PDA

View Full Version : How do the Cavs stop Warriors/Spurs from targetting Love on P/R's?

Gus Hemmingway
01-19-2016, 11:02 PM
Miami's Big 3 worked was because Wade decided to play off the ball more and Bosh excelled as a shooting forward along with playing defense.

The way the Dubs abused Love on PnRs last night wouldn't happen to Bosh

Is there only chance is if he hedges like crazy?

:confusedshrug:

warriorfan
01-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Hey gus how was the game last night?

Hamtaro CP3KDKG
01-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Its not as big a problem against SA. Love provides enough offensive value and they dont the athleticism of GS

GS is a nightmare matchup with Love. Honestly TT has to play more minutes than Love with Bran back at the position hes been at for years in PF, in that matchup but either way Cavs get waxed

Heavincent
01-19-2016, 11:08 PM
I would honestly start Delly and Thompson against GS if I was Blatt. Bring Irving and Love off the bench.

WayOfWade
01-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Couldn't Love just be the Andrew Bogut of the Cavaliers? I mean, Bogut goes to the bench because he knows it's what's best for the team, and it works. Love can be great against other teams, but like Hamtaro said TT needs to play more against the Warriors since they absolutely light Love up

Gus Hemmingway
01-19-2016, 11:12 PM
I would honestly start Delly and Thompson against GS if I was Blatt. Bring Irving and Love off the bench.

It's not a stretch, just bring him off the bench like Manu.. Surround Love with 4 defenders, delly, shump, Jr and tt. Just run the offense through him and let him play like he did in Minnesota. Gives cavs a reliable bench threat and puts Love's offense in a position to flourish...

Mr. Jabbar
01-19-2016, 11:33 PM
its remarkable how little "usage" curry needs to be dominant. His off the ball game is incredible. Meanwhile love..:lol

No excuses, tho

plowking
01-19-2016, 11:36 PM
They should play Love at C. Bogut and Ezeli aren't going to exploit him as much as Draymond. Though, I think GSW will just start using the mismatches and go 1 on 1 with him off the screen. Still, better than having him running around, "trying" to play defense and wasting energy. 1 on 1 might be the way to go for the Cavs.

The one thing I remember quite clearly about the finals is they tried to do that a lot to TT, and he always did quite well on those 1 on 1's. Sure, he let points in, but he also held his own on a lot.

iBandwagon
01-19-2016, 11:37 PM
They need to save this strategy for the playoffs.

FKAri
01-19-2016, 11:38 PM
Replace Love with prime Kevin Garnett

Hopper15
01-19-2016, 11:58 PM
Put him on the bench and force Lebron to play PF.

archkiller
01-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Trade love with bosh and play bosh at centre and lebron at pf.