PDA

View Full Version : Kobe fans only claim to being better than Lebron? Sidekick duties.

Nash
01-15-2016, 11:24 AM
Let's be real, that is what its down to today.

Lebron is better at him in everything. Even scoring which is Kobe's thing.

Literally, the only thing Kobe fans are holding on to in this argument is his sidekick duties.
Kinda ironic considering their rhetoric against Lebron being beta.

Magic 32
01-15-2016, 11:39 AM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/052011/1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

Gileraracer
01-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Kobe never left the city that drafted him to collude with several superstars.

Makes him a lot more respectable

FKAri
01-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Kobe never left the city that drafted him to collude with several superstars.

Makes him a lot more respectable

So you've accepted that Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe. Now it's about respectability? A guy who's a rapist at worst and adulterer at best. Quite respectable indeed.

ScalsFan21
01-15-2016, 12:16 PM
The reason the Kobe stans have found a need to migrate to a Steph Curry who is about to exceed the Mamba in peak accolades is pretty evident.

Let's see. After this season Steph will have more regular season MVPs than Kobe (having won one more and arguably earned two more). He will have equaled Kobrick's ring total as the man, and proven to be a far more original and efficient player, with a bigger positive on-court impact.

Steph's 3-point prowess is groundbreaking in NBA history, while Kobe is arguably the only top 30 all-time player to have modeled essentially every move in his arsenal after that of a superior player.

When all is said and done, Curry very well may devour Cryant all-time. It's no secret to anyone at this point that LBJ > Kobe. That's over because it was over years ago and now Kobe's career is over. So nothing can ever change that, and all Kobe's fans know it deep down.

At the same time, I think we're gonna begin to see a gradual shunning of Curry from the Kobe fam as they come to realize that much like the King, Steph is a flat-out superior basketball player who will probably double Kobe's non-sidekick rings when all is said and done.

Dr Hawk
01-15-2016, 12:19 PM
The reason the Kobe stans have found a need to migrate to a Steph Curry who is about to exceed the Mamba in peak accolades is pretty evident.

Let's see. After this season Steph will have more regular season MVPs than Kobe (having won one more and arguably earned two more). He will have equaled Kobrick's ring total as the man, and proven to be a far more original and efficient player, with a bigger positive on-court impact.

Steph's 3-point prowess is groundbreaking in NBA history, while Kobe is arguably the only top 30 all-time player to have modeled essentially every move in his arsenal after that of a superior player.

When all is said and done, Curry very well may devour Cryant all-time. It's no secret to anyone at this point that LBJ > Kobe. That's over because it was over years ago and now Kobe's career is over. So nothing can ever change that, and all Kobe's fans know it deep down.

At the same time, I think we're gonna begin to see a gradual shunning of Curry from the Kobe fam as they come to realize that much like the King, Steph is a flat-out superior basketball player who will probably double Kobe's non-sidekick rings when all is said and done.

You well know what will the stans say at the bolded

Showtime2001
01-15-2016, 12:21 PM

Meltdown.

Gileraracer
01-15-2016, 12:22 PM
So you've accepted that Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe. Now it's about respectability? A guy who's a rapist at worst and adulterer at best. Quite respectable indeed.

Nah it's about your attitude.Lebron has a quitters attitude. Besides that, I'm not here to defend Kobe. I don't like him that much :lol

Dr Hawk
01-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Nah it's about your attitude.Lebron has a quitters attitude. Besides that, I'm not here to defend Kobe. I don't like him that much :lol

You are here to pick on a professional successful athlete, which the worst.

ScalsFan21
01-15-2016, 12:25 PM
You well know what will the stans say at the bolded

Yeah I know, I'm sure, but I mean look. I'm a LeThick nut-rider. Through and through. Maybe bigger than the poster pauk.

But the fact is, Stephen Curry was by far the biggest on-court impact for Golden State in the finals last year. Had the endless help and double-teams on Curry not continually happened because of him being a threat from anywhere inside 35 feet, Iggy would never have been open for all his practice-shot 3's, and thus his good defense on LeBron never would've mattered. It's actually crazy how if you replace Steph with almost any other PG on that team last year, and LeBron probably would've pulled that off despite the significant gap in team structure and coaching.

Steph WAS the reason they won and was the realistic MVP of that finals, if it wasn't LeBron. Iggy, at best, was 3rd.

AMC > Kobe when all is said and done. Not yet because career achievements do matter and he's only been at THIS level for a few years. But barring serious injuries in his career, it's almost a foregone conclusion.

Detracting from the year Steph Curry had last year is to not understand the game. He was arguably shut down by Delly for parts of 2 games but that doesn't change the facts. And to be fair, same with Kobe in 2010 with the "Gasol was the true FMVP" crowd. Anyone who thinks Kobe was carried by Gasol or Steph was carried by Iggy is clinically insane.

Dr Hawk
01-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Yeah I know, I'm sure, but I mean look. I'm a LeThick nut-rider. Through and through. Maybe bigger than the poster pauk.

But the fact is, Stephen Curry was by far the biggest on-court impact for Golden State in the finals last year. Had the endless help and double-teams on Curry not continually happened because of him being a threat from anywhere inside 35 feet, Iggy would never have been open for all his practice-shot 3's, and thus his good defense on LeBron never would've mattered. It's actually crazy how if you replace Steph with almost any other PG on that team last year, and LeBron probably would've pulled that off despite the significant gap in team structure and coaching.

Steph WAS the reason they won and was the realistic MVP of that finals, if it wasn't LeBron. Iggy, at best, was 3rd.

AMC > Kobe when all is said and done. Not yet because career achievements do matter and he's only been at THIS level for a few years. But barring serious injuries in his career, it's almost a foregone conclusion.

You are on point

HOoopCityJones
01-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Honestly Lebron fans just seek validation for their favorite player and they're jealous because Kobe already has it from peers and Legends that came before them alike. Now they wanna pretend "Curry is better than Kobe has ever been"

It's statements like that, that make it easy for the Kobe stan to say outlandish things how it pertains to his game.

All I know is when Lebron loses with a full strength Cavs in the Finals this year I wanna hear what the excuses will be this time.

Nash
01-15-2016, 01:21 PM
Honestly Lebron fans just seek validation for their favorite player and they're jealous because Kobe already has it from peers and Legends that came before them alike. Now they wanna pretend "Curry is better than Kobe has ever been"

It's statements like that, that make it easy for the Kobe stan to say outlandish things how it pertains to his game.

All I know is when Lebron loses with a full strength Cavs in the Finals this year I wanna hear what the excuses will be this time.
doesn't matter how many finals lebron loses, he's still going to go down as the better player in almost every category.
Lebron losing in the finals literally doesn't help Kobe's case in any way.

Gileraracer
01-15-2016, 01:55 PM
doesn't matter how many finals lebron loses, he's still going to go down as the better player in almost every category.
Lebron losing in the finals literally doesn't help Kobe's case in any way.

A guy named Jim Rohn once described Kobe and Lebron:

http://addicted2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jim-Rohn-Picture-Success-Quotes.jpg

Same for his stans, new excuses every year :lol

ScalsFan21
01-15-2016, 02:41 PM

There's truth to some of this. I do believe current Curry is about as good as Kobe has literally ever been. If you stick current Steph on a team where he had to do more grunt work like peak Kobe did, I'm sure he could drop 50 routinely just like Kobe did during his torrid stretch of insane scoring games that his stans always turn to.

Me, I could care less about the opinions of legends or validation from other fans. Although I'd agree that there are some LBJ stans that hate the fact that Kobe is even still thrown into comparisons with him, and seems to get more respect from past players. They're not entirely wrong to feel insulted by that, as LeBron is a better individual player by pretty much every objective measure. 2/6 doesn't change that when you consider the actual context, although it's still a thing.

But if LeBron loses with a full strength team this year, there is no excuse worth mentioning. It would be a second finals loss that he deserves a significant amount of blame for (after 2011 of course, his sole indefensible black mark to this point). He has enough help available to him right now to beat either Golden State or San Antonio in a 7-game series if he is as good as I personally believe he is. If LeBron wins, his haters will cry, and I'm sure if he loses there will be more excuses from some stans. I'm not going to be one of the "Love can't defend so that excuses the best player in the world losing with a fully healthy, very talented roster" crowd, but it will definitely be out there.

On the flip side, when LeBron beats a team that wins the most games ever in a season in the NBA Finals this year, a team that will be a collective 86-11 coming into the series, it will definitely be interesting to hear what his critics have to say then.

Nash
01-15-2016, 03:14 PM

http://addicted2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Jim-Rohn-Picture-Success-Quotes.jpg

what is the excuse for Lebron shitting on Kobe in every facet of the game?

G-Funk
01-15-2016, 03:15 PM
Kobe is better

AirBonner
01-15-2016, 03:17 PM
You can't argue with Kobe stans. They drag you down to their level until your arguments are as efficient as Kobe's shooting.

Nash
01-15-2016, 09:02 PM
You can't argue with Kobe stans. They drag you down to their level until your arguments are as efficient as Kobe's shooting.
They have no arguments. Just ask them why Kobe is better and they never write you anything relevant back.

Bandito
01-15-2016, 09:08 PM

Dont do em like that :lol

Bandito
01-15-2016, 09:10 PM
2011 and 4th quarters :roll:

JerrySeinfeld
01-15-2016, 09:12 PM
Bron is one Ray Allen shot from having a career of being known as Duncan's b*tch.

Kobe on the other hand, made a career of demolishing Duncan and the Spurs

knicksman
01-15-2016, 10:18 PM
If you really played ball in real life, you would know that kobes fadeaways are much tougher to do than brans layups. And if you really played ball and not a fckin loser, you would realize that layups are scarcier once the pressure becomes tighter. Thats why its the kobes that shines when it matters while the brans disappears. And even if kobe was a sidekick, kobe still has 2 rings as the man which is equal to brans. And since colluding with 2 superstars is worse for your legacy than having shaq then 5/7 and 2/6 applies in this scenario. Kobe only have sidekick rings while bran has ringchasers rings.

coin24
01-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Let's be real, that is what its down to today.

Lebron is better at him in everything. Even scoring which is Kobe's thing.

Literally, the only thing Kobe fans are holding on to in this argument is his sidekick duties.
Kinda ironic considering their rhetoric against Lebron being beta.

Stay mad pauk:lol :lol

Everyone knows LeTiny c0ck shrivels on the big stage