PDA

View Full Version : Cavaliers shopping Timofey Mozgov in trade talks

CurryOverLebron
01-20-2016, 04:06 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/01/19/report-cavaliers-shopping-timofey-mozgov-in-trade-talks

HoopSuperstar
01-20-2016, 04:13 PM
Clippers can use a center that makes his free throws. Cleveland could use a SF to move James for stints at the 4 spot; not sure if J.Smith or L. Stephenson can help considering their reputation.

imnew09
01-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Bulls should get on this since Noah is out for the season

Boston as well.

jayfan
01-20-2016, 04:15 PM
Not sure he's the piece they should be moving.

:facepalm

Coach Eddie
01-20-2016, 04:16 PM
Hopefully this backfires.

kennethgriffin
01-20-2016, 04:17 PM
theyre obviously going small

tristan at center

lebron power forward

Coach Eddie
01-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Bulls should get on this since Noah is out for the season

Boston as well.
Cavs probably don't want to help the Bulls unless the Cavs get a steal. Bulls losing Noah is potentially one of the reasons why Cavs don't feel Mozgov is necessary anymore. They can now get through the East without a true big, and then they will better match up against the Warriors (and lose anyway).

PP34Deuce
01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
That and he may want more money on upcoming contract. He can hit free throws and a hook shot. good rebounder just really clumsy.

Cavs need an athletic SF-PF that can cause havoc defensively. the issue is do you want Josh Smith or Morris on this team with other malcontents.

D-Wait
01-20-2016, 04:31 PM

This.

HoopSuperstar
01-20-2016, 04:36 PM

They need a quality player, and they're not trading Love or Irving. So who else can they trade to get what they want? Cause they're not shopping Mozgov just to shift some salary.

34-24 Footwork
01-20-2016, 04:38 PM
That and he may want more money on upcoming contract. He can hit free throws and a hook shot. good rebounder just really clumsy.

Cavs need an athletic SF-PF that can cause havoc defensively. the issue is do you want Josh Smith or Morris on this team with other malcontents.

Not sure how much "havoc" Josh Smith has caused since 2008 :lol

Morris, I understand, to some degree.

34-24 Footwork
01-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Lmao @ trading Mozgov. If this is another LeGM idea, it shows.

But I'd expect a little more from the executives that run this franchise. You already gave up Wiggins, now you're giving up one of the more decent big men in the league who can hit freethrows and mid range jumpers.

Hey Yo
01-20-2016, 04:45 PM
Cavs probably don't want to help the Bulls unless the Cavs get a steal. Bulls losing Noah is potentially one of the reasons why Cavs don't feel Mozgov is necessary anymore. They can now get through the East without a true big, and then they will better match up against the Warriors (and lose anyway).
I don't think it's that.

Maybe more like they see that he's constantly getting stripped of the ball down low and how his finishing at the rim with little traffic has diminished.

Plus TT needs playing time to develop some post game scoring (besides lobs) Not sure he's coordinated enough to do so, though.

TheImmortal
01-20-2016, 04:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4rmgwzM.jpg

PP34Deuce
01-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Lmao @ trading Mozgov. If this is another LeGM idea, it shows.

But I'd expect a little more from the executives that run this franchise. You already gave up Wiggins, now you're giving up one of the more decent big men in the league who can hit freethrows and mid range jumpers.

Huge risk but i see the cavs feeling reasonably comfortable that sideshow bob can last the regular season and Playoffs. So far, he's been pretty good when given minutes. He actually is a better finisher on his broken ankles than 2 healthy ones from Mozgof. Cavs don't make a trade if they don't feel Andy V is healthy for a run.

HOoopCityJones
01-20-2016, 04:55 PM
You mean the same Mozgov who made them extremely better on the defensive end compared to without him? Hope they're getting Chandler, Howard or DJ back.

TheImmortal
01-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Would love to see Mozgov get shipped... dude is a monster imo and doesn't miss free-throws.

34-24 Footwork
01-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Bosh advice to Love

"So even if you do like the left block, the volume of the left block is going to be different. Now you have to make those moves count. So with me, it was like a chess game. I'm doing this move and thinking about the next move and trying to stay five moves ahead. You're not getting it as much. If you got one or two a game, it's a lot different."

You don't get your pick of the buffet.

"Exactly," Bosh said. "You just get your entree and that's it. It's like, wait a minute, I need my appetizer and my dessert and my drink, what are you doing? And my bread basket. What is going on? I'm hungry! It's a lot different. But if you can get through it, good things can happen. But it never gets easy. Even up until my last year of doing it, it never gets easier."

Wiggins on being traded:

34-24 Footwork
01-20-2016, 04:59 PM
Wiggins and Love were prophets.

Wiggins got the fvck outta that situation. Love took the bait.

PP34Deuce
01-20-2016, 04:59 PM
http://www.spotrac.com/nba/cleveland-cavaliers/timofey-mozgov/

Mozogf is an UFA. Had a chance to sign an extension but said no. legit 7 footer with post skills automatically makes him a 10-11 million a year player. He's making 4.5M now.

He's trying to get paid and the Cavs def don't want to pay it. He's defnitely getting traded.

bdreason
01-20-2016, 05:00 PM
Cavs should trade LeBron. Honestly, he's the one that doesn't fit.

Levity
01-20-2016, 05:01 PM
imagine life on ISH if CLE traded mozgove for a nonbig, then get matched up against MIA in the playoffs, and whiteside just goes off. :lol

PP34Deuce
01-20-2016, 05:04 PM
Wiggins and Love were prophets.

Wiggins got the fvck outta that situation. Love took the bait.

It also shows their mindset. Bosh explained it in the most honest way. I love how he said due to lack of volume, you have to make the most of opportunities. Bosh has the perfect team attitude.

Love is sulky.

Mawly-G
01-20-2016, 05:05 PM

Mozzy meant so much to this team last year

FatComputerNerd
01-20-2016, 05:15 PM
Very bad idea if we get rid of T-Mo.

Yes he's been worse this year but that's because he's coming off an injury.

He's the only real legit 7'+ center we've got. Small ball is the thing now I realize, but still have to have a center.

What will we do vs teams like the Spurs and others who have multiple true centers? We will be fuxed. :confusedshrug:

smoovegittar
01-20-2016, 06:41 PM
imagine life on ISH if CLE traded mozgove for a nonbig, then get matched up against MIA in the playoffs, and whiteside just goes off. :lol

Man, I'd pay to witness this. :applause:

kamil
01-20-2016, 06:43 PM

They should trade LeBron*, it'd allow everyone else to play to their maximum potential and actually make teammates better.

Doranku
01-20-2016, 06:47 PM
This makes sense if the Cavs face the Warriors in the finals... but what if they see San Antonio?

Crown&Coke
01-20-2016, 06:48 PM
Maybe due to his contract. Trying to get an asset for him.

He is on a team friendly 5 mil deal and is a FA next year.

Dude is a talented big, someone is going to pony up some big dollars for him. Are the Cavs willing to give out another sizable contract to that already contract heavy front court?