01-13-2016, 12:20 AM
https://streamable.com/rwnh

chest to chest poster

raprap
01-13-2016, 12:21 AM
2handed chest to chest jam. Call 3ball :bowdown:

WayOfWade
01-13-2016, 12:22 AM
Crazy how he got such a wide open lane to the rim, but then again nothing LeBron does surprises me anymore, he's just that good

VengefulAngel
01-13-2016, 12:22 AM
How an earth isn't that a foul?

Trollsmasher
01-13-2016, 12:23 AM
The Tough '10s

any other era and you get a whistle

SpaceJammeR
01-13-2016, 12:26 AM
should've been a foul considering how they were calling the game.

tmacattack33
01-13-2016, 12:27 AM

Refs were probably looking up at the ball, not below.

plowking
01-13-2016, 12:49 AM
I remember when I dunked on Devin Harris.

3ball
01-13-2016, 01:28 AM
I remember when I dunked on Devin Harris.
It's amazing how today's fan can look at the wide open lane that occurs on every single play (which allows players to get full head of steam like it's transition), and compare it to the packed lanes of previous eras.

Previously, you were wondering why FG% wasn't higher in previous eras given that they were better midrange shooters... It's obvious - they obviously weren't taking as many at-rim shots.

Players can't run THROUGH defenders that are waiting in the lane - with everyone standing in the lane, the option to penetrate just wasn't there as much, which lowered their proportion of at-rim shots... That's part of the reason Jordan shot so many more jumpshots in 1997 and 1998 than ANY player today shoots.

Furthermore, the wide open lane setup seen in the Lebron gif didn't start in earnest until the 2011 Mavs showed the league how to properly space the floor - this is why Lebron's jumpshots declined in 2012 when Miami copied them (and ever since) - he doesn't have to take as many jumpshots with the lane more wide open.

Of course, in addition to a lower proportion of at-rim shots, the percentages at the rim were lower in previous eras, due to defenders being able to WAIT in the lane, as opposed to today's defender that must help from outside the lane (due to 3-point shooting and defensive 3).

plowking
01-13-2016, 01:29 AM
You should help the high school and college posters on here write essays 3ball.

Black and White
01-13-2016, 01:30 AM
Should have been and-1, clutch play by Bron :applause:

tmacattack33
01-13-2016, 01:36 AM
It's amazing how today's fan can look at the wide open lane that occurs on every single play (which allows players to get full head of steam like it's transition), and compare it to the packed lanes of previous eras.

Previously, you were wondering why FG% wasn't higher in previous eras given that they were better midrange shooters... It's obvious - they obviously weren't taking as many at-rim shots.

Players can't run THROUGH defenders that are waiting in the lane - with everyone standing in the lane, the option to penetrate just wasn't there as much, which lowered their proportion of at-rim shots... That's part of the reason Jordan shot so many more jumpshots in 1997 and 1998 than ANY player today shoots.

Furthermore, the wide open lane setup seen in the Lebron gif didn't start in earnest until the 2011 Mavs showed the league how to properly space the floor - this is why Lebron's jumpshots declined in 2012 when Miami copied them (and ever since) - he doesn't have to take as many jumpshots with the lane more wide open.

Of course, in addition to a lower proportion of at-rim shots, the percentages at the rim were lower in previous eras, due to defenders being able to WAIT in the lane, as opposed to today's defender that must help from outside the lane (due to 3-point shooting and defensive 3).

Uh-oh, you done goofed 3Ball!

So you're saying that this new spaced out version of basketball has only been happening since 2011?

So then i guess Lebron's great 2009 season was not the result of this new spaced out version of basketball right?

3ball
I do that for $300, regardless of length, with an A guaranteed or money back.. pm for details

tmacattack33

:oldlol:

3ball
01-13-2016, 01:58 AM

So you're saying that this new spaced out version of basketball has only been happening since 2011?

So then i guess Lebron's great 2009 season was not the result of this new spaced out version of basketball right?
Not at all - spacing increased gradually as 3-point shooting increased.. Obviously, there was no spacing in the 80's when they barely took any threes, compared to 2009 when 19 threes per game were taken.

Regarding 2011 - that was the last year I watched the NBA.. The Mavs took floor-spacing to a new level by having shooters camp behind the 3-point line for entire possessions.. This created perpetual spacing and changed the game.. It no longer made sense to let players use their skill to score ON defenders, when open shots could be achieved on every play by moving the ball and scrambling the spaced-out defenders.

With offensive players only needing 3-pointers/layups/FT skill sets, the game has become impossible to watch.. A guy like Anthony Davis is assisted on 75% of his shots - this would never happen in the 80's, which means he wouldn't be a 20 ppg scorer.. I once said he'd be John Salley in the 80's, which might be taking it a little too far - but maybe not....

A lot of these guys like Danny Green and Anthony Morrow - they'd be playing in Europe in the 80's or 90's... There's also the flipside - various players have their game stifled by today's simple 3-and-D requirements and basic passing that the spacing allows - they'd be able to exhibit more skill in the 80's or 90's.

SpaceJam
01-13-2016, 02:01 AM
I do that for $300, regardless of length, with an A guaranteed or money back.. pm for details

'I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man' -3ball

Mr Feeny
01-13-2016, 02:08 AM
I
That's not true. I called 3ball for help. He got me a B minus.
Asked for my money back on his "hotline". There was no answer. Called a milllion times.
Only guy in 8th grade who didn't get an A on our test.

ISHGoat
01-13-2016, 02:10 AM
I
That's not true. I called 3ball for help. He got me a B minus.
Asked for my money back on his "hotline". There was no answer. Called a milllion times.
Only guy in 8th grade who didn't get an A on our test.

same here, except I only got a b+ on my grade 9 test

Pushxx
01-13-2016, 02:53 AM
Regarding 2011 - that was the last year I watched the NBA..

I mean you gotta get over your obsession with MJ and live your life if you haven't watched the NBA in almost 5 years and you still post here...

I gotta give you credit for actually reading 3ball's post. I thought everyone else already stopped reading them also.

Mr Feeny
01-13-2016, 02:57 AM
same here, except I only got a b+ on my grade 9 test

Wait, we're you forced to listen to "Be like mike" when waiting for his service representatives, as well? :roll:

SugarHill
01-13-2016, 02:59 AM
The Tough '10s

:cheers:

Funktion
01-13-2016, 03:01 AM
Must of found a new supplier.

Lebron23
01-13-2016, 03:17 AM
I mean you gotta get over your obsession with MJ and live your life if you haven't watched the NBA in almost 5 years and you still post here...

I gotta give you credit for actually reading 3ball's post. I thought everyone else already stopped reading them also.

I agree. He sounds like a broken record.

SavageMode
01-13-2016, 03:18 AM
Lebron James.

Dresta
01-13-2016, 09:52 AM
Lucky he was met by a little guy there, because he can't really get up these days very much. That didn't look athletic at all.

DavisIsMyUniBro
01-13-2016, 10:22 AM

when you try to make a joke but no one likes you so no one cares

sdot_thadon
01-13-2016, 10:53 AM

And amazingly probably more than 20,000 Posts since then still trying to argue the ins and outs of a game he doesn't even watch.

Lebron23
01-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Everybody hate 3balls. This is the type of poster who don't even watch, or even play the game. He's a basketball stats nerd. And he also posted the same stuff over, and over again. He must be suffering from some kind of mental disorder.

4 Inches
01-13-2016, 06:10 PM
The force of a big black man :bowdown:

Gus Hemmingway
01-13-2016, 06:12 PM
Goat gunna goat :applause:

ImKobe
01-13-2016, 06:13 PM
https://streamable.com/rwnh

chest to chest poster

you might want to look at that clip again.

FultzNationRISE
09-02-2021, 01:13 AM
Hard af

FultzNationRISE
09-03-2021, 02:13 PM
The Tough '10s

Bingo.