PDA

View Full Version : Swap LeBron and Kobe's careers.....

Black and White
01-11-2016, 08:11 PM
How do you think would they turn out?

So LeBron gets to play with Shaq and then later Gasol and is coached by Phil and Kobe plays with Wade and Bosh, plus Kyrie and Love.

For debates sake LeBron is drafted in 1996 and Kobe in 2003

Akrazotile
01-11-2016, 08:14 PM
Lebron would have like 8 rings.

Even during the years he plays with Kwame, Odom, Walton, Bynum, Farmar, he at least gets to the divisional round if not farther.

The years with Shaq, the years with Gasol, and Nash/Howard, all result in championships.

Kobe is not winning shit with Lebron's casts.

raprap
01-11-2016, 08:16 PM
LeBron won't miss the playoffs in his prime thats for sure.

Kvnzhangyay
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Both would win still

Lebron maybe a bit more because I can't see Shaq leaving when he's playing with Lebron

Gus Hemmingway
01-11-2016, 08:18 PM
Gibson
Kobe
Gooden
Varajao
Ilgauskus

Vs 07 Spurs. :lol :lol :roll:

TomBrady
01-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Gibson
Kobe
Gooden
Varajao
Ilgauskus

Vs 07 Spurs. :lol :lol :roll:
You're assuming that they even make it to the finals.

Kobe brings it in the playoffs the way Peyton does.

Bankaii
01-11-2016, 08:24 PM
Lebron was far better than Kobe in their early years. So there is a chance the could have won pre-2000.

But 2000-2004 are rings.
2005-2007 are 2nd/3rd round exits.
2008 is still a close loss.
2009-10 are rings.
2011 is a WCF loss.
2012 is most likely a ring.
2013-now is no notable success.

2004-2010 Kobe has relatively the same/worse success as Lebron (don't make the Finals in 07 though).
2011 is a ring.
2012 is probably a ring, but Kobe guarding Durant lol. KD might go off for 40 PPG and thunder win.
2013 is close because Kobe does well again the Spurs. 50/50 but I say no ring. Lebrons playmaking won that series (and Jesus). Kobe isn't as good of a playmaker.
2014: Lose before Finals.
2015: Lose to Bulls of swept in Finals.

Straight_Ballin
01-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Bron wouldn't have been able to stay with the the same team. He would have left to go ring chase and would have the same 2/6 career.

Kobe was patient. He joined the lakers in 96 and didn't win his first ring until 2000. After Lebron's first finals loss in 2007, having been in the league also 4 years, he was looking to leave Cleveland.

Kobe in the 2000 finals severely sprained his ankle. In a pivitol game 4, he only scored 14 points in the second half, and O’Neal was still the Lakers’ first option. However, with 2:33 remaining in the game, Shaq fouled out. Facing the possibility of allowing the Pacers to draw even in the series, Phil allowed 21-year-old Bryant to run isolation plays on three consecutive offensive possessions. On each of the three trips, Bryant scored. Then in game 6 Bean once again proved himself in the clutch, hitting five free throws in the final minutes to hold off the Pacers’ comeback attempt. Anyone can look at stats, but having watched both Kobe and Bron their entire careers, there's no way Bron would have been able to replicate when Kobe did after just his 4th year in the league to win that chip. Bron may have put up better stats, but when it came to crunch time, Bron was a ghost in the 4th qtr. Bron's 4th year in the league he got swept. Kobe's 4th year in the league he won a title. Both men had a good enough supporting cast to get them to the finals.

Anyone can see who the real winner is.

plowking
01-11-2016, 08:37 PM
There is so much more to winning than a simple yes or no given the circumstances. Who knows if Bron wins 3 in a row with Shaq? They might get unlucky and only win 2, or win more maybe, or not at all.

But he doesn't miss the playoffs a single year if he joins the Lakers in 96. That is pretty much a certainty.

Black and White
01-11-2016, 08:39 PM
There is so much more to winning than a simple yes or no given the circumstances. Who knows if Bron wins 3 in a row with Shaq? They might get unlucky and only win 2, or win more maybe, or not at all.

But he doesn't miss the playoffs a single year if he joins the Lakers in 96. That is pretty much a certainty.

I also think the dynamic between Shaq and LeBron means they play together much longer.

I actually think LeBron would win more.

JohnFreeman
01-11-2016, 08:42 PM
I also think the dynamic between Shaq and LeBron means they play together much longer.

What a post. Holy. Shit.

plowking
01-11-2016, 08:43 PM

Well, Shaq has left every single city on what seems to be a poor note with his dynamic guard at the time.

Penny, Kobe, Wade, not sure about Lebron in Cleveland, and Nash on the Suns? Seems like he was still salty about Nash getting MVP's over him.

Shaq more than likely stirs the pot, and they may argue. Who knows?
For as much as people like to pretend Bron isn't a leader and is "beta" or whatever the hell they're on about, he is always yelling, loud, centre of attention, and always the vocal leader, on every team he has ever been on. How well does that go down with Shaq?

Black and White
01-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Well, Shaq has left every single city on what seems to be a poor note with his dynamic guard at the time.

Penny, Kobe, Wade, not sure about Lebron in Cleveland, and Nash on the Suns? Seems like he was still salty about Nash getting MVP's over him.

Shaq more than likely stirs the pot, and they may argue. Who knows?
For as much as people like to pretend Bron isn't a leader and is "beta" or whatever the hell they're on about, he is always yelling, loud, centre of attention, and always the vocal leader, on every team he has ever been on. How well does that go down with Shaq?

Very true, however it's widely known that LeBron is a better team member from a social/chemistry standpoint, depends on how well that plays with Shaq.

I still think he eventually leaves, but they win 1 more ring in the process. So LeBron ends up with around 6 rings. I think Kobe wins in 2011 though, so he has maybe 3 rings.

Kvnzhangyay
01-11-2016, 08:57 PM
Very true, however it's widely known that LeBron is a better team member from a social/chemistry standpoint, depends on how well that plays with Shaq.

I still think he eventually leaves, but they win 1 more ring in the process. So LeBron ends up with around 6 rings. I think Kobe wins in 2011 though, so he has maybe 3 rings.

This. I see both players winning more rings than their counterpart, tbh.

The only real x-variable here imo is whether or not Shaq leaves

SwayDizzle
01-11-2016, 08:59 PM
this is stupid, the best player Kobe would play with if the situations were reversed would be Wade and they play the same position.

Marchesk
01-11-2016, 09:26 PM
this is stupid, the best player Kobe would play with if the situations were reversed would be Wade and they play the same position.

Kobe would move over to point guard.

:coleman:

Nash
01-11-2016, 09:27 PM
Kobe would not win anything with Miami with the exact same roster. Lebron had to fill so many holes for that team. He had to defend everything from PG's like Rose to bigs like West.

Especially not in 2012 when Bosh got injured. No way Kobe is winning with a front court of Juwan Howard, Ronny Turiaf, Joel Anthony and Dexter Pittman.

guy
01-12-2016, 02:14 AM
Lebron has forced every all-star big man he's played with play away from the basket. I'm sure him and Shaq would adjust but its not as good of a fit so I'll say 2 titles, say in 01 and 02 (08 and 09 Lebron). I'll say he wins in 2009 too (16 Lebron). In 2010, 2017 Lebron will be continuing his decline and they'd be facing tougher competition then the previous year. So 3 titles.

For Kobe, I'll say 04 Kobe wins in 2011 and 06 Kobe wins in 2013. They don't win in 2012 cause of 05 Kobe's injuries or in 2014 cause of the Spurs.

Mr. Jabbar
01-12-2016, 02:17 AM
Kobe was a great 1b to shaq because of his killer instinct and closing ability, which won some of the toughest western playoffs. LOL @ lechoke filling that void :lol

Straight_Ballin
01-12-2016, 02:26 AM
Kobe was a great 1b to shaq because of his killer instinct and closing ability, which won some of the toughest western playoffs. LOL @ lechoke filling that void :lol

I was just commenting on this how Kobe closed out games 4 and 6 in the 2000 finals. Bron would have choked in a similar situation based on his lack of ability to close out games.

Mr. Jabbar
01-12-2016, 02:30 AM
I was just commenting on this how Kobe closed out games 4 and 6 in the 2000 finals. Bron would have choked in a similar situation based on his lack of ability to close out games.

Lebron is so overrated around here, apart from his inability to close games, he has like two go-to moves, tops. Every good coach has erased him with role players. Kobe would KILL you from anywhere on the court. "UNGUARDABLE" like coach pop said back in the day :applause:

warriorfan
01-12-2016, 02:32 AM
Lebron is so overrated around here, apart from his inability to close games, he has like two go-to moves, tops. Every good coach has erased him with role players. Kobe would KILL you from anywhere on the court. "UNGUARDABLE" like coach pop said back in the day :applause:

lowkey huge ether right here

Smoke117
01-12-2016, 02:36 AM
It's pretty much a fact that Lebron has done a lot more with less than Kobe ever has. During his first tenure with the Cavs he was having some David Robinson like impact on the regular season...lifting teams way beyond what they should. Kobe has just never had that game...he's a great INDIVIDUAL PLAYER, but he has never really made others around him better or lifted up the game of his teammates like someone like Lebron has. It's hard to see Lebron not doing better in Kobe's situation and Kobe worse in Lebrons knowing this...especially since Lebron has never had the selfishness of Kobe that drove Shaq away. It's sad that so many people revere Kobe...a guy who put his personal glory over the ultimate call...winning championships. I mean...how do you run Shaq out of town like that? *shakes head*

Mr. Jabbar
01-12-2016, 02:41 AM
he's a great INDIVIDUAL PLAYER, but he has never really made others around him better or lifted up the game of his teammates like someone like Lebron has.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/media.eremedia.com/uploads/2014/08/15132013/bigstock-Myth-stamp-63032431-700x467.jpg

Bankaii
01-12-2016, 02:51 AM
Who has Kobe ever made better?:roll:

TomBrady
01-12-2016, 02:53 AM
He helped pad Shaq's rebounding numbers. Essential to those 3 FMVPs.

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 02:59 AM
Lol. Hypothetical threads being made to attempt to reverse the facts of history.

Facts:

Lebron+ Wade, Bosh, Allen, Shaq, Lewis, Battier, Ben Wallace, Big Z

= 2 rings

Facts:

Kobe + Shaq, Gasol, Fisher, Odom, Ariza, Shannon Brown, Luke Walton, Sasha Vujecic, DJ Mbenga

= 5 rings

Straight_Ballin
01-12-2016, 02:59 AM

Who's life has Lebron made better other than Da Real Lambo?
Dude was such a cancer that after he left, players like Boobie Gibson couldn't play for any other team because they were a product of shitty bron ball and not coachable by anyone.

SouBeachTalents
01-12-2016, 03:02 AM
Lol. Hypothetical threads being made to attempt to reverse the facts of history.

Facts:

Lebron+ Wade, Bosh, Allen, Shaq, Lewis, Battier, Ben Wallace, Big Z

= 2 rings

Facts:

Kobe + Shaq, Gasol, Fisher, Odom, Ariza, Shannon Brown, Luke Walton, Sasha Vujecic, DJ Mbenga

= 5 rings

If those are included, so are Malone, Payton, Howard, & Nash. And if Battier is listed so should Artest

Bankaii
01-12-2016, 03:03 AM
He helped pad Shaq's rebounding numbers. Essential to those 3 FMVPs.
:oldlol: Dont bring up FMVP, they don't matter when it comes to Shaq and Kobe:roll:

Who's life has Lebron made better other than Da Real Lambo?
Dude was such a cancer that after he left, players like Boobie Gibson couldn't play for any other team because they were a product of shitty bron ball and not coachable by anyone.
Dude you literally only talk about Lebron. What you said isn't even relevant.

Seriously for once make a decent contribution with something intelligent.

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 03:03 AM

Luke Walton.

He's on the coaching staff that came to the conclusion that a 6th man role player could win finals mvp if he guarded lebron.

The man has 2 rings under kobe. Show some respect

Bankaii
01-12-2016, 03:05 AM
If those are included, so are Malone, Payton, Howard, & Nash. And if Battier is listed so should Artest
You're not doing it right.

You're suppose to name only decent players for Lebron, but list the worst teammates Kobe's played with.

Using context on ISH:no:

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 03:06 AM

You realize that Lewis took Lebron's team to the woodshed only about 3 years prior to them being on the same team? :lol

The Magic advanced only to be slaughtered by Kobe Bryant and the Lakers:oldlol:

Bankaii
01-12-2016, 03:07 AM
Luke Walton.

He's on the coaching staff that came to the conclusion that a 6th man role player could win finals mvp if he guarded lebron.

The man has 2 rings under kobe. Show some respect
Rings does not improve a player.

And Kobe had no effect on Walton's bball IQ, especially since Kobe's isn't that great already.

You must really be pathetic to feel the need to troll online.

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 03:08 AM
You're not doing it right.

You're suppose to name only decent players for Lebron, but list the worst teammates Kobe's played with.

Using context on ISH:no:

Lol @ Karl Malone. You guys are pitiful. Continue making nostalgic hypothetical threads in attempt to alter the reality of how much success Kobe has had. It's kinda sad, really.

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 03:10 AM
Rings does not improve a player.

And Kobe had no effect on Walton's bball IQ, especially since Kobe's isn't that great already.

You must really be pathetic to feel the need to troll online.

Lebron has the bball IQ of a boiled peanut.

Turned, Bosh, Love ,Big Z and even Mosgov into spot up shooters and wondering why he's so easy to defeat by superior teams in the western conference in a 7 game series.

Straight_Ballin
01-12-2016, 03:13 AM
:oldlol: Dont bring up FMVP, they don't matter when it comes to Shaq and Kobe:roll:

Dude you literally only talk about Lebron. What you said isn't even relevant.

Seriously for once make a decent contribution with something intelligent.

This thread is about Kobe and Lebron. Are you still shook from thinking that Drake invented the saying "what a time to live life" that you forgot what the thread is about?

34-24 Footwork
01-12-2016, 03:14 AM
I dont blame you guys. If an opposing coach stuck Boris Diaw on my favorite player and told him to relax at about 6 feet, I'd try to revise history too.

Excerpt from 2013 Finals:

"Boris Diaw: Defensive Stopper

The other big adjustment the Spurs made was to throw one more look his way-- putting Boris Diaw on him for an extended period of time.

LeBron James by Defender, Game 5
James was 1-for-8 shooting against Diaw in Game 5, and 7-of-14 against all other defenders.

James’ first four shot attempts against Diaw were all at least 19 feet from the basket, and when he changed course and posted up, he was 0-for-3 on those attempts."

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Bankaii
01-12-2016, 03:23 AM
Trolling on an Internet forum, not even good trolling at that. Your lives must be great:sleeping

What a time!:rockon: