PDA

View Full Version : I would take Ingram over Simmons

Ca$H
01-14-2016, 04:32 PM
Honestly Ingram is a beast. His ceiling is KD on offense and Kawhi on defense.

Simmons seems like a Bran/Odom hybrid.

RedBlackAttack
01-14-2016, 04:37 PM

Simmons isn't close to LeBron as an athlete. He's probably more in line with Odom, but even that is pretty flattering company. Odom is one of the great natural athletes the game has seen over the last decade or so.

I just haven't seen that level of athleticism from Simmons. He has great court vision and a nice handle for his size. If he is that kind of natural athlete, he should be a no-brainer at No. 1. I just haven't seen it yet.

I like Ingram's skillset a lot considering where the current NBA is headed. I'm not ready to say that I'd definitely take him over Simmons, but I'm also not ruling it out.

FireDavidKahn
01-14-2016, 04:40 PM

So his ceiling is GOAT?:oldlol: :facepalm

IGOTGAME
01-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Simmons isn't close to LeBron as an athlete. He's probably more in line with Odom, but even that is pretty flattering company. Odom is one of the great natural athletes the game has seen over the last decade or so.

I just haven't seen that level of athleticism from Simmons. He has great court vision and a nice handle for his size. If he is that kind of natural athlete, he should be a no-brainer at No. 1. I just haven't seen it yet.

I like Ingram's skillset a lot considering where the current NBA is headed. I'm not ready to say that I'd definitely take him over Simmons, but I'm also not ruling it out.

I agree with this. Although I'm leaning closer to saying I've seen it. But I'll wait til he plays a front court with actual NBA size.

The big difference between Odom and Simmons in terms of playing power forward is standing reach and wingspan.

VengefulAngel
01-14-2016, 04:43 PM

I agree Simmons isn't the athlete Lebron was but if I were to pick a player he reminds me of, it would certainly be Lebron. He's a great rebounder for his size, his passing ability is immense and he's athletic. The problem of course his reluctance to take the outside shot which is obviously a weak point.

I just can't pick Ingram over Simmons given the potential of Simmons, I just think that the upside is so much higher and that his game can clearly transition into the NBA game.

We'll see though.

VengefulAngel
01-14-2016, 04:45 PM
I agree with this. Although I'm leaning closer to saying I've seen it. But I'll wait til he plays a front court with actual NBA size.

The big difference between Odom and Simmons in terms of playing power forward is standing reach and wingspan.

Sometimes I see Lebron type athleticism, the mix of speed, strength and explosiveness, other times I think he's a tier below what Lebron was able to produce. Although I must admit I haven't watched enough of him to be definitive on this.

NugzFan
01-14-2016, 04:45 PM
What if the Warriors got Simmons and Ingram? With Durant of course.

FreezingTsmoove
01-14-2016, 05:06 PM
Same

LoneyROY7
01-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Same

Da f*ck? I thought you were the conductor of the Simmons hype train...:wtf:

outbreak
01-14-2016, 05:14 PM
I still don't know on Simmons. He just dominates the college level but with out a jump shot and with his style of play on the interior he's going to need to change something to be effective at the NBA level. Don't think I'd take ingram over simmons though at this point.

SugarHill
01-14-2016, 05:16 PM
man said durant on offense, kawhi on defense all casual

Milbuck
01-14-2016, 05:18 PM
Isn't Simmons like a full year older than Ingram and a lot of the other one and dones? Every time I watch him it seems like he's just out-muscling, out-athlete-ing, out-talenting way inferior competition, it's like what I'd imagine Wiggins, Embiid, Davis, Towns, Okafor, Jabari, Russell, etc would look like in college if they stayed a 2nd year..they'd destroy the competition.

LoneyROY7
01-14-2016, 05:18 PM

A raw KD was casually dropping 26 and 11 in college. :oldlol:

IGOTGAME
01-14-2016, 05:23 PM
Isn't Simmons like a full year older than Ingram and a lot of the other one and dones? Every time I watch him it seems like he's just out-muscling, out-athlete-ing, out-talenting way inferior competition, it's like what I'd imagine Wiggins, Embiid, Davis, Towns, Okafor, Jabari, Russell, etc would look like in college if they stayed a 2nd year..they'd destroy the competition.
I see a lot of the out athleting too...but he might do a hell of s lot of that in the NBA

SugarHill
01-14-2016, 05:24 PM
Blake stayed a second year. Most players in history stayed more than a single year. Lillard as a guard stayed 4 years. It shouldn't be a knock.

Fallen Angel
01-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Ben Simmons is the only CBB player to average 20/10/5 in a single season in the past decade. That includes Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors.

Milbuck
01-14-2016, 05:28 PM
Blake stayed a second year. Most players in history stayed more than a single year. Lillard as a guard stayed 4 years. It shouldn't be a knock.
I'm not knocking him for being an old freshman, I think he's a beast and take him #1 easily. Just trying to put him dominating college into perspective. He's a full year older than Ingram and previous one and done top picks when they were freshman, you can't just ignore that imo. Development when you're 17-22 is drastic on a year by year basis, Ingram a year from now in college in all likelihood could be destroying competition just as much or even more than Ben is now. Just like other one and done prospects would in their 2nd years like the ones I listed.

IGOTGAME
01-14-2016, 05:33 PM

In the one and done era college basketball has gotten weaker. Also, top prospects usually leave after a year. Both of those combine would lead to a older freshman phenom putting up historical stats when placed on a sub par team.

outbreak
01-14-2016, 05:37 PM
Good point. I don't think it's fair to say the reason he is doing that is he is one year old though, there's a lot of non one and done players in the NCAA who are solid defenders and are big and strong. I do agree though that a lot of his offence comes from being bigger or being quicker than his defender. Mis match type guy on the interior. That's my worry because at the NBA level there's a lot of guys who have the size and the speed which is rare in college level play.

GOBB
01-14-2016, 05:39 PM
If you own the first pick you're not taking Ingram over Simmons. No one is. As far as just team need I can see Ingram over Simmons?

FreezingTsmoove
01-14-2016, 05:41 PM
A ton of kids reclassify in HS to stay an extra year. Its not a big deal, its actually a great idea to save money by getting a college scholarship

KAT reclassified too and he went #1 overall

Ca$H
01-14-2016, 05:48 PM
If you own the first pick you're not taking Ingram over Simmons. No one is. As far as just team need I can see Ingram over Simmons?

5 years from now Ingram will unanimously be considered to be better than Simmons.

JohnnySic
01-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Celtics need one of these guys.

Fallen Angel
01-14-2016, 06:12 PM
5 years from now Ingram will unanimously be considered to be better than Simmons.
explain why

Lebron23
01-14-2016, 06:14 PM
I only judge them when they both played 2 seasons in the NBA. Michael Beasley was a beast in College.

Simmons looks like the real deal, but he needs to improve his shooting cause he's going to play against bigger players in the NBA.

To4
01-14-2016, 06:25 PM
The only knock on Ingram is his shooting form. much like stanley johnsons shot. a bit too low and taking in beside the right ear.

Atleast it's effective. but still

outbreak
01-14-2016, 06:31 PM
What happened to Skal? I haven't had a chance to watch him since early in the season against a shit team but he's averaging like 7ppg 3rbs. Looks like he's been awful?

GOBB
01-14-2016, 06:32 PM
Celtics need one of these guys.

Simmons would be perfect.

What happened to Skal? I haven't had a chance to watch him since early in the season against a shit team but he's averaging like 7ppg 3rbs. Looks like he's been awful?

He's been bad. Just weak as hell. Simply not ready. Any team drafting him high does so on "potential, upside" and nothing more.

outbreak
01-14-2016, 06:36 PM
Simmons would be perfect.

He's been bad. Just weak as hell. Simply not ready. Any team drafting him high does so on "potential, upside" and nothing more.

I heard there is a chance he stays another year now.

Fallen Angel
01-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Simmons' rightful NBA position is at PF. I don't see any trouble with playing him there, in fact with playing Simmons at the 4 you open a lot more opportunities for your offense having a playmaker of his quality at that position.

Black and White
01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Would be happy with either, Simmons I would want more. If the pick falls to #3, trade it.

G-train
01-14-2016, 06:58 PM
I haven't seen a player like Simmons.

But he reminds me most of Magic Johnson at Michigan State tbh. Don't think he has the mindset of Magic but similar skills at that age.

SwishSquared
01-14-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm not knocking him for being an old freshman, I think he's a beast and take him #1 easily. Just trying to put him dominating college into perspective. He's a full year older than Ingram and previous one and done top picks when they were freshman, you can't just ignore that imo. Development when you're 17-22 is drastic on a year by year basis, Ingram a year from now in college in all likelihood could be destroying competition just as much or even more than Ben is now. Just like other one and done prospects would in their 2nd years like the ones I listed.This is a big deal actually. Being a full 14 months older or w/e is lots of development time at that age. Ingram is really good for how young he is. And that's not a big knock on Simmons either (I think Skal is already 20 or something lol).

Simmons is dominating guys to a higher degree than Ingram is, but he's much more physically developed, at least in part due to being older. He turns 20 this summer. Ingram doesn't turn 20 until September 2017 (aka right before his expected 2nd year in the NBA). Assuming Ingram goes pro, he'll be like 3 months older than Giannis was at the time of the draft.

noob cake
01-14-2016, 07:34 PM
14 months is huge deal. It is not that Simmons is old. Ingram is just really young for a college freshman. He is just about the youngest kid in the draft.

Ingram's measurables are off the charts.

6'8"-6'9" with a 7'3" wingspan. Imagine another inch or two of growth. And this boy has a 40+ inch vertical.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/0PP9dj377I0/hqdefault.jpg

If you want that long NBA wing with sky high potential, he is your guy. Shot is solid, solid handles and and plenty of offensive skill at his age.

Ca$H
01-14-2016, 07:47 PM

Peak Jordan's offense > KD's offense

Peak Jordan's defense > Kawhi's defense.

So no. Ingram has top 10 GOAT potential though.

oarabbus
01-14-2016, 07:50 PM

for real :roll: :roll:"

outbreak
01-14-2016, 07:54 PM
for real :roll: :roll:"
who knows he may have peak curry jump shooting ability too he's just been feasting so much in the paint he hasn't needed to use it! :roll:

In the games I've seen he's shied away from shooting so much it's hard to get a grasp on if his shot is a total broken mess or if it can be fixed up with time.

Ca$H
01-14-2016, 07:59 PM
Brandon Ingram 18(Age) 64.1(TS%) 45.2(3%) 24.1(USG%) 2.1(STL/40) 2.2(BLK/40) 2.1(AST/40) 8(REB/40) 0.376(FTr)

Kevin Durant 18(Age) 58.7(TS%) 40.4(3%) 31.5(USG%) 1.9(STL/40) 1.9(BLK/40) 1.5(AST/40) 12.1(REB/40) 0.396(FTr)

In 9 games since the start of December, Ingram has been putting up numbers of 25 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2.5 blocks per 40 minutes.

Ingram got off to a slow start but recently he has been comparable to freshman KD.

Spurs5Rings2014
01-14-2016, 08:42 PM

:lol

IGOTGAME
01-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Brandon Ingram 18(Age) 64.1(TS%) 45.2(3%) 24.1(USG%) 2.1(STL/40) 2.2(BLK/40) 2.1(AST/40) 8(REB/40) 0.376(FTr)

Kevin Durant 18(Age) 58.7(TS%) 40.4(3%) 31.5(USG%) 1.9(STL/40) 1.9(BLK/40) 1.5(AST/40) 12.1(REB/40) 0.396(FTr)

In 9 games since the start of December, Ingram has been putting up numbers of 25 points, 10 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals, and 2.5 blocks per 40 minutes.

Ingram got off to a slow start but recently he has been comparable to freshman KD.

Ingram is playing well but its not comparable. Its how they are getting their points and the volume/skill they are displaying.

Fallen Angel
01-14-2016, 09:01 PM
Simmons seems like the generational talent. With Ingram it feels like we've seen this before, but his performances just aren't as eye popping as other elite prospects in the past.

That doesn't mean Ingram won't be good, I remember when Wiggins was in Kansas he only had one notable game out of his entire college career.

IGOTGAME
01-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Simmons seems like the generational talent. With Ingram it feels like we've seen this before, but his performances just aren't as eye popping as other elite prospects in the past.

That doesn't mean Ingram won't be good, I remember when Wiggins was in Kansas he only had one notable game out of his entire college career.

It's most likely bc he is a year older. I don't think he dominates this much athletically if he is a year younger.

As far as Wiggins it was a system thing and playing with the best big man prospect in a decade and up until the injury a better prospect than Simmons. I'd take a healthy Embiid over Simmons every day of the week.

Also, if Ingram develops like he projects he is gonna be a freakish athlete with a sick jumper

outbreak
01-14-2016, 09:12 PM

NBA teams and media love jumping on the guy who could be freakyily good and who does un expected things which is what simmons is, but he also isn't as complete a player as ingram and so has a higher chance to not amount to anything, but he also has a higher chance to be a franchise changing player.

Fallen Angel
01-14-2016, 09:20 PM
What is everyone debating? From what I'm understanding people are trying to degrade Simmons for being a year older than other prospects as a Freshman.

Simmons is putting up better numbers than elite prospects when they were Sophomores, Juniors, and the few that were Seniors.

GOBB
01-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Ingram is impressing me and I've only watched the second half. Wow, college teams are lucky this kid isn't strong.

FKAri
01-16-2016, 05:09 PM

Ya. His ceiling is the greatest of all time. But not much more than that (in all likelihood). I'd cap it right there.

IGOTGAME
01-16-2016, 05:12 PM
Any links to Simmons game tonight? It comes on SEC Network

SwishSquared
01-16-2016, 06:37 PM
What is everyone debating? From what I'm understanding people are trying to degrade Simmons for being a year older than other prospects as a Freshman.

Simmons is putting up better numbers than elite prospects when they were Sophomores, Juniors, and the few that were Seniors.Not knocking Simmons, but putting what Ingram is doing into context. Praising Ingram is not mutually exclusive to knocking Simmons.

ballin33
01-16-2016, 06:50 PM
I agree he projects to have Curry's shooting, Iverson's handles, Lebron's driving, Jordan's post moves, and Wilt's rebounding with Scottie Pippen defense.

Dr Hawk
01-16-2016, 06:56 PM
I read Instagram every single time

$LakerGold
01-16-2016, 11:19 PM
I think Simmons' going to be a late bloomer, he'll struggle in shooting for the next two years & eventually improve to a Lebron status, I feel.