PDA

View Full Version : Is Lillard a top 5 PG?

Inferno
01-11-2016, 01:08 AM
He's averaging something like 25/7 and improved his defense too :applause:

I can't really name 5 PG's better than him...Curry, Westbrook, Paul? Or is that just my bias because Lillard's from Oakland? :oldlol:

bdreason
01-11-2016, 01:13 AM
It's between Wall and Lillard at #5 for me. I have Lowry in the top 5 this season as well.

Curry
Westbrook
CP3
Lowry
Wall / Lillard

theaussieguy
01-11-2016, 01:17 AM
Curry
Rondo
Westbrook
CP3
Wall/Lillard

Its a blasphemy not to have the league assist leader in the top 5.

RoseCity07
01-11-2016, 01:22 AM
It's between Wall and Lillard at #5 for me. I have Lowry in the top 5 this season as well.

Curry
Westbrook
CP3
Lowry
Wall / Lillard

Lol at Lowry. Lowry is playing way over his head and doesn't step up in big games.

Lillard is average more assists and points too.

keep-itreal
01-11-2016, 05:22 AM
I like his haircut

Smoke117
01-11-2016, 08:58 AM
Lol at Lowry. Lowry is playing way over his head and doesn't step up in big games.

Lillard is average more assists and points too.

He's also on a team going nowhere right now and allowed to do whatever he pleases. He's frankly not even better than he was last season...he just shoots more. He averages 3 more points on 3 more shots with worse efficiency. I actually thought he would be better than this even if it was on a bottom feeder. His finishing ability has completely fallen off this season...he was at .642% from 0-3 feet last season and is only at .520% so far this season....that's just absurd. It could be last season was the anomaly though...as his 0-3 percentage this season is more in line with his first two seasons in the league.

Clifton
01-11-2016, 10:02 AM
No way is Lowry better.

Lillard doesn't have superhuman talent like Curry (and, I would argue, Irving, but he's gotta stay healthy).

He doesn't have the polish and body of work of Chris Paul either.

I would put him at #4.

He's the complete package offensively. He's patient, has high IQ, can almost keep up with Curry as a shooter. I need to see his defense improve though. Because of defense, Wall has a case over him, even though Wall's offensive game is markedly inferior.

But I'd definitely say he's top 5.

Edit: I forgot Westbrook! Also has superhuman talent. WB is #2. I need to bump Lillard down to 5. He's 5a and Wall is 5b.

Long Duck Dong
01-11-2016, 10:36 AM
He's the complete package offensively. He's patient, has high IQ, can almost keep up with Curry as a shooter. I need to see his defense improve though. Because of defense, Wall has a case over him, even though Wall's offensive game is markedly inferior.

Pretty sad state of affairs in the NBA when a 41% shooting PG can crack the top 5 unless they have the all around talent of a Jason Kidd type player.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Demon Lizard.

:applause:

houston
01-11-2016, 11:15 AM
curry
westbrook
paul
rondo
wall

so the answer is no

RoseCity07
01-11-2016, 11:16 AM
He's also on a team going nowhere right now and allowed to do whatever he pleases. He's frankly not even better than he was last season...he just shoots more. He averages 3 more points on 3 more shots with worse efficiency. I actually thought he would be better than this even if it was on a bottom feeder. His finishing ability has completely fallen off this season...he was at .642% from 0-3 feet last season and is only at .520% so far this season....that's just absurd. It could be last season was the anomaly though...as his 0-3 percentage this season is more in line with his first two seasons in the league.

It really doesn't seem that way to me. I haven't checked that stat but his finishing looks better every year and does this year. I've always thought his shooting from 3 has been the thing he has regressed at being able to do.

I think maybe the reason his numbers have gone down attacking the rim is that he does it so much more now. Maybe before he was only attacking when the lane was wide open. I'm pretty sure he's getting to the line more because he seems to be attacking way more often, even in situations where the defense is pretty much set.

GOBB
01-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Assist to turnover ratio is?

Mass Debator
01-11-2016, 12:25 PM
Assist to turnover ratio is?
A 1 to 1.89 ratio. Ranks 35th among point guards but 47th overall.

Smoke117
01-11-2016, 12:28 PM
It really doesn't seem that way to me. I haven't checked that stat but his finishing looks better every year and does this year. I've always thought his shooting from 3 has been the thing he has regressed at being able to do.

I think maybe the reason his numbers have gone down attacking the rim is that he does it so much more now. Maybe before he was only attacking when the lane was wide open. I'm pretty sure he's getting to the line more because he seems to be attacking way more often, even in situations where the defense is pretty much set.

I haven't really paid much attention to the Blazers so I dunno whats going on the court...but he was finishing at a much, much higher rate last season. He's not really getting to the line a lot more either...he's taking 3.6 more shots, but only .9 more fta's. It's just a curious regression.

Stout
01-11-2016, 01:32 PM
He was for 2 minutes last night.

kshutts1
01-11-2016, 01:35 PM
In terms of fantasy? Maybe.

In terms of players I'd choose to run my team? No.

Players within the following tiers are not in order:

Tier 1:
Westbrook
Curry
Paul

Tier 2:
Wall
Lowry

Tier 3:
Rondo
Lillard
Kyrie

Relinquish
01-11-2016, 01:46 PM
No, not currently.

Curry
Westbrook
Paul
Wall
Lowry

Relinquish
01-11-2016, 01:47 PM
No way is Lowry better.

Lillard doesn't have superhuman talent like Curry (and, I would argue, Irving, but he's gotta stay healthy).

He doesn't have the polish and body of work of Chris Paul either.

I would put him at #4.

Edit: I forgot Westbrook! Also has superhuman talent. WB is #2. I need to bump Lillard down to 5. He's 5a and Wall is 5b.

Wall's 10 assists a game is inferior? :wtf: