PDA

View Full Version : is Tyson Chandler stuck in PHX for the foreseeable future?

Levity
01-20-2016, 02:42 PM
signed a 4 year/$52 million deal, so any team that wants to take him has to be willing to take on salary for the next few years. but is he a commodity contenders would want? what would PHX want in return?

HOoopCityJones
01-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Chandler thought he was being smart going to the Suns.

DMAVS41
01-20-2016, 02:58 PM
Love, Mozgov, Cunningham, and Haywood contract for...

Tyson, Knight, Morris, and PJ Tucker

I wouldn't do it for the Cavs...

SwishSquared
01-20-2016, 04:27 PM
Love, Mozgov, Cunningham, and Haywood contract for...

Tyson, Knight, Morris, and PJ Tucker

I wouldn't do it for the Cavs...Cavs would need to get Booker and Phoenix's pick unprotected this year. Or at a a minimum their own pick back for this year and at least 1 future first from Miami to make it worth taking on Chandler. Maybe he's hurt and/or doesn't care once he got paid. Maybe he's unmotivated to play on the worst team in the league essentially. Or he's too old.

I probably still wouldn't do that if I'm the Cavs, but it's certainly something.

pastis
01-20-2016, 05:22 PM
PHOENIX SUNS BABY. :yaohappy: :whatever: :kobe:

Coach Eddie
01-20-2016, 05:26 PM
Getting such a long, high contract this late in his career was the only thing good about that move.

Mawly-G
01-20-2016, 05:26 PM
I still can't understand why he signed with the Suns. That decision still baffles me.

He's gonna waste the rest of his decent playing years away in that hell hole.

pastis
01-20-2016, 05:28 PM
I still can't understand why he signed with the Suns. That decision still baffles me.

he was overrated, is overrated and will go down massively overrated when he retires.

E_Stamkos
01-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Has he been any good this year? Haven't seen much of him in Phoenix.

PP34Deuce
01-20-2016, 05:37 PM
Tyson Chandler historically shuts it down on bad teams. He's great for contending but even then once he gets a check he sucks the first 2 years.

Perfect destination of "contract year" player.

chocolatethunder
01-20-2016, 05:43 PM
he was overrated, is overrated and will go down massively overrated when he retires.
This is mostly true. His career has been more hot and cold than it has been hot. He's played like trash this year too. He was most valuable to the Dallas team that won. He's always been a solid rebounder, never a great one (couple of good years but hardly a stud). He's a decent shot blocker but not a great one. He sucks on offense. Not as bad as Ben Wallace but he's not good. He has been so bad this year, he should be thanking the Suns for that contract. So he should be thankful that he's "stuck" in Phoenix with that contract because I don't think that he can have much of an impact on another team.

Levity
01-20-2016, 05:49 PM
could you see CHI trading noah's expiring and filler for Chandler and Tucker (or appropriate filler), as insurance in case both gasol and noah leave this summer?

or potentially go crazy and see if they can also pawn rose (20 mil expirer next season) off to the suns for knight

G-train
01-20-2016, 05:51 PM

Cos the Mavs screwed him (Cuban admitted it) and a borderline playoff team with an upward arrow offered him 52m.

swagga
01-20-2016, 06:02 PM
ghazi's wife still crying for big daddy tyson :oldlol:

smoovegittar
01-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Tyson Chandler historically shuts it down on bad teams. He's great for contending but even then once he gets a check he sucks the first 2 years.

Perfect destination of "contract year" player.

Couldn't agree more. He really turned into a little bitch in NY.

Draz
01-20-2016, 07:44 PM

Like he didn't on the Knicks