PDA

View Full Version : Curry is a Sneaky Athlete

westsideozzie
01-19-2016, 07:02 AM
Dude is stronger than he looks, quicker than he looks, faster than he looks, and crafty as an old fox. He frustrated Kyrie all night with his sneaks, and I don't think he gets credit for being a true athlete than more than a superior basketball player. But make no mistake, I think the key for him now is that he is older and a little more explosive.

3ball
01-19-2016, 07:20 AM
Dude is stronger than he looks, quicker than he looks, faster than he looks, and crafty as an old fox. He frustrated Kyrie all night with his sneaks, and I don't think he gets credit for being a true athlete than more than a superior basketball player. But make no mistake, I think the key for him now is that he is older and a little more explosive.
Curry's athleticism is only slightly better than Carlos Arroyo's was - I remember Carlos doing self-alley oops, and dunking backwards with ease, just like Curry likes to do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuCX1hkoCY&t=0m9s).

And Arroyo's handle was a 9 compared to Curry's 10...

The huge difference in their ability was due to other things - Curry's is a couple inches taller and much longer - Arroyo had short arms and a different, less optimal build (more like Barea).

And most importantly, Curry's jumpshot is immensely superior, which sets everything up for him.. Arroyo would shoot any of us out of the gym, but his shot was completely broke compared to Curry's.

westsideozzie
01-19-2016, 07:23 AM
Curry's athleticism is only slightly better than Carlos Arroyo's was - I remember Carlos doing self-alley oops, and dunking backwards with ease, just like Curry likes to do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNuCX1hkoCY&t=0m9s).

And Arroyo's handle was a 9 compared to Curry's 10...

The huge difference in their ability was due to other things - Curry's is a couple inches taller and much longer - Arroyo had short arms and a different, less optimal build (more like Barea).

And most importantly, Curry's jumpshot is immensely superior, which sets everything up for him.. Arroyo would shoot any of us out of the gym, but his shot was completely broke compared to Curry's.

I agree, and it almost looks like he grew an inch or two since he came in the league. He's a tall 6'3.

ClipperRevival
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
He sure is. He's very quick and quickness is immensely valuable in bball if you know how to use it and he sure can. The guy is just a fluid, coordinated and agile athlete.