens. If they don't win it, ANY OTHER TEAM wins it, there are huge chances that your prediction doesn't happen . Therefore, you have to consider the odds of the teams combined..... Can't believe that I have to explain a concept that simple LOL

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 04:27 AM
There are 30 teams loser. And I know you didn't say combined and that was one of the reason why your post was so stupid. If Lakers win the lottery, one part of your prediction happens. If they don't win it, ANY OTHER TEAM wins it, there are huge chances that your prediction doesn't happen . Therefore, you have to consider the odds of the teams combined..... Can't believe that I have to explain a concept that simple LOL
Is this guy serious right now?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm I said "the Lakers Odds are better than 30 other teams" which I should've said 28 NOT 29 as you are implying in your failed correction attempt. Let me dumb it down for you...There Is a total of 30 teams and the Lakers are in 29th place that means there is 28 teams with a better record, so that gives the Lakers a better shot than 28 other teams.

Also why the hell do u keep using the word "combine" I NEVER said combined, are you slow? In 29th place overall, the Lakers currently have 19.9% odds at the first pick. Those are better Odds than the next 28 teams NOT combined.

nba_55
01-11-2016, 04:38 AM
Is this guy serious right now?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm I said "the Lakers Odds are better than 30 other teams" which I should've said 28 NOT 29 as you are implying in your false correction. let me dumb it down for you...There Is a total of 30 teams and the Lakers are in 29th place that means there is 28 teams with a better record, so that gives the Lakers a better shot than 28 other teams.

So you are putting the blame on me? :oldlol: All the confusion is created because of your damn stupid statement that made no sense. You said ''odds are better than 30 other teams'' replying to another poster who said ''there would still be an 80% chance you wouldn't win the lottery''. I assumed your stupid ass concluded that Lakers chances were better than all the other NBA teams combined (which are 29 other teams).

Conclusion: Don't make stupid senseless statements next time.

nba_55
01-11-2016, 04:40 AM
Is this guy serious right now?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm I said "the Lakers Odds are better than 30 other teams" which I should've said 28 NOT 29 as you are implying in your false correction. let me dumb it down for you...There Is a total of 30 teams and the Lakers are in 29th place that means there is 28 teams with a better record, so that gives the Lakers a better shot than 28 other teams.

Also why the hell do u keep using the word "combine" I NEVER said combined are you slow?

:facepalm
Because the poster you replied to was talking about all the other teams odds combined.

pastis
01-11-2016, 04:46 AM
1. Draft Ben Simmons

Cousins
Simmons
Durant
Clarkson
Rondo

1. ok

2. no way that the kings will make this happen. if its true that they were interested last year to give up a real franchise player, one of the best power fowards, putting up like 25/12......then they arent this year for sure. NO WAY. Kings wanna build around DMC because they know they will never ever draft a better one. only chance to trade DMC is another supterstar in return, like Durant or so

3. maybe

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 04:47 AM
:facepalm
Because the poster you replied to was talking about all the other teams odds combined.

It doesn't matter what he said, my point still stands, the Lakers have better Odds than any other team not named 76ers.

nba_55
01-11-2016, 04:49 AM
It doesn't matter what he said, my point still stands, the Lakers have better Odds than any other team not named 76ers.

It matters otherwise you wouldn't quote him. And you didn't say Lakers have ''better odds than any other team not named 76ers''. You made a stupid , senseless and false statement that meant nothing.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 04:50 AM
1. ok

2. no way that the kings will make this happen. if its true that they were interested last year to give up a real franchise player, one of the best power fowards, putting up like 25/12......then they arent this year for sure. NO WAY. Kings wanna build around DMC because they know they will never ever draft a better one. only chance to trade DMC is another supterstar in return, like Durant or so

3. maybe
2. I'm not pulling these ideas out of thin air, all three are possibilities, it was well reported by WOJ(a great source BYW) that the Kings were in talks with The Lakers but it died down when Kings asked for Randle and D-LO, and As of right now there is rumlings, analysts think and are suggesting that Cousins can be traded.

Springsteen
01-11-2016, 04:54 AM

:roll:

Yea, that worked out so well this year.

http://images.ischoolguide.com/data/images/full/34250/lamarcus-aldridge-and-tim-duncan.jpg

Nick Young
01-11-2016, 05:05 AM
LOL Aldridge isn't a super star, he's Lamar Odom part 2.

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 05:13 AM

They TRADED for Howard

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 05:15 AM

That was BEFORE they picked Russel. Once they picked Russel the deal was completely off the table.

Jameerthefear
01-11-2016, 05:17 AM
2. I'm not pulling these ideas out of thin air, all three are possibilities, it was well reported by WOJ(a great source BYW) that the Kings were in talks with The Lakers but it died down when Kings asked for Randle and D-LO, and As of right now there is rumlings, analysts think and are suggesting that Cousins can be traded.
Yes, they were in talks BEFORE THEY DRAFTED RUSSEL. That is a completely different thing. Hell, Boston can offer a better offer than them, Orlando too.

Combat Wombat
01-11-2016, 05:23 AM
Simmons is a real possibility although so is losing the pick so I wouldn't count on it.

Instead of gutting their roster for Cousins (which probably wouldn't be enough anyway), Lakers would be better off chasing Whiteside considering he's unlikely to resign with Miami (no bird rights).

Not to sure about Durant but if the rumors have any credibility to them, than LA is at the top of his list (supposedly) if he doesn't stay with OKC.

bobopenguin
01-11-2016, 05:39 AM
op is a copycat.

i have been saying exactly the same thing!

draft ben simmons, trade DLO+JC + fillers for Cousins, sign durant.
go search my post.

and yeah, that's gonna happen, so u guys better pray and start holding Ls.

Angel Face
01-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Most delusional fan base.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 06:00 AM
op is a copycat.

i have been saying exactly the same thing!

draft ben simmons, trade DLO+JC + fillers for Cousins, sign durant.
go search my post.

and yeah, that's gonna happen, so u guys better pray and start holding Ls.
Never seen your posts, I don't visit as much as I used to

Smoke117
01-11-2016, 08:42 AM

What kind of dumb ass would want Paul George over Kevin Durant? :facepalm

CakeorDeath
01-11-2016, 10:48 AM

Howard didn't sign with the Lakers as a free agent; he was traded there. When he was a free agent, he turned down L.A. and signed with Houston.

robert de niro
01-11-2016, 11:01 AM
forget about being a contender for a decade

NugzFan
01-11-2016, 03:20 PM

It makes me happy knowing I will be 100% right and you will be 100% wrong.

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:28 PM
It makes me happy knowing I will be 100% right and you will be 100% wrong.
Muahahaha!

G-Funk
01-11-2016, 03:29 PM
forget about being a contender for a decade
You must not know what Franchise we are talking about here.