PDA

View Full Version : Will Kevin Durant ever win a ring?

navy
01-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Crazy that a guy that's name can be uttered with the best of them may never win a ring. :biggums:

Dude may end up the best player to never win.

outbreak
01-21-2016, 06:06 PM
Not that crazy, we've seen a shit load of great players go ringless. Granted in this day and age with players swapping teams more often you'd think he would have a higher chance at picking one up.

Clifton
01-21-2016, 06:08 PM
I can see him toiling in OKC for another max contract, not winning anything, and then he and his team amiably part ways so he can go somewhere else and win one or two: like Drexler, Aldridge.

Oh: he WILL re-sign with OKC... I'm glad that talk of going to Washington, etc. has died down. He has it too good there, too much chemistry, and he's with the best team he could be on without looking like a ring-chaser. OKC *can* win it, I just don't think they will.

Dr Seuss
01-21-2016, 06:13 PM
still has plenty of time. lebron didnt win his ring til his 2nd contract, and had 1 finals appearance before that

so far durant is on the same track.

pastis
01-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Im sure that he will win at least one title (maybe this year? going berserk like Dirk in 2011).
He had his chance in 2012, but just lost to the (then) better player in Lebron (both teams were stacked).
Durant hast like 6 elite years left.

TommyGriffin
01-21-2016, 06:19 PM
No he will not. He had his chance when he his team was stacked with players like.

Westbrook
Harden
Ibaka
Jackson

He had a better opportunity than most players get and he squandered it.

k0kakw0rld
01-21-2016, 06:23 PM
Crazy that a guy that's name can be uttered with the best of them may never win a ring. :biggums:

Sir Charles > Durcan't

Clifton
01-21-2016, 06:26 PM
No he will not. He had his chance when he his team was stacked with players like.

Westbrook
Harden
Ibaka
Jackson

He had a better opportunity than most players get and he squandered it.
He went against a superteam. Played well but Miami played better. And they were more experienced. There's no shame in that.

Nobody can win it every year. Shaq, Jordan, Lebron all met with playoff frustration the first half of their careers, for various reasons. His team is always a contender, he appears to have *it*... I don't see him going a whole career without winning one unless tragedy strikes in the form of injuries.

Young X
01-21-2016, 06:27 PM
Not that crazy, we've seen a shit load of great players go ringless. Granted in this day and age with players swapping teams more often you'd think he would have a higher chance at picking one up.This is why rings mean very little to me for individual players (although it does account for something).

Some of the best players of all time retired without winning a ring. But every year we see players inferior to someone like Charles Barkley winning rings.

It's mostly about being in the right situation at the right time.

And if you're gonna ring count then you have to be consistent. Like why don't more people rank someone like Tony Parker above John Stockton?

the mesiah
01-21-2016, 06:46 PM
He has to wait until Warriors disband and spurs get old and disband as well.He has to team up with someone else besides Westbrook,

Fudge
01-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Haha they're taking it this year, mang. :dancin

Just wait on it.

Draz
01-21-2016, 07:09 PM
He went against a superteam. Played well but Miami played better. And they were more experienced. There's no shame in that.

Nobody can win it every year. Shaq, Jordan, Lebron all met with playoff frustration the first half of their careers, for various reasons. His team is always a contender, he appears to have *it*... I don't see him going a whole career without winning one unless tragedy strikes in the form of injuries.
To be fair, OKC did have a really solid team.

Lebron23
01-21-2016, 07:14 PM
They can still upset the Warriors, and Spurs, but he needs to play in the same level before he was injured.

G-Funk
01-21-2016, 07:23 PM
If he moves teams

SwishSquared
01-21-2016, 07:30 PM
still has plenty of time. lebron didnt win his ring til his 2nd contract, and had 1 finals appearance before that

so far durant is on the same track.LeBron won his first ring in his 9th season, in his third Finals appearance. This is now Durant's 9th season, so he certainly could be on track, though he'd be behind in Finals appearances, if that even matters.

LBJ had an out after 3 seasons in his second contract (first deal post-rookie contract). So he technically won a ring while on his 3rd contract. Durant opted for 0 opt out clauses in his second contract.

Just wanted to clarify.

OKC has had some terrible injury luck the past few years. Thought that if in 2014 they'd been healthy against the Spurs that there'd be a '12 Finals grudge match.

tmacattack33
01-21-2016, 07:33 PM

Nah, Malone will probably still end up better. Barkley is up there as well.

Proctor
01-21-2016, 07:35 PM
They don't have that great of a team, but they're mistaken as such because they were one all of a few short years ago. Without some peasant team knocking off the Spurs or Warriors which we know isn't happening, and without the Thunder upsetting the other somehow, they aren't winning a championship.

AnaheimLakers24
01-21-2016, 07:38 PM
No, unless that little bitch goes to the lakers to get spoon fed by D'LO.

westbrick isnt the type of player who wins rings in his prime. Kd needs a new team that he can build with and la is that team.

okc is already plagued with a system that doesnt work and will atay like that for years.

La is his only and best option

Cold soul
01-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Yeah I think he will win at least one even if not his prime. I could see Durant ring chase towards end of his career if still ringless which is fine.

dabigbaws
01-21-2016, 08:23 PM
He gonna have 2 by the end of next season.

2 MVP 2 FMVP 2 RANGZ 5 SCORING TITLES. GOAT