PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Josh Smith traded back to Houston

$LakerGold
01-22-2016, 11:45 AM
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 11m11 minutes ago
Clippers are sending cash to Houston with Josh Smith, covering the balance of his salary. Houston only sending draft rights to Clippers.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 15m15 minutes ago
Houston will send rights to foreign players and cash to the Clippers for Smith, league source tells Yahoo.

sportjames23
01-22-2016, 11:47 AM
Damn, the Clippers are basically paying the Rockets to take this nigguh back. :oldlol:

$LakerGold
01-22-2016, 11:48 AM
As part of deal, the Clippers send the Rockets the rights to Serhiy Lischuk, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

MP.Trey
01-22-2016, 11:49 AM
Damn, the Clippers are basically paying the Rockets to take this nigguh back. :oldlol:
:roll:

StephHamann
01-22-2016, 11:53 AM
He carried the Rockets to the WCF last year, i expect them to finish strong as 3-4th seed now.

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2016, 12:09 PM
Doc Rivers is a good coach but there isn't much good to be said about his GM work. Maybe he could do it well if it was his sole focus but the list of guys that have done well as both coach as well as GM is short. Just focus on one job and let someone else do all the scouting and deal-making involved with GM.

pegasus
01-22-2016, 12:14 PM
It'd be so funny if these two teams matched up again in the playoffs and Smith tipped the scale in Houston's favor.

chocolatethunder
01-22-2016, 12:30 PM
Doc Rivers is a good coach but there isn't much good to be said about his GM work. Maybe he could do it well if it was his sole focus but the list of guys that have done well as both coach as well as GM is short. Just focus on one job and let someone else do all the scouting and deal-making involved with GM.
I don't even think that he's a good coach. He had some great players and a great staff in Boston for sure. Whatever he's done in LA has not been successful. And yes for sure he sucks as a GM.

jayfan
01-22-2016, 12:45 PM
He carried the Rockets to the WCF last year, i expect them to finish strong as 3-4th seed now.

:lol

Real Men Wear Green
01-22-2016, 01:00 PM
I don't even think that he's a good coach. He had some great players and a great staff in Boston for sure. Whatever he's done in LA has not been successful. And yes for sure he sucks as a GM.
You have to have great players to win. You don't ever see a coach win without them. What separates good coaches from bad is that their team does what it's supposed to do or better. And Doc having a great staff is just a credit to him as a coach. A head coach has to do a good job of picking assistants. Why wouldn't he want a great coach like Thibodeau helping him? If he rejected the opportunity to hire Thibs when he had it that would be a far greater indictment of him as a coach than the wise move of hiring him.

He definitely shouldn't be trying to GM while coaching though.

Levity
01-22-2016, 01:03 PM
so Doc wants Smith to shit on blake again this post season? :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
01-22-2016, 01:56 PM
What a fail this signing was, but to trade him back to the team that knocked you out of the playoffs last year? Doc sucks at his job.

miggyme1
01-22-2016, 02:01 PM

cant blame doc for the team choking. they choked two years ago against the thunder and was up 3-1 against houston and choked. i mean lets be honest they werent gonna beat the warriors in the next round but still you gotta handle your business and get to the next round and that falls on the players. doc has had this team for th elast 3 seasons on the cusp of getting to the finals or wcf...team keeps choking

Funktion
01-22-2016, 02:10 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/PoshMeatyHake.gif

SwishSquared
01-22-2016, 02:15 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/PoshMeatyHake.gif:roll:

Was that the final straw or something haha? Doc lost another trade, so no surprise I guess. His backup frontcourt is Lance/Pierce/Aldrich. Don't think that's enough lol.

Clippers badly need to a sign a GM this summer.

Prime_Shaq
01-22-2016, 02:16 PM
Does Doc wanna see him rain 3s for the opposite team again?

ClipperRevival
01-22-2016, 02:31 PM
:facepalm

WTF? Smith might lack consistency but the guy is a great talent when he's motivated. This is a guy we still could've used come playoff time.

Doc is a terrible GM. He proves it AGAIN.

Im Still Ballin
01-22-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm just glad the Kings didn't end up signing him, Wesley Matthews or Bargs

SwishSquared
01-22-2016, 02:46 PM
I'm just glad the Kings didn't end up signing him, Wesley Matthews or BargsYou're lucky SVG turned down the Kings' offer of expirings for him 3 months before he used the stretch provision on Smith lol.

Draz
01-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Doc is a fcking moron. Any team can use someone like Smith.

Asterisk on his ring

clipps
01-22-2016, 03:33 PM
What a complete moron. Why would you trade him to the Rockets of all teams? Especially for basically nothing.

TemporaMutantur
01-22-2016, 03:41 PM
Smith and Dwight had great chemistry actually.

senelcoolidge
01-22-2016, 03:43 PM
I agree that you have to stick to one job either coach or be a GM, not both. Doc keeps failing as a GM and as a coach he's been exposed on a few occasions. The Clippers need to fire him at one of his jobs. I guess if he weren't the GM than his son wouldn't be on the team.

Fallen Angel
01-22-2016, 03:44 PM
https://giant.gfycat.com/PoshMeatyHake.gif
The **** is wrong with Lance? Dude is CBA bound in the next 3 years.

Levity
01-22-2016, 03:44 PM
I agree that you have to stick to one job either coach or be a GM, not both. Doc keeps failing as a GM and as a coach he's been exposed on a few occasions. The Clippers need to fire him at one of his jobs. I guess if he weren't the GM than his son wouldn't be on the team.

eh, SVG is doing a hell of a job. same with Flip.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 03:54 PM
so Doc wants Smith to shit on blake again this post season? :oldlol:

You know Blake averaged 27/12/5 on 55 percent in that Rockets series right? :oldlol: And lit up Smith when he was being guarded by him.

Laker fans. :lol

Levity
01-22-2016, 04:05 PM
You know Blake averaged 27/12/5 on 55 percent in that Rockets series right? :oldlol: And lit up Smith when he was being guarded by him.

Laker fans. :lol

yeah blake played great (despite the 4 TO's a game). you dont hear me saying anything different. but smith stepped it up those final 2 games, which resulted in 2 losses and an elimination from the playoffs.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 04:07 PM
yeah blake played great (despite the 4 TO's a game). you dont hear me saying anything different. but smith stepped it up those final games, which resulted in 2 losses and an elimination from the playoffs.

Yes, Smith played a good couple of quarters in that series and averaged a whopping 10/4/1 on 40 percent shooting. Far from "shitting" on him, while Blake's putting up prime Barkley numbers. :oldlol:

Levity
01-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Yes, Smith played a good couple of quarters in that series and averaged a whopping 10/4/1 on 40 percent shooting. Far from "shitting" on him, while Blake's putting up prime Barkley numbers. :oldlol:

17 a game the final two in 22 mins per isnt exactly not shitting on him, either. and every game smith started resulted in a W for HOU.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 04:15 PM
17 a game the final two in 22 mins per isnt exactly not shitting on him, either. and every game smith started resulted in a W for HOU.

And Blake averaged 28/10/4 on 58 percent in those last two games. :oldlol:

You made a dumb statement. It's ok.

Levity
01-22-2016, 04:28 PM
And Blake averaged 28/10/4 on 58 percent in those last two games. :oldlol:

You made a dumb statement. It's ok.

That is very impressive. and to think, in game 6 blake did all that in 3 quarters! considering him and DJ went scoreless in the 4th letting the rockets push the series to 7 :banana:

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 04:32 PM
That is very impressive. and to think, in game 6 blake did all that in 3 quarters! considering him and DJ went scoreless in the 4th letting the rockets push the series to 7 :banana:

The fact that you have to isolate a single quarter in an entire 7 game series to "validate" your comment says it all.

You made a stupid statement. I called you out on it. Sorry.

Duderonomy
01-22-2016, 04:32 PM
Smith's style of play doesn't win in today's NBA. An undersized 4 was no outside shot isn't in high demand. The Wolves don't want him, even being thin in that position. I see the Clippers in the 4 spot and not getting out of the second round. Houston is still hot garbage.

Levity
01-22-2016, 04:33 PM

if thats the light you need to find at the end of the tunnel, so be it.

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 04:36 PM
if thats the light you need to find at the end of the tunnel, so be it.

Nope. Just calling out stupidity.

SexSymbol
01-22-2016, 05:29 PM
The fact that you have to isolate a single quarter in an entire 7 game series to "validate" your comment says it all.

You really got out-classed in this argument, don't say his statements are stupid, mate, really not helping your case

LoneyROY7
01-22-2016, 05:31 PM
You really got out-classed in this argument, don't say his statements are stupid, mate, really not helping your case

I got outclassed, yet all the numbers are in my favor? How do you figure?

Ahh, you're both Lakers fans. That makes sense. :oldlol:

Dr Seuss
01-22-2016, 05:41 PM
i dont know why it's so hard to believe that Smith was the savior of that rockets team. down 1-3. coach mchale made the switch to start smith. he had a 14 point 4th quarter of game 6. and a huge first half in game 7. blake choked in game 6. played good in 7. something like 10 in the 4th? but half of those came in the closing minutes when the team was down 10+

every sport outlet was praising smith for how he played against the clippers. even hit something close to 50% from 3 from the top of the arc. and then doc sends him back to the team that humiliated them in the WCSF? way to go, doc

Euroleague
01-22-2016, 05:43 PM
The fact that Daryl Morey still has not been fired from his job as the Rockets GM is an undeniable proof that such jobs in the NBA are given to certain pre-selected people through dubious connections.

There is no way in hell that clown would have ever kept that job this long otherwise, nor that he ever would have even gotten it in the first place otherwise.

Dr Seuss
01-22-2016, 05:44 PM
e NBA are given to certain pre-selected people through dubious connections.

i feel that was already pretty well known

Euroleague
01-22-2016, 05:46 PM
i feel that was already pretty well known

When I use the phrase "dubious connections", I am referring to something totally different than what the US sports media talks about.

bobopenguin
01-24-2016, 04:13 AM
lol damn, no excuse!
rockets better get to con. final now.

Nick Young
01-24-2016, 04:42 AM
Remember when people used to think Josh Smith was a good defender?:confusedshrug:

Pushxx
01-24-2016, 05:35 AM
Remember when people used to think Josh Smith was a good defender?:confusedshrug:

He used to be an great defender...like 5 years ago. Now...no lol.