PDA

View Full Version : Curry video on NBA Youtube channel is getting alot of dislikes and negative comments

JohnMax
01-14-2016, 02:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLx9Mu4Lbs

chazzy
01-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Because the Nuggets won

Levity
01-14-2016, 02:53 PM
ISH world problems

MP.Trey
01-14-2016, 02:56 PM
That's what happens when you're called the best in the world and lose a game in the clutch. LeBron, Kobe, MJ all went through it. Nobody brags about a 20 point 4th quarter if you crumble on the last possession.

Rake2204
01-14-2016, 03:30 PM
That's what happens when you're called the best in the world and lose a game in the clutch. LeBron, Kobe, MJ all went through it. Nobody brags about a 20 point 4th quarter if you crumble on the last possession.I can only speak for the game's final 10 minutes, and I assume there had to have been a fair bit of disinterest or lack of focus/effort on the part of the Warriors throughout (Curry included) in order for the squad to be down double digits to the Nuggets in the fourth, but Stephen Curry was absolutely unreal in the game's final eight minutes or so last night.

He made a dribbling mistake at a crucial moment. But the only reason that moment was crucial is because he'd spent the previous 10 minutes playing incredible basketball.

If I hadn't seen Curry do it so many times before, his step back three over Gallinari from the right wing and his pull-up 35-footer would have each, by themselves, been some of the gutsiest and clutch regular season shots I'd ever seen. He pulled each off within minutes of one another without blinking.

Don't know what's going on with that video's dislikes but I suppose becoming good enough to become hated is the nature of the beast. I found it to be an incredible fourth quarter regardless.

Interesting to see someone go above and beyond, making shots no one has any business ever making on more than one occasion while clawing one's team back from a 10-point deficit late in the fourth, only to be torn down once his incredible plays streak hits a snag.

WorldWarriors
01-14-2016, 03:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmLx9Mu4Lbs Well that will happen when you're on the list as one of the top 10 point guards of all time. Any mis step will be amplified. Steph had 8 turnovers in that game. The Warriors lost. So I see why people are hating. It's good for him to get some hate. Hopefully he can learn from it.

ArbitraryWater
01-14-2016, 04:15 PM
I can only speak for the game's final 10 minutes, and I assume there had to have been a fair bit of disinterest or lack of focus/effort on the part of the Warriors throughout (Curry included) in order for the squad to be down double digits to the Nuggets in the fourth, but Stephen Curry was absolutely unreal in the game's final eight minutes or so last night.

He made a dribbling mistake at a crucial moment. But the only reason that moment was crucial is because he'd spent the previous 10 minutes playing incredible basketball.

If I hadn't seen Curry do it so many times before, his step back three over Gallinari from the right wing and his pull-up 35-footer would have each, by themselves, been some of the gutsiest and clutch regular season shots I'd ever seen. He pulled each off within minutes of one another without blinking.

Don't know what's going on with that video's dislikes but I suppose becoming good enough to become hated is the nature of the beast. I found it to be an incredible fourth quarter regardless.

Interesting to see someone go above and beyond, making shots no one has any business ever making on more than one occasion while clawing one's team back from a 10-point deficit late in the fourth, only to be torn down once his incredible plays streak hits a snag.

Its king of an ongoing thing for people waiting to happen on vides being uploaded in the GSW losses, since they get so many in the wins.

This one was actually a decent upload since he was pretty spectacular, still, Bron got 10x more heat than what Curry is 'feeling' now.

--

Not sure about the MJ mention^ by MP.Trey, he didn't really live in the social web era, and Kobe was always insanely popular and low on dislikes irrelevant of the asslicking being done.

Gus Hemmingway
01-14-2016, 04:29 PM
Dray n Klay Fam is worldwide:lol

tmacattack33
01-14-2016, 04:51 PM
I thought it was a good enough performance by Curry to warrant a video dedicated to it.

In 2 months (or 2 years even) from now, I'm not going to feel any need to go back to see the Nuggets win a regular season game from January 13, 2016.

But, I may get an urge to go see highlights of that one time when Steph Curry almost brought his team back from behind with an amazing 20 point 4th quarter, including a 35 foot shot that he took and made with 20 seconds left on the shot clock - maybe the first time anyone has ever done that (besides idiots like Andrew Bynum putting up shots like that for fun).

Spurs m8
01-14-2016, 04:53 PM
Dray n Klay Fam is worldwide:lol

Try harder

Rake2204
01-14-2016, 05:11 PM
I thought it was a good enough performance by Curry to warrant a video dedicated to it.

In 2 months (or 2 years even) from now, I'm not going to feel any need to go back to see the Nuggets win a regular season game from January 13, 2016.

But, I may get an urge to go see highlights of that one time when Steph Curry almost brought his team back from behind with an amazing 20 point 4th quarter, including a 35 foot shot that he took and made with 20 seconds left on the shot clock - maybe the first time anyone has ever done that (besides idiots like Andrew Bynum putting up shots like that for fun).Curry's shooting is can't-miss TV for me right now. It seems as though there's an 80 percent chance that at some point of every single Warriors game, Curry will do something I've seen only a few other times in my life, often never before.

I don't know if I've ever shaken my head in disbelief so many times for one single player. Even when other players have dominated, they've often done so using typical methods, just at an incredibly proficient level. Curry is proficient at things I've never seen people be proficient at.

That said, hearing Arbitrary claim he had eight turnovers last night helps explain some of the hate.

Edit: That Curry shot vaguely reminded me of Chris Mullin's shot against the Lakers in '91: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch98u3KRfDg#t=8m29s. Only, by comparison, Mullin's shot looks like childs play now.

bdreason
01-14-2016, 05:18 PM

He wouldn't have to score 20 points in the 4th quarter if he didn't play like crap for the previous 3 quarters.

I don't really care about the loss. The Nuggets played well and deserved the win. However, these 4th quarter comebacks are far too common with this team this season. The Spurs, Thunder, or Cavs aren't going to let you come back from 20 point, 4th quarter deficits.

WorldWarriors
01-14-2016, 05:28 PM
He wouldn't have to score 20 points in the 4th quarter if he didn't play like crap for the previous 3 quarters.

I don't really care about the loss. The Nuggets played well and deserved the win. However, these 4th quarter comebacks are far too common with this team this season. The Spurs, Thunder, or Cavs aren't going to let you come back from 20 point, 4th quarter deficits.

While true I thought the biggest issue was rebounding and defense. Nobody stepped up to the table in Dray's absence on that front.

WorldWarriors
01-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Curry's shooting is can't-miss TV for me right now. It seems as though there's an 80 percent chance that at some point of every single Warriors game, Curry will do something I've seen only a few other times in my life, often never before.

I don't know if I've ever shaken my head in disbelief so many times for one single player. Even when other players have dominated, they've often done so using typical methods, just at an incredibly proficient level. Curry is proficient at things I've never seen people be proficient at.

That said, hearing Arbitrary claim he had eight turnovers last night helps explain some of the hate.

Edit: That Curry shot vaguely reminded me of Chris Mullin's shot against the Lakers in '91: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch98u3KRfDg#t=8m29s. Only, by comparison, Mullin's shot looks like childs play now.

I said he 8 turnovers. It's not a claim. It's in the box score.

Gus Hemmingway
01-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Klay 37 point in one quarter and won the game

http://youtu.be/5nyBpt9tRsg

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dray n Klay Fam stay undefeated :rockon:

warriorfan
01-14-2016, 05:54 PM
I can only speak for the game's final 10 minutes, and I assume there had to have been a fair bit of disinterest or lack of focus/effort on the part of the Warriors throughout (Curry included) in order for the squad to be down double digits to the Nuggets in the fourth, but Stephen Curry was absolutely unreal in the game's final eight minutes or so last night.

That fourth quarter was unbelievable.

To everyone who missed it if there are any replays of the game in your area you need to check it out.

CavaliersFTW
01-14-2016, 05:59 PM
It's the NBA's fault. They have to lay in the bed they make for themselves.

They go on and on about winning and rings and I'm not saying that's right or wrong. But when they go and try to promote individualism it goes against the script they've been saying for years.

I think winning games has its value but I also think this is a team sport and so valiant losing efforts in the form of great individual performances are always going to be a thing. Valiant individual efforts that attempt to help win but ultimately still falls short should be praised but they are more often than not forgotten. The NBA doesn't do a good job of praising both, and that dislike ratio proves it.

Rake2204
01-14-2016, 06:50 PM
I said he 8 turnovers. It's not a claim. It's in the box score.Poor word choice on my part. Was my bad way of saying I didn't know he had eight turnovers until it was mentioned in this thread.

Asukal
01-14-2016, 07:03 PM
This is inevitable. Curry makes it look too easy and he's bound to have a lot of haters down the road. Still that 4thQ performance is incredible, clutch AF. :bowdown: