PDA

View Full Version : Does Delly have a shot at Most Improved?

plowking
01-21-2016, 10:21 PM
Maybe not statistically, but anyone who watched him last year, and compare it to the player he is now can see that it is night and day.

He has just about doubled his statistical input in a few major categories, but it is mainly his ball handling and shooting that has improved so much where he is actually a real threat now and not someone you can pressure. Last year he couldn't get the ball up the court, or hit his 3's consistently. Now it seems whenever he gets a kickout he drills it near every time.

I know CJ will probably run away with the award, but Delly has really built himself into a legit 6th man, and probably one of the better ones in the league.

Straight_Ballin
01-21-2016, 10:25 PM
He's a dirty SOB but you have a valid argument.

outbreak
01-21-2016, 10:26 PM
Maybe not statistically, but anyone who watched him last year, and compare it to the player he is now can see that it is night and day.

He has just about doubled his statistical input in a few major categories, but it is mainly his ball handling and shooting that has improved so much where he is actually a real threat now and not someone you can pressure. Last year he couldn't get the ball up the court, or hit his 3's consistently. Now it seems whenever he gets a kickout he drills it near every time.

I know CJ will probably run away with the award, but Delly has really built himself into a legit 6th man, and probably one of the better ones in the league.

He's improved his over all game a lot but come on he shot 40% from three last season and you are saying he couldn't hit threes consistently? He averaged under 1 turnover a game but he couldn't bring the ball up the court?

TommyGriffin
01-21-2016, 10:37 PM
Delly is a great player and he is very underrated.

imnew09
01-21-2016, 10:38 PM
3 all stars , most improved player, tt as sixth man

How much more help?!

plowking
01-21-2016, 10:40 PM
He's improved his over all game a lot but come on he shot 40% from three last season and you are saying he couldn't hit threes consistently? He averaged under 1 turnover a game but he couldn't bring the ball up the court?

Yes, he couldn't bring the ball up last season. Even in the playoffs last year, Bron or Kyrie would bring the ball up, and have him play as almost an off guard.

Now his usage% is up, and so is his time on the ball.

His shooting percentage has gone up this season, and he seems to be consistently hitting shots. Last year it seemed as if there was 1 good shooting one, then a poor one, then mixed in like that.

Not just something I noticed, even posters like RBA who watch a hell of a lot more Cavs than I do mention it.

Lebronxrings
01-21-2016, 10:47 PM
no

/thread

JimmyMcAdocious
01-21-2016, 10:51 PM
He's a white guard. I just assumed he's a 50/40/90 guy already.

DukeDelonte13
01-21-2016, 10:56 PM
highly doubtful. He is very improved but he doesn't strike me as a player that's well liked enough to get any serious consideration.

JebronLames
01-21-2016, 11:01 PM

How much more help?!
They'll have only 1 all star this year

plowking
01-21-2016, 11:34 PM
He's a white guard. I just assumed he's a 50/40/90 guy already.

I know its a joke, but his free throw shooting has also greatly improved. More signs that he really did improve as a shooter.

Mike smith
01-21-2016, 11:36 PM
Delly is a great player and he is very underrated.
I wouldn't say "great" player but he has got better

Meticode
01-21-2016, 11:37 PM
He has a 0% shot at winning it. He's improve since last year though. He's way more confident on his three and takes more shots off the dribble with his three as well.

4 Inches
01-21-2016, 11:38 PM
Delly used to be a generic white NBA 2K player.
Now the boy got his own face. :applause:

AintNoSunshine
01-21-2016, 11:44 PM

How much more help?!

A real NBA coach would be nice

oarabbus
01-21-2016, 11:45 PM
I straight up think Will Barton should win this award

Rocketswin2013
01-21-2016, 11:48 PM
There are other guys but I would give it to him. He's not only well improved but he is actually really good. I don't care what anyone says.

Meticode
01-21-2016, 11:52 PM
C.J McCollum, averaging 14PPG more than he did last year and increased his freethrow percentage by 10%. 20/4/4 right now.

sammichoffate
01-21-2016, 11:54 PM
C.J McCollum, averaging 14PPG more than he did last year and increased his freethrow percentage by 10%. 20/4/4 right now.This. McCollum for MIP by a landslide, next closest guy I could think of would be Will Barton from Denver

RedBlackAttack
01-22-2016, 12:01 AM
Other guys probably have a better shot due to huge statistical jumps, but from a perspective of impact, he should be right up there. He has been steadily improving since he came into the league, but even last year there were times in the regular season where we'd have to shorten rotations because of his inconsistency and lack of offensive confidence.

Now? Blatt is constantly looking for ways to get him on the court. He is one of the best backup PGs in the league.

Prime_Shaq
01-22-2016, 01:45 AM
CJ McCollum is the player who has the most growth in stats which is also due to the increase in minutes as well as skill so he should win the award. In terms of straight up improvement in skill, I see Will Barton having improve more than CJ.

JebronLames
01-22-2016, 02:35 AM
I agree that delly, barton, and CJ have improved a lot, but i think the most improved player goes to Kobe Bean Bryant. He has already played in more games this season than last, and has also decreased his turnovers from 3.7 to 2.2.

Captvic
01-22-2016, 09:31 AM
I agree that delly, barton, and CJ have improved a lot, but i think the most improved player goes to Kobe Bean Bryant. He has already played in more games this season than last, and has also decreased his turnovers from 3.7 to 2.2.

:lol :lol :lol

Haymaker
01-22-2016, 09:35 AM
Delly used to be a generic white NBA 2K player.
Now the boy got his own face. :applause:

:oldlol: This is true.