PDA

View Full Version : The REAL trade the Cavs need to make is Bran for Porzingis

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 11:17 AM
The Cavs won't win a championship with Bran. He is no longer at his peak. He is at the tail end of his prime. The Cavs will most likely make it to the next 3 NBA Finals and lose them all. Bran is marginalizing Kyrie, Love, and Blatt.

Blatt's offense in the Euroleague was a thing of beauty. His system is akin to the Spurs/Warriors system emphasizing ball movement. The Cavs offense now is just Bran ball. Bran dominating the basketball and marginalizing 2 top 15 players.

It's time to pull the trigger. Phil Jackson and Melo are old. When Porzingis is fully developed they both probably won't be part of the Knicks organization. The deal will have to include 2 salary fillers to match salaries(Calderon and Afflalo. Both players have one year left on their contracts after this season).

Dr Hawk
01-20-2016, 11:20 AM
If the Cavs are happy with simply being the best Eastern team with no chances to win a championship, then they should keep Lebron

If they want to have any chance to win the championship, they should start rebuilding as soon as possible, and that starts by getting rid of Lebron and Love

Gus Hemmingway
01-20-2016, 11:21 AM
cp3 for chris paul

Sarcastic
01-20-2016, 11:26 AM
Knicks say no.

bluechox2
01-20-2016, 11:29 AM
porzingis for Irving and bran

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 11:31 AM
Knicks say no.

LOL. I knew this is how Knicks fans would respond. The age gap between Melo and Porzingis is too much. Perhaps dumping Melo for young assets is the way to go?

Real Men Wear Green
01-20-2016, 11:35 AM
I suppose Ainge would give David Lee for James. Cleveland would have to throw in a few first round picks tho.

bluechox2
01-20-2016, 11:38 AM
LOL. I knew this is how Knicks fans would respond. The age gap between Melo and Porzingis is too much. Perhaps dumping Melo for young assets is the way to go?

so what of the age difference... this team is better with melo and zinger is already on the fast track to allstardom to be melos sidekick

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 11:39 AM
porzingis for Irving and bran

You guys will still have 20 million in cap space this summer. Maybe sign Al Horford?

Bran, Melo, and Horford can make a run.

Sarcastic
01-20-2016, 11:49 AM

First of all no one is trading for Lebron and his 1 year deals. His contract pretty much makes it so he determines where he wants to play. Knicks don't even have the pieces to win with Melo and Lebron either, especially if they trade Porzingis.

There's a better chance that Melo would waive his no trade clause and go go Cleveland, in a 3 way trade involving Love. Send Love to Boston, Melo to Cleveland, and some picks to NY. The trade makes sense for all parties, but because they all play in the same conference, it'll probably never happen.

SouBeachTalents
01-20-2016, 11:53 AM
I suppose Ainge would give David Lee for James. Cleveland would have to throw in a few first round picks tho.

Even then I don't think that's a trade the Celtics make tbh

kamil
01-20-2016, 12:10 PM
LOL, what kind of idiot would trade Porzingis for Kevin Love?

What's that you say? LeBron* needs more help? Well, tough shit. You already got your big 3. Deal with it.

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 12:19 PM
LOL, what kind of idiot would trade Porzingis for Kevin Love?

What's that you say? LeBron* needs more help? Well, tough shit. You already got your big 3. Deal with it.

:biggums:

Ca$H
01-20-2016, 12:27 PM
First of all no one is trading for Lebron and his 1 year deals. His contract pretty much makes it so he determines where he wants to play. Knicks don't even have the pieces to win with Melo and Lebron either, especially if they trade Porzingis.

There's a better chance that Melo would waive his no trade clause and go go Cleveland, in a 3 way trade involving Love. Send Love to Boston, Melo to Cleveland, and some picks to NY. The trade makes sense for all parties, but because they all play in the same conference, it'll probably never happen.

That trade would only work if Boston gives up the 2016 nets pick. Would they give that up for Love?