PDA

View Full Version : James harden

pastis
01-16-2016, 07:53 AM
from clutchfans:

It looks as if multiple ESPN analysts believe Harden will finish as one of all the all time great SG's.

Link:
http://nr.news-republic.com/Web/Arti...cleid=55724815

5. Where will James Harden be ranked at the end of his career?

Thorpe: If he can just learn to be a little more consistent as a "we" guy instead of a "me" guy, he is headed for top-six status. James Harden has the talent but his penchant for being too concerned about his numbers causes him to bring no energy to too many defensive possessions, or to not move the ball away from the crowd headed his way. The future for him is still unwritten -- he has the power to improve.

Elhassan: Harden is at something of a crossroads, where the things he's great at no longer impress the masses, and the things he struggles at become magnified. Being a bad defensive player is one thing, but being an indifferent one completely sabotages his standing. However, it's funny to see another great scorer in George Gervin, who heard many of the same complaints during his playing career that Harden does, be treated with such reverence. I see Harden dropping out of the top 20 at some point.

Broussard: Harden has to continue what he's doing for about five more years to crack the top 10 unless he somehow begins winning championships. This season's lack of success is definitely dulling his shine. His ball dominance will work against him in the historic rankings.

Doolittle: I see him easily getting into the top 10. Not only is his game floor-based and likely to age well, but his playmaking is strong enough that he could remain a cornerstone player even when he's no longer the top scoring option on his teams. Barring catastrophic injury, "The Beard" will be gray by the time his game slips.

Pelton: That all depends on how much effort he decides to put into defense the rest of the way, but Harden is well on his way to cracking the top five and might surpass Wade for fourth all-time if he wins an MVP.

respond from a clutchfans poster:

Yes, I freely and unabashedly believe Harden is not worthy of being a number 1 option on a championship contender and many posters here have some serious homer blinders using mental gymnastics to mask his severe deficiencies.

He has a weak will. He is far too dependent on variables that are not within his control(ref's willingness to buy his head snap back and arm flail move). His game is ugly. He is the least athletic guard to be considered a superstar of all time. He does as minimal movement as possible when the ball is not in his hands on defense and offense. He makes stupid celebration gestures for the most mundane scoring plays. His triple threat consists of jacking up a contested 3 80% of the time. I just don't like him as a basketball player.

As a Rocket fan I am left with two options. Hope that he proves me wrong or hope the franchise parts ways with him soon. This team isn't going to win their third title with him as our number one option and leader. They just aren't.

And to make matters clear, the opinion I hold of Harden doesn't make me any less of a Rocket fan.

what do you think?
I think harden has def. a case if the "we" will be more important than the "I".
His numbers are impressive (tough im def. not a fan of his game) and lets be honest: he will end with more ALL-nba first teams than Dirk and KG. or wade...(:facepalm )