PDA

View Full Version : So is it safe to say that Draymond

Marv_Albert
01-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Is the real MVP of this team, I mean come on dude averages a triple double and is the heart and soul of their defense. Nuggets getting most if not all their shots at the rim

WayOfWade
01-14-2016, 12:13 AM
Not yet, there's still 2 minutes left

Lebronxrings
01-14-2016, 12:14 AM
dray creates ball movement and makes his team better. He is also the leader and creates the defense for the warriors. Curry is great, but hes just a scorer.

Fudge
01-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Just read an article of a coach saying the same thing. I've been saying it all along.

No Draymond, no ring. Just look at what kind of team they were when D.Lee was their primary starter.

Rocketswin2013
01-14-2016, 12:15 AM
Bogut is a great supplementary defender. Too slow to really plug all the holes though. Same with Ezeli.

Curry is getting trapped and harassed as much as he did in the '15 Finals without Draymond spacing the floor, sans Nelson being awful.

wordsRweapons
01-14-2016, 12:21 AM
curry only scores 40pts 9assists without dray? pathetic

bitedez
01-14-2016, 12:21 AM
curry only scores 40pts 9assists without dray? pathetic

empty stats

Asukal
01-14-2016, 12:22 AM
Curry 20 points in the 4th. Yeah Dray is the MVP... :rolleyes:

LoneyROY7
01-14-2016, 12:22 AM
:oldlol:

outbreak
01-14-2016, 12:26 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/xbxfz.jpg

Milbuck
01-14-2016, 12:26 AM
So what happened when Steph missed his first game and Dray went 5-14 for 11 points and they got wiped off the court by Dallas?

warriorfan
01-14-2016, 12:28 AM
So what happened when Steph missed his first game and Dray went 5-14 for 11 points and they got wiped off the court by Dallas?

Stop let them keep melting :roll:

outbreak
01-14-2016, 12:28 AM
what really happened is the gsw are an exceptionally well built team and if someone is out for one or two games they aren't going to have time to adapt to that player being missing. Give them a longer period and they'll work out what changes are needed. It's just funny how some posters here act like draymond, klay and the rest are total scrubs with curry carrying them. Yeah dray and klay aren't superstars but they are very good players

WayOfWade
01-14-2016, 12:31 AM
Can't we just say both are essential to their team? It's kind of like Shaq and Kobe, one is clearly more important than the other, while neither can win without eachother

Prime_Shaq
01-14-2016, 12:42 AM
Can't we just say both are essential to their team? It's kind of like Shaq and Kobe, one is clearly more important than the other, while neither can win without eachother
Nice way of putting it. They just don't understand its a team game. Warriors aren't stacked because they have great individual players, its because of the great teamwork and chemistry and DrayGod is a very important cog in that machine.

SpaceJam
01-14-2016, 12:47 AM

This is ISH bro, logic is thrown out the window as soon as the trolls log in

wordsRweapons
01-14-2016, 12:48 AM

a little too generous of a comparison for Green

plowking
01-14-2016, 12:50 AM
They've lost two games with Dray, and only 1 with Curry.

Marv_Albert
Draymond goes out and gets a triple double every night, and is the heart and soul of their defense rim protector and completely throws the other team off course with his aggressiveness and pushing the ball. And it showed tonight warriors didn't look as epic as they have been to watch.

tmacattack33
One game :oldlol:

And one in which the Warriors were trying to figure out their new lineups and what to do without Draymond.

Give them a couple games to figure it out, and then start tracking their wins-losses. And make sure they play at least 5 games after that so that the sample size is somewhat big enough.

Damn. Y'all are trippin

raprap
01-14-2016, 12:53 AM
They've lost two games with Dray, and only 1 with Curry.
Uhmmm, Curry was playing when they lost to Milwaukee and Tonight against denver so idk where you're coming from.

Milbuck
01-14-2016, 12:54 AM
what really happened is the gsw are an exceptionally well built team and if someone is out for one or two games they aren't going to have time to adapt to that player being missing. Give them a longer period and they'll work out what changes are needed. It's just funny how some posters here act like draymond, klay and the rest are total scrubs with curry carrying them. Yeah dray and klay aren't superstars but they are very good players
I don't disagree with any of that, I have Draymond in my top 15 right now, arguably top 10. Dude is a beast. Just saying that people get waaaay too carried away with this "he's the most important player" stuff just because it's a fun narrative.

Like when Spoelstra said Bosh was the most important player on the Heat with Lebron there, when people were saying Pau was the most important player on those Laker teams, etc. It's just a fun way to hype up players that clearly are not the best players on their own team but deserve some shine. The same thing that got Iggy FMVP last year despite Curry being the undoubted centerpiece and defense-warper on the team.

Anyone that seriously beieves that over 82 games and the playoffs that the Warriors are better with Dray and no Steph than Steph and no Dray is out of their mind.

plowking
01-14-2016, 12:55 AM
Uhmmm, Curry was playing when they lost to Milwaukee and Tonight against denver so idk where you're coming from.

Cool. Curry is still better.

Didn't they get thumped in the game Curry sat?

TrueBlue89
01-14-2016, 12:57 AM
Cool. Curry is still better.

Didn't they get thumped in the game Curry sat?
In their first game without him yeah but they then won 2 straight against the Rockets & Nuggets.

Rocketswin2013
01-14-2016, 12:57 AM
Draymond is a top 10 player in the league. People should really understand that by now.

r0drig0lac
01-14-2016, 01:02 AM
Nice way of putting it. They just don't understand its a team game. Warriors aren't stacked because they have great individual players, its because of the great teamwork and chemistry and DrayGod is a very important cog in that machine.
Yes they have

L.A.Showtime
01-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Is the real MVP of this team, I mean come on dude averages a triple double and is the heart and soul of their defense. Nuggets getting most if not all their shots at the rim
Maybe just co-MVP.

Gus Hemmingway
01-14-2016, 01:04 AM
Dray n klay fam stay winning

Inferno
01-14-2016, 01:05 AM

Agree with this completely, but Steph also should get the respect he deserves; people actually think he's not the best player on the team? :oldlol:

With that said, I can't wait for Draymond to get back :rockon:

plowking
01-14-2016, 01:08 AM
Draymond is a top 10 player in the league. People should really understand that by now.

Curry, Bron, Kawhi, Durant, Davis, Blake, CP3, Westbrook, George, Cousins, etc...

Who exactly is he better than?

ArbitraryWater
01-14-2016, 01:10 AM
Curry, Bron, Kawhi, Durant, Davis, Blake, CP3, Westbrook, George, Cousins, etc...

Perhaps CP3, PG, and most likely Cous.

plowking
01-14-2016, 01:13 AM
Perhaps CP3, PG, and most likely Cous.

So if you were to start a team, you'd pick a jack of all trades player that only now is having a breakout season with career averages of 8/6/3?

You'd take that over a guy that puts up 26/11? Or one that puts up 17/10? Or another that is putting up 24/7/4?

sportjames23
01-14-2016, 01:31 AM
This is ISH bro, logic is thrown out the window as soon as the trolls log in

24/7 then, huh? :D

Milbuck
01-14-2016, 01:36 AM
So if you were to start a team, you'd pick a jack of all trades player that only now is having a breakout season with career averages of 8/6/3?

You'd take that over a guy that puts up 26/11? Or one that puts up 17/10? Or another that is putting up 24/7/4?
Yeah, it's ridiculous how much Green is getting overrated. He is a terrific player, an all-star this year, but it's not that hard to see that he's thriving on a brilliantly coached, well put together, balanced roster that uses his strengths flawlessly. He's a big piece of a machine. A big piece, but a piece nonetheless.

I really wonder how insanely good Paul George would look playing on this GS team. Where he doesn't have to do everything offensively..where there's that much spacing, so much attention being directed to Curry, tremendous ball movement and off ball motion, all the illegal screens from Bogut and Green..dude would be incredible.

WorldWarriors
01-14-2016, 01:37 AM
Agree with this completely, but Steph also should get the respect he deserves; people actually think he's not the best player on the team? :oldlol:

With that said, I can't wait for Draymond to get back :rockon: Steph won't get the respect he deserves on this forum. But he gets plenty of respect everywhere else. With Dray out, Harrison should have stepped up. He did well in the first half but totally disappeared in the 2nd half. That was disappointing. I wonder if Dray will sit tomorrow.

Black and White
01-14-2016, 01:40 AM
OP, the correct answer is no, the MVP of this team is Curry, do you not think that this team benefits at all from his shooting ability? The defensive attention he gets? No?

Prime_Shaq
01-14-2016, 01:41 AM
Yes they have
So who chose them to win the championship before last season started? Absolutely no one, its the great system that was set in place.

MellowYellow
01-14-2016, 01:48 AM

this

Prime_Shaq
01-14-2016, 01:56 AM
this
Well thats why you're a Knicks fan I guess

Rocketswin2013
01-14-2016, 01:56 AM

Griffin, George, and maybe Cousins.

Do you really believe a guy like Griffin is impacting better this year? Even when he played. I mean seriously, 23 - 25 PPG is nice, but PP right now, on Blake's own team is showing the value of floor spacing at the 4/5 And Draymond doesn't just space the floor, he is the best playmaking forward in the league and is a decent scorer. Then you add in possibly the best defense in the NBA, and it becomes clear. I'm not high enough on George's defense to rank him over Green.

I think DC and Green have been around the same level.

I think they're possibly more talented but a lot of guys have talent. Doesn't always translate to impact.

Keno
01-14-2016, 09:33 AM
empty stats

this.

Hopper15
01-14-2016, 09:39 AM

Don't bring logic into this.

ImKobe
01-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Golden State only goes as far as Draymond takes them.

SpaceJam
01-14-2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah, it's ridiculous how much Green is getting overrated. He is a terrific player, an all-star this year, but it's not that hard to see that he's thriving on a brilliantly coached, well put together, balanced roster that uses his strengths flawlessly. He's a big piece of a machine. A big piece, but a piece nonetheless.

These two get it.

Green is an all star for sure but a top 10 player in the league is someone you can take to start a team and they'd perform as a great first option, you're telling me someone of Green's talent can put a team on his back night in night out? I don't think so

The roster, the coach, the attention Curry gets allows Green to thrive in the system, and kudos to him because I remember a fair amount of guys on here where questioning whether he deserves the type of money he was gonna get during the playoffs

I'm taking Curry, Durant, LeBron, Kawhi, Blake, Davis, Cousins, George, Westbrook, CP3

All star, sure
Top 15 player, I can see the argument being made

But a top 10 player in this league right now? :no: :no: :no: