View Full Version : Post your Kevin Love Trades

Im Still Ballin
01-19-2016, 03:59 AM
Love for Pau Gasol and Taj Gibson

Love for Oladipo and Vucevic

Love for Marc Gasol

Mr. Jabbar
01-19-2016, 04:00 AM
pau gasol is so overrated its not even funny, in fact, (and i dont want to sound racist) every white player is a bit overrated once you think about it.

Black and White
01-19-2016, 04:03 AM

Love for Marc Gasol

Why would the Grizzlies even consider this?

oarabbus
01-19-2016, 04:04 AM
pau gasol is so overrated its not even funny, in fact, (and i dont want to sound racist) every white player is a bit overrated once you think about it.

JJ Reddick
JJ Barea
Kristaps Porzingis

Are not overrated

Im Still Ballin
01-19-2016, 04:05 AM
Love to Boston
Smart, Bradley, Crowder + Brooklyn pick to Sacramento
Cousins to Cleveland

Mr. Jabbar
01-19-2016, 04:05 AM
JJ Reddick
JJ Barea
Kristaps Porzingis

Are not overrated

maybe, but wut about

Pau
Marc
Love
Dragic

Nash before them

MAD overrated

Black and White
01-19-2016, 04:13 AM
Love to Boston
Cousins to Cleveland

Dude what the hell? We get fleeced in that deal. No way.

plowking
01-19-2016, 04:14 AM
maybe, but wut about

Pau
Marc
Love
Dragic

Nash before them

MAD overrated

Dragic is a piece of shit.

Im Still Ballin
01-19-2016, 04:14 AM
26/14 Superstar Kevin Love on a dirt cheap contract for 5 years. BARGAIN!

Black and White
01-19-2016, 04:16 AM
26/14 Superstar Kevin Love on a dirt cheap contract for 5 years. BARGAIN!

For our 2/5 of our starting 5 plus our most valuable asset in the Brooklyn pick? Hell no.

Gus Hemmingway
01-19-2016, 04:23 AM
Love for Melo

Melo's looking for a win now team, he's in limbo with NYK's. Love/Porgasm frontcourt is nice + more years than they'd get with Melo. 19m vs 22m works out

Cavs go small

Irving
Jr/shump
Bron/Melo
Melo/Bron
Thompson

Milbuck
01-19-2016, 04:26 AM
MIL in: Clint Capela, Patrick Beverley, Corey Brewer
MIL out: Greg Monroe, Jerryd Bayless

CLE in: Greg Monroe, Jerryd Bayless, Terrence Jones
CLE out: Kevin Love, Mo Williams

HOU in: Kevin Love, Mo Williams
HOU out: Clint Capela, Patrick Beverley, Corey Brewer, Terrence Jones

Gus Hemmingway
01-19-2016, 04:36 AM
Love for Melo

Melo's looking for a win now team, he's in limbo with NYK's. Love/Porgasm frontcourt is nice + more years than they'd get with Melo. 19m vs 22m works out

Cavs go small

Irving
Jr/shump
Bron/Melo
Melo/Bron
Thompson

actually scratch that, Melo's a loser

pastis
01-19-2016, 04:58 AM
Love for Crowder an some picks and Ryan Anerson in a three team trade.
would be perfect for the cavs.

but im against a trade. The three point shot was just a part of Loves game in Minnesota. The majority of his game was in the paint. If the cavs can use him differently (rather than letting him just wait at the the 3-point line), Love will def. be more valuable.

still 16 points/10rebounds with over 19 PER tough.

bobopenguin
01-19-2016, 05:03 AM
Why would the Grizzlies even consider this?

question should be:
why would any of mentioned team consider this?

livingby3's
01-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Markieff Morris, Brandon Knight for Kevin Love

Morris to replace Love
Knight for Irving to abuse during practice

Suns get a PF who can pass the ball (since the entire team sucks at passing)

In all seriousness, you can take Bledsoe (mini Bron) or Chandler (still a great contributor on a contender) to replace Knight

Lebowski
01-19-2016, 05:17 AM
Love to Boston
Cousins to Cleveland

Pray to god Love never wears a Celtics jersey.

I thank god already that whatever rumors there were regarding Love to Boston early last year or whenever it was, never came to be.

Stay, away, from, Boston. Thanks!

Spurs m8
01-19-2016, 05:29 AM

You actually sound like Kobe

Nash
01-19-2016, 05:52 AM
Love for Melo

Cavs go small

Irving
Jr/shump
Bron/Melo
Melo/Bron
Thompson
this is the only one that would actually make sense.

Melo gets to play for a championship the rest of the way
Knicks get a relatively young star
bron gets his BFF

question is, would you play Melo or Lebron at the 4?

Dr Hawk
01-19-2016, 05:57 AM
Love out
Telephone pole in

Better defense, comparable offense

Bobcats2013
01-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Love for Melo. Better trade for the Knicks though.

Can't see Love and Porzingod not playing well together. Rebounds for days.

Im Still Ballin
01-19-2016, 06:11 AM
Irving
Smith
Melo
Lebron
Thompson

Nasty.

k0kakw0rld
01-19-2016, 06:11 AM

Love for Marc Gasol
I will trade your hatin' ass for 1 cent

Prime_Shaq
01-19-2016, 06:18 AM

bron gets his BFF

Definitely LeBron. 4 is his best position anyway.

Dr Hawk
01-19-2016, 06:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8I6HX.gif

poido123
01-19-2016, 06:56 AM
Would Cleveland be brave enough to pull the pin on love before the deadline? or wait to trade him after the season...

Risky. You mess with team chemistry trading one of the main players.

I hope whatever Cleveland does, it backfires on Lebron. :banana:

Dr Hawk
01-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Would Cleveland be brave enough to pull the pin on love before the deadline? or wait to trade him after the season...

Risky. You mess with team chemistry trading one of the main players.

I hope whatever Cleveland does, it backfires on Lebron. :banana:

It is not risky at all. They ain't winning shit with Love, so the worst thing can happen if they trade Love is that they still won't win shit

StephHamann
01-19-2016, 07:08 AM
Love for: JJ Barea, Terry, Iggy in a 4 way trade

Bran united with his cryptonites -> Cavs win it all

D. Toretto
01-19-2016, 08:36 AM
Trade Bran instead. Only player in history that will always need more help.

nba_55
01-19-2016, 08:47 AM
Love is getting underrated in here, he will be a huge contributor playoffs time.

Dr Hawk
01-19-2016, 08:51 AM
Love is getting underrated in here, he will be a huge contributor playoffs time.

:wtf:

Thorpesaurous
01-19-2016, 09:29 AM

Yeah, I'm on the fence about giving up the Brooklyn pick for Cousins, but if I did it would be for Cousins, not in a three way to get Love. I'd rather have Cousins.

But Smart, The New Orleans Pick, Lee for the money, another kid ... that I'd do.

I'd be willing to squeeze Bradley in there moneywise if they wanted. Cleveland doesn't want kids or picks I'd guess. And Bradley is probably the closest thing to an asset they'd want. He can defend PGs and make threes. He'd help them.

kurple
01-19-2016, 09:56 AM
JJ Reddick
JJ Barea
Kristaps Porzingis

Are not overrated
Danilo Gallinari
Nikola Jokic (Who has a better PER than both KAT and Porzingiz)

ArbitraryWater
01-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Love out
Telephone Pole in

Better defense, better screen setter on offense

el gringos
01-19-2016, 12:29 PM
Yeah, I'm on the fence about giving up the Brooklyn pick for Cousins, but if I did it would be for Cousins, not in a three way to get Love. I'd rather have Cousins.

But Smart, The New Orleans Pick, Lee for the money, another kid ... that I'd do.

I'd be willing to squeeze Bradley in there moneywise if they wanted. Cleveland doesn't want kids or picks I'd guess. And Bradley is probably the closest thing to an asset they'd want. He can defend PGs and make threes. He'd help them.
That's what I was wondering when I saw that 3 team trade. It looks like Boston gives all the value for cousins and then let's the cavs have cousins in trade for love straight up.

Love has a lot more value than most here think. Smart and a decent pick is a starting spot.

TheBigVeto
01-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Considering Love was channeling his inner Kobe in the last game, I'll trade him with Kobe straight up.

Nick Young
01-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Kevin Love for Andrew Wiggins

outbreak
01-19-2016, 08:43 PM
I've seen Vucevic and Frye for Love and Mozgov thrown around.

Marv_Albert
01-19-2016, 08:46 PM
Love

for

Markieff Morris
Tyson Chandler
Mirza Teletovic

tontoz
01-19-2016, 08:48 PM
Nene/Beal (both expiring, Beal restricted) for Love.

Wizards have the worst rotation at the 4 in the league. Wall/Love would be a very good fit. Wall is being forced into being a number 1 scorer which doesn't really suit him. He would be better off as a number 2 option behind Love.

TheMarkMadsen
01-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Kevin Love's value was so high that he was traded for the most hyped # 1 pick of the last 7 years and now it is so low that people are thinking he could maybe bring in a couple role players

:lol :lol being that third option on these Lebron led big 3 teams is a temporary kiss of death for these guys reputations

outbreak
01-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Kevin Love's value was so high that he was traded for the most hyped # 1 pick of the last 7 years and now it is so low that people are thinking he could maybe bring in a couple role players

:lol :lol being that third option on these Lebron led big 3 teams is a temporary kiss of death for these guys reputations

realistically the cavs are a contending team, they aren't traded love mid season regardless.

TheMarkMadsen
01-19-2016, 08:58 PM
realistically the cavs are a contending team, they aren't traded love mid season regardless.

I don't think he's even eligible to be traded yet, don't teams have to wait a certain amount of time before trading a player they signed in the off season?

Honestly though that would be ridiculous, Kevin Love is an extremely good player. Somebody in the organization needs to sit these guys down and try to convince them to run an actual offense that doesn't 99% consist of clear-out iso's in the high post. The difference in ball movement on the Warrios compared to the Cavs was really eye-opening.

NattyPButter
01-19-2016, 10:34 PM
be dumb to trade Love...how about Cavs play him right and watch him start putting up crazy numbers again. Give him enough touches and post him up. Lebron bitch ass need to stop making everyone he plays with a spot up 3pt shooter.

34-24 Footwork
01-19-2016, 10:38 PM
be dumb to trade Love...how about Cavs play him right and watch him start putting up crazy numbers again. Give him enough touches and post him up. Lebron bitch ass need to stop making everyone he plays with a spot up 3pt shooter.

Exactly. Get love Going early by LOW POST TOUCHES...not by knocking down a couple of jumpers. His game is so much more.

I hope Cavs fans aren't as stupid as Lebron fans.

smoovegittar
01-20-2016, 12:03 AM

bron gets his BFF

:roll:

Send him to Brooklyn for Lopez. The real NY don't want Love.

returnofthemack
01-20-2016, 07:53 AM
I'm sick of all the Kevin love bashing. The guy is averaging 15 and 10 as the third option. Guy is a baller. Anyone really think if the cavs trade for a PF who only plays in the post that this player will somehow get post touches? K love can play in the post but for some reason the cavs don't use him that way. They would rather have him stretching the floor. If love got more touches he could get numbers like he did in Minnesota but that will never happen bc Lebron and Kyrie are too ball dominant.

This is one regular season loss. It doesn't mean shit. If it was finals game one I would be much more concerned. Playoffs are a totally different game. Btw Kyrie didn't show up either. Should we trade him too?

Cavs have to atleast give it a shot this year and if no championship this year then you look at all options.

aj1987
01-20-2016, 08:02 AM

Didn't Bosh get the max before LeBron left?

Also, it's not Love's scoring. Dude's just going through a rough patch. It's his defense...or the lack of it. Dude is quite possibly one of the worst defenders in the league at one of the most important positions.

kshutts1
01-20-2016, 03:10 PM
Trade depends on how Cleveland chooses to use Love moving forward.

But looking at how they HAVE used him, Love for Ryan Anderson and pieces makes a ton of sense for both teams. That said, I can't make anything work in terms of salary and value/skills/abilities.

DMAVS41
01-20-2016, 03:15 PM
They shouldn't trade him, but...

Something like Love/Mozgov/Haywood contract for...

Tyson, Tucker, Morris, Booker (stolen from Swish)

Lebron needs to play the 4 a lot more for this team to play at an optimal level anyway.

#number6ix#
01-20-2016, 05:43 PM
Love and tmo for Millsap and Horford

HoopSuperstar
01-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Tough to trade Love, but just to go along with this thread I would trade Love for Cousins.

And a dream trade Love for Kobe Bryant.(with other players in the mix) Too bad kobe is sticking in L.A, to retire.

T.Thompson
L.James
K. Bryant
Shumpert
K. Irving

swagga
01-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Tough to trade Love, but just to go along with this thread I would trade Love for Cousins.

And a dream trade Love for Kobe Bryant.(with other players in the mix) Too bad kobe is sticking in L.A, to retire.

T.Thompson
L.James
K. Bryant
Shumpert
K. Irving

you should put kobe at power forward tbh, he'd find a way.

outbreak
01-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Love and tmo for Millsap and Horford
Love how bron fans are pulling a kobe stan move here.

just like when they would make 100 threads saying a player is trash then make trade threads acting like he is a stud and teams should gut themselves to trade for him.

Is love is so shit why would they trade millsap and horford for him? :facepalm

outbreak
01-20-2016, 10:55 PM
vucevic, fournier, frye for love, delly, mozgov

VengefulAngel
01-20-2016, 11:01 PM
vucevic, fournier, frye for love, delly, mozgov

Not bad, just too many players moving might need another team for all the mechanics to work out.

Detroit
01-20-2016, 11:08 PM
ilyasova, morris, 1st and 2 2nd rounders for Love.

Think about it LeGM and give SVG a call if u interested.

SwishSquared
02-09-2016, 06:36 PM
In spirit of trade season, this would be a huge homerun for Cleveland imo:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zlj5boj

Inspired by the trade on the Dunc'D On mock trade deadline pod. I'm not convinced Denver would even think about it (only if they're scared Gallo will leave in 2017 maybe), but I think it'd be awesome for Cleveland. LBJ needs to play PF on offense now.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 06:43 PM
Terrible trade ideas all the way around, to my eye. Love isn't going anywhere.

SwishSquared
02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Terrible trade ideas all the way around, to my eye. Love isn't going anywhere.He's not, but it's fun to remake rosters this time of year.

If they move him, they need to get somebody who's more compatible as a combo F alongside James. Otherwise no point in trading him for just another PF.

Fudge
02-09-2016, 08:22 PM
Kevin Love is trash.

His stock is at an all time low. Nobody wants that soft, inefficient, three point chucker that plays no defense.

DMAVS41
02-09-2016, 09:22 PM
In spirit of trade season, this would be a huge homerun for Cleveland imo:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zlj5boj

Inspired by the trade on the Dunc'D On mock trade deadline pod. I'm not convinced Denver would even think about it (only if they're scared Gallo will leave in 2017 maybe), but I think it'd be awesome for Cleveland. LBJ needs to play PF on offense now.

I posted about them doing something with the Nuggets for Gallo and Barton. As usual, I like your Suns addition even better than mine.

Crazy thing...that trade makes so much sense for every team involved imo. I hope someone from the Cavs is looking at this right now...because that wins them the title imo.

DMAVS41
02-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Terrible trade ideas all the way around, to my eye. Love isn't going anywhere.

The suns and nuggets stuff is not terrible at all actually.

I agree he's likely not going anywhere, but if the Cavs really are all in to try and win the title now and over the next 3 years or whatever.

Having Love might not be a good idea unless the Spurs/Warriors get upset. He's not useless in those series, but he's nowhere near an all nba caliber player in those matchups.

The Gallo/Barton trade that I talked about in a different post and Swish just listed above, for example, makes the Cavs a far scarier team against the Warriors imo.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 09:26 PM
He's not, but it's fun to remake rosters this time of year.

If they move him, they need to get somebody who's more compatible as a combo F alongside James. Otherwise no point in trading him for just another PF.
The only package I've seen that makes sense considering all factors -- Love's still relatively young age, the fact that he is locked into a contract and his overall skillset which I'm sure could be better utilized in a different system -- is one with Boston built around Jae Crowder and a pick.

But, I think the Cavs are content with Love and regardless of what his critics may say, he's a valuable piece... especially now that the Cavs don't have to worry about re-signing him any time soon. With the cap exploding next year, his contract will look like a bargain down the road.

I like Gallinari, but he is going to be a free agent soon and the Cavs already have a ridiculous amount of money on the books. Crowder is signed through 2020 (iirc) and he's younger.

I'm very happy with having Love signed longterm though. If this team doesn't win a title, it won't be for lack of talent.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 09:38 PM
The suns and nuggets stuff is not terrible at all actually.

I agree he's likely not going anywhere, but if the Cavs really are all in to try and win the title now and over the next 3 years or whatever.

Having Love might not be a good idea unless the Spurs/Warriors get upset. He's not useless in those series, but he's nowhere near an all nba caliber player in those matchups.

The Gallo/Barton trade that I talked about in a different post and Swish just listed above, for example, makes the Cavs a far scarier team against the Warriors imo.
I've watched the Cavs build teams to specifically beat a presumed opponent in the past and it totally blew up in our faces. I feel the organization needs to build the best team possible and let the cards fall where they may. Instead of chasing what other teams are doing, attempt to be the one that other teams have to plan around facing.

The Warriors and Spurs became this juggernaut over a number of years of experience playing together and being coached to play a specific kind of game. There is no substitute for experience playing together on both sides of the floor. The Warriors were not this good last year and were not as good in 2014 as they were last year (and so on down the line).

When you factor in injuries and time on the court, the Cavs are still learning how to play with one another. And, they have young players in key positions who will likely continue to improve as time passes (Kyrie, Tristan, Shump, etc). Hell, KLove only just turned 27. He is younger than Gallo.

There are ways to tweak the roster to fill the spaces here and there, but -- again -- talent will not be the reason this Cavs' team doesn't win the title, imo. It will be because teams built organically have a natural advantage over ones thrown hastily together. Adding new pieces isn't going to solve that particular riddle.

SwishSquared
02-09-2016, 09:46 PM
I posted about them doing something with the Nuggets for Gallo and Barton. As usual, I like your Suns addition even better than mine.

Crazy thing...that trade makes so much sense for every team involved imo. I hope someone from the Cavs is looking at this right now...because that wins them the title imo.I thought I saw that trade before-you made a thread about some fake Love trades right? I was looking for it but couldn't track it down.

I thought how much sense that trade made after listening to that pod. Love is a good player, but I still think (it seems you align with this too) against a healthy Dubs or Spurs team, he's unplayable the last 5 minutes. You need a much switch-ier defense to match up.

Also, LBJ on offense is solely a superstar on his ability to create layups for himself and make plays for others. He's got 0 jumper this year, so the closer he plays to the basket, the better. I really think if you move Love, you are committing to small ball (else it doesn't make much sense).

I do think Markieff can be rejuvenated on this team off the bench. Just gives the team the option to play bigger or smaller as needed.

Irving-Smith-Gallo-LBJ-TT
Delly-Shump-Barton-Markieff-Mozgov
Williams-Jefferson-Jones-Kaun-King Joff

is a really stacked roster. I really like that mix of guys. I don't think they make a change this year, but maybe they move Love in the summer. Most likely no. But if they don't like their chances now to win the title, then there's limited downside to trading Love imo. Because at worst he still don't win a ring. At best? A better shot to win. I'd roll the dice.

tsforthrees
02-09-2016, 09:46 PM
I've watched the Cavs build teams to specifically beat a presumed opponent in the past and it totally blew up in our faces. I feel the organization needs to build the best team possible and let the cards fall where they may. Instead of chasing what other teams are doing, attempt to be the one that other teams have to plan around facing.

The Warriors and Spurs became this juggernaut over a number of years of experience playing together and being coached to play a specific kind of game. There is no substitute for experience playing together on both sides of the floor. The Warriors were not this good last year and were not as good in 2014 as they were last year (and so on down the line).

When you factor in injuries and time on the court, the Cavs are still learning how to play with one another. And, they have young players in key positions who will likely continue to improve as time passes (Kyrie, Tristan, Shump, etc). Hell, KLove only just turned 27. He is younger than Gallo.

There are ways to tweak the roster to fill the spaces here and there, but -- again -- talent will not be the reason this Cavs' team doesn't win the title, imo. It will be because teams built organically have a natural advantage over ones thrown hastily together. Adding new pieces isn't going to solve that particular riddle.

Isn't Love only a month younger than Gallo? I think if the Cavs switched Love for Gallo and Barton, they are the favorites. I honestly think Denver says no emphatically to that trade offer though, for a number of reasons.

SwishSquared
02-09-2016, 09:53 PM
The only package I've seen that makes sense considering all factors -- Love's still relatively young age, the fact that he is locked into a contract and his overall skillset which I'm sure could be better utilized in a different system -- is one with Boston built around Jae Crowder and a pick.

But, I think the Cavs are content with Love and regardless of what his critics may say, he's a valuable piece... especially now that the Cavs don't have to worry about re-signing him any time soon. With the cap exploding next year, his contract will look like a bargain down the road.

I like Gallinari, but he is going to be a free agent soon and the Cavs already have a ridiculous amount of money on the books. Crowder is signed through 2020 (iirc) and he's younger.

I'm very happy with having Love signed longterm though. If this team doesn't win a title, it won't be for lack of talent.The biggest reason to trade Love is if they don't feel they can't win the title. The upside is you improve your chances to win and the downside is you still don't win a ring. This isn't as much about only trying to beat 2 squads as it is maximizing LBJ's strengths on offense. He likes having plenty perimeter kickout options, and I'd maintain that Gallo & Barton are more comfortable in that role than Love. I also think they'd get better on D with this move.

Re: contract status- you're 100% right. Gallo is surely going to be overpaid in summer 2017, whereas with Love you have 4.5 years locked in. They are only 1 month apart, so I actually don't think it matters much regarding the age difference. Gallo's more athletic and is still very skilled offensively, so he, if he has good health, shouldn't age too poorly. I think it's fair to question his doctors' opinions on his brutal knee injury from a couple years ago (claiming that he'd heal sans surgery). That's not a great excuse, but it's not like Love has had perfect health. His back problems from last year could resurface (as I believe he had some back minor back issue even in Minny).

And you're right- I think Crowder would be sick on this squad, but I legit think Boston won't trade its only LeBron stopper in order to get Love. They'd cough up the Brooklyn pick before that I think (just based on relative certainty of Crowder's production vs. unknown of lottery). If they trade for Love, they'd probably expect to meet Cleveland in the ECF. They can't only rely on Smart and Evan Turner, or others, in a playoff series to slow down LBJ.

In fact, I thought the best-case for Cleveland would have been a 3-way deal: Bradley + Crowder + Gallo + a pick to Cleveland+ 1 young player, Love to Boston, the Brooklyn pick to Denver. That probably isn't realistic though, as it is a big blow to Boston's wing rotation.

RedBlackAttack
02-09-2016, 10:09 PM
The biggest reason to trade Love is if they don't feel they can't win the title. The upside is you improve your chances to win and the downside is you still don't win a ring. This isn't as much about only trying to beat 2 squads as it is maximizing LBJ's strengths on offense. He likes having plenty perimeter kickout options, and I'd maintain that Gallo & Barton are more comfortable in that role than Love. I also think they'd get better on D with this move.

Re: contract status- you're 100% right. Gallo is surely going to be overpaid in summer 2017, whereas with Love you have 4.5 years locked in. They are only 1 month apart, so I actually don't think it matters much regarding the age difference. Gallo's more athletic and is still very skilled offensively, so he, if he has good health, shouldn't age too poorly. I think it's fair to question his doctors' opinions on his brutal knee injury from a couple years ago (claiming that he'd heal sans surgery). That's not a great excuse, but it's not like Love has had perfect health. His back problems from last year could resurface (as I believe he had some back minor back issue even in Minny).

And you're right- I think Crowder would be sick on this squad, but I legit think Boston won't trade its only LeBron stopper in order to get Love. They'd cough up the Brooklyn pick before that I think (just based on relative certainty of Crowder's production vs. unknown of lottery). If they trade for Love, they'd probably expect to meet Cleveland in the ECF. They can't only rely on Smart and Evan Turner, or others, in a playoff series to slow down LBJ.

In fact, I thought the best-case for Cleveland would have been a 3-way deal: Bradley + Crowder + Gallo + a pick to Cleveland+ 1 young player, Love to Boston, the Brooklyn pick to Denver. That probably isn't realistic though, as it is a big blow to Boston's wing rotation.
FWIW, I was not referring to your post when I said the ones I had seen were not good. Gallo and Barton would potentially make us more of a threat this year (I only say "potentially," because I think Love's value is way underrated). It certainly isn't an idea worth scoffing at when you only look at the players involved and the value of the assets being moved around, just based on them as players. It is when you dig a little deeper that it becomes less appealing to the Cavs.

Gallo's contract situation that would essentially kill the whole idea, imho. God only knows what teams with very little hope and a ton of cap space are going to be throwing at him next year. It'll be obscene and the Cavs already have an obscene payroll.

Hell, even Will Barton -- while on a very affordable contract -- is only signed through 2017-18.

Kevin Love is signed through 2020. That is going to be a huge factor going forward when it comes to the team's flexibility under the new CBA. We are heading into this soon-to-be new contract frontier with our best three players signed longterm, and add Tristan to that list as well.

If the Cavs were to ever make a move with Love, I'd have to have, not just a very good player back, but a good player who is locked into a contract.

Also, I wasn't noting Love's age in an effort to show that he makes Gallo look old or anything. I was just pointing it out because a lot of times, I feel like people just view him as an "impact now" player. He just feels a little older than he actually is. Like, if you were to conduct a poll of general NBA fans on who is older, Love or Gallo, I feel confident most people would say Love without even thinking twice.

Love isn't just important for the now, he is important for when LeBron's game changes even more than it already has... and Kyrie/Love are asked to fill a bigger role in getting the offense started.

DMAVS41
02-10-2016, 12:35 AM
I thought I saw that trade before-you made a thread about some fake Love trades right? I was looking for it but couldn't track it down.

I thought how much sense that trade made after listening to that pod. Love is a good player, but I still think (it seems you align with this too) against a healthy Dubs or Spurs team, he's unplayable the last 5 minutes. You need a much switch-ier defense to match up.

Also, LBJ on offense is solely a superstar on his ability to create layups for himself and make plays for others. He's got 0 jumper this year, so the closer he plays to the basket, the better. I really think if you move Love, you are committing to small ball (else it doesn't make much sense).

I do think Markieff can be rejuvenated on this team off the bench. Just gives the team the option to play bigger or smaller as needed.

is a really stacked roster. I really like that mix of guys. I don't think they make a change this year, but maybe they move Love in the summer. Most likely no. But if they don't like their chances now to win the title, then there's limited downside to trading Love imo. Because at worst he still don't win a ring. At best? A better shot to win. I'd roll the dice.

So you really wouldn't move Love if it landed you Morris/Barton/Gallo?

I mean...you aren't even that high on Love in a vacuum if I remember correctly.

That trade gives the Cavs a much better chance against the Warriors/Spurs easily...and I'm struggling to think of a matchup in which having that instead of Love makes the Cavs worse and honestly I can't think of one.

I'm not saying they have to trade him or anything like that, but that Nuggets/Suns deal above makes the Cavs a lot better in my opinion.

DMAVS41
02-10-2016, 12:44 AM
I thought I saw that trade before-you made a thread about some fake Love trades right? I was looking for it but couldn't track it down.

Yea...I put that in my "if Cavs trade Love" thread...

I didn't really get into the details, but I think a move based on Gallo/Barton for Love makes a ton of sense.

I don't think Love/Kyrie is winning anything once Lebron declines, so while I get the future stuff...I don't think that is as important here.

My favorite fake trade was my idea to send Love to the Celtics for Crowder and the Nets pick...not sure the Celtics do this because of the matchups potentially, but ugh...Love is a lot better than he's getting credit for right now imo.

Then take the Nets pick and Andy and filler to get something like Booker/Morris/Tucker from the Suns.

Then they could still use the Haywood exception for something else if need be.

I'm not sure Love's value right now, but it would be really hard to pass on him for Crowder and the Nets pick (just so much unknown in drafts and you'd be praying the pick would be 85% as good as Love) if you are Boston. If Boston views themselves as a legit contender with this current squad if they added one piece....then obviously they wouldn't make this deal. I think the Celtics are in for a rude awakening in the playoffs though. A guy like Love or Griffin...etc...those guys are just so hard to get...and you simply aren't winning a title unless you have two guys of that caliber most likely.

I don't see how Suns could turn that deal down.

So, not the craziest notion to turn Love into Crowder, Morris, Tucker, and Booker...while getting rid of the Andy contract and keeping the Haywood exception

Again, I don't think they have to trade Love, but there are some really interesting possibilities with teams that definitely would be interested

SwishSquared
02-10-2016, 12:57 AM
So you really wouldn't move Love if it landed you Morris/Barton/Gallo?

I mean...you aren't even that high on Love in a vacuum if I remember correctly.

That trade gives the Cavs a much better chance against the Warriors/Spurs easily...and I'm struggling to think of a matchup in which having that instead of Love makes the Cavs worse and honestly I can't think of one.

I'm not saying they have to trade him or anything like that, but that Nuggets/Suns deal above makes the Cavs a lot better in my opinion.I would do that trade lol. I like LBJ as a PF now since it's fair to question if his J ever comes back.

It could be a financial issue in future years with re-signing guys, but I would change the look of the team now. I'm not convinced that they can beat healthy Dubs/Spurs this year. It's very valid to say that either team can sustain an injury, but I think Love on a long term deal can net you a very nice haul that sets you up as a better, deeper team.

I was a lot higher on Love when he was on Minnesota- I thought he just needed to be a #2 option. I still think he's not being used optimally, but if Cleveland can't figure out how to best utilize him and have him play off the other guys, they may as well recalibrate. I think more often he needs to be featured on offense, as that's why they traded for him. That means Kyrie on some nights needs to slide to the third option and be happy to do so. I'm worried about his mobility in 3 years. I really am- I have no knowledge, but he might age into a David Lee esque defender by Year 4 of that contract.

Like you said, a trade isn't necessary. I just think the maximum downside is having to re-sign Gallo and Barton in a couple years. The finances could be too great for them to continue paying through the nose in taxes, but I'd bet that as long as they're contending that Gilbert will foot the bill.

I meant more that I don't expect Cleveland to make a move, if any, involving Love until the summer. If I were Griffin, I'd do the trade as proposed in that other post.

SwishSquared
02-10-2016, 01:11 AM
Yea...I put that in my "if Cavs trade Love" thread...

I didn't really get into the details, but I think a move based on Gallo/Barton for Love makes a ton of sense.

I don't think Love/Kyrie is winning anything once Lebron declines, so while I get the future stuff...I don't think that is as important here.

My favorite fake trade was my idea to send Love to the Celtics for Crowder and the Nets pick...not sure the Celtics do this because of the matchups potentially, but ugh...Love is a lot better than he's getting credit for right now imo.

Then take the Nets pick and Andy and filler to get something like Booker/Morris/Tucker from the Suns.

Then they could still use the Haywood exception for something else if need be.

I'm not sure Love's value right now, but it would be really hard to pass on him for Crowder and the Nets pick (just so much unknown in drafts and you'd be praying the pick would be 85% as good as Love) if you are Boston. If Boston views themselves as a legit contender with this current squad if they added one piece....then obviously they wouldn't make this deal. I think the Celtics are in for a rude awakening in the playoffs though. A guy like Love or Griffin...etc...those guys are just so hard to get...and you simply aren't winning a title unless you have two guys of that caliber most likely.

I don't see how Suns could turn that deal down.

So, not the craziest notion to turn Love into Crowder, Morris, Tucker, and Booker...while getting rid of the Andy contract and keeping the Haywood exception

Again, I don't think they have to trade Love, but there are some really interesting possibilities with teams that definitely would be interestedIt sounds stupid, but do you think Boston would give up Crowder in a deal for Love? I wrote this in a post to RBA, but I think if the Celtics go for Love, they expect to be in the ECF. And they may be hesitant to include their best LBJ stopped in that deal. Crowder would be a sick fit on Cleveland and his contract is such a bargain.

I do like the idea of turning the Brooklyn pick into some pieces from the Suns. I'd even argue that you could potentially net more from them- like getting CLE's 1st back and the guy they stashed in '14 (another wing), if not more assets. Crowder and Booker give you cheap, productive guys on the upswing.

I do think you're right- once LBJ declines enough to where he's no longer the best player on the team, the Cavs probably won't be winning rings with Kyrie and Love leading them. I think there's a valid argument that Love has physically peaked or is at his peak right now. He's going to be very good for 3-4 more seasons, albeit as an ever increasing defensive liability against contenders. But having 2 potential stud wings in Booker & Crowder changes the outlook imo.

DMAVS41
02-10-2016, 11:34 AM
I would do that trade lol. I like LBJ as a PF now since it's fair to question if his J ever comes back.

It could be a financial issue in future years with re-signing guys, but I would change the look of the team now. I'm not convinced that they can beat healthy Dubs/Spurs this year. It's very valid to say that either team can sustain an injury, but I think Love on a long term deal can net you a very nice haul that sets you up as a better, deeper team.

I was a lot higher on Love when he was on Minnesota- I thought he just needed to be a #2 option. I still think he's not being used optimally, but if Cleveland can't figure out how to best utilize him and have him play off the other guys, they may as well recalibrate. I think more often he needs to be featured on offense, as that's why they traded for him. That means Kyrie on some nights needs to slide to the third option and be happy to do so. I'm worried about his mobility in 3 years. I really am- I have no knowledge, but he might age into a David Lee esque defender by Year 4 of that contract.

Like you said, a trade isn't necessary. I just think the maximum downside is having to re-sign Gallo and Barton in a couple years. The finances could be too great for them to continue paying through the nose in taxes, but I'd bet that as long as they're contending that Gilbert will foot the bill.

I meant more that I don't expect Cleveland to make a move, if any, involving Love until the summer. If I were Griffin, I'd do the trade as proposed in that other post.

Haha, sorry, I meant that post as a reply to RBA...not you. I know you'd do that deal.

DMAVS41
02-10-2016, 11:41 AM
It sounds stupid, but do you think Boston would give up Crowder in a deal for Love? I wrote this in a post to RBA, but I think if the Celtics go for Love, they expect to be in the ECF. And they may be hesitant to include their best LBJ stopped in that deal. Crowder would be a sick fit on Cleveland and his contract is such a bargain.

I do like the idea of turning the Brooklyn pick into some pieces from the Suns. I'd even argue that you could potentially net more from them- like getting CLE's 1st back and the guy they stashed in '14 (another wing), if not more assets. Crowder and Booker give you cheap, productive guys on the upswing.

I do think you're right- once LBJ declines enough to where he's no longer the best player on the team, the Cavs probably won't be winning rings with Kyrie and Love leading them. I think there's a valid argument that Love has physically peaked or is at his peak right now. He's going to be very good for 3-4 more seasons, albeit as an ever increasing defensive liability against contenders. But having 2 potential stud wings in Booker & Crowder changes the outlook imo.

I don't think it's stupid...which is crazy. Maybe the Celtics wouldn't give up Crowder/pick for Love.

I think that would be a mistake, but not a terrible one.

Crowder has really impressed me since leaving the Mavs. Hate to say it, but Rick really dropped the ball with him. I can't believe Crowder is capable of this level of play. Rick not utilizing him properly and not growing his game is really a bad error on his part...and it makes that Parsons signing look way worse in retrospect...which led to the terrible Rondo trade. Not to go too far Mavs here, but what a joke our franchise has been since winning the title. Can't believe we lost Aminu and Crowder...and got nothing for either.

Having said that...Love is a legit all nba type player still in my opinion. Getting a guy like that...in the heart of his prime...locked up long term on a good contract. Damn...that is so valuable. Especially to a team like the Celtics.

Losing the Nets pick isn't nothing, but the Celtics are loaded with picks for this year and in the future.

If they can turn a pick and a role player (albeit a really good one) into Love...then have loads of cap room to work with...I think they should pull the trigger on that deal regardless of the matchup issues with the Cavs.

Especially with Batum becoming an unrestricted free agent this summer. The Celtics would be near the front of the line for his services. It would be a near perfect fit and the C's have the room to offer him a big deal iirc.

If the C's added Love this year, Batum and one other guy in free agency, then made another trade with some of their future picks...they are absolutely ready to contend for both the finals and the title imo.

Ezeli, depending on his health, is another guy the C's could go after this summer.

Again though, it depends on the goal. If the goal is to try to win the title and that is really all that matters...you do the deal. If the goal is just to try and build a quality team long term and there isn't pressure to win it all anytime soon...you hold onto the pick/s and hope they hit.

Like I always say though...the Celtics would gladly take a player with the Nets pick that ends up to be roughly 75 to 85 percent as good as Love...that would be a huge win.

So giving up Crowder plus the pick for Love seems like a damn good deal for a team that badly needs a reliable all nba type player in his prime.