PDA

View Full Version : if lebron is better than kobe and jordan. then why the sh*tty career?

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 02:58 PM
simple question

if lebron is the GOAT like his fans say he is

why the 2 time ring chaser?
why the 2 time quitter?
why the 2 for 6?
why the wilt-esq chokes
why did he miss the finals twice in a row with the #1 overall record
why did he lose finals mvp to kawhi leonard
why did he lose finals mvp to andre iguodala
why did he get outperformed by jason terry in the finals

this doesnt sound like someone whos better than kobe and mike

simple questions for simple people

http://33.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbefprVyaj1qfje21.gif

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:00 PM
for every good answer. the person will be rewarded with one schrute buck

http://www.technologytell.com/entertainment/files/2014/03/schrutebucks.jpg

24-Inch_Chrome
01-14-2016, 03:02 PM
4 red bars? Didn't read.

Bron > Kobe doe.

Mr. Jabbar
01-14-2016, 03:03 PM
long story short: what he has in natural gifts he lacks in mental toughness and work ethic.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:04 PM
4 red bars? Didn't read.

green bars are for nobodies. theyre people who blend into a crowd

i'm a leader. not a fallower

tmacattack33
01-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Not sure why I'm replying to this, but i guess i'm bored.

Only about 1 in 10 Lebron fans will say he was better than MJ.

Most realize that MJ is better. And I am one of them.

Though, I am hoping Lebron can continue playing as the 2nd best player in the league as he is now for a few more years, with a few top 10 years after that, and maybe another few top 20 level years after that. And then his longevity will be better than MJ's.

Peak for peak is already over, and Lebron's 2009 or 2012 peak has fallen short of MJ's. But so has everyone else's. I'm just happy that it is in the tier of 2001 Shaq (a little below that probably) and 2003 Duncan (a little above that probably).

ShawkFactory
01-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Damn what a waste of a thread.

You should have just PMed dubeta

Showtime2001
01-14-2016, 03:28 PM
4 red bars? Didn't read.

Bron > Kobe doe.
Meltdown.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:33 PM
Not sure why I'm replying to this, but i guess i'm bored.

Only about 1 in 10 Lebron fans will say he was better than MJ.

Most realize that MJ is better. And I am one of them.

Though, I am hoping Lebron can continue playing as the 2nd best player in the league as he is now for a few more years, with a few top 10 years after that, and maybe another few top 20 level years after that. And then his longevity will be better than MJ's.

Peak for peak is already over, and Lebron's 2009 or 2012 peak has fallen short of MJ's. But so has everyone else's. I'm just happy that it is in the tier of 2001 Shaq (a little below that probably) and 2003 Duncan (a little above that probably).

so you think lebron winning with 2 other prime legends on a ring chased team/colluding and taking pay cuts on another guys franchise in which that guy already won 1 without him a few years earlier quite easly.......

...... is nearly as impressive as anything prime shaq or prime duncan did?

i wont even bother mentioning the ray allen shot

lets be honest. lebrons ring* is basically on the same level as paul pierce 2008

24-Inch_Chrome
01-14-2016, 03:34 PM
Jordan > Duncan > LeBron > Kobe.

tmacattack33
01-14-2016, 03:35 PM
so you think lebron winning with 2 other prime legends on a ring chased team/colluding and taking pay cuts on another guys franchise in which that guy already won 1 without him a few years earlier quite easly.......

Prime Shaq had teammates too. I don't recall seeing Prime Shaq on the court by himself playing against 5 other guys.

Same with Duncan.

And everybody who has ever played any team sport.

*also, I specifically mentioned 2012. So, no, Lebron did not have 2 other stars with him in those playoffs. He had Bosh for the first round, and injured Bosh for the Finals. Yet he still was able to beat a team with 3 other stars on it in Durant, Westbrook, and Harden.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Jordan > Duncan > LeBron > Kobe.

http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/the-top-nba-players-of-all-time?

luckily for me only you think this

Fudge
01-14-2016, 03:36 PM
Two reasons:

- melt

- down

That's why

24-Inch_Chrome
01-14-2016, 03:37 PM
I'll need all of that in neon, please.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:39 PM
Prime Shaq had teammates too. I don't recall seeing Prime Shaq on the court by himself playing against 5 other guys.

Same with Duncan.

And everybody who has ever played any team sport.

you silly man. theres a big difference between growing with rookies and making yourself and team into a championship squad

and just rigging 3 guys together in their primes that were all the best competition from your own conference to get a free trip to the finals

that would be the same as kidd/shaq/duncan all getting together in 1999

its a little different

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 03:41 PM
hey lebron fans

feel free to vote more for your hero. he needs the support

Mr. Jabbar
01-14-2016, 03:45 PM
hey lebron fans

feel free to vote more for your hero. he needs the support

how did lecollude crack the top 20? :biggums:

LAKingKobe
01-14-2016, 03:54 PM
He is better than Jordan. Not quite there to Kobes level

AirBonner
01-14-2016, 03:57 PM
He is better than Jordan. Not quite there to Kobes level
Agree. After he rapes a woman and misses a couple more shots he'll be there :rockon:

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Agree. After he rapes a woman and misses a couple more shots he'll be there :rockon:

they were nice blocks. but you didn't have to call lebron a woman

https://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/2/17/23/anigif_enhanced-buzz-25053-1361162180-3.gif

http://45.media.tumblr.com/fb7cda7af67162ff51b05829f44301f8/tumblr_n14euzsAHI1qcmnsoo2_400.gif

Dr Hawk
01-14-2016, 04:09 PM
Lebron better than Kobe? Might be, yes.

Better than Jordan? No way in hell

Why did Kobe miss the Playoffs in his prime? Because he lacked a team
Why did Kobe win 2 in a row? Because he had a team

Why is Lebron 2/6? Because, apart from 2011, the opposing teams were better than his team

LAKingKobe
01-14-2016, 04:18 PM

Why is Lebron 2/6? Because, apart from 2011, the opposing teams were better than his team
Both are better than Jordan for me
90s ball is so pathetic.... Everyone is so slow and the teams are so bad.... Dwight would be goat level in the 90s.
So Jordan 6 rings / 2 is 3
Which is less than Kobes 5
And lebron has 3. 2 and one half for 2014 and 2015 each where his teams were pathetic to all time legendary teams in the Spurs and warriors.
Kobe>lebron>Jordan.

Dr Hawk
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
90s ball is so pathetic.... Everyone is so slow and the teams are so bad.... Dwight would be goat level in the 90s.
And lebron has 3. 2 and one half for 2014 and 2015 each where his teams were pathetic to all time legendary teams in the Spurs and warriors.
Kobe>lebron>Jordan.

What the hell did I just read?

6/2=3?

2+0.5+0.5?

What the hell is that

AirBonner
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
Kobe>lebron>Jordan.
Strong name to post content :roll:

LAKingKobe
01-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Just my take. I know it's not fact. Just my valuation of GOAt ranking

Dr Hawk
01-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Just my take. I know it's not fact. Just my valuation of GOAt ranking

And now I'm curious. How do you calculate Russell's number of rings?

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 04:33 PM

put kobe in the east and he never misses the playoffs. but he still wins 5 titles

possibly more infact

Dr Hawk
01-14-2016, 04:41 PM
put kobe in the east and he never misses the playoffs. but he still wins 5 titles

possibly more infact

Never? Not even rookie or sopho Bryant?

LAKingKobe
01-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Don't really know. Never watched him or studies him closely enough. Prob around or in top ten from limited readings and watchings.

sdot_thadon
01-14-2016, 04:54 PM
1st off, he's not better than Mj. Just more comaprable than probably anyone else has ever been.

2nd he's better than kobe by any rational or statistical standard other than ring count which kobe isn't even 100% responsible for in his case. That's why op.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 04:56 PM
Never? Not even rookie or sopho Bryant?

hornets had a good team back in 97 and 98

but i was mainly referring to the lakers switching over

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 05:17 PM
you silly man. theres a big difference between growing with rookies and making yourself and team into a championship squad

and just rigging 3 guys together in their primes that were all the best competition from your own conference to get a free trip to the finals

that would be the same as kidd/shaq/duncan all getting together in 1999

its a little different
Kobe had a chance to do that by letting the NJ Nets draft him, but chose the easy way by putting the memo out a day before the draft....."I'll only sign with the most successful franchise in the modern era....the Lakers"

He chose to ride the pine in LA his rookie year, instead of being a starter for the Nets.

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 05:21 PM

possibly more infact
Kobe had a chance to do that by letting the NJ Nets draft him, but chose the easy way by putting the memo out a day before the draft....."I'll only sign with the most successful franchise in the modern era....the Lakers"

He chose to ride the pine in LA his rookie year, instead of being a starter for the Nets.

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 05:34 PM

proof?

its funny how kobes a sure top 8 pick but ends up going 13th

FKAri
01-14-2016, 05:46 PM
You feel it in your gut. In your heart. When you see the GOAT, you just know. I'm sure you feel it too. But being a hater, you probably feel it in your ass so it must be quite unpleasant. Nonetheless it is undeniably there.

Then there is the eye test. Bron has a beautiful game. He hits like a bull and pounces like a panther. Poetry in motion. Footwork that puts not only Michael Jordan but also Michael Jackson to shame.

Then there is intuition. Even when the facts are incomplete the clues add up to the conclusion. Like when I open a thread about MJ and my phone is slow to load, I know 3ball posted. I just know.

Gus Hemmingway
01-14-2016, 05:48 PM
You feel it in your gut. In your heart. When you see the GOAT, you just know. I'm sure you feel it too. But being a hater, you probably feel it in your ass so it must be quite unpleasant. Nonetheless it is undeniably there.

Then there is the eye test. Bron has a beautiful game. He hits like a bull and pounces like a panther. Poetry in motion. Footwork that puts not only Michael Jordan but also Michael Jackson to shame.

Then there is intuition. Even when the facts are incomplete the clues add up to the conclusion. Like when I open a thread about MJ and my phone is slow to load, I know 3ball posted. I just know.
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :applause:

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 05:54 PM
proof?

its funny how kobes a sure top 8 pick but ends up going 13th
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kobe-bryant-lakers-hornets-draft-day/265370

"How Kobe Bryant manipulated his way to Lakers on draft day"

ISHGoat
01-14-2016, 05:56 PM

:applause:

Lebron23
01-14-2016, 05:56 PM
Lebron have a good NBA career. How many NBA players have 4 MVP, and back to back Finals MVP?

His career is not yet officially over. He might win 2-3 titles before he retires from the NBA. He might win a sidekick rings someday ala Kobe, Kareem, and Duncan. But these forums love ranking players because of the numbers of rings without analyzing the context.

Smoke117
01-14-2016, 06:25 PM
Kobe>lebron>Jordan.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z198/jimmyeightysix/Tribe/Good%20Night/MichaelScottShutsdooronDunder-Mifflinguy_zps82023db0.gif

Chokefree
01-14-2016, 06:30 PM
4 red bars? Didn't read.

Bron > Kobe doe.
and you care about "online" people giving you props? LOL calm down kid

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 06:45 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kobe-bryant-lakers-hornets-draft-day/265370

"How Kobe Bryant manipulated his way to Lakers on draft day"

heres the thing though.. even if this is correct and kobe made himself a laker

there wasnt a single player on the 2000 title team left on the lakers since kobe said he wanted to play there

if it went back all the way before draft workouts ... then it would have been before the lakers could even talk about a deal for shaq

:lol

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 07:09 PM
heres the thing though.. even if this is correct and kobe made himself a laker

there wasnt a single player on the 2000 title team left on the lakers since kobe said he wanted to play there

if it went back all the way before draft workouts ... then it would have been before the lakers could even talk about a deal for shaq

:lol
"I'll only sign with the most successful franchise in the modern era....the Lakers"

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 07:14 PM
"I'll only sign with the most successful franchise in the modern era....the Lakers"

meh... the lakers were just ok at the time and on a bit of a losing streak

infact

1995 - magic says hes retiring after his joke comeback.

1996 - kobe says he wants to play for them

would be like someone in 2006 saying "i wanna be a chicago bull"

then getting hated on for wanting to be part of a winning 90's tradition

:oldlol:

SouBeachTalents
01-14-2016, 07:26 PM

lets be honest. lebrons ring* is basically on the same level as paul pierce 2008

Lol/smh at Bosh being a "legend", unless missing the playoffs and never getting past the first round is legendary to some. If Bosh never plays with LeBron his career is irrelevant

raprap
01-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Why 1/20???

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 07:35 PM
meh... the lakers were just ok at the time and on a bit of a losing streak

infact

1995 - magic says hes retiring after his joke comeback.

1996 - kobe says he wants to play for them

would be like someone in 2006 saying "i wanna be a chicago bull"

then getting hated on for wanting to be part of a winning 90's tradition

:oldlol:
1991 Finals appearance
1995 - 5th seed..... magic says hes retiring after his joke comeback.

1996 - 4th seed
1997 - Kobe's rookie year and Shaq's 4th season, 1st with LAL.

July 1996:

"Tellem yesterday wrapped up details that will ultimately pave the way for Bryant to join the Lakers, once the NBA lifts a moratorium on player transactions following next week's expected signing of a new collective bargaining agreement. Bryant, 17, may have Shaquille O'Neal as a teammate, since the departure of Vlade Divac leaves the Lakers with more than $8 million in salary-cap maneuverability for a widely anticipated pursuit of the free-agent center, whose contract with the Orlando Magic has expired."

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 07:37 PM
Lol/smh at Bosh being a "legend", unless missing the playoffs and never getting past the first round is legendary to some. If Bosh never plays with LeBron his career is irrelevant

bosh by the time hes retired will have 15+ allstar games and 2 nba titles

while winning his titles in his prime

and a near 20ppg/10rpg career average

itel hard to argue against him being one of the top 35-40 all time players

kennethgriffin
01-14-2016, 07:43 PM
1991 Finals appearance
1995 - 5th seed..... magic says hes retiring after his joke comeback.

1996 - 4th seed
1997 - Kobe's rookie year and Shaq's 4th season, 1st with LAL.

July 1996:

"Tellem yesterday wrapped up details that will ultimately pave the way for Bryant to join the Lakers, once the NBA lifts a moratorium on player transactions following next week's expected signing of a new collective bargaining agreement. Bryant, 17, may have Shaquille O'Neal as a teammate, since the departure of Vlade Divac leaves the Lakers with more than $8 million in salary-cap maneuverability for a widely anticipated pursuit of the free-agent center, whose contract with the Orlando Magic has expired."

we've already established the fact ( by your own admittance ) that kobe wanted to be part of the lakers before knowing anything about where they were going. and knowing full well that all he would have to work with was

- ceballos
- pre allstar van exel
- pre allstar version young jones
- campbell
- scrub blount

dude... the hornets looked more well off

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 08:11 PM
we've already established the fact ( by your own admittance ) that kobe wanted to be part of the lakers before knowing anything about where they were going. and knowing full well that all he would have to work with was

- ceballos
- pre allstar van exel
- pre allstar version young jones
- campbell
- scrub blount

dude... the hornets looked more well off
I never admitted to that.

Doesn't matter how the Hornets looked.....he manipulated his way to the Lakers. The New Jersey Nets and John Calipari wanted to draft Kobe 8th overall, but Kobe camp threatened not to sign and play overseas.

LeBron had no problem signing with the dumpster fire Cavs and play there for 7yrs. He took on the challenge of building a contender.

Kobe made sure he went to one of the most successful franchises of the modern era, knowingly he had no chance of getting starter mins.

Smoke117
01-14-2016, 08:29 PM
I never admitted to that.

Doesn't matter how the Hornets looked.....he manipulated his way to the Lakers. The New Jersey Nets and John Calipari wanted to draft Kobe 8th overall, but Kobe camp threatened not to sign and play overseas.

LeBron had no problem signing with the dumpster fire Cavs and play there for 7yrs. He took on the challenge of building a contender.

Kobe made sure he went to one of the most successful franchises of the modern era, knowingly he had no chance of getting starter mins.

And then when things got tough he was ready to demand a trade when he was the one who ran Shaq out of LA and put them in the position they were in.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-wanted-trade-2007-chicago-bulls-20150223-story.html

sportjames23
01-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Two reasons:

- melt

- down

That's why

WHAT. A. TIME.

sportjames23
01-14-2016, 08:38 PM
Kobe>lebron>Jordan.

Even kenneth and 9erempire aren't this trollish. :facepalm

Hey Yo
01-14-2016, 08:44 PM
And then when things got tough he was ready to demand a trade when he was the one who ran Shaq out of LA and put them in the position they were in.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-wanted-trade-2007-chicago-bulls-20150223-story.html
After and ONLY after 3 down seasons, we have this from Kobe right after getting bounced again in the first round by PHX

"Do it and do it now," he said. "Personally for me, it's beyond frustration -- three years and still being at ground zero. This summer's a big summer. We have to see what direction we want to take as an organization and make those steps and make them now."

Then cries to the media for a trade cause he has nobody to carry him anymore. He see's how hard it is to carry the majority of the load for the first time in his career.

SpaceJammeR
01-14-2016, 08:48 PM

kobe fans don't care. they choose to see and believe what they want to.

Kvnzhangyay
01-14-2016, 08:50 PM
Better career than any of us so far :confusedshrug:

SouBeachTalents
01-14-2016, 10:07 PM
bosh by the time hes retired will have 15+ allstar games and 2 nba titles

while winning his titles in his prime

and a near 20ppg/10rpg career average

itel hard to argue against him being one of the top 35-40 all time players

Gasol is going to end up ranked higher than Bosh, whether you like it or not

KiiiiNG
01-14-2016, 11:40 PM

You've never lead anything significant in your life. You never will.

You're an ugly loser, like both of your parents and your dead grandparents.

AirBonner
01-15-2016, 03:07 AM
Gasol is going to end up ranked higher than Bosh, whether you like it or not
Agree. Despite Kobe's deficiencies he single handedly won two championships.

f0und
01-15-2016, 11:16 AM
jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bron>kobe

this thread is really better off leaving jordan's name out of it because he's in a completely different tier than the other two. bron/kobe can be somewhat reasonably debated. throw jordan's name in there and it becomes stupid.

Nash
01-15-2016, 11:17 AM
jordan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>bron>kobe

this thread is really better off leaving jordan's name out of it because he's in a completely different tier than the other two. bron/kobe can be debated. throw jordan's name in there and it becomes stupid.
shitty career :lol :lol

Literally better at everything than your hero Kobe except for sidekick duties.

f0und
01-15-2016, 11:21 AM
shitty career :lol :lol

Literally better at everything than your hero Kobe except for sidekick duties.

huh? from that post, how did you get the impression that kobe is my hero? lol are you sure you quoted the right post?

FKAri
01-15-2016, 01:51 PM

fallower? You mean fellater?

Cold soul
01-15-2016, 10:49 PM
Jordan

Kobe
Lebron

This is how it stands as of now. Lebron likely passes Kobe in few years.