PDA

View Full Version : Is Kristaps Porzingis the best keep-in-play blocker since Russell?

oarabbus
01-11-2016, 06:16 PM
Russell was well known for his ability to soft block a shot and catch the ball/tip it to a teammate to start the break. He kept the ball in play which is far more effective than Dwight/DeAndre blocks which send the ball to the nosebleeds and give the opposition the possession.

Haven't seen anyone do them consistently the way Kristaps is doing for a while.

plowking
01-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Whiteside does it really well, and actually got similar talk.

aj1987
01-11-2016, 06:36 PM
Dude has played like 30 games. Calm down with the hyperbole.

SwishSquared
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
This was earlier in the season, but Towns did a great job at keeping the ball in play on his blocks. He was even statistically one of the best at it.

Maybe things have changed, but Whiteside was below average at this like a month ago.

oarabbus
01-12-2016, 03:39 AM

Name some better ones. It's not exactly a common skill. Javale has done it like 3 times in his career.

Smoke117
01-12-2016, 03:51 AM
lol...okay. A player you never saw actually play vs a rookie. I thought you were actually a good poster...but you just went way out of your way to go full retard. Why would you even make this stupid ****ing thread?

oarabbus
01-12-2016, 04:04 AM
lol...okay. A player you never saw actually play vs a rookie. I thought you were actually a good poster...but you just went way out of your way to go full retard. Why would you even make this stupid ****ing thread?

Chill the hell out. I made it because Porzingis just had a game with 5 blocks and all 5 stayed in-play.

And what do you mean "a player I never saw play". Are you trying to deny this type of block was one of Russell's heralded skills? It's not exactly uncommon knowledge.

Anyway Gobert and Whiteside do it pretty frequently too so the topic is probably unnecessary but still... take it easy. Let the thread die. Sometimes going full retard happens despite your best intentions.

Smoke117
01-12-2016, 04:41 AM
...yeah because you asking if some rookie is the best keep in play blocker of all time after Russell makes me the idiot...okay.

:yaohappy:

You're a ****ing all time fool for even making this god damn thread. Or maybe you are just really young? I'll accept that for this idiocit fallacy.

Milbuck
01-12-2016, 04:45 AM
Yes and it's not even close.

aj1987
01-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Name some better ones. It's not exactly a common skill. Javale has done it like 3 times in his career.
As plowking pointed out, Whiteside is right there. I really can't think of anyone off the top of head though.

Smoke, you need to chill out bro.

DaHeezy
01-12-2016, 06:31 AM
The tall fellas like Bradley, Bol, and Eaton were great at keeping it in play.

raprap
01-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Hakeem and Duncan

Patrick Chewing
01-12-2016, 10:47 AM

And he's only 20 years old. There's a reason for such uproar.....Heat fan.

bluechox2
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM

porzingod makes them quiver

PJR
01-12-2016, 12:17 PM
porzingod makes them quiver

Not really.

You're the Knicks.

The Knicks.

FKAri
01-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Not really.

You're the Knicks.

The Knicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaVa6NHwUUg

imdaman99
01-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Not really.

You're the Knicks.

The Knicks.
Knicks-Heat was a great and heated rivalry. I only hope it comes back around, you remember them days when Ewing would make Zo his bitch and knock him out of the playoffs even though the Heat were a much higher seed right? :oldlol:

Now that Wade is on the way down, Knicks get their chances :rockon: with KP6, things are looking up :pimp:

KelticForce1349
01-12-2016, 01:09 PM
...yeah because you asking if some rookie is the best keep in play blocker of all time after Russell makes me the idiot...okay.

You're a ****ing all time fool for even making this god damn thread. Or maybe you are just really young? I'll accept that for this idiocit fallacy.

:confusedshrug:

Calm down and give the dude a break...and don't out yourself any further.

:hammerhead:

NugzFan
01-12-2016, 01:12 PM
So many kids on ish.

aj1987
01-12-2016, 01:13 PM
He's a damn good player. Never denied that. Definitely an All-Star next year and probably All-NBA in 2. Might even make an All-Def team. That being said, he's on the Knicks. Probably one of the WOAT franchises in professional sports....Knicks fan.

EDIT: Is Marc the only Euro in the last decade to make an All-Def team? KP is definitely gonna be something special.

oarabbus
01-12-2016, 02:49 PM

Now you're just being a cu/\/t. Shut the **** up and get out of this thread.

G-train
01-12-2016, 06:01 PM
Is Kristaps Porzingis the best keep-in-play blocker since Russell?

Haven't seen anyone do them consistently the way Kristaps is doing for a while.

'In a while' and 'since Russell' are two very different things.

I would say the notion is offensive to the likes of Robinson, Mutombo, Mourning, Olajuwon, Eaton, Bol, Kareem, Shaq, Elmore Smith, Ewing, Gilmore, Wilt, B. Wallace, Camby.... this is just off the top of my head.

So pretty absurd thread mate.

Ratliff, Garnett... probably even today Serge Ibaka.

All these guys excelled at this skill of containing the ball as much as possible.

G-train
01-12-2016, 06:04 PM
Knicks-Heat was a great and heated rivalry. I only hope it comes back around, you remember them days when Ewing would make Zo his bitch and knock him out of the playoffs even though the Heat were a much higher seed right? :oldlol:

Now that Wade is on the way down, Knicks get their chances :rockon: with KP6, things are looking up :pimp:

3 titles in 28 years

2 titles in 70 years

Step up when that situation corrects itself.

Bird
01-12-2016, 06:44 PM
'In a while' and 'since Russell' are two very different things.

I would say the notion is offensive to the likes of Robinson, Mutombo, Mourning, Olajuwon, Eaton, Bol, Kareem, Shaq, Elmore Smith, Ewing, Gilmore, Wilt, B. Wallace, Camby.... this is just off the top of my head.

So pretty absurd thread mate.

Ratliff, Garnett... probably even today Serge Ibaka.

All these guys excelled at this skill of containing the ball as much as possible.

Not to mention the GOAT at blocking the ball and keeping it in play of the last decade - Duncan.

smoovegittar
01-12-2016, 06:46 PM
Great thread! :D

:applause: :applause: :applause:

imdaman99
01-12-2016, 06:56 PM
3 titles in 28 years

2 titles in 70 years

Step up when that situation corrects itself.
Really? Y'all took in ringchasers :oldlol: And they left you high and dry.

Knicks future alone with KP looks brighter than the Heat who are about to lose Whiteside.

Can't front though, I'd like to see a ring in my lifetime...no matter how they get it :coleman: