PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Magic Trade Ideas

el gringos
01-12-2016, 06:45 AM
I can't figure out how Orlando could try to keep all their 2/3's together. They have to trade someone and get some value out of their group of oladipo/Fournier/Mario/Tobias.

How can they make it by starting contracts out 1 each year
Tobias 16+
Fournier 20+
Oladipo 20+

And then right around then having to double vucevic's contract and have to put another presumably 40-50-60+ mill into elfrid, Gordon, and Mario

Anybody really think Orlando is about to be the first 200 million dollar payroll? Me neither. 200 obviously a little high but to have all those guys in 3-4 seasons would cost them over 150 atleast, is the cap going anywhere close to there?

What do the Orlando Magic do? Don't they have to make a trade?

el gringos
01-12-2016, 06:50 AM
They should be the team going the hardest after cousins.

Nobody could give a better deal for cousins if the magic really wanted it.

Vucevic, oladipo, and Fournier
For
Cousins

el gringos
01-12-2016, 06:52 AM
Fournier and frye
For
Afflalo or Calderon o'quinn , grant or Galloway , 2018 1st ??

kurple
01-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Oladipo for Faried and a first

HylianNightmare
01-12-2016, 08:41 AM
not trading all 3 for cousins, that's horrible? and as much as I hate dipo and like faried we already have a crowded frontcourt

el gringos
01-12-2016, 01:31 PM
not trading all 3 for cousins, that's horrible? and as much as I hate dipo and like faried we already have a crowded frontcourt
What kind of trade could be acceptable for oladipo? A 5,3, or 1?

I wasn't saying magic for sure should package those 3, just that they could and that would be maybe the strongest offer out there.

Orlando has a lot of big and valuable assets if they chose to use them. Just curious to see what everybody thinks they should do. They have to already gave made

HylianNightmare
01-12-2016, 02:11 PM
What kind of trade could be acceptable for oladipo? A 5,3, or 1?

I wasn't saying magic for sure should package those 3, just that they could and that would be maybe the strongest offer out there.

Orlando has a lot of big and valuable assets if they chose to use them. Just curious to see what everybody thinks they should do. They have to already gave made
It's tough because the magic have allot of players at the 2,3 and 4 that deserve minutes. I'd like to send out 2 of the 3 dipo Harris and or fournier and try to get one player anda pick or 2 back. Someone I know mentioned Nicholson and dipo for derozan but that sounds like a pipe dream.

el gringos
01-12-2016, 02:57 PM
It's tough because the magic have allot of players at the 2,3 and 4 that deserve minutes. I'd like to send out 2 of the 3 dipo Harris and or fournier and try to get one player anda pick or 2 back. Someone I know mentioned Nicholson and dipo for derozan but that sounds like a pipe dream.
Yeah well I agree that's what should be done. Maybe the derozen idea is closer with oladipo and Gordon ?

outbreak
01-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Man your trade ideas suck. Why would they want derozab when the issue is a lack of shooting? You are talking like they need to resign all these guys tomorrow which isn't the case but we all know what you really want is some one sided knicks trade ideas. Why would they trade gordon on his rookie deal when he is still developing? The only guy you look at moving is fournier or dipo depending on if fournier will resign. The rest it's too early to move and there isn't any one on the market right now that will really be the puece they need

el gringos
01-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Man your trade ideas suck. Why would they want derozab when the issue is a lack of shooting? You are talking like they need to resign all these guys tomorrow which isn't the case but we all know what you really want is some one sided knicks trade ideas. Why would they trade gordon on his rookie deal when he is still developing? The only guy you look at moving is fournier or dipo depending on if fournier will resign. The rest it's too early to move and there isn't any one on the market right now that will really be the puece they need
Derozen idea was someone else's. I was just saying they'd have to add to that to make that trade imo.

I think you're in denial about the ability to keep all those guys around. I would be too. Keep them all around is great if you could. No you don't have to pay most of them right now. But you will have to pay Fournier 20+ this offseason. And oladipo 20+ next season. Then another season later it's time to atleast double vucevic's and extend Gordon and elfrid and then Mario?

Do you really believe that 3 seasons from now that Orlando can pay that much for that team without a #1?

I just think they should look at oladipo/Fournier/Mario and even Tobias and realize they might be able to pick one or 2 to go into the future with and trade a couple for what might be pretty premium value.

I think it will be oladipo that gets traded. But yeah I want to see Fournier on the Knicks in the triangle. He'd be a great compliment to Carmelo and KP

Hedo15
01-12-2016, 05:14 PM
I'd like to see Faried in Orlando. I think he is just what we need beside Vuc. I wouldnt be inclined to trade Oladipo for Faried, more Tobias + Frye to clear some of the front court stock. Probably wouldnt get it done though.

outbreak
01-12-2016, 05:34 PM
Derozen idea was someone else's. I was just saying they'd have to add to that to make that trade imo.

I think you're in denial about the ability to keep all those guys around. I would be too. Keep them all around is great if you could. No you don't have to pay most of them right now. But you will have to pay Fournier 20+ this offseason. And oladipo 20+ next season. Then another season later it's time to atleast double vucevic's and extend Gordon and elfrid and then Mario?

Do you really believe that 3 seasons from now that Orlando can pay that much for that team without a #1?

I just think they should look at oladipo/Fournier/Mario and even Tobias and realize they might be able to pick one or 2 to go into the future with and trade a couple for what might be pretty premium value.

I think it will be oladipo that gets traded. But yeah I want to see Fournier on the Knicks in the triangle. He'd be a great compliment to Carmelo and KP

You flat out just want to throw out knicks trades. Why would we be trading young guys who aren't at their peak value and don't need a new contract yet for shit like afflalo? Its retarded to act like we would be activly looking at moving guys like gordon or hezonja when they are still years off an extension.

If there was a legit game changer on the market right now it's a different scenario but their isn't.

Fournier has dropped off again. The only current deal needed is wether we go with fournier or dipo long term and right now id prefer they sit tight and see how that plays out. Because of fourniers drop off its been hard to work out who is better. Last news i heard on fournier was he wanted 40 mil over 4 years and we offered 32 over 4. Hardly 20 mil a year and if you've seen how he has looked since dropping off he is loaing value not gaining.

There's no incentive to trade unless we get something we want back right now and your knicks deals offer jack shit and the rumoured players being shopped aren't inticing either

el gringos
01-12-2016, 05:59 PM
You flat out just want to throw out knicks trades. Why would we be trading young guys who aren't at their peak value and don't need a new contract yet for shit like afflalo? Its retarded to act like we would be activly looking at moving guys like gordon or hezonja when they are still years off an extension.

If there was a legit game changer on the market right now it's a different scenario but their isn't.

Fournier has dropped off again. The only current deal needed is wether we go with fournier or dipo long term and right now id prefer they sit tight and see how that plays out. Because of fourniers drop off its been hard to work out who is better. Last news i heard on fournier was he wanted 40 mil over 4 years and we offered 32 over 4. Hardly 20 mil a year and if you've seen how he has looked since dropping off he is loaing value not gaining.

There's no incentive to trade unless we get something we want back right now and your knicks deals offer jack shit and the rumoured players being shopped aren't inticing either

Cousins is a game changer.

Fournier will sign for way more than 10per.

Lou Williams & randle
For
Oladipo

outbreak
01-12-2016, 06:15 PM
Cousins is a game changer.

Fournier will sign for way more than 10per.

Lou Williams & randle
For
Oladipo
Why would we want randle and williams? Same problem of having to pay randle and randles not special.

Cousins is the only game changer but considering hennigan has said 4-5 times publicly that he values character and attitude just as much as ability i don't think they blow the team up for him. If they make moves in the short term i can only see minor moves for other young guys.

SwishSquared
01-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Why would we want randle and williams? Same problem of having to pay randle and randles not special.

Cousins is the only game changer but considering hennigan has said 4-5 times publicly that he values character and attitude just as much as ability i don't think they blow the team up for him. If they make moves in the short term i can only see minor moves for other young guys.Lol yeah these trade ideas don't make much sense for you guys.

Apparently you traded for Joe Harris, but he's recently had surgery. Once he recovers, maybe he can help spread the floor off the bench. He so far doesn't seem like a rotation piece, but you got him for free.

Smaller moves like this are much more likely than the big shake ups being proposed in this thread.

smoovegittar
01-12-2016, 06:42 PM

Cousins is the only game changer but considering hennigan has said 4-5 times publicly that he values character and attitude just as much as ability i don't think they blow the team up for him. If they make moves in the short term i can only see minor moves for other young guys.

Don't feed it..:facepalm

el gringos
01-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Lol yeah these trade ideas don't make much sense for you guys.

Apparently you traded for Joe Harris, but he's recently had surgery. Once he recovers, maybe he can help spread the floor off the bench. He so far doesn't seem like a rotation piece, but you got him for free.

Smaller moves like this are much more likely than the big shake ups being proposed in this thread.

Just say if you think Orlando will have an over 150 million dollar payroll in 3 seasons. Or if it's that you think they should let a couple of those guys play it out and then walk for free

Lou Williams would be a great piece for a lot of teams at a good contract #. Lou esp fits the magic imo and would be a great fit. Couldn't figure out how clarkson and Lou for oladipo made any more sense

Jameerthefear
01-12-2016, 07:37 PM
Just say if you think Orlando will have an over 150 million dollar payroll in 3 seasons. Or if it's that you think they should let a couple of those guys play it out and then walk for free

Lou Williams would be a great piece for a lot of teams at a good contract #. Lou esp fits the magic imo and would be a great fit. Couldn't figure out how clarkson and Lou for oladipo made any more sense
what in the hell are you pulling our payroll numbers out of? your ass?

anyways, if i could trade anyone it'd be vucevic. if we could somehow get a deal for cousins with vooch i hope we do it.

HylianNightmare
01-12-2016, 08:43 PM

anyways, if i could trade anyone it'd be vucevic. if we could somehow get a deal for cousins with vooch i hope we do it.
What?!?! No one has agreed with me when I propose that. I agree if you have to send vuc and someone else for cousins you do it in a heartbeat....maybe him and dipo for BMAC too

el gringos
01-12-2016, 08:47 PM

Vuc, oladipo, and Tobias or Fournier is the best offer any team could make.

Over the course of 3 more off seasons won't they have to be paying possibly 20+ mill per to Fournier, oladipo, vuc, tobias, and hopefully elfrid, Gordon, and Mario.

That's 7 big money players. That's a lot.

Jameerthefear
01-12-2016, 08:56 PM

Over the course of 3 more off seasons won't they have to be paying possibly 20+ mill per to Fournier, oladipo, vuc, tobias, and hopefully elfrid, Gordon, and Mario.

these two are already signed on good contracts.
mario will still be on his rookie contract.
they'll move guys, but this doesn't have much to do with it

SwishSquared
01-12-2016, 08:57 PM

anyways, if i could trade anyone it'd be vucevic. if we could somehow get a deal for cousins with vooch i hope we do it.Weren't you against trading Vuc for Cousins or am I mistaken? I can't honestly remember what your stance was a couple months back.

If I'm SAC and I do a trade with Orlando, I want Dipo, Fournier, and AG + pick(s) to re-stock after that blunder of a trade with Philly. Vuc is so gifted offensively, but I think the Kings would rather go with WCS at C full time if they move on from DMC. Maybe expand it to re-route Vuc and give Orlando something else.

HylianNightmare
01-12-2016, 08:58 PM

All 3 is too high unless someone else is coming back. I wonder if Philly would be interested in anyone For one of their bigs...

SwishSquared
01-12-2016, 09:12 PM
All 3 is too high unless someone else is coming back. I wonder if Philly would be interested in anyone For one of their bigs...Philly would listen to any offer but it has to make sense for them, in which case it makes less sense for the Magic. I can see that Philly would trade Okafor for some package around Fournier + Aaron Gordon, but I doubt Orlando has interest in that. Their asking price for Noel is likely very high too and would probably be too rich for Orlando's liking. I don't think they trade Embiid before the end of his rookie contract, but that's speculation on my part.