PDA

View Full Version : Curry on returning to CLE: "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne"

TheMarkMadsen
01-17-2016, 10:58 PM
https://twitter.com/diamond83/status/688887570621673473

Savage Curry

stalkerforlife
01-17-2016, 11:01 PM
:roll:

r0drig0lac
01-17-2016, 11:05 PM
this gonna be good :rockon:

AnaheimLakers24
01-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Holy shit

Naero
01-17-2016, 11:15 PM

It's an inopportune time to make such a comment, however. He's likely shooting himself and his reeling team in the foot by making a potentially motivating jab towards a vengeful Cavaliers team at their home court.

warriorfan
01-17-2016, 11:17 PM
:lebronamazed:

Cocaine80s
01-17-2016, 11:18 PM
**** this ***** mane

stalkerforlife
01-17-2016, 11:18 PM
**** this ***** mane

Deuce Bigalow
01-17-2016, 11:22 PM
What a time

FreezingTsmoove
01-17-2016, 11:22 PM
:lol :lol :lol

WHAT A TIME

stalkerforlife
01-17-2016, 11:23 PM
This is the Cavs championship...so they'll probably snort a few extra lines to ensure a win.

FreezingTsmoove
To be alive :djparty

:bowdown: :bowdown: :applause: :roll:

G0ATbe
https://media.giphy.com/media/DRseNibDmD0kw/giphy.gif

RedBlackAttack

It's an inopportune time to make such a comment, however. He's likely shooting himself and his reeling team in the foot by making a potentially motivating jab towards a vengeful Cavaliers team at their home court.
It seems the Warriors have employed an "us vs. the world" narrative. Maybe that is something teams going for a repeat always have to do, but the Warriors public image switch from "fun, easy-to-root-for young team bucking the old system" to annoyingly arrogant and "the bad guys" has been pretty stunning.

Curry has highlight reels of great individual performances getting massive amounts of dislikes just because people are tired of the arrogance and the NBA shoving it down our throats.

I don't think this is going to help in that regard... not that Curry should really care. But, I would say that giving extra motivation to an already pretty damn good team is ballsy.

These are the things that can make sports more interesting, so I have no problem with it. I support Curry's newfound public arrogance. Let your freak flag fly, brother.

stalkerforlife
01-17-2016, 11:24 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/DRseNibDmD0kw/giphy.gif

Love this gif...look at Lamar, he truly felt like he had a family.

Kobe gave this man the best years of his life.

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2016, 11:25 PM
This is the Cavs championship...so they'll probably snort a few extra lines to ensure a win.
No, the Cavs' championship will be ... when they're playing in The Finals later this NBA season. This is a regular season game.

Still, I welcome the additional storylines provided by Curry's arrogance. Props to you, buddy.

Truth
01-17-2016, 11:26 PM
It seems the Warriors have employed an "us vs. the world" narrative. Maybe that is something teams going for a repeat always have to do, but the Warriors public image switch from "fun, easy-to-root-for young team bucking the old system" to annoyingly arrogant and "the bad guys" has been pretty stunning.

Curry has highlight reels of great individual performances getting massive amounts of dislikes just because people are tired of the arrogance and the NBA shoving it down our throats.

I don't think this is going to help in that regard... not that Curry should really care. But, I would say that giving extra motivation to an already pretty damn good team is ballsy.

These are the things that can make sports more interesting, so I have no problem with it. I support Curry's newfound public arrogance. Let your freak flag fly, brother.

Yous gay

Funktion
01-17-2016, 11:27 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HfbamnO.gif

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2016, 11:28 PM
Yous gay
Tread lightly, n00b.

stalkerforlife
01-17-2016, 11:28 PM
No, the Cavs' championship will be ... when they're playing in The Finals later this NBA season. This is a regular season game.

Still, I welcome the additional storylines provided by Curry's arrogance. Props to you, buddy.

Are you really saying this isn't the most important game of the year for the Cavs so far and that they won't be more hyped than the Warriors?

:facepalm

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2016, 11:30 PM
Are you really saying this isn't the most important game of the year for the Cavs so far and that they won't be more hyped than the Warriors?

:facepalm
That's not what you said, though. You said it would be "the championship" for the team, which is obviously an overstatement.

It would be a nice game to win, for sure. I actually think gong 5-1 on the team's most difficult road trip (a rare Texas Triangle) was more important.

raprap
01-17-2016, 11:30 PM
I like it. Adds a little something something to a regular season game. :applause:

Straight_Ballin
01-17-2016, 11:34 PM
But what will the excuse be when the cavs lose this time?

Funktion
01-17-2016, 11:35 PM
http://cdn1.theodysseyonline.com/files/2015/06/20/635703616347802805-1111693049_warriors_champagne.jpg

http://l3.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/.9PR86YIci0JHs8ZLVqKHg--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3NfbGVnbztxPTg1O3c9NjMw/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/sports/2015-06-18/862e0a50-15e0-11e5-9e7c-419ffd61bf20_Draymond-Green-holds-a-very-large-bottle-of-champagne-AndrewDH-Photos-.jpg

Segatti
01-17-2016, 11:38 PM
Charlie Conway ‏@billpicha8 2h2 hours ago
@diamond83 "hopefully Kyrie and Love are still injured"

:lol :lol :lol

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2016, 11:38 PM

So what type of champagne do Curry & Golden State drink? :confusedshrug:

RedBlackAttack
01-17-2016, 11:43 PM
So what type of champagne do Curry & Golden State drink? :confusedshrug:
I'd guess demi-sec, but brut would also not surprise me. Definitely something pretentious, though.

plowking
01-17-2016, 11:43 PM

Oh come on, lets not take 2 videos and extrapolate that as if it is a common trend.

Curry and the Warriors are extremely popular. He needs to sustain his dominance (which he is) and he'll maintain that like Bron, Kobe and Wade have over the course of their careers. Durant hasn't even really reached that level but Curry has a one up with the market he is in.

He is fine. Not overly arrogant, and adds a different type of flash we haven't seen in a while. Whether you like it or not, he has made shooting cool and popular again.

Wade's Rings
01-17-2016, 11:48 PM

:applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
01-17-2016, 11:49 PM
I'd guess demi-sec, but brut would also not surprise me. Definitely something pretentious, though.

:oldlol:

Anyway I love what Curry said. Gives extra "oomph" to a regular-season game, even if it is between last years finalists.

Prime_Shaq
01-17-2016, 11:57 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:
But for real Warriors have gotten pretty cocky lately but they are the champs so they have the right to be. Just a little to much compared to last year for my taste.

Da_Realist
01-17-2016, 11:58 PM

I always like your posts. Maybe I should venture into Cleveland threads more often. :D

Oh, and I agree with you. Should be interesting tomorrow night.

Bankaii
01-18-2016, 12:00 AM
I can't wait for healthy Kyrie to shatter that little fgt's ankles.

WorldWarriors
01-18-2016, 12:05 AM
Warriors been struggling. No time for smack talking.:no:

Straight_Ballin
01-18-2016, 12:10 AM
I can't wait for healthy Kyrie to shatter that little fgt's ankles.

Why wouldn't this happen?

Delly dropped 20 on Curry in the finals.

Curry is a 1-way player.

A healthy Kryie would not be stopped by Curry, but Curry will drop so many 3's that it will more than make up for his shit defense.

SpaceJammeR
01-18-2016, 12:11 AM
i just don't get how someone can be proud of beating a cavs team without their 2nd and 3rd best player.

WorldWarriors
01-18-2016, 12:13 AM
Full Quote

"Obviously, walking in the locker room, it'll be good memories," Curry said Sunday. "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_29397378/warriors-return-scene-title-clincher

Lebronxrings
01-18-2016, 12:17 AM
can we get andy in the game and give this little screen hider kid a knockdown?

SyRyanYang
01-18-2016, 12:21 AM
i just don't get how someone can be proud of beating a cavs team without their 2nd and 3rd best player.

But, but LeStans been telling me that Love is the worst player on the planet and Kyrie is all flash?

Funktion
01-18-2016, 12:25 AM
Need more help. Unfair when other teams are so Stacked as ****.

JerrySeinfeld
01-18-2016, 12:45 AM
Full Quote

"Obviously, walking in the locker room, it'll be good memories," Curry said Sunday. "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_29397378/warriors-return-scene-title-clincher

Lol. People making long butthurt posts about this comment :lol

WorldWarriors
01-18-2016, 12:58 AM
Lol. People making long butthurt posts about this comment :lol
Well it does sound worse without the first part included in the tweet.

Bankaii
01-18-2016, 12:59 AM
Why wouldn't this happen?

Delly dropped 20 on Curry in the finals.

Curry is a 1-way player.

A healthy Kryie would not be stopped by Curry, but Curry will drop so many 3's that it will more than make up for his shit defense.
Curry > Jordan
Lebron > Jordan
And in a few years Kyrie > Jordan
Now go be insecure with someone else.

TheMarkMadsen
01-18-2016, 01:06 AM
Well it does sound worse without the first part included in the tweet.

not really, still a playful shot at the cavs.. the first part was just a lesser shot at the cavs

SugarHill
01-18-2016, 01:18 AM

smh

Straight_Ballin
01-18-2016, 01:20 AM
Curry > Jordan
Lebron > Jordan

lol of all the possible guys to mention in your > Jordan troll attempt you mention those 3?! :lol

I would have just posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHjX_08FE0

ISHGoat
01-18-2016, 01:21 AM
lol of all the possible guys to mention in your > Jordan troll attempt you mention those 3?! :lol

I would have just posted:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BNHjX_08FE0

Thanks for establishing it. Klay > Jordan too. Not looking good for the old guys on here.

Straight_Ballin
01-18-2016, 01:25 AM
Thanks for establishing it. Klay > Jordan too. Not looking good for the old guys on here.

Klay's scoring display better than any scoring display ever done by MJ or anyone that ever picked up a basketball in the history of the game. Nikka scored 37 points in 12 min and didn't miss a single shot the entire time.

MJ GOAT of all time, but Christian (Klay) Thompson has GOAT shooting display of all time. Those wind defenders couldn't stop him.

Kblaze8855
01-18-2016, 01:30 AM
Maybe that is something teams going for a repeat always have to do, but the Warriors public image switch from "fun, easy-to-root-for young team bucking the old system" to annoyingly arrogant and "the bad guys" has been pretty stunning.

Im not getting that vibe.

Ive still yet to meet anyone who isnt at least begrudgingly a fan of Curry. hes the least hateable superstar....maybe of my life. Yao Ming up there with him maybe. If you hated Yao you were probably just racist...

inclinerator
01-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Klay's scoring display better than any scoring display ever done by MJ or anyone that ever picked up a basketball in the history of the game. Nikka scored 37 points in 12 min and didn't miss a single shot the entire time.

MJ GOAT of all time, but Christian (Klay) Thompson has GOAT shooting display of all time. Those wind defenders couldn't stop him.
wrong thompson

Straight_Ballin
01-18-2016, 01:34 AM
wrong thompson

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377707

coin24
01-18-2016, 01:42 AM
What a time:rockon:

Keep eating shit lebaldo fam:oldlol:

sportjames23
01-18-2016, 01:49 AM

Savage Curry

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Norcaliblunt
01-18-2016, 02:12 AM

Really dude? Everyone is acting like their championship run was illegitimate. Tons of talking heads in the mainstream media have the Spurs over them. It's been more like "the world vs them" with the way a team who won 67 games last year, won a championship, and have had one of the best starts in NBA history have been downplayed. Hardly getting shoved down our throat. At least not at the level that Lebron has been shoved down our throats for the last 10 years.

Smook A.
01-18-2016, 02:23 AM
Ouch :oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
01-18-2016, 02:23 AM
Really dude? Everyone is acting like their championship run was illegitimate. Tons of talking heads in the mainstream media have the Spurs over them. It's been more like "the world vs them" with the way a team who won 67 games last year, won a championship, and have had one of the best starts in NBA history have been downplayed. Hardly getting shoved down our throat. At least not at the level that Lebron has been shoved down our throats for the last 10 years.

:applause: :applause:

Spurs m8
01-18-2016, 02:31 AM
Man I'm glad Kawhi doesn't act like this tbh

sportjames23
01-18-2016, 02:31 AM
Curry > Jordan
Lebron > Jordan

LOL this bitch shook. :oldlol:

34-24 Footwork
01-18-2016, 03:22 AM
Lebron pre game conference/interviews:

"It's just a regular season game. We might lose. We might win. No biggie."

17 stiff arms, and 6 flops later.....

34-24 Footwork
01-18-2016, 03:24 AM
Finally cool to have a confident superstar again that talks shit from time to time. What's cool about Curry is that NOBODY believed in him. He didn't have the hype that Lebron did, but worked his way to the top of the NBA. He deserves to throw some shade.

Mr. Jabbar
01-18-2016, 03:37 AM
Brutal.

inclinerator
01-18-2016, 04:13 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377707
yea he was talking about tristian chrsitian thompson

SpaceJammeR
01-18-2016, 04:38 AM
But, but LeStans been telling me that Love is the worst player on the planet and Kyrie is all flash?

but are they not the 2nd and 3rd option???? lol idiot

buddha
01-18-2016, 04:42 AM
my brain is telling me the cavs will win tomorrow but my dick is saying the warriors.

SexSymbol
01-18-2016, 05:17 AM
Full Quote

Kinda changes the narrative, doesn't it?
But of course retards spin it out of it's way

sportjames23
01-18-2016, 05:41 AM
my brain is telling me the cavs will win tomorrow but my dick is saying the warriors.

:biggums:

Dr Hawk
01-18-2016, 06:00 AM
I hope Curry scores 200 points and anally rapes the Cavs

sportjames23
01-18-2016, 06:09 AM
I hope Curry scores 200 points and anally rapes the Cavs

http://www.libropatas.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/11.gif

3ball
01-18-2016, 07:24 AM
The preppy dudes often have the best trash talk... Curry is up there... Very clever.

I especially liked when he yelled something to the opponent bench long before his 3-pointer went in... I've seen guys insta-sprint down court after the release, but never turning around and talking shit to the bench.

BuffaloBill
01-18-2016, 07:40 AM
Alpha

Meticode
01-18-2016, 08:40 AM
The Cavaliers need to see this comment and take it with them into the playoffs letting it fester inside of them. Not this regular season game.

Clifton
01-18-2016, 09:15 AM
Repeating in this league is very difficult, especially with a young team. Everyone was expecting them to trot out of the gates, disappoint, prove themselves a fluke, etc. Furthermore Curry was motivated from not winning Finals MVP.

As a result they've started 30-something and 4. Maybe they're cashing in their motivation and good luck too soon... but their approach seems to have worked so far.

Curry is a confident, borderline cocky player by nature. For the most part he's fairly quiet about it and there seems to be mutual respect between him and other teams. If that's starting to shift into dislike, I haven't noticed it.

TomBrady
01-18-2016, 09:57 AM
The preppy dudes often have the best trash talk... Curry is up there... Very clever.

I especially liked when he yelled something to the opponent bench long before his 3-pointer went in... I've seen guys insta-sprint down court after the release, but never turning around and talking shit to the bench.
Larry Bird.

tontoz
01-18-2016, 10:06 AM
:lol

That is some high level trash talk there. didn't know Curry had it in him.

iBandwagon
01-18-2016, 02:44 PM
Sorry Steph, that garbage smell returned.

imnew09
01-18-2016, 03:08 PM
Kobe not only passed the torch to Curry but also his mamba blood :bowdown: :bowdown:

COLD

sd3035
01-18-2016, 03:22 PM
Best player in the world :applause:

feyki
01-18-2016, 03:27 PM
Wrong way .

riseagainst
01-18-2016, 03:30 PM

:(

WorldWarriors
01-18-2016, 03:41 PM
Kinda changes the narrative, doesn't it?
But of course retards spin it out of it's way There's actually more to the quote in SF chronicle.

"It'll be fun. Obviously, walking into the locker room, there will be good memories," Curry said. "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like Champagne. We can enjoy that experience, but obviously, they're playing well right now and have pretty good momentum going."

Can't really blame people for reacting to the tweet posted. Wouldn't have been any drama in tweeting the whole quote.

Segatti
06-20-2016, 03:02 AM
Eat shit :cheers:

DirkNowitzki41
06-20-2016, 03:03 AM
LeBron on returning to GS: "Hopefully, it still smells a little bit like champagne."

Hows his dick taste, curry?

Springsteen
06-20-2016, 03:03 AM
:lol

sportjames23
06-20-2016, 03:05 AM
:lol :oldlol: :roll:

SouBeachTalents
06-20-2016, 03:05 AM
https://giant.gfycat.com/HelpfulWideeyedAnole.gif

SavageMode
06-20-2016, 03:06 AM
Curry who played like shit and scored 17 points in game 7. What a cvnt

SpaceJam
06-20-2016, 03:07 AM
Oh man Bron's gotta say this next season

But we all know LeGod is a man of class, not childish antics so I wouldn't be surprised if he lets his game do the talking

KingPush
06-20-2016, 03:17 AM
Luckily the Warriors are moving to a new stadium so the Cavs cant say this

SouBeachTalents
09-05-2016, 01:59 PM
http://sportshub.cbsistatic.com/i/r/2016/06/20/40cebfd8-d5ef-46a3-99a0-f7a88d9313c4/resize/670x377/2a203d1f87ed17ab41519faaa05065fb/lebronchampagne.jpg

https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-20-at-8-27-33-am-e1466425755121.png

Annyong!
09-05-2016, 02:06 PM
Good job Silver :applause:

Hey Yo
09-05-2016, 02:25 PM
https://bossip.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-20-at-8-27-33-am-e1466425755121.png\
:violin:

:cry:

JT123
09-05-2016, 02:26 PM
OP = MIA from June 19th - present

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Was this before or after they beat the Cavs by 38 points?

SouBeachTalents
09-05-2016, 04:07 PM

Before they blew a 3-1 lead to the Cavs in the Finals

BigKAT
09-05-2016, 04:07 PM

Before.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:13 PM
So Curry talked shit about an entire franchise and beat them by 38 points on their home court shortly after? This is after the "everyone's healthy now" excuse. Lol.

This game is what also got the Cavs head coach fired.

BigKAT
09-05-2016, 04:16 PM
So Curry talked shit about an entire franchise and beat them by 38 points on their home court shortly after? This is after the "everyone's healthy now" excuse. Lol.

No doubt.

But trust me,

Curry and Warrior fans would've liked it better to get beat by 55, and win the championship.

34-24 Footwork
09-05-2016, 04:32 PM
No doubt.

But trust me,

Curry and Warrior fans would've liked it better to get beat by 55, and win the championship.

Cant win em all. Series is tied 1-1.

TommyGriffin
09-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Cant win em all. Series is tied 1-1.
They got one, now we got one. Next season will be epic!
:cheers:

aj1987
09-05-2016, 05:40 PM

Choked a 3-1 lead, while LeBron had a GOAT level Finals and is a top 5 GOAT.

Keep staying salty AF though. If Curry/KD win a couple of rings and FMVP's, your idol won't even be in the top 15. :oldlol:

Lebron23
09-06-2016, 06:00 AM
34-24 getting wrecked in this forum. Dude is the Yamcha of Insidehoops.

Jasper
09-06-2016, 10:34 AM

Savage Curry
Cooment from a weak as$ PG that has more turnovers than dimes in the finals ,,
All I can hope for he he smells the bubble , and he is posted up relentlessly to teach him he is a whimp as$ puppy.

Jasper
09-06-2016, 10:36 AM
They got one, now we got one. Next season will be epic!
:cheers:
loaded wars team , lose one game , would be a disappointment for an all-star team of 4.

Lebron23
09-06-2016, 10:38 AM
:oldlol:

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/122/9611-yamucha_death_super.jpg

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Screamin A Smit
09-06-2016, 01:22 PM
Where did all my the posters on the first few pages go? :lol

Lebron even executed his haters online

Lebron23
09-06-2016, 01:25 PM
That's why you need to be humble. Curry even believe in his own hype train which was derailed by LeBron and the Cavs.