PDA

View Full Version : Devin Booker

Captvic
01-22-2016, 06:54 AM
I must say I'm pretty impressed by the kid. Looking like a future Kobe out there. Suns got a steal:applause:

buddha
01-22-2016, 07:05 AM
how lucky is the league he didn't fall one more pick to the Thunder.

raprap
01-22-2016, 07:35 AM
The next great 2 guard. hopefully. :cheers:

buddha
01-22-2016, 07:36 AM
The next great 2 guard. hopefully. :cheers:

nah he's just gonna be a more slightly more athletic J.J. Redick

raprap
01-22-2016, 07:39 AM
nah he's just gonna be a more slightly more athletic J.J. Redick
He's still 19 tho. Hopefully he improves his ball handling just like Steph did. If he can somehow create seperation he's going to be deadly.

WorldWarriors
01-22-2016, 11:40 AM
He's still 19 tho. Hopefully he improves his ball handling just like Steph did. If he can somehow create seperation he's going to be deadly.
He reminds me of Steph a lot.

Prime_Shaq
01-22-2016, 12:39 PM
He reminds me of Steph a lot.
Reminds me more of Klay tbh

WorldWarriors
01-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Reminds me more of Klay tbh Not Steph at this point in his career. But Steph when he first came into the league. But I can see the comparison to Klay as well.

FKAri
01-22-2016, 02:05 PM
Not Steph at this point in his career. But Steph when he first came into the league. But I can see the comparison to Klay as well.

Steph was way better as a rookie

WorldWarriors
01-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Steph was way better as a rookie Sure Steph was better but the kid still reminds me of him. He's so confident in his shot.

r0drig0lac
01-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Klay Thompson 2.0

bdreason
01-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Steph was way better as a rookie

Curry was a 21 year old Rookie.

Booker is still 19 years old.

Booker reminds me more of an Eric Gordon type player.

FreezingTsmoove
01-22-2016, 02:23 PM
Hes Ray Allen, he has a lot of finesse on his drives to the basket

SwishSquared
01-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Rich man's JJ Reddick imo if he learns how to play D. And that'd make one heck of a player in today's league imo.

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
01-22-2016, 09:30 PM
This kid has a very bright future ahead... It's just great watching him progress each and every game he plays. A lot of people were saying how Justise Winslow was the most NBA ready player coming in to the draft... but Devin Booker has been the most impressive out of the bunch.

Karl-Anthony Towns, Jahlil Okafor and Kristaps Porziņģis have also been very impressive so far. I think Rookie Of The Year will come down to these 4 young men! If Booker would have been a starter from the beginning of the season... or at least getting significant minutes at the beginning then he'd have the ROY award locked up by now. Considering how well he played in the Summer League his role on the team should of been bigger at the start of the season. It was just dumb luck that an injury occurred that allowed him the opportunity to play significant minutes. That should have realized after last year that the whole 2 PG gimmick wasn't going to work.

Anyways I'm just glad to see him doing very well!

FreezingTsmoove
02-03-2016, 01:03 AM
He continues his rookie scoring rampage with 27 in a loss

PejaNowitzki
02-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Looks like Klay Thompson in many ways. Stats aren't that far off from Klay's as a rookie thus far either.

KT-24.5mpg, 12.5ppg, 41% 3P, 44% FG.

DB-21.7mpg, 10 ppg, 41% 3P, 46% FG.

He has scored 15.4 points, corralled 3.2 rebounds, and created 1.7 assists in 30.4 minutes per contest in 11 games as a starter—numbers fittingly similar to the rookie season for Klay Thompson, a common comparison for Booker. On the season, Booker is shooting 44.6% from three-point land, which would rank sixth in the league if he had enough attempts to qualify.

http://www.si.com/nba/2016/01/20/devin-booker-phoenix-suns-kentucky-melvin-booker-eric-bledsoe-john-calipari

https://vine.co/v/iJiz0KViaJE

All this from a guy who wasn't even a starter at Kentucky.

livingby3's
02-03-2016, 01:34 AM
Hes Ray Allen, he has a lot of finesse on his drives to the basket

I stand by this, still thinks he's more young Ray than Klay.

Either way he's been good and thats all that matter. I hope to see him challenge the ranks of top 3 SG in the next few years.

But...fking Suns..

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
02-03-2016, 02:18 AM
I stand by this, still thinks he's more young Ray than Klay.

Either way he's been good and thats all that matter. I hope to see him challenge the ranks of top 3 SG in the next few years.

But...fking Suns..I just want to see the Suns lose out while DB and Goodwin continue to work on their game and improve. If the Suns can get one of the top-3 picks and draft a quality player that will come in and contribute right away they'll be in the playoffs next year. People forget that this team isn't as bad as they seem... After all they are playing without their 2 leading scorers and assists guys.

I would love for them to make a big move at the trade deadline for Cousins or Griffin.

Knight, Morris, Goodwin and Warren for Cousins.

tsforthrees
02-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Klay is such a lazy comparison. Shoots the three and no one knows his race at first glance. Jesus. You actually watch him play and his game doesn't resemble Klay's in the slightest. This guy is the next Voshon Lenard, nothing more.

r0drig0lac
02-03-2016, 06:05 AM
I just want to see the Suns lose out while DB and Goodwin continue to work on their game and improve. If the Suns can get one of the top-3 picks and draft a quality player that will come in and contribute right away they'll be in the playoffs next year. People forget that this team isn't as bad as they seem... After all they are playing without their 2 leading scorers and assists guys.

I would love for them to make a big move at the trade deadline for Cousins or Griffin.

lmao

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
02-03-2016, 06:54 AM
lmaolol well the Suns are not going to keep 3 of those 4 players so they might as well flip them for something in return. The Kings are going to lose Cousins eventually. The trade would benefit both teams. I don't see another team that could put a better package together than the Suns. They'd probably have to throw in this years lottery pick.

jimmyjames
02-03-2016, 07:52 AM
lol well the Suns are not going to keep 3 of those 4 players so they might as well flip them for something in return. The Kings are going to lose Cousins eventually. The trade would benefit both teams. I don't see another team that could put a better package together than the Suns. They'd probably have to throw in this years lottery pick.
:oldlol:

Kings would never do that trade, they are not giving up Boogie for anything less than an established All-Star in return.

I don't see why the Suns need to make a trade anyways, they will be back in the playoffs next year when the team is healthy. Morris is a good player, now that they got rid of that bum of a coach Jeff Hornacek and Goodwin is on the verge of being a breakout player. However they should consider getting rid of one of the PG's since Booker is going to be the starting SG for years to come.

raprap
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I hope the Suns give him the keys as a point guard. I think that's his best position to succeed as a star in this league.

OmniStrife
02-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Got hella snubbed out of the rookies game this year... :coleman:

highwhey
02-03-2016, 02:28 PM
I just want to see the Suns lose out while DB and Goodwin continue to work on their game and improve. If the Suns can get one of the top-3 picks and draft a quality player that will come in and contribute right away they'll be in the playoffs next year. People forget that this team isn't as bad as they seem... After all they are playing without their 2 leading scorers and assists guys.

Lmaooooo

No way we're trading morris, goodwin for cousins. Morris just scored 30 last night as a starter - he's a 20ppg player. Goodwin is on the verge of becoming a very good player as well. No thank you

As a suns fan, we need to tank this season. If every fcking other organization does it, including lakers, why cant we?

miggyme1
02-03-2016, 02:33 PM
lets just wait until defenses start coming up with a gameplan for him. Then we will see his true colors.

he is gonna be curry at best

DELL CURRY

kurple
02-03-2016, 02:35 PM
sixers and lakers are the only ones tanking

highwhey
02-03-2016, 02:40 PM
sixers and lakers are the only ones tanking
And its a god damn shame the nab didnt step in on the sixers. Tanking every fckig year after stockpiling all that talent. I hope they get injured. Jerry Colangelo deserves to be managing a more classy org.

PejaNowitzki
02-03-2016, 11:46 PM
Klay is such a lazy comparison. Shoots the three and no one knows his race at first glance. Jesus. You actually watch him play and his game doesn't resemble Klay's in the slightest. This guy is the next Voshon Lenard, nothing more.

:biggums:

:biggums: