PDA

View Full Version : 05-06 Mavs Spurs series-best I have ever seen

masonanddixon
01-13-2016, 05:39 AM
Dirk outplaying prime Duncan and upsetting the top seeded Spurs, the Little General defeating Gregg. It had it all.

plowking
01-13-2016, 05:40 AM
Would you be an individual who happened to have suffered from blindness outside of those specific times?

masonanddixon
01-13-2016, 05:50 AM
Would you be an individual who happened to have suffered from blindness outside of those specific times?

There were other great series', sure, like both Mavs-Heat Finals, but here you had two of the best big men post players going at it in their primes.

People will look back on this series in 100 years as the greatest ever.

Kawhi
01-13-2016, 05:54 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2006-nba-western-conference-semifinals-mavericks-vs-spurs.html

Dirk most definitely outplayed Duncan.

masonanddixon
01-13-2016, 05:55 AM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2006-nba-western-conference-semifinals-mavericks-vs-spurs.html

Dirk most definitely outplayed Duncan.

It was close. Both basically played out of their minds but Mavs won...so

masonanddixon
01-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Also Duncan himself said it was the best playoffs series he was ever a part of...

Odinn
01-13-2016, 07:24 AM
Dirk outplaying prime Duncan and upsetting the top seeded Spurs, the Little General defeating Gregg. It had it all.
Dirk didn't outplay Duncan. Winning the series doesn't mean outplaying sometimes. It can be hard to comprehend, tho.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2016, 07:25 AM

Why? Because this one doesnt have an argument?

No series since then comes close, tbh.

masonanddixon
01-13-2016, 07:46 AM
Dirk didn't outplay Duncan. Winning the series doesn't mean outplaying sometimes. It can be hard to comprehend, tho.

Their output was essentially the same with Dirk receiving far more defensive attention and winning the series.

plowking
01-13-2016, 08:23 AM
Why? Because this one doesnt have an argument?

No series since then comes close, tbh.

Umm yes, there are plenty.

Bulls and Celtics that set a record number of overtimes, or how about the 2013 finals?

There are more, but those two are definitely better.

dhsilv
01-13-2016, 08:27 AM
Their output was essentially the same with Dirk receiving far more defensive attention and winning the series.

I'd save outplayed for when one player is clearly better myself...I will say Dirk made everything look easy and it looked like Duncan had to work for everything he did which is normally not a good sign if you're the guy working hard.

dhsilv
01-13-2016, 08:28 AM

Bulls and Celtics that set a record number of overtimes, or how about the 2013 finals?

I'll take two top 15 all time guys both at their peak going head to head in a 7 game series over that Bulls Celtics series.

ArbitraryWater
01-13-2016, 11:46 AM

Lmao, a first round series between two non title teams?

This series had everything, and was the actual WCF, between likely the2 best teams at their best.

2013 finals? How?

Do you all of a sudden take stage into account and excaggerate its value? You didnt seem to on the 2009 series....

you're crazy if you believe the 2013 series was better, tbh.. every single game of the '06 series went down to the wire with multiple OT's, amazing players and coaches, peaking or in their prime...

2013 didnt just not have that, also like 3 games were snoozefests and blowouts :oldlol:

Odinn
01-13-2016, 12:47 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol:

Akhenaten
01-13-2016, 12:50 PM
Spurs got PHUCKED OVER something serious by the refs in that series, funny how Dallas fans still bellyache about the 06 Finals when they shouldnt have even been there in the first place.

pastis
01-13-2016, 12:54 PM
game 7:

Spurs fan with a cardboard with David Hasselhoff on it. it read: "Go Spurs" and "sing it dirk"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

feyki
01-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Game 7 is probably best game in nba history .

WayOfWade
01-13-2016, 02:32 PM
I'd have to agree, and I didn't even see the series, I just remember getting really into the NBA in 09' and looking back on the history of the league and reading about this series and seeing how all the games went was absolutely crazy. It had everything, 2 MVP's (Dirks' was 07' but you get what I'm saying), 2 of the best teams in the league who happen to be inter-state rivals in the WCF with a chance to go to the NBA finals that goes 7 games and with the 7th game going to OT, that's some movie-material stuff right there

rmt
01-13-2016, 05:21 PM
Manu's foul is about the only thing I really regret during this great run. That would probably have been a 3-peat.

feyki
01-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Manu's foul is about the only thing I really regret during this great run. That would probably have been a 3-peat.

If Manu wouldn't played in between 05-07 , there was no championship for Spurs .

You should gratefull for Manu .

rmt
01-13-2016, 05:48 PM
If Manu wouldn't played in between 05-07 , there was no championship for Spurs .

You should gratefull for Manu .

I am grateful for Manu - but that was a dumb, unnecessary foul. Spurs were up by 3 - a basket without the foul and Mavs are still down. Manu does some boneheaded things when he's tired (recall when he rushed to the basket with 3 Heat players there and picked up an offensive foul instead of pulling up and running clock).

Don't worry - I take the good with the bad but that was a lost opportunity to repeat and possibly 3-peat.

feyki
01-13-2016, 05:54 PM
I am grateful for Manu - but that was a dumb, unnecessary foul. Spurs were up by 3 - a basket without the foul and Mavs are still down. Manu does some boneheaded things when he's tired (recall when he rushed to the basket with 3 Heat players there and picked up an offensive foul instead of pulling up and running clock).

Don't worry - I take the good with the bad but that was a lost opportunity to repeat and possibly 3-peat.

Chance . We were unlucky in 2007 playoffs too . Basketball is that way game . You didn't grab a rebound and you would lose .

masonanddixon
01-14-2016, 04:42 AM

That was ****ing nuts. But even more crazy was how the ball just slid about the rim for like 3 seconds before finally landing.

And the fact the Spurs erased that 16 point 4th quarter deficit.

masonanddixon
01-14-2016, 04:45 AM
Spurs got PHUCKED OVER something serious by the refs in that series, funny how Dallas fans still bellyache about the 06 Finals when they shouldnt have even been there in the first place.

WTF, games 1,5, and 6 the refs saved the Spurs. Especially with that Terry suspension.

dbugz
01-14-2016, 05:55 AM
Definitely one of the best playoffs series.

rmt
01-14-2016, 06:31 AM
WTF, games 1,5, and 6 the refs saved the Spurs. Especially with that Terry suspension.

Are you saying that Terry shouldn't be punished for hitting Finley in the *uts?

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 06:35 AM
the best series is LA vs Portland 2000 WCF

kobe and shaq vs practically 10 allstars

a 21 year old taking over in game 7 to basically guarantee the title for LA

the 4th quarter. the sealing lob pass. coming back 15 down

greatest series and ending ive ever seen

probably the best team to never win a title = 2000 portland trailblazers

To4
01-14-2016, 08:03 AM
Anybody have the full series?? Not the youtube vids with ugly ass songs

masonanddixon
01-14-2016, 08:29 AM
Are you saying that Terry shouldn't be punished for hitting Finley in the *uts?

Context though. Finley was literally sitting on Terry's head for like 5 seconds after that loose ball scramble.

And it was announced like right before the Game 6.

ArbitraryWater
01-14-2016, 09:14 AM
Anybody have the full series?? Not the youtube vids with ugly ass songs

Smh that Song is perfect :facepalm

DirkNowitzki41
01-14-2016, 09:53 AM
Ive never seen a man dominate a single superior team like that before (and even now).

Spurs had the refs strongly on their side and dirk STILL prevailed. That and1 is the 2nd clutchest shot of all time. 1st is Ray allen ironically against the spurs

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

dirk da gawd