PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love is 14th in the NBA in defensive rating and 12th in defensive win shares...

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 01:35 PM
Both the highest on the Cavs. He's also 5th in the league in defensive rebound percentage.

:lebronamazed: :lebroncry:

Sorry dude, avid fans won't buy him as a scapegoat for Bran.

G-Funk
01-21-2016, 01:40 PM
Better than Lebron?

Dr Hawk
01-21-2016, 01:41 PM
https://vine.co/v/iOLFbZHA60V

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 01:41 PM
https://vine.co/v/iOLFbZHA60V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9wLWF8TXo

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Better than Lebron?

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK9wLWF8TXo

imnew09
01-21-2016, 01:48 PM
too bad he's playing along Lebeta. Truly feel sorry for this All-Star :cry: :cry:

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 01:58 PM
What's wrong...does this not fit the Bran agenda?

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2016, 01:59 PM
That is hilarious because bran stans go nuts over those advanced stats and swear by them

yet at the same time they try to tell us ay Love is terrible on defense..

which one is it? :oldlol: :oldlol:

they won't know what to do with this info, they can't downplay the same stats that they've been using to argue Lebron > x for years now.. can they?

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 02:04 PM
That is hilarious because bran stans go nuts over those advanced stats and swear by them

they won't know what to do with this info, they can't downplay the same stats that they've been using to argue Lebron > x for years now.. can they?

It truly is hilarious.

I just want to see the little weasels attempt to explain this away.

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2016, 02:06 PM
It truly is hilarious.

I just want to see the little weasels attempt to explain this away.

they won't even try, they'll just hope and pray this thread falls to the 2nd page as soon as possible

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 02:07 PM
they won't even try, they'll just hope and pray this thread falls to the 2nd page as soon as possible

:roll:

Hey Yo
01-21-2016, 02:10 PM

Ask post #3 in this thread, Dr. Hawk. Done nothing but criticize K.Love's defense this season.

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2016, 02:15 PM
Ask post #3 in this thread, Dr. Hawk. Done nothing but criticize K.Love's defense this season.

I've already seen his vine that he loves to post.

I can find one play of any player playing bad defense :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
01-21-2016, 02:19 PM
What i'm saying is, how many Cavs fans have you seen constantly complaining about Love's defense this season?

Dr. Hawk isn't Cavs fan, btw

WayOfWade
01-21-2016, 02:20 PM
But I saw a video where he blew a defensive assignment! Are you telling me that was just one play and doesn't accurately reflect K-Love's play as a whole?

Dr Hawk
01-21-2016, 02:21 PM
To use a stat like DRTG to claim if a player is bad or good defensively is simply wrong. You need the eye-test, and thanks to that we know that Love sucks hard.

TheMarkMadsen
01-21-2016, 03:03 PM
To use a stat like DRTG to claim if a player is bad or good defensively is simply wrong. You need the eye-test, and thanks to that we know that Love sucks hard.

for years people on ISH have been using DRGT to determine who is a good defender, but now when those stats don't work for their "Lebron has no help" agenda these stats don't mean shit??

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Levity
01-21-2016, 03:04 PM

yoooooo, whatever you need to fit your agenda

Dr Hawk
01-21-2016, 03:05 PM
for years people on ISH have been using DRGT to determine who is a good defender, but now when those stats don't work for their "Lebron has no help" agenda these stats don't mean shit??

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Key word, people. Not me.

Good thing is that you are trying to shit on Lebron stans really hard. Hint: you can't do that with me, I'm not a Lebron stan. Save your energy

navy
01-21-2016, 03:12 PM
im just going to assume that the stats over values defensive rebounds. Which Kevin Love is one of the best in the league at. If that matches your agenda.

Gileraracer
01-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Lebron is the second option on this team :applause:

Kvnzhangyay
01-21-2016, 03:59 PM
It's not even defense, it's that on offense he sucks balls sometimes

RepMe
01-21-2016, 04:07 PM
Doesn't he get a boost by being on the court with a strong defensive lineup even if he isn't the reason?

bluechox2
01-21-2016, 04:26 PM

you telling me an offense designed and orchestrated by lebron isnt helping others?

BigTicket
01-21-2016, 04:28 PM
Defensive stats favor big men, this is not news.

There are only 4 perimeter players in the top 40 for defensive plus minus (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM)

And defensive rating is mostly a team stat, with 5 of the top 10 being Spurs players.

That said, Kevin Love is not nearly as bad a defender as people claim.

k0kakw0rld
01-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Wasn't he supposed to be the main focus? Getting 7 shots a game is not going to cut it.

LeBron is actually an idiot. He said Love will be the main offensive focus then he talks about him and Kyrie being a tag team :facepalm

Kyrie is actually garbage as a pg. He can't create for others for sh!t. Play SG and put DELLI as your starting PG.

ShawkFactory
01-21-2016, 04:33 PM
Jose Calderon is 14th ALL time in Ortg

Legends66NBA7
01-21-2016, 04:39 PM

Exactly. Context is required and that's why important thoroughly to research all these stats.

Jose was a great offensive player on the time he was on the floor, though.

Hey Yo
01-21-2016, 04:41 PM
you telling me an offense designed and orchestrated by lebron isnt helping others?
then does that mean that LeBron won B2B titles with an offense designed and orchestrated to not help others?

Phenith
01-21-2016, 04:43 PM
I knew there was a reason I never put much weight into those stats.
Anyone who has working eyes can see Love is a bad defender.

FatComputerNerd
01-21-2016, 05:03 PM

Jose was always underrated.

HOoopCityJones
01-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Advanced Metrics. I'm amazed by it's powa.

FireDavidKahn
01-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Product of who he plays with. Carlos Boozer Had one of the best DRTg's in the league during his last yer in Chicago.:facepalm

ShawkFactory
01-21-2016, 05:14 PM
Jose was always underrated.
He was absolutely an excellent offensive player. But is he/was he a better offensive player than anyone playing right now except for Chris Paul (who is #1 all time btw)?

Obviously all advanced metrics need to be taken with a grain of salt but these ones particularly

AnaheimLakers24
01-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Little fagggots ducking this thread

La Frescobaldi
01-21-2016, 05:52 PM
Little fagggots ducking this thread

lol yes they are.

this must be that "single best stat" everybody was talkin bout

Smoke117
01-21-2016, 05:54 PM
You'd have to be an idiot to think Kevin Love is a good defensive player...so it makes sense that stalker made this thread.

LongLiveTheKing
01-21-2016, 06:11 PM
Eye test. I guess OP didn't watch Spurs going after Love every possession down the stretch. He couldn't stop anyone. His defense is terrible :lol

TommyGriffin
01-21-2016, 06:16 PM
This is what I have been saying! I am a big Cavaliers fan and even if people want to lie about Kevin Love's defense, the numbers will not!

Kevin Love is a great player offensively and defensively. Most people's "Eye Test" is actually the "Skin Color Test". Kevin Love is white so people say he is a poor defender. Disgusting.

The numbers do not lie, Kevin Love is not only one of the best Power Forwards in the game even when he is playing with LeBron and not able to put up his usual 26 points 12 rebounds.

coin24
01-21-2016, 06:31 PM
Lebald fam body bagged, no more excuses:lol

Rest in piss:cheers:

Young X
01-21-2016, 06:35 PM
That's strictly because of his defensive rebounding.

That's the only value he provides on the defensive end and those stats overvalue it. Same reason why Carlos Boozer used to have good individual DRtg's.

TommyGriffin
01-21-2016, 06:43 PM

That's the only value he provides on the defensive end and those stats overvalue it. Same reason why Carlos Boozer used to have good individual DRtg's.

You are completely wrong. Drtg is not a counting stat that is based on values preset by the creator of the statistic. You are thinking of PER.

Defensive Rating uses the same theoretical base as Offensive Rating, but looks at points allowed as opposed to points produced. This statistic actually started out as a way to determine how many points a team allowed per 100 possessions.

I know you have a racist agenda against Kevin Love but the numbers do not lie. He is a great player and a solid defensive player as well.

Dr Hawk
01-21-2016, 06:48 PM
DBPM is a better stat than DRTG

Love's DBPM = 1.6

Last year, his DBPM was negative, -0.1, which is a lot more realistic

ShawkFactory

That and KLove will routinely guard the worst offensive front court player on the floor for the opposing team.

He also doesn't generally play as many minutes against very good offensive teams.

And I'd have to have someone who watches most cavs games confirm this, but I'd imagine that Blatt often compensates with his best defensive lineups (sans love) when he is on the court. And that he would be taken out when the other teams best offensive lineup is on. Just the little things to keep him from being exploited fully.

Young X
You are completely wrong. Drtg is not a counting stat that is based on values preset by the creator of the statistic. You are thinking of PER.

Defensive Rating uses the same theoretical base as Offensive Rating, but looks at points allowed as opposed to points produced. This statistic actually started out as a way to determine how many points a team allowed per 100 possessions.

I know you have a racist agenda against Kevin Love but the numbers do not lie. He is a great player and a solid defensive player as well.That's TEAM Drtg, not individual.

Individual DRtg is a stat that uses boxscore stats (Defensive boards, blocks, steals) and team performance. Problem is defense unlike offense can't be measured correctly using stats.

I don't have a racist agenda against Love lmao, I just think he's soft.

outbreak
01-21-2016, 06:50 PM
:lol

Long Duck Dong
01-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Alert! Alert! Bran Fam Alert!

https://pithypropertymanager.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/keep-calm-and-do-damage-control.png

G-Funk
01-21-2016, 07:20 PM
That and KLove will routinely guard the worst offensive front court player on the floor for the opposing team.

Well it's not like the leader of the team defends the best player.

"going to take a lot of guys looking themselves in the mirror and it all starts with our leader over there and dwindles on down.'

G0ATbe
01-21-2016, 07:24 PM
Now all of a sudden advanced stats are bullshit and eye test is the way to go. :lol

Keep moving the goal post LeShit stains

Black and White
01-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Now all of a sudden advanced stats are bullshit and eye test is the way to go. :lol

This made me lol

outbreak
01-21-2016, 07:45 PM

And now Love's stats don't matter because he doesn't guard the other teams best player, but Bron hasn't done that for years but he is still a good defender?

coin24
01-21-2016, 07:46 PM

:lol :lol :lol

Nick Young
01-21-2016, 07:54 PM
proof that these idiotic advanced stats mean nothing.

knicksman
01-21-2016, 08:18 PM
I knew there was a reason I never put much weight into those stats.
Anyone who has working eyes can see Love is a bad defender.

And anyone who has working eyes knows bran isnt an elite offensive player

FatComputerNerd
01-21-2016, 09:28 PM
And anyone who has working eyes knows bran isnt an elite offensive player

bait

ShawkFactory
01-21-2016, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=G-Funk]Well it's not like the leader of the team defends the best player.

"going to take a lot of guys looking themselves in the mirror and it all starts with our leader over there and dwindles on down.'

ShawkFactory
01-21-2016, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=G-Funk]Well it's not like the leader of the team defends the best player.

TheImmortal
01-21-2016, 09:34 PM
But what's his VORP though? Only legit stat in the game..

dhsilv
01-21-2016, 09:48 PM
That's TEAM Drtg, not individual.

Individual DRtg is a stat that uses boxscore stats (Defensive boards, blocks, steals) and team performance. Problem is defense unlike offense can't be measured correctly using stats.

I don't have a racist agenda against Love lmao, I just think he's soft.

your margin of error in how you derive the stats is higher in defensive ratings. Both have flaws if you think they tell you who is a great scorer or defender without a lot of added context.

stalkerforlife
01-21-2016, 11:03 PM

:lol

Akhenaten
01-21-2016, 11:33 PM
proof that these idiotic advanced stats mean nothing.

Good to see some sensible posters on here, a lot of folks on here always going on and on with these dumb ass stats. What the hell is a damn win share, just the name sounds frigging stupid.