PDA

View Full Version : Lebron lost his Fastball?

westsideozzie
01-19-2016, 06:14 PM
He's the greatest physical specimen in terms of height weight speed, skill, quickness we have ever seen. But being objective, he seems to have issues finishing at the rim now if he has path is impeded and he can't leap quickly off his feet anymore. That and his lack of a mid range jump shot is really hurts their offensive because teams know he is going to either drive and kick, or try a layup. He is still a uber athlete, but he's definitely not the same guy he was four years ago.

I always thought the trade of Wiggins was stupid as hell. Heres a guy that you can GROOM to be your replacement, and at the same time have a nice third or fourth wheel. But Kevin Love is a stat whore, and a huge defensive liability. Fools gold..

As constructed now, I don't see the Cavs ever winning, unless Gilbert goes way way over the cap. They need a dynamic wing so Lebron can move to the four and maximize his mismatches.

PP34Deuce
01-19-2016, 06:39 PM
I agree. Lebron at times is a bigger Rajon Rondo. Over passing.

Golden State has a very good Post defense though so it's no cake walk to get in the lane.

I believe against a team like Golden State, He has to be a 4. punish Iggy in the post(which he does better than driving) or forcing Green to really have to play defense every single posession

plowking
01-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Yep, his biggest downfall now is that he doesn't have the agility he once had. Top line speed, jump, strength (probably stronger than ever now) is still all there, but his ability to move on the court is clearly not what it once was.

His stats need to change from being that all around 25/7/7 type, more to 25/9/5 playing from the low and mid post.

LoneyROY7
01-19-2016, 07:01 PM
His curveball isn't breaking like it was in Miami either.

Luckily, he still has a fairly dynamic change-up...but how much longer can that really carry him?